Tool postpone Adelaide show

Gwarden
Fanboi

Post by Gwarden »

Last nite only 1st gear outta 5. 2day we're runnin about 4th. Fuck it. Lets do this. If ya can't find em, grind em...

hellboy
Site Admin
Height: 182cm

Post by hellboy »

4th gear is better than nothing!
mi3rdfist
Maynard Believer

Post by mi3rdfist »

Party on!!
mi3rdfist
Maynard Believer

Post by mi3rdfist »

In
mi3rdfist
Maynard Believer

Post by mi3rdfist »

Goodies consumed. If your game come say high. Standing in front of mix desk. long hair and kyuss shirt. avatar is actual photo of self.
mi3rdfist
Maynard Believer

Post by mi3rdfist »

Dj setting the mood
N.Y.H.C.
Serial Thrilla

Post by N.Y.H.C. »

Tyson said

Update

I stand corrected. now THAT is a bad trip.

Asteroids do not concern me, Admiral. I want that ship, not excuses.
mi3rdfist
Maynard Believer

Post by mi3rdfist »

Smoke filling the air
Zwerewolf
Has been

Post by Zwerewolf »

Hellboy!
Is Blair staying out of your jurisdiction or something? He hasn't posted shit about this at all... Mad props to you? You do a much better job at informing that he does anyways...
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

Zwerewolf said
Hellboy!
Is Blair staying out of your jurisdiction or something? He hasn't posted shit about this at all... Mad props to you? You do a much better job at informing than he does anyways...

I suspect the "problem" is mostly due to them having a different tour manager this tour, and it appears that Blair doesn't really know him at all.
dickleiper
of Arimathea

Post by dickleiper »

Hellboy- any chance of a spolier free review of last nights show?
Zwerewolf
Has been

Post by Zwerewolf »

Interesting... @ Hellboy1975
Hm...
So how was the show?
demorgan
Bronco's Fan

Post by demorgan »

I guess candyland is back and operating at full capacity. Full scholarships are going out for all the top "cunties".
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

dickleiper said

Yes, show was excellent - not the best I've seen them, but not the worst either.  Probably an 8 or 9 out of 10.  Maynard is still visibly quite sick, but despite that put on a pretty good show, and seemed pretty into it.  Hopefully he's better by the time he reaches NZ, but to be honest I didn't find it detracted from the show much.

Danny, Adam and Justin are in excellent form.  There are a few surprises in the show, and while it's still your typical Tool show, there are quite a few little things added that I haven't seen on previous tours.  The light show and production is the best I've seen at a Tool show.  To be honest I don't see that anyone but the most pedantic of Tool fans could be significantly disappointed.
dickleiper
of Arimathea

Post by dickleiper »

Excellent thanks HB

thats pretty much the report i got from mate who went to the Melbourne shows too, particulally regarding the production.

Edging closer to Auckland....
ilikecheese
Hey Jude

Post by ilikecheese »

hellboy1975 said

dickleiper said

Yes, show was excellent - not the best I've seen them, but not the worst either.  Probably an 8 or 9 out of 10.  Maynard is still visibly quite sick, but despite that put on a pretty good show, and seemed pretty into it.  Hopefully he's better by the time he reaches NZ, but to be honest I didn't find it detracted from the show much.

Danny, Adam and Justin are in excellent form.  There are a few surprises in the show, and while it's still your typical Tool show, there are quite a few little things added that I haven't seen on previous tours.  The light show and production is the best I've seen at a Tool show.  To be honest I don't see that anyone but the most pedantic of Tool fans could be significantly disappointed.

I bet they're shallow, as well.  Shallow, pedantic.  Like bad meatloaf (food, not the former 'artist' turned powder-keg reality star, obviously saddened at his failure as a thespian).
The above post is entertainment. It is most likely not directed at any individual unless specified. Any other interpretation, gleaning, or reckoning, of this post without the express, written, consent of Cheese, is strictly prohibited.
lucidcandle
Bronco's Fan

Post by lucidcandle »

is there a board here where people are giving reviews of/discussing shows
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

carbz77
Maynard Believer

Post by carbz77 »

Heard a rumour that Maynard had to many Grange penfolds and couldn't perform. Also the reason he had a cock on his arm was because in Adelaide they have an advertising campaign that basically says "if you drink to much you are a cock" and this is the reason Maynard performed with a cock on his arm, sort of a piss take. My theory but could be wrong. Either way I flew from Perth, stayed, rocked out, best show ever. Hope you can confirm this Maynard ha ha 
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

carbz77 said
Heard a rumour that Maynard had to many Grange penfolds and couldn't perform. Also the reason he had a cock on his arm was because in Adelaide they have an advertising campaign that basically says "if you drink to much you are a cock" and this is the reason Maynard performed with a cock on his arm, sort of a piss take. My theory but could be wrong. Either way I flew from Perth, stayed, rocked out, best show ever. Hope you can confirm this Maynard ha ha 

Well I can't see anyone ever admitting this.  He sure sounded sick on the night, so I doubt have a huge doubt in my mind that the postponement was genuine.
Ravenpig
Peen Taster

Post by Ravenpig »

He started posting pictures of that rooster before the whole postponement fiasco.

And if the timeline of his pictures is correct, he didn't buy that wine til after the postponement fiasco.

I'm only going off of what I can actually prove here, I'm well aware that he could've waited a couple days before he posted the pics of that wine.
Hey! Denty!
Brendan
Bronco's Fan

Post by Brendan »

I believe he was sick in Melbourne, but it wouldn't surprise me if he made himself worse in Adelaide. Perhaps Melbourne was self-inflicted too?

New Grange vintage was released on Thursday. No doubt Maynard got to taste it (or a bottle or two) beforehand. He is good friends with Peter Gago.

The Advertiser said he cancelled the concert due to the Grange release, but I'd take anything they say with a grain of salt.
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

Brendan said
I believe he was sick in Melbourne, but it wouldn't surprise me if he made himself worse in Adelaide. Perhaps Melbourne was self-inflicted too?

New Grange vintage was released on Thursday. No doubt Maynard got to taste it (or a bottle or two) beforehand. He is good friends with Peter Gago.

The Advertiser said he cancelled the concert due to the Grange release, but I'd take anything they say with a grain of salt.

The Grange release was Thursday morning, and Maynard was there.  I suspect he would have been there regardless of whether they played Tuesday or Wednesday night.  It's not like they had a commitment keeping him from attending, as the next show was a day later.

I've said before, he definitely sounded sick when he spoke between songs in Adelaide.  We can all debate the conspiracy theory that he was drunk (with no possible way to validate it), but there is no doubting he was sick, at least when I saw them in Adelaide on Wednesday night.
Gwarden
Fanboi

Post by Gwarden »

I was watching the Sydney 2011 show and he seemed pretty drunk and he was basically flawless. So I don't think alcohol had anything to do with it.
Brendan
Bronco's Fan

Post by Brendan »

hellboy1975 said

Brendan said

The Grange release was Thursday morning, and Maynard was there.  I suspect he would have been there regardless of whether they played Tuesday or Wednesday night.  It's not like they had a commitment keeping him from attending, as the next show was a day later.

I've said before, he definitely sounded sick when he spoke between songs in Adelaide.  We can all debate the conspiracy theory that he was drunk (with no possible way to validate it), but there is no doubting he was sick, at least when I saw them in Adelaide on Wednesday night.

I know he attended the Thursday tasting, but I was speculating that maybe there was a VIP tasting earlier in the week.

It's pretty defamatory of The Advertiser to say that was his reason for cancelling otherwise.

It's not on their website anymore. But I distinctly remember it on their front page. It was the link text to the main article. Something like "Rock star cancels concert to drink Grange".

To say that he cancelled to attend on Thursday wouldn't make any sense.