Opiate Reissue arriving soon!

The Boss
LSDeeeeeee
Height: Not A Fucking Manlet

Post by The Boss »

Bogart said

The Boss said

Kittaan said
Finally got an email from Merch that it shipped.  They said it may be coming with a Golden Ticket.  Should I believe them?

Yes. TOOL and their associates have an excellent history of telling the truth, keeping fans in the know, and making sure their fans are well taken care of.

I real life LOL'd

Why? Oh, why?

O love will you read the letters I will send to you.
N.Y.H.C.
Serial Thrilla

Post by N.Y.H.C. »

The Boss said

Bogart said

The Boss said

Kittaan said
Finally got an email from Merch that it shipped.  They said it may be coming with a Golden Ticket.  Should I believe them?

Yes. TOOL and their associates have an excellent history of telling the truth, keeping fans in the know, and making sure their fans are well taken care of.

I real life LOL'd

Why? Oh, why?

Asteroids do not concern me, Admiral. I want that ship, not excuses.
insaner
Bronco's Fan

Post by insaner »

it pisses me off that neither of my COA's had the stamp.

anyone know whats up with the 500 inside the seal on the sleeve?
bill462
Bronco's Fan

Post by bill462 »

bob said

bill462 said
I like the idea of the usb dealie.  I will put as much Tool on it as possible and stick it in a Faraday Cage.

You been listening to interviews with Drunvalo Melchizedek? He mentioned that in recent interviews if a huge Solar Flare were to hit us whic is a possibility. honestly, i dont see it happening. we might get hit by solar flares more then we already do but i doubt anything will wipe out hard drives and cds/dvds...

hold on to that usb stick though!

Of course the vinyl is most important to have since you could make a player that works without power.  I'm missing the obvious one of course.  Might buy a cheap bootleg...better than nothing.
bill462
Bronco's Fan

Post by bill462 »

insaner said

wow, seeing your name made me go check on amt where I used to lurk hard.  It's still going kind of I guess.
ua hua
Bronco's Fan

Post by ua hua »

insaner said

Mine didn't have a stamp on it either. I have never seen a certificate of authenticity that doesn't have some kind of seal or embossed stamp on it to prove that it's real. Any joker could print off a copy like this and claim that it's real. It seems like this was all done last minute and in their rush to get it out didn't go over all the details.
azbay
RIP

Post by azbay »

Finally got mine today! Sadly no golden ticket or doodles but wasn't expecting it anyways, happy with my purchase also I too was wondering what the 500 was about? Also my coa was not stamped as well nothing on usb, things that I already knew from other posts but still had to check spiral out!
bob
Toast

Post by bob »

Of course the vinyl is most important to have since you could make a player that works without power.  I'm missing the obvious one of course.  Might buy a cheap bootleg...better than nothing.

what are you talking about? i was commenting on your farade cage thing. aah, nevermind
Bogart
Geacon

Post by Bogart »

TOOLSOGNO said
I received mine today. It's hard to say what they should be worth. The artwork is very impressive. One thing I will add is that the signatures didn't take very well with the type of material they used. 

Dannys signature is pretty smudgy on mine
lipanconjuring
of Arimathea

Post by lipanconjuring »

mfw the golden tickets were a ploy to sell out of copies and the only one went to Buzz Osborne
Bogart
Geacon

Post by Bogart »

My COA doesn't have the seal either...the fuck?
ganjalf
Maynard Believer

Post by ganjalf »

Has anyone else been charged, no shipping email, and on the account says processing? Wondering when it's going to be changed from processing to shipping :[
Calfium Jay
Geacon

Post by Calfium Jay »

ganjalf said
Has anyone else been charged, no shipping email, and on the account says processing? Wondering when it's going to be changed from processing to shipping :[

Yes. Me.

NickTheGC
of Arimathea

Post by NickTheGC »

ganjalf said

And me

Bogart
Geacon

Post by Bogart »

Me as well...

insaner
Bronco's Fan

Post by insaner »

bill462 said

insaner said

wow, seeing your name made me go check on amt where I used to lurk hard.  It's still going kind of I guess.

hah.  i check it out like once every 3 or 4 months.  its all just that one psycho dude now.
aldonin90
Maynard Believer

Post by aldonin90 »

Ordered the Opiate version 2 but received version 1....  

anyone with the same problem?
eyepod
of Arimathea

Post by eyepod »

Received mine Saturday.No surprises.Signed by all 4,no stamp on Certificate,No extra doodles.Overall a pretty cool package.

The Date on the audio files on the CD is 1992,so I assume nothing new about them at all.
rinkwhopper
Has been

Post by rinkwhopper »

Received mine today finally. All 4 signatures are there. The only doodle is something Danny did - a circle within a triangle with a dot in the center? Something like that. No seal on the COA... lame. And sadly, no golden ticket.

Also could this thing have been packed any tighter? I can't get the contents back in the package. 

All that said, I am appreciative of the package. It's pretty cool. 
njbrey15
Maynard Believer

Post by njbrey15 »

@aldonin90. I ordered version 3 and got version 5. I emailed merch today just to see my options. No big deal since I don't really care about the differences. The only problem I have is Adam's signature looks like shit.
Outsider
My pain is just an excuse

Post by Outsider »

The only doodle is something Danny did – a circle within a triangle with a dot in the center?

that's not a doodle. Danny always has that in his sig.
lettherabbitswearglasses
Maynard Believer

Post by lettherabbitswearglasses »

Wife just told me that my package arrived today. I will be opening it as soon as I get home from work.  I will let everyone know if I have a golden ticket. I probably do!
Kittaan
Peen Taster

Post by Kittaan »

Just got my buddy's copy in the mail.  Like others have reported: Comes in a simple padded envelope, no other protection, but it arrived in good shape.  It is a bitch and a half to get shit out of that package.  No Golden Ticket, and no surprise there.  The cert did have an embossed seal.  All four sigs were there and un-smudged.  The USB card works fine, but I was surprised to find it was only 4GB - thought someone mentioned 16GB?  Either way, totally useless.  It was blank as everyone already knows.  What a sham(e).

Since Hellboy and others have already confirmed there's no point in even bothering listening to the CD, I'll just put it all back together and get it to my friend when he's back.

Disappointed, but not surprised.
Ki77aan :twisted:
else
Maynard Believer

Post by else »

I've lurked here for a while, but I might as well throw in my two cents. I ordered from the public sale on the 26th around 8:30am. My card was charged on 4/4 and I received an email that my order shipped on 4/18. I haven't received the order yet and found some disturbing info this morning. I haven't heard anyone mention anything like this, so I'm hoping I didn't get completely screwed over here. The tracking number I received didn't have any information available when I received it on the 18th, stating it would only be available after the package was delivered.

So, today I checked the status and it says the item was delivered to the wrong state. I have no idea what address it was actually sent to, just the city and state. Nowhere in my order or account is there anything other than my billing/shipping address, so my only hope is that they got the tracking numbers mixed up. How likely does that seem? I just can't imagine why else my order would have been sent to a completely (seemingly) random address unassociated with my account and order.

I've contacted merch about this, and I'll wait until the mail arrives today before panicking.
eyepod
of Arimathea

Post by eyepod »

else said
I've lurked here for a while, but I might as well throw in my two cents. I ordered from the public sale on the 26th around 8:30am. My card was charged on 4/4 and I received an email that my order shipped on 4/18. I haven't received the order yet and found some disturbing info this morning. I haven't heard anyone mention anything like this, so I'm hoping I didn't get completely screwed over here. The tracking number I received didn't have any information available when I received it on the 18th, stating it would only be available after the package was delivered.

So, today I checked the status and it says the item was delivered to the wrong state. I have no idea what address it was actually sent to, just the city and state. Nowhere in my order or account is there anything other than my billing/shipping address, so my only hope is that they got the tracking numbers mixed up. How likely does that seem? I just can't imagine why else my order would have been sent to a completely (seemingly) random address unassociated with my account and order.

I've contacted merch about this, and I'll wait until the mail arrives today before panicking.

Did the tracking say Delivered or shipped?