Album Of The Week - "Speak English Or Die" - Stormtroopers Of Death

ilikecheese
Hey Jude

Post by ilikecheese »

The above post is entertainment. It is most likely not directed at any individual unless specified. Any other interpretation, gleaning, or reckoning, of this post without the express, written, consent of Cheese, is strictly prohibited.
fulcanelli
Bronco's Fan

Post by fulcanelli »

Great album!
ilikecheese
Hey Jude

Post by ilikecheese »

fulcanelli said
Great album!

Well at least someone appreciates 80's Comedic Thrash Punk-Metal.

Guess my selection is just too hard.

The above post is entertainment. It is most likely not directed at any individual unless specified. Any other interpretation, gleaning, or reckoning, of this post without the express, written, consent of Cheese, is strictly prohibited.
Ravenpig
Peen Taster

Post by Ravenpig »

I haven't gotten a chance to hear it yet but I am looking forward to it.
Hey! Denty!
hellboy
Site Admin
Height: 182cm

Post by hellboy »

It would probably surprise no one to hear that I also love this album.  Great choice Cheesy, today you are worthy of your Cheesy Music Fan title.
ilikecheese
Hey Jude

Post by ilikecheese »

hellboy1975 said
It would probably surprise no one to hear that I also love this album.  Great choice Cheesy, today you are worthy of your Cheesy Music Fan title.

\m/
basejumper
Droner

Post by basejumper »

Cheezy bringing the old skool thrash metal.

Not my favorite band from this period and genre but still auieeght.

Professor of Lesbian Science
mi3rdfist
Maynard Believer

Post by mi3rdfist »

Gave us a taste of what was to come with the classic "Bigger Than The Devil", if you can get through "Speak English", you have to check out their second album. Heaps better, more polished, came good with the potential they showed on debut.

Piss funny lyrics, excellent thrash.
Ravenpig
Peen Taster

Post by Ravenpig »

With a couple exceptions I've never been a big fan of this genre, but this wasn't bad.  Got some good riffs and nice overall jamming.  Does have my biggest peeve for this type of music, very "samey" sounding, especially the vocals.

Still, considering my general apatheticness to this genre, it's good.  Doesn't take up too much of your time either.  It's fun but nothing special.  Not really something I'd listen to on a regular basis.

6/10
Hey! Denty!
Kittaan
Peen Taster

Post by Kittaan »

Ravenpig said
With a couple exceptions I've never been a big fan of this genre, but this wasn't bad.  Got some good riffs and nice overall jamming.  Does have my biggest peeve for this type of music, very "samey" sounding, especially the vocals.

Still, considering my general apatheticness to this genre, it's good.  Doesn't take up too much of your time either.  It's fun but nothing special.  Not really something I'd listen to on a regular basis.

6/10

Wow, you saved me from writing my own review RP!  I didn't want to respond until I'd gotten all the way through listening.  It was much better than I assumed it would be (pre judged it all over the place) but you nailed my thoughts on it nicely.

Thanks for the contribution Cheez.
Ki77aan :twisted:
Ravenpig
Peen Taster

Post by Ravenpig »

Glad I could help.

And yea, nice pick Cheese. Despite my not so glowing review I'm glad I heard it. The whole point for me of this AOTW is to hear something I normally wouldn't, which this definitely fits into. (Heh)
Hey! Denty!
markuspoop
Oddfellow

Post by markuspoop »

Meant to post on here a while ago after listening to it but forgot.  When it was done I remember thinking, "That's it?"  I dunno if it was because I expected it to be longer or whatever but I felt kinda let down.  Overall, it was okay.
I like to poop naked.