Sports Thread

Everyone loves sport. If you don't you're a loser!
ilikecheese
Hey Jude

Post by ilikecheese »

markuspoop said
It'll be even better when I learn as much as Cheese when it comes to hockey and, come to think about it, everything in life.  Plus, he's so handsome and his Detroit Red Wings will surely kill my Crapitals should they ever meet again in the Finals.  You remember when the Wings swept the Crapitals?  We got smoked like a Cuban.

W I N G S A R E B E T T E R T H A N T H E C RA P I T A L S.

Fixed v. 6.9
The above post is entertainment. It is most likely not directed at any individual unless specified. Any other interpretation, gleaning, or reckoning, of this post without the express, written, consent of Cheese, is strictly prohibited.
Kittaan
Peen Taster

Post by Kittaan »

@ NYHC81 - Yes, he can.  

Less than 6 min to go and we're holding onto the lead... but Denver is chipping away.  Damn.  I want this over tonight!
Ki77aan :twisted:
ilikecheese
Hey Jude

Post by ilikecheese »

Kittaan said
@ NYHC81 - Yes, he can.  

Less than 6 min to go and we're holding onto the lead... but Denver is chipping away.  Damn.  I want this over tonight!

your 'duhs' pulled it out eh?

carry on wayward franchise

as long as brooklyn doesn't win.

fuck that team and what they did to those people

fuck them in the ass with a telephone pole

and i'll start with jay-fucking-z

bend over you spineless cum-catch

i don't care if you are selling your stake in the team

bend over you piece of fuck

The above post is entertainment. It is most likely not directed at any individual unless specified. Any other interpretation, gleaning, or reckoning, of this post without the express, written, consent of Cheese, is strictly prohibited.
Kittaan
Peen Taster

Post by Kittaan »

Yes, they pulled out an ugly, ugly, UGLY win, but it was a win.  The Warriors made pretty much every single rookie mistake possible at the end of the 4th and tried to give the game to Denver... but they had their own challenges.  And as Bobage pointed out, the officiating was pure shit.  Now, it went in my favor, and I can still recognize that....

San Antonio will pick us apart in short order, but I'm happy to be in the 2nd round.
markuspoop
Oddfellow

Post by markuspoop »

badkittygothgirl said

I love watching the Atlanta Thrashers in the playoffs.  As a season ticket holder for the Atlanta Thrashers I make sure to go to all 41 home games a year, plus any/all playoff games.  The Atlanta Thrashers have got a ton of talented players, a top notch goalie and one heck of a head coach.  This season for the playoffs the Atlanta Thrashers home stadium has been rocking as all the Atlanta Thrasher fans have come out to really root on the Atlanta Thrashers as they try to win Lord Stanley's Cup.

Fixed

I like to poop naked.
markuspoop
Oddfellow

Post by markuspoop »

Caps open up with a nice 3-1 win against the Rangers, got to see the O's beat up on the Angels live and in person and am now rooting for the Red Wings to kick the shit out of the Ducks.  All in all, pretty good day of sports.
I like to poop naked.
ilikecheese
Hey Jude

Post by ilikecheese »

markuspoop said
Caps open up with a nice 3-1 win against the Rangers, got to see the O's beat up on the Angels live and in person and am now rooting for the Red Wings to kick the shit out of the Ducks.  All in all, pretty good day of sports.

Man, I was so fucking tired last night I couldn't keep my eyes open past the 2nd period.  I thought we were on our way to a win but last night, apparently, Anaheim showed why it's not over until it is over. 

Went to bed it was 3-1 Detroit

Wake up this morning, Detroit 5-4 winner's in OT.

Holy Fucking Shit, eh?

Of course, checked the highlights and saw what I missed.

Whew!

Onto HockeyTown baby...

Too bad we lost Danny Dekeyser (Danny DeCarey as I've dubbed him, as he looks like a young DC, plus he has the same demeanor as DC when being interviewed...you should check out this kid;  he's gonna be around Detroit a LONG time) to a broken thumb last night.  Who would have thought Detroit would lose a key defenseman in the playoffs AND have depth to back it up as we'll look to veteran Ian White, Carlo Colaiacovo, or rookie Brian Lashoff, who saw a lot of TOI during the season, to fill the void?

Looking good Wings.

ilikecheese
Hey Jude

Post by ilikecheese »

*and, by the way, Montreal/Ottawa has the makings, as does Detroit/Anaheim, of being an EPIC series.*

Kittaan
Peen Taster

Post by Kittaan »

ilc said
*and, by the way, Montreal/Ottawa has the makings, as does Detroit/Anaheim, of being an EPIC series.*

There are no Basketball teams in three quarters of those cities... therefore your argument is invalid!!

ilikecheese
Hey Jude

Post by ilikecheese »

Kittaan said

ilc said

There are no Basketball teams in three quarters of those cities... therefore your argument is invalid!!

http://jazzbasketballfr.pointstreaksite ... YRIVkioJO0

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/ottawa/st ... hawks.html

and Assaheimlick will soon have another basketball team, as they have in the past.

Now you were saying.....
N.Y.H.C.
Serial Thrilla

Post by N.Y.H.C. »

Asteroids do not concern me, Admiral. I want that ship, not excuses.
nudges710
My pain is just an excuse

Post by nudges710 »

whos betting on the ponies today? muddy track could be good for some longshots!
N.Y.H.C.
Serial Thrilla

Post by N.Y.H.C. »

nudges710 said
whos betting on the ponies today? muddy track could be good for some longshots!

50-1 long shot just placed. I think he paid $35 haha. you were right.

ilikecheese
Hey Jude

Post by ilikecheese »

markuspoop
Oddfellow

Post by markuspoop »

O's win again, tied for the 3rd most wins in the league, guarantee themselves a winning 11-game road trip.

Caps up 2-0 on douche-face John Tortorella and the Rangers.

Of course the Red Wings had to ruin it all by getting smoked at home.  Still rooting for your Wings to shit all over the Ducks though Cheese.  All thanks to a douche-Ducks fans on Thursday night too.
I like to poop naked.
ilikecheese
Hey Jude

Post by ilikecheese »

^That Caps/Rangers game was a nail-biter though dude.

Detroit/Anaheim?

Not so much.

It's not over.  

We win tomorrow, it's best out of three

and we know we can win there.

Most difficult trophy to win in the history of sport.

I would say slaves had it worse in the Colosseum

but I doubt they received anything but death

no matter the results.

Aw, man...now I'm all contemplative and shit...
ilikecheese
Hey Jude

Post by ilikecheese »

cheeselikesme! said
^That Caps/Rangers game was a nail-biter though dude.

Detroit/Anaheim?

Not so much.

It's not over.  

We win tomorrow, it's best out of three

and we know we can win there.

Most difficult trophy to win in the history of sport.

I would say slaves had it worse in the Colosseum

but I doubt they received anything but death

no matter the results.

Aw, man...now I'm all contemplative and shit...

And now I'm not

Wings Win

Kittaan
Peen Taster

Post by Kittaan »

Insane Game 1 in W's / Spurs series Double OT, down to the last second.  Can't believe we choked with an 18 point lead.  I'm gutted.  It would have meant so much to steal this one on the road.  We haven't won a game in SA since fucking 1997.  29 consecutive losses there.

Depressed.
Ravenpig
Peen Taster

Post by Ravenpig »

That was madness.

Spurs in 6.
Hey! Denty!
Kittaan
Peen Taster

Post by Kittaan »

Ravenpig said
That was madness.

Spurs in 6.

Probably accurate.  I just hope it's not a sweep.  As young and dumb as we are, I could see it happening.  However, that's what I said about the Denver series and we pulled that off.  We'll see.

I know you're a Texan, but not in SA, are you?
Ravenpig
Peen Taster

Post by Ravenpig »

I live in SA but I am not from here.

When it comes to the NBA I'm more of a Texas teams fan. The flip side of that is that I'm not a big fan of any of them, though Duncan is my second favorite NBA player ever.

NFL and MLB are different though, Rangers and Texans all day every day.
Hey! Denty!
N.Y.H.C.
Serial Thrilla

Post by N.Y.H.C. »

Rangers can definitely win back to back at MSG. in other news, am I seeing this right? did Miami lose to Chicago last night? that's Chicago without Deng, Henrich and Rose? really? haha
ilikecheese
Hey Jude

Post by ilikecheese »

N.Y.H.C.
Serial Thrilla

Post by N.Y.H.C. »

Kittaan
Peen Taster

Post by Kittaan »

Fuck yeah!  Finally got a win in San Antonio tonight (30 consecutive losses there).  Now it's back home for 2 games that should be very winnable.  Go GSW!

http://www.nba.com/video/channels/playo ... -recap.nba