Music in all its forms and styles
UndKeineZwEier
has a small dick

Post by UndKeineZwEier »

Don't mow your lawn
Ravenpig
Peen Taster

Post by Ravenpig »

Heh. The first post in the Rush thread is an Anthrax clip.
Hey! Denty!
ilikecheese
Hey Jude

Post by ilikecheese »

I was thinking the old thread could be rescued but guess not now.

Goodbye cruel thread world!

And it was nice to see Clockwork Angels finish top 10 in the 2012 album year in review annual thread thingamabob doohickey.

Here's a classic for now.

The above post is entertainment. It is most likely not directed at any individual unless specified. Any other interpretation, gleaning, or reckoning, of this post without the express, written, consent of Cheese, is strictly prohibited.
James
Fanboi

Post by James »

My Dad and I went and saw them at the Houston show, last NA Clockwork Angels tour date--if I weren't a huge Tool fan (*cough* apologist *cough*) I would put that show as my top ever. Suite seats with my best friend and my guitar teacher, and those guys kicked all of our asses in regards to not only playing but also energy the entire show! I really hope I'll get the opportunity to see them again when I get older, they were fantastic.

Still debating buying a copy of Clockwork Angels on vinyl, does anyone have it? Thoughts?

UndKeineZwEier
has a small dick

Post by UndKeineZwEier »

James said
My Dad and I went and saw them at the Houston show, last NA Clockwork Angels tour date--if I weren't a huge Tool fan (*cough* apologist *cough*) I would put that show as my top ever. Suite seats with my best friend and my guitar teacher, and those guys kicked all of our asses in regards to not only playing but also energy the entire show! I really hope I'll get the opportunity to see them again when I get older, they were fantastic.

Still debating buying a copy of Clockwork Angels on vinyl, does anyone have it? Thoughts?

Just do it.  I mean what's there to lose?  If it sucks, frame it and hang it on your wall.
Don't mow your lawn
Calfium Jay
Geacon

Post by Calfium Jay »

Nobody likes Rush.

Even Rush don't like Rush.

ilikecheese
Hey Jude

Post by ilikecheese »

Calfium Jay said
Nobody likes Rush.

Even Rush don't like Rush.

That's why they rule.

TooL flys coach.

The above post is entertainment. It is most likely not directed at any individual unless specified. Any other interpretation, gleaning, or reckoning, of this post without the express, written, consent of Cheese, is strictly prohibited.
UndKeineZwEier
has a small dick

Post by UndKeineZwEier »

Don't mow your lawn
UndKeineZwEier
has a small dick

Post by UndKeineZwEier »

For all you nerds out there:

Geddy Lee discusses baseball or some shit.  I didn't watch it.
Don't mow your lawn
UndKeineZwEier
has a small dick

Post by UndKeineZwEier »

Ravenpig said

You a Rush fan, Piggly-wiggly?

Don't mow your lawn
eyepod
of Arimathea

Post by eyepod »

@james-
I have it on vinyl.Buy it.Great music,Great steampunk artwork,180 gram vinyl,a quality piece,and mine came with a PIN for a dgital download as well.
Rush were Gods to me in the mid/late 80s. Lost faith after signals,and clockwork Angels restored that faith.Now I will go back and see what gems I missed out on.
Ravenpig
Peen Taster

Post by Ravenpig »

UndKeineEier said

Ravenpig said

I like em.  Favorite song of theirs is By-Tor and the Snow Dog.  Casual fan at most, I'd say.
Hey! Denty!
N.Y.H.C.
Serial Thrilla

Post by N.Y.H.C. »

Ravenpig said

UndKeineEier said

Ravenpig said

I like em.  Favorite song of theirs is By-Tor and the Snow Dog.  Casual fan at most, I'd say.

I don't think a casual fan's favorite song would be By-Tor. don't sell yourself short!

Asteroids do not concern me, Admiral. I want that ship, not excuses.
N.Y.H.C.
Serial Thrilla

Post by N.Y.H.C. »

this song sounds like it came out in 1973. brilliant job on the new(est) album.

Asteroids do not concern me, Admiral. I want that ship, not excuses.
Ravenpig
Peen Taster

Post by Ravenpig »

NYHC81 said

Ravenpig said

UndKeineEier said

Ravenpig said

I don't think a casual fan's favorite song would be By-Tor. don't sell yourself short!

I guess casual is the wrong word.  I like Rush.  Good, solid band but wouldn't make my top 20.
Hey! Denty!
UndKeineZwEier
has a small dick

Post by UndKeineZwEier »

A very good article from Cleveland's The Plain Dealer about Rush's induction in the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame.
Don't mow your lawn
bob
Toast

Post by bob »

RUSH was the first band i ever saw in concert. they were really my first favourite band ever. i saw them on the "hold your fire" tour in 1988. i was in grade 6 !!!! pretty cool id say! then i didnt see them till the snakes and arrows tour and im glad i did! they sound amazing live and have a great stage show these days! 

maybe i will get to see them this summer. i would go again for sure. 
ilikecheese
Hey Jude

Post by ilikecheese »

"With the Canadian trio's 2013 induction into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame, Geddy Lee and Alex Lifeson hope that Yes and King Crimson won't be far behind."

-the tag line for a recent article.  
Bogart
Geacon

Post by Bogart »

Never could get into Rush that much. Maybe I should try some songs that aren't radio singles...
Kittaan
Peen Taster

Post by Kittaan »

Bogart said
Never could get into Rush that much. Maybe I should try some songs that aren't radio singles...

Yeah, like Tom Sawyer, one of their more obscure pieces.  I keed, I keed.

But seriously... I think you should head straight to Hemispheres.  If that doesn't snag you, you just won't get Rush in my opinion.

Ki77aan :twisted:
eyepod
of Arimathea

Post by eyepod »

Also try Farewell to Kngs.Great music,pretty light on radio singles.
ilikecheese
Hey Jude

Post by ilikecheese »

"Invisible to telescopic eye.

Infinity, the star that would not die."
ilikecheese
Hey Jude

Post by ilikecheese »

UndKeineZwEier
has a small dick

Re: Rush

Post by UndKeineZwEier »

Just found about this:

Vapor Trails (Remixed)

Releases October 1.

This remixed version of VAPOR TRAILS will also be included in the new 7-disc boxed set THE STUDIO ALBUMS 1989-2007, which features every studio album Rush recorded for Atlantic Records. The collection includes the Gold & Platinum albums Presto (1989), Roll The Bones (1991), Counterparts (1993), and Test For Echo (1996), as well as their covers EP Feedback (2004) and the Billboard Top 5 album Snakes & Arrows (2007). THE STUDIO ALBUMS 1989-2007 features each album presented in a wallet sleeve that faithfully reproduces the original artwork (except for VAPOR TRAILS, which features a reinterpreted version of the original cover) and is available on October 1st from Atlantic/Rhino.
Don't mow your lawn
Kittaan
Peen Taster

Re: Rush

Post by Kittaan »

If an album ever needed a remix, it's Vapor Trails. That mix sucked. Good thing the tunes were good. Can't wait to hear that. Not laying down any dirty dollars for the box though. Fuck that.
Ki77aan :twisted: