Tool on JJJ

The Main Event
gamebounty
RIP

Post by gamebounty »

toolphishdhs said
NO ONE would rather hear wings/10k over DRT that is just dumb.

or right in two over pushit.     

maybe a total noob would. i guess. this place surprises me at least once everytime i get on here. 

Get off your high horse.
"The whole world seems to have gone full gay retard" -petemasterpete
hellboy
Site Admin
Height: 182cm

Post by hellboy »

toolphishdhs is always right guys.  You should be listening to him, because your opinions are invalid.
UndKeineZwEier
has a small dick

Post by UndKeineZwEier »

hellboy1975 said
toolphishdhs is always right guys.  You should be listening to him, because your opinions are invalid.

This is why we need a Like Post option.
Don't mow your lawn
gamebounty
RIP

Post by gamebounty »

hellboy1975 said

I know right? Why would anyone ever like wings over d/r/t, even though Wings is their most complex achievement to date? People who like wings are noobs.

not tyson
Grammy Winner
Height: 186cm

Post by not tyson »

Right in two is one of my favourite tool songs
Saje
Maynard Believer

Post by Saje »

toolphishdhs said

Saje said

NickTheGC said

toolphishdhs said

Saje said

bob said

ya, their will be a new album but good point on saying if it will be any good. 10 thousand days wasnt that great for them. to me their masterpiece is Lateralus and Aenima a close 2nd. Undertow is awesome too. basically its the first three album rule. someone i know mentioned that to me once and its true a lot. think of bands you like. their first 3 albums are usually the best.

Taste & opinion are always going to be subjective but to say 10000 Days wasn't great for them is just ludicrous?
No qualms on Lateralus being a masterpiece but 10K Days is a ridiculously deep album, Undertow was a good album for it's day but it really only shows the formation of what was about to come from them...
Hey it's only my opinion but is 10000 Days really that maligned by folk on here?

not maligned but also not in the same league as Lateralus or Aenima. it has some really good music on it but it also lacks flow in places and is lyrically not there on a lot of the album.   It is for sure better than a lot of bands best output but Lateralus is a tough act to follow being that it is their crowning achievement and is perfect.   i still really like 10k days, btw. even more than undertow and opiate actually (which im probably in the minority at least with undertow)

"Repugnant is a creature who would squander the ability to lift an eye to heaven conscious of his fleeting time here."

Still lyrically weak?

Spot on & again without making this a discussion about personal taste, I think 10K Days gets a bad wrap sometimes... Lateralus is so perfect in every way that it was always going to be a hard task to live up to & while I initially felt similarly about "Days"in that it is half an album with some filler that doesn't gel it together, I have long since woken up to the majesty of it..
I always felt that Aenima & Lateralus could have been a double album themed like the Pumpkins "Melancholy" album with the former being the angry darker side of life but with the latter offering some hope & light to Aenima's bleakness..
10000 Days continues the potential for human evolution but with more direct suggestions for the sheep among us as to where to possibly look for it...
Opening with Vicarious is an obvious enough call to arms & for us all to wake up from judgement, ego & the curse of the single most devastating drug on the planet (TV) before Jambi does exactly the same but by looking inwards at ones psyche..
Wings Pts 1 & 2 is easily up with anything from Lateralus & I'm thinking the Reflection Trilogy particularly here, but again putting it out to us to look inwards not to others for our divine answers... " Ignorant siblings in the congregation gather around spewing sympathy, spare me. None of them can even hold a candle up to you. Blinded by choice, these hypocrites won't see.
But, enough about the collective Judas. Who could deny you were the one who illuminated your little piece of the divine?"

This shit is deep & it's only 3 songs in???
The "fillers: of Lipan Conjuring & Lost Keys set the mood for it's own behemoth of a trilogy in Rosetta Stoned/Intension/Right In Two which again are right up with the best songs of their career but the fillers I mention pay homage to the Ayahuasca/DMT spiritual experience that is so over this album..
While Rosetta mocks the wastoid druggy mentality & potential dangers of uneducated drug use (I wont even begin to try & explain the possible correlations between the real Rosetta Stone & the messages that get missed by the close minded,) Intension & Right In Two can take you away to that DMT universe if you allow it.. At the very least they are beautiful songs that can sweep even my god fearing mother off her feet!
So without rambling further than I am prone to do, I rate "Days" right up with their best when really digested & perhaps even over analyzed..
Especially then when you see a live set interjected with all albums & (again, only personal opinion) it is the tracks from Opiate & Undertow that don't sit alongside the last 3...
Dare I say any set list from Aenima/Lateralus/10K Days would in itself make a seamlessly flowing album in it's own right?

you are way over thinking this one.  again, i am in no way saying this album is bad. i love the album. it does not compare to Lateralus of Aenima, though. all the metaphysical theories you just listed will never change how brash and out of place lipan conjuring SOUNDS when it comes on. Tool is not a book, they are a band that makes music. some of it is better than others. Lateralus and Aenima are better than all of the others.  how about this.

one show: choose one

D/R/T/ or Wings/10K days

HWAP or Jambi

Pushit or Right in Two

Third eye or Rosetta stoned

Grudge(Aenema would work here) or The Pot

Mantra or Lipan Conjuring

patient or intension

Then it is about personal taste because while we both agree that Days is a ripper, just not as good as Lateralus or Aenima you want to dismiss anothers opinion because it doesn't agree with your own??
Lipan Conjuring may be brash & (apparently) out of place.. same could be said for Intermission or Die Eier Von Satan, or any of the closing tracks from all 4 LP's (exception being 3rd eye) though again that is your opinion but it doesn't necessarily make it right, I'll take Lipan Conjuring over Intermission any day of the week, it's a segue way into the second half of the album & I dig what they're doing because I understand where they were coming from..

Way over thinking about these tracks? That is exactly what they are meant to do, make you think... they may only be a band making music but how is that less important than the art of an author? Their not writing disposable pop, it is intelligent music for people to get whatever they can out of it.. And as far as choosing a set, that is just ridiculous...I'll continue to happily take whatever they choose to present each night I am blessed to see such an incredible live show because It all makes sense as a body of work & while I really dug seeing Opiate played on Sunday night, I'd have been just as stoked with Sydney's set list that contained nothing from Opiate or Undertow... It would all still work alongside each other..
Go listen to Lateralus & spiral out dude, then keep going...

phox_
Has been

Post by phox_ »

Saje said

toolphishdhs said

Saje said

NickTheGC said

toolphishdhs said

Saje said

bob said

ya, their will be a new album but good point on saying if it will be any good. 10 thousand days wasnt that great for them. to me their masterpiece is Lateralus and Aenima a close 2nd. Undertow is awesome too. basically its the first three album rule. someone i know mentioned that to me once and its true a lot. think of bands you like. their first 3 albums are usually the best.

Taste & opinion are always going to be subjective but to say 10000 Days wasn't great for them is just ludicrous?
No qualms on Lateralus being a masterpiece but 10K Days is a ridiculously deep album, Undertow was a good album for it's day but it really only shows the formation of what was about to come from them...
Hey it's only my opinion but is 10000 Days really that maligned by folk on here?

not maligned but also not in the same league as Lateralus or Aenima. it has some really good music on it but it also lacks flow in places and is lyrically not there on a lot of the album.   It is for sure better than a lot of bands best output but Lateralus is a tough act to follow being that it is their crowning achievement and is perfect.   i still really like 10k days, btw. even more than undertow and opiate actually (which im probably in the minority at least with undertow)

"Repugnant is a creature who would squander the ability to lift an eye to heaven conscious of his fleeting time here."

Still lyrically weak?

Spot on & again without making this a discussion about personal taste, I think 10K Days gets a bad wrap sometimes... Lateralus is so perfect in every way that it was always going to be a hard task to live up to & while I initially felt similarly about "Days"in that it is half an album with some filler that doesn't gel it together, I have long since woken up to the majesty of it..
I always felt that Aenima & Lateralus could have been a double album themed like the Pumpkins "Melancholy" album with the former being the angry darker side of life but with the latter offering some hope & light to Aenima's bleakness..
10000 Days continues the potential for human evolution but with more direct suggestions for the sheep among us as to where to possibly look for it...
Opening with Vicarious is an obvious enough call to arms & for us all to wake up from judgement, ego & the curse of the single most devastating drug on the planet (TV) before Jambi does exactly the same but by looking inwards at ones psyche..
Wings Pts 1 & 2 is easily up with anything from Lateralus & I'm thinking the Reflection Trilogy particularly here, but again putting it out to us to look inwards not to others for our divine answers... " Ignorant siblings in the congregation gather around spewing sympathy, spare me. None of them can even hold a candle up to you. Blinded by choice, these hypocrites won't see.
But, enough about the collective Judas. Who could deny you were the one who illuminated your little piece of the divine?"

The "fillers: of Lipan Conjuring & Lost Keys set the mood for it's own behemoth of a trilogy in Rosetta Stoned/Intension/Right In Two which again are right up with the best songs of their career but the fillers I mention pay homage to the Ayahuasca/DMT spiritual experience that is so over this album..
While Rosetta mocks the wastoid druggy mentality & potential dangers of uneducated drug use (I wont even begin to try & explain the possible correlations between the real Rosetta Stone & the messages that get missed by the close minded,) Intension & Right In Two can take you away to that DMT universe if you allow it.. At the very least they are beautiful songs that can sweep even my god fearing mother off her feet!
So without rambling further than I am prone to do, I rate "Days" right up with their best when really digested & perhaps even over analyzed..
Especially then when you see a live set interjected with all albums & (again, only personal opinion) it is the tracks from Opiate & Undertow that don't sit alongside the last 3...
Dare I say any set list from Aenima/Lateralus/10K Days would in itself make a seamlessly flowing album in it's own right?

you are way over thinking this one.  again, i am in no way saying this album is bad. i love the album. it does not compare to Lateralus of Aenima, though. all the metaphysical theories you just listed will never change how brash and out of place lipan conjuring SOUNDS when it comes on. Tool is not a book, they are a band that makes music. some of it is better than others. Lateralus and Aenima are better than all of the others.  how about this.

D/R/T/ or Wings/10K days

HWAP or Jambi

Pushit or Right in Two

patient or intension

Now I know why people keep posting this line as a joke.
Righteousfervor
Bronco's Fan

Post by Righteousfervor »

What's that? couldn't hear you was to busy spiraling out on my spirograph...
Saje
Maynard Believer

Post by Saje »

Classic! 
NickTheGC
of Arimathea

Post by NickTheGC »

Tyson said

Me too. Wings is near perfection, and as opinions DO differ, this "toolphishdhs" guy shouldn't be shutting people down because of it. What a Tool

sacredfire
Bronco's Fan

Post by sacredfire »

Oh look, a thread about Danny and Justin on Triple JJJ.
Saje
Maynard Believer

Post by Saje »

sacredfire said

"Like" ^^

hellboy
Site Admin
Height: 182cm

Post by hellboy »

sacredfire said

JJJ JJJ JJJ?
ilikecheese
Hey Jude

Post by ilikecheese »

va-jjj

The above post is entertainment. It is most likely not directed at any individual unless specified. Any other interpretation, gleaning, or reckoning, of this post without the express, written, consent of Cheese, is strictly prohibited.
sacredfire
Bronco's Fan

Post by sacredfire »

Saje said

sacredfire said

"Like" ^^

There's 5 pages and 3 of them are about which album is best??? That's why I don't like movie/music reviews or food and wine critics, because it's PERSONAL TASTE. Am I a "Tool Noob" if I like Viginti Tres better than Faaip De Oiad? What if I think the crickets at the end of Disgustipated is better then both of them? 

Thanks for the "Like"   
Saje
Maynard Believer

Post by Saje »

sacredfire saidrespondingid

sacredfire said

"Lignorance ke" ^^

shots re's 5 pages and 3 of them are about which album is best??? That's why I don't like movie/music reviews or food and wine criticeverywhere it's PERSONAL TASTE. Am I a "Tool Noob" if I like Viginti Tres better than Faaip De Oiad? What if I think the crickets at the end of Disgustipated is better then both of them? 

Thanks for the "Like"   

Im obviously guilty ofgoing off subject on the personal taste angle after declaring myself not wanting too but ignorance shits me especially from supposed TOOL heads...

You were smack on, but just watch out for the souls of all

those poor carrots, there everywhete

ilikecheese
Hey Jude

Post by ilikecheese »

phox_ said

Saje said

toolphishdhs said

Saje said

NickTheGC said

toolphishdhs said

Saje said

bob said

Still lyrically weak?

D/R/T/ or Wings/10K days

HWAP or Jambi

Pushit or Right in Two

patient or intension

Come again?
The above post is entertainment. It is most likely not directed at any individual unless specified. Any other interpretation, gleaning, or reckoning, of this post without the express, written, consent of Cheese, is strictly prohibited.
Ravenpig
Peen Taster

Post by Ravenpig »

Lots of unnecessary quoting going on over there.
Hey! Denty!
UndKeineZwEier
has a small dick

Post by UndKeineZwEier »

cheeselikesme! said

phox_ said

Saje said

toolphishdhs said

Saje said

NickTheGC said

toolphishdhs said

Saje said

bob said

Still lyrically weak?

D/R/T/ or Wings/10K days

HWAP or Jambi

Pushit or Right in Two

patient or intension

Come again?

Saje said

sacredfire saidrespondingid

sacredfire said

"Lignorance ke" ^^

shots re's 5 pages and 3 of them are about which album is best??? That's why I don't like movie/music reviews or food and wine criticeverywhere it's PERSONAL TASTE. Am I a "Tool Noob" if I like Viginti Tres better than Faaip De Oiad? What if I think the crickets at the end of Disgustipated is better then both of them? 

Thanks for the "Like"

Im obviously guilty ofgoing off subject on the personal taste angle after declaring myself not wanting too but ignorance shits me especially from supposed TOOL heads...

You were smack on, but just watch out for the souls of all

those poor carrots, there everywhete

sacredfire said

Saje said

sacredfire said

"Like" ^^

There's 5 pages and 3 of them are about which album is best??? That's why I don't like movie/music reviews or food and wine critics, because it's PERSONAL TASTE. Am I a "Tool Noob" if I like Viginti Tres better than Faaip De Oiad? What if I think the crickets at the end of Disgustipated is better then both of them? 

Thanks for the "Like"

cheeselikesme! said
va-jjj

NickTheGC said

Tyson said

Me too. Wings is near perfection, and as opinions DO differ, this "toolphishdhs" guy shouldn't be shutting people down because of it. What a Tool

Saje said
Classic! 

Righteousfervor said
What's that? couldn't hear you was to busy spiraling out on my spirograph...

phox_ said

Saje said

toolphishdhs said

Saje said

NickTheGC said

toolphishdhs said

Saje said

bob said

Still lyrically weak?

D/R/T/ or Wings/10K days

HWAP or Jambi

Pushit or Right in Two

patient or intension

Saje said

toolphishdhs said

Saje said

NickTheGC said

toolphishdhs said

Saje said

bob said

Still lyrically weak?

D/R/T/ or Wings/10K days

HWAP or Jambi

Pushit or Right in Two

patient or intension

Then it is about personal taste because while we both agree that Days is a ripper, just not as good as Lateralus or Aenima you want to dismiss anothers opinion because it doesn't agree with your own??
Lipan Conjuring may be brash & (apparently) out of place.. same could be said for Intermission or Die Eier Von Satan, or any of the closing tracks from all 4 LP's (exception being 3rd eye) though again that is your opinion but it doesn't necessarily make it right, I'll take Lipan Conjuring over Intermission any day of the week, it's a segue way into the second half of the album & I dig what they're doing because I understand where they were coming from..

Way over thinking about these tracks? That is exactly what they are meant to do, make you think... they may only be a band making music but how is that less important than the art of an author? Their not writing disposable pop, it is intelligent music for people to get whatever they can out of it.. And as far as choosing a set, that is just ridiculous...I'll continue to happily take whatever they choose to present each night I am blessed to see such an incredible live show because It all makes sense as a body of work & while I really dug seeing Opiate played on Sunday night, I'd have been just as stoked with Sydney's set list that contained nothing from Opiate or Undertow... It would all still work alongside each other..

Ravenpig said
Lots of unnecessary quoting going on over there.

I don't follow.

Don't mow your lawn
gamebounty
RIP

Post by gamebounty »

^ ROFL! Posts like these make me realize how dumb I am when I get involved in flame wars. People like you guys save this board from the negativity.
sacredfire
Bronco's Fan

Post by sacredfire »

Saje, just jokes, I'm not malicious, respect for others is key 

Tool's message (one of them anyway) has always been "think for yourself" and here we are wishing that everyone thought the same and liked the same things? What a boring place the world would be.

Or was that Timothy Leary's message?
The Boss
LSDeeeeeee
Height: Not A Fucking Manlet

Post by The Boss »

sacredfire said

Tool's message (one of them anyway) has always been "think for yourself" and here we are wishing that everyone thought the same and liked the same things? What a boring place the world would be.

Appropriated from Leary.

Whatever, it's still dumb.

O love will you read the letters I will send to you.
phox_
Has been

Post by phox_ »

For cheese:

I think I was trying to point out that I understand why some of you post "Spiral out dude" as a joke.  It sounds cheesy (see what I did there?) and dumb/fake when people use it in normal conversation.  I hadn't experienced it until this thread.
Ravenpig
Peen Taster

Post by Ravenpig »

Damn it, how did I not use this?

There's a lot of unnecessary quoting going on over there.
Hey! Denty!
sacredfire
Bronco's Fan

Post by sacredfire »

Tony Fuckin Danza said

sacredfire said

Appropriated from Leary.

Whatever, it's still dumb.

Not so dumb as it is obvious, but yeah...Terrence McKenna is more to my liking. Not a fan of Leary's silliness.