Opiate Reissue arriving soon!

not tyson
Grammy Winner
Height: 186cm

Post by not tyson »

Kittaan said
^ Back up there, talk of some perceived significant differences.  Piqued my interest.  Shoulda known better.

Tool fans 'imagining' a difference, dear lord, could people be more delusional when it comes to this band?

hellboy
Site Admin
Height: 182cm

Post by hellboy »

There is a difference though, but very subtle.  Listening side by side I'd say most would notice it, but listening in isolation you'd be hard pressed to tell one from the other.
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

UndKeineEier said
That's cool and all, but what I think the people really want to know is your opinion on my Mad Libs.

No one really gives a shit about them in the other thread, so I'd ask you politely not to pollute other threads with them.

Let's stay on topic.
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

Nice of them to let me know how much room was left on their server on the invoice...

Also that on the customs declaration it's only worth $10
doors
Metalologist

Post by doors »

hellboy1975 said
Nice of them to let me know how much room was left on their server on the invoice...

That does not surprise me.

Hotdog
Fanboi

Post by Hotdog »

badkittygothgirl said
Mine will probably sit in the mailer package just like my signed Salival.

And i thought i was the only one who did that!
badkittygothgirl
Stinkyfist

Post by badkittygothgirl »

Hotdog said

badkittygothgirl said
Mine will probably sit in the mailer package just like my signed Salival.

And i thought i was the only one who did that!

Nope.  I have a curio cabinet full of nightmare before Christmas collectibles. Maybe it is time to make room for my TooL collectibles.

Kittaan said
@ Kat - That's not MystaRabbit.  That's another dude with the LetTheRabbits tag, just in case you hadn't yet figured it out.

Dammit.  No I had not.  Thanks for the heads up.
markuspoop
Oddfellow

Post by markuspoop »

hellboy1975 said

Is this like the Super-Golden Ticket?

I like to poop naked.
Kittaan
Peen Taster

Post by Kittaan »

18 April, 2013 (07:04pm) 

COPIES OF OPIATE STILL BEING SHIPPED 

Hundreds of copies of the Opiate 21st anniversary CD are being shipped every day, so if you haven't received your copy yet, please be patient as it shouldn't be too much longer before it arrives in the mail.

Well, I am feeling like the red headed step child... still no email, no status change.  At this point I've seen everything there is to see in the package, Hellboy has already dashed any hopes of a remastered CD, seriously doubt there's a golden ticket coming... I basically have nothing to look forward to, so who cares anyway?  Neener.

@ Hellboy - they've been doing that since the first package I got from TA.  I should go find an old invoice and see what they were at back in 2006 or so.

@ Tyson - I know, I know. 

Ki77aan :twisted:
bob
Toast

Post by bob »

hellboy1975 said
Ripped both of my Opiate CD's to FLAC and did a few blind tests, one on Hush and the other on Opate.

Listening to Hush, 4 out of 5 times I was able to identify the correct track when played side be side.  With Opiate I got all 5 guesses correct.

That said, there isn't huge difference. The wavebar shows a minor difference in the levels (see pic below) and I expect that's pretty much it.  To my ears the new Opiate sounds like it has a little more oomph in the bass, and I expect that's a direct result of the volume increase.  Their certainly seems to be no changes in the levels of the instruments or vocals at all.

Here's the original

Here's the Reissue

Sorry they're a bit skewed by the forum - click to see them in their full glory.

Good job hellboy! im not sure how inclined a lot of people are to do that type of thing even though its not hard. (or maybe they just dont have the time) but its pretty much what i figured might happen. it looks like they raised the DB a couple notches or a few at most. ive worked with this stuff many times with my own recordings so that is what it looks like to me. the fact the volume is somewhat raised could be why some are saying its clearer. even a volume increase can have that affect..plus the fact they paid 150 bucks for it! im not kidding on that!

i really appreciated the guy that made the scans of the artwork! thanks again for that!

bob
Toast

Post by bob »

bill462 said
I like the idea of the usb dealie.  I will put as much Tool on it as possible and stick it in a Faraday Cage.

You been listening to interviews with Drunvalo Melchizedek? He mentioned that in recent interviews if a huge Solar Flare were to hit us whic is a possibility. honestly, i dont see it happening. we might get hit by solar flares more then we already do but i doubt anything will wipe out hard drives and cds/dvds...

hold on to that usb stick though!

njbrey15
Maynard Believer

Post by njbrey15 »

Just got mine! Everything was included, except the golden ticket . Every signature looks good except Adam's who's looks like he signed it with a silver bic pen.
lipanconjuring
of Arimathea

Post by lipanconjuring »

hellboy1975 said

LOL
insaner
Bronco's Fan

Post by insaner »

got my two.  ver 3&4.  signatures were all there.  no doodle.  no seal on the COA.

that no seal part kinda pisses me off.  until i...

SAW THIS...

psych.

hey hellboy are you the english dude who was in that band from way back in the AMT days?
Kittaan
Peen Taster

Post by Kittaan »

^ Hellboy is an Aussie, so nope.  But he was in a band, and I'm sure he'll provide you with some tunes if you'd like.  Some of them are even listenable!
insaner
Bronco's Fan

Post by insaner »

hah right on, thanks.
fulcanelli
Bronco's Fan

Post by fulcanelli »

bob said 

i really appreciated the guy that made the scans of the artwork! thanks again for that!

How did I miss that?  I did a search but couldn't find them.  I'd love to see them, do you have a link?
insaner
Bronco's Fan

Post by insaner »

its around page 16 give or take a couple pages.
fulcanelli
Bronco's Fan

Post by fulcanelli »

insaner said
its around page 16 give or take a couple pages.

Found it, thanks!  And thanks to thablakester for posting them.
budsyralli
Fornicraster
Height: this tall

Post by budsyralli »

go taff!
Bogart
Geacon

Post by Bogart »

Received a charge from Tool today for the Opiate anniversary CD. Hopefully its coming soon...
SHbassGTR
Maynard Believer

Post by SHbassGTR »

Finally got mine today!
Kittaan
Peen Taster

Post by Kittaan »

Finally got an email from Merch that it shipped.  They said it may be coming with a Golden Ticket.  Should I believe them?
The Boss
LSDeeeeeee
Height: Not A Fucking Manlet

Post by The Boss »

Kittaan said
Finally got an email from Merch that it shipped.  They said it may be coming with a Golden Ticket.  Should I believe them?

Yes. TOOL and their associates have an excellent history of telling the truth, keeping fans in the know, and making sure their fans are well taken care of.

O love will you read the letters I will send to you.
Bogart
Geacon

Post by Bogart »

The Boss said

Kittaan said

Yes. TOOL and their associates have an excellent history of telling the truth, keeping fans in the know, and making sure their fans are well taken care of.

I real life LOL'd