Tool - 8th, 9th May 2013 - Vector Arena, Auckland

Hotdog
Fanboi

Post by Hotdog »

If any NZ'ers are grabbing posters, please either contact me or put some up on TradeMe for me. Im in Oz but have a NZ bank acc.
NickTheGC
of Arimathea

Post by NickTheGC »

Hotdog said
If any NZ'ers are grabbing posters, please either contact me or put some up on TradeMe for me. Im in Oz but have a NZ bank acc.

I may be able to help a fellow Tool fan out... Were you wanting signed or non signed posters?

Hotdog
Fanboi

Post by Hotdog »

NickTheGC said

Hotdog said

I may be able to help a fellow Tool fan out... Were you wanting signed or non signed posters?

Unsigned would be good. I have just sent you a PM!
trustinmeandfall
My pain is just an excuse

Post by trustinmeandfall »

Have two seated tickets available for night 1 auckland that I would gladly trade for some enhancement for the show. Came up from Canada for part of this tour and as my boyfriend noted - Canadians do not do well without weed! PM if interested, will be heading up to Auckland tomorrow and staying close to the venue. We have the two extra tickets as we ended up grabbing GA

tickets are lower level, 2nd row, 2nd section from the stage. Would trade for whatever else if tickets not needed

dickleiper
of Arimathea

Post by dickleiper »

these will be my 7th & 8th Tool shows. Doing the VIP experience with GA tickets on Wednesday and Seated forThursday. Been very restrained this tour and do not know what the setlist is or any of the surprises...

anticipation has been building slowly since the tour was announced and i cannot wait for this to get underway at the VIP on Wednesday afternoon.
Righteousfervor
Bronco's Fan

Post by Righteousfervor »

dickleiper said
these will be my 7th & 8th Tool shows. Doing the VIP experience with GA tickets on Wednesday and Seated forThursday. Been very restrained this tour and do not know what the setlist is or any of the surprises...

anticipation has been building slowly since the tour was announced and i cannot wait for this to get underway at the VIP on Wednesday afternoon.

Cool man, what question are you going to ask Adam?

UndKeineZwEier
has a small dick

Post by UndKeineZwEier »

Righteousfervor said

dickleiper said

Hopefully it's "Say baby do you wanna lay down by me?  Say baby do you wanna lay down by my side?"

Don't mow your lawn
not tyson
Grammy Winner
Height: 186cm

Post by not tyson »

Ask if there is any unreleased studio material!
dickleiper
of Arimathea

Post by dickleiper »

Righteousfervor said

dickleiper said

Not sure yet... 

EDIT: Good question Tyson, i might ask that one
Righteousfervor
Bronco's Fan

Oh well, let us know how the VIP experience goes for you, will be at the first Auckland show myself.
Righteousfervor
Bronco's Fan

dickleiper said

Righteousfervor said

dickleiper said

Not sure yet... 

EDIT: Good question Tyson, i might ask that one

Yeah I wonder if he would try and squirm outta that one, the secretive bugger!

jonboy
Maynard Believer

Post by jonboy »

I'm flying up from Wellington tomorrow for the show with my son. He is 9 and it will be his first big concert! What better way to start his love of good music! It was going to be just me and my wife but she is too busy with work to go. None of my friends could get time off or afford the flights, so I thought I would take him instead. We have seated tickets and he can stand on the seat if he cant see.

Second time seeing Tool although it should be my third as I got too drunk on the Lateralus Tour and missed the concert. Finally got to see them at the BDO which was excellent :30,000 people singing along in the rain with those epic lasers was amazing (thanks Junior).
hellboy
Site Admin
Height: 182cm

Post by hellboy »

Hope you and your son enjoy the show jonboy.  Make sure he was appropriate ear protection!

/paternal instinct
Gwarden
Fanboi

Post by Gwarden »

Was having a wee think about expected setlist for these final two shows based on what they played in Oz.

[spoiler]-2x 10 song shows (based on only playing 11 for the first two shows)

-Two openers from a pool of 5 (in order of likelihood): Hooker, Opiate, Sober, Vicarious, Third Eye

-The final 8 the same as all the other shows

-There's a possibility they will repeat the opening pool, but hopefully they play one of each across the two nights!

-a small part of me hopes they'll play something not performed in Oz, but I know its only the faintest of possibilities [/spoiler]

Anyway, pretty buzzed, packing tonight and flying up in the morning!

jonboy
Maynard Believer

Post by jonboy »

hellboy1975 said
Hope you and your son enjoy the show jonboy.  Make sure he was appropriate ear protection!

/paternal instinct

Yep, picking up some ear plugs tomorrow!
Ettan
Fanboi

Post by Ettan »

I sincerely hope that Tool realizes how much they've failed with the security. I sent Junior a message on Toolnavy with a link to the tooldrive, lets pray to god that he shows it to the other guys in tool. I'm 100% sure that someone either records the whole show, or just films snippets of it. Fucking hell, they can't expect people to just stand still for 90minutes and just applause at the end of each show. 

Hope you guys who'll attend will have a blast, I still hope that they'll play something rare.. cmon Tool, don't be such tools!! 
Kittaan
Peen Taster

Post by Kittaan »

G'night, Jonboy.

Ki77aan :twisted:
tOOLNZ
Maynard Believer

Post by tOOLNZ »

So excited now.. Sitting in Sydney airport cutting my work trip short to make sure I make it home in time for tool..

what are people doing before the show? My bro and our mates getting on it straight after work whoop!!

lets hope for a last minute crazy change to the set list like I saw in chch in 2002 or 03 where they opened with flood completely out of the blue..the thing with TOOL u just never know!

and also I will review both NZ shows here
dickleiper
of Arimathea

Post by dickleiper »

jonboy said
I'm flying up from Wellington tomorrow for the show with my son. He is 9 and it will be his first big concert! What better way to start his love of good music! It was going to be just me and my wife but she is too busy with work to go. None of my friends could get time off or afford the flights, so I thought I would take him instead. We have seated tickets and he can stand on the seat if he cant see.

Good luck with your son. My mate was at one of the Melbourne shows in the stands and a guy had bought his 7 year old, even wearing ear plugs, the kid started crying as it was too loud when they started soundchecking danny's drum kit. He removed his kid from the arena and was never seen again...

Poor guy! what a waste....

hellboy
Site Admin
Height: 182cm

Post by hellboy »

dickleiper said 
 Good luck with your son. My mate was at one of the Melbourne shows in the stands and a guy had bought his 7 year old, even wearing ear plugs, the kid started crying as it was too loud when they started soundchecking danny's drum kit. He removed his kid from the arena and was never seen again...

Poor guy!

what a waste....

Taking a 7 year old to a show is a stupid idea.  People need to let kids be kids and not attempt to introduce them to the adult world quite so early.
trugs26
Maynard Believer

Post by trugs26 »

Well I've arrived in Auckland now. I flew up from Wellington. Can't wait to see tomorrow night's show! I'll post my experience here at some point after the show. 
The Boss
LSDeeeeeee
Height: Not A Fucking Manlet

Post by The Boss »

hellboy1975 said

dickleiper said 

Poor guy!

what a waste....

Taking a 7 year old to a show is a stupid idea.  People need to let kids be kids and not attempt to introduce them to the adult world quite so early.

Agreed. That borders on irresponsibility, in my opinion.

But it's not my kid. I don't care what you, as a parent, do with your offspring.

O love will you read the letters I will send to you.
trustinmeandfall
My pain is just an excuse

Post by trustinmeandfall »

jonboy said

Second time seeing Tool although it should be my third as I got too drunk on the Lateralus Tour and missed the concert. Finally got to see them at the BDO which was excellent :30,000 people singing along in the rain with those epic lasers was amazing (thanks Junior).

What an amazing first big concert to see! Hope you guys enjoy the show
tOOLNZ
Maynard Believer

Post by tOOLNZ »

Who cares what you think...this is a concert thread for TOOL in Auckland?

mearle
Maynard Believer

Post by mearle »

wonder if maynard willl make it over to waiheke for some winetasting...