Questions for Adam

The Main Event
The Boss
LSDeeeeeee
Height: Not A Fucking Manlet

Post by The Boss »

joeypants said
Any fans can pay me a mere $100, and I will give you a personal 30 minute consultation on a better, more fulfilling way to spend the other $400 from the unique perspective of a fellow Tool fan. Money back guarantee!

Are you in a band, or something?

I wasn't aware.

O love will you read the letters I will send to you.
joeypants
Goderator

Post by joeypants »

I meant Tool fans. I certainly wouldn't say we have "fans" at this point, haha.

My previous post was strictly from the POV of a Financial Consultant to the specific niche of Tool fans with money to burn.
Kittaan
Peen Taster

Post by Kittaan »

Crow said

I wasn't aware.

Hell yeah, Joey makes some good music too.  There's even a thread for that:

http://www.fourtheye.net/f/music/transmute/

(Also, what's up with the inability to quote some users' posts?  Crow and Nate for 2 examples.  I always have to jury rig a quote for these bastards...)
Ki77aan :twisted:
The Boss
LSDeeeeeee

Post by The Boss »

Kittaan said

Crow said

I wasn't aware.

Hell yeah, Joey makes some good music too.  There's even a thread for that:

http://www.fourtheye.net/f/music/transmute/

(Also, what's up with the inability to quote some users' posts?  Crow and Nate for 2 examples.  I always have to jury rig a quote for these bastards...)

A thread too, huh. Wow, I wish someone had told me.

He's kept that quiet.

joeypants
Goderator

Post by joeypants »

I'm confused, did I reference that somewhere and miss it?
hellboy
Site Admin
Height: 182cm

Post by hellboy »

Tony Fuckin Danza said  
Fair enough. I'm reading into things differently, from a cost perspective. And I've yet to see how there was any real value in it.

Looking forward to our own FE member giving us the low-down.

Personally, I think someone who is willing to pay $500 would:

Love to have a play on Adam's guitar (fuck if I'd know that was an option I would have given it serious consideration).
Be happy to hear a range of answers to question. From what I've read it doesn't sound to me like questions were being avoided.
Be very happy hearing a sound check, especially if they played something like Eulogy and the other members of the band (sans Maynard) interacted with them.
Be quite happy to get a bunch of exclusive merch.

We both agree that the value for money is questionable for us (though if the price of the ticket were included that would have been much more appealing to me).  The rest of the package is quite subjective though, and with you having not attended one, I don't see why I should give you opinion in regards to their merits any time.  Those who have attended the sessions have posted quite positively about it, so I'm much more inclined to take their opinions.

That and the whole "stupidest person on the forum" and "dickhole" comments are really uncalled for.  This is the internet, however I don't believe we need to lower ourselves to the level of petty name calling.
UndKeineZwEier
has a small dick

Post by UndKeineZwEier »

hellboy1975 said

That and the whole "stupidest person on the forum" and "dickhole" comments are really uncalled for.

I had to go back and see who said this. It's one of my go-to joke insults.
Don't mow your lawn
inequitude
Has been

Post by inequitude »

Neat reviews. Receiving direct answers to questions about Lateralus etc are pretty priceless if you've based a decent chunk of your life with it by your side - same goes for holding the Silverburst, chatting away with Adam, pics, handshakes...+ soundcheck + 1st entry into GA... $500 is about right. Take it or leave it, but at least the choice is there, you know? Top marks. Wish they were doing it at Ozzfest.
264zn
Phony

Post by 264zn »

Messaging a mate who's at the Auckland VIP experience and he just sent back:

[spoiler]swamp song![/spoiler]

I know you will love that HB haha wish they did something random like that for Melbourne. I'm guessing if it is at the sound check they will play it...even though they didn't do Eulogy
The Boss
LSDeeeeeee

Post by The Boss »

hellboy1975 said

Tony Fuckin Danza said  
Fair enough. I'm reading into things differently, from a cost perspective. And I've yet to see how there was any real value in it.

Love to have a play on Adam's guitar (fuck if I'd know that was an option I would have given it serious consideration).
Be happy to hear a range of answers to question. From what I've read it doesn't sound to me like questions were being avoided.
Be very happy hearing a sound check, especially if they played something like Eulogy and the other members of the band (sans Maynard) interacted with them.

We both agree that the value for money is questionable for us (though if the price of the ticket were included that would have been much more appealing to me).  The rest of the package is quite subjective though, and with you having not attended one, I don't see why I should give you opinion in regards to their merits any time.  Those who have attended the sessions have posted quite positively about it, so I'm much more inclined to take their opinions.

That and the whole "stupidest person on the forum" and "dickhole" comments are really uncalled for.  This is the internet, however I don't believe we need to lower ourselves to the level of petty name calling.

I've read two reviews of the Q and A's, and while they covered the things you mentioned (though not too sure about the "questions answered" part), I still can't see how that would've been worth $500. Especially since one review mentioned they shared the experience with EIGHTY other people.

I think my opinion is just as valid as yours or anyone elses, regardless of if I went or not - particularly since I prefaced it by saying FROM WHAT I'VE READ. I've never asked anyone to agree with me, and I'm simply stating my points for the pure joy of conversation.

And sorry for hurting your feelings, sweetheart. I'll be sure to avoid damaging your precious sensibilities in the future.

Hotdog
Fanboi

Post by Hotdog »

For fucks sake guys, you get a TOTE! That alone is priceless.

James
Fanboi

Post by James »

You Australians have some heavy change if it's enough to hold those poster corners down.

Getting to play Adam's guitar for a moment would be enough for me, that's fantastic. 
joeypants
Goderator

Post by joeypants »

Man, that poster is so much more awesome than the fish!
trilobite
Rhandy

Post by trilobite »

Looks like a good bit of goodies were included at least!! :p Btw, what's it say on the shirt? Like the graphic on it all, I even if its all nearly identical :p
also, Avatar!
Kittaan
Peen Taster

Post by Kittaan »

trilobite said
Looks like a good bit of goodies were included at least!! :p Btw, what's it say on the shirt? Like the graphic on it all, I even if its all nearly identical :p

Looks like it just lists all the cities on the tour. Melb, Ad, etc.
Ki77aan :twisted:
Hotdog
Fanboi

Post by Hotdog »

trilobite said

The back of the shirt just has the VIP, the tour States and the barcode which has in tiny writing the dates.
Bogart
Geacon

Post by Bogart »

Hopefully they do something like this on their next tour in the US. I would pay the $500 no questions asked. The way I see it, money comes and goes, but I could always remember this experience. Fuck, these guys are living legends. To have a somewhat intimate experience like that w/ one of my favorite bands would be tasty.
not tyson
Grammy Winner
Height: 186cm

Post by not tyson »

Tony Fuckin Danza said

hellboy1975 said

Tony Fuckin Danza said  

I've read two reviews of the Q and A's, and while they covered the things you mentioned (though not too sure about the "questions answered" part), I still can't see how that would've been worth $500. Especially since one review mentioned they shared the experience with EIGHTY other people.

I think my opinion is just as valid as yours or anyone elses, regardless of if I went or not - particularly since I prefaced it by saying FROM WHAT I'VE READ. I've never asked anyone to agree with me, and I'm simply stating my points for the pure joy of conversation.

And sorry for hurting your feelings, sweetheart. I'll be sure to avoid damaging your precious sensibilities in the future.

After going to the concert I feel that the $500 meet and greet (which I didn't attend) was probably worth it. You're meeting someone from your favourite band and now they are taking requests in sound check. If that 80 people figure is true, I'd go as far to say it was priced too low. They probably made the $500 price point to keep the numbers down so it was a special something for the die hard fans. I mean in Australia in this day and age $500.00 isn't really that much money, what would you prefer, meeting Adam or an ipad?

The Boss
LSDeeeeeee

Post by The Boss »

Tyson said

Tony Fuckin Danza said

hellboy1975 said

Tony Fuckin Danza said  

After going to the concert I feel that the $500 meet and greet (which I didn't attend) was probably worth it. You're meeting someone from your favourite band and now they are taking requests in sound check. If that 80 people figure is true, I'd go as far to say it was priced too low. They probably made the $500 price point to keep the numbers down so it was a special something for the die hard fans. I mean in Australia in this day and age $500.00 isn't really that much money, what would you prefer, meeting Adam or an ipad?

Fair enough. Once again, this comes back to perceived value.

For what it's worth, from what I've heard and my own perception of the value, $200-$250 probably would've been fine. More like $200, however.

I'd just like to state that I find the whole "holding Adam's guitar" thing a little worrying. That's in hero-worshiping territory. Ugh.

But, as had been stated numerous times, it's all up to the people who actually went to say if it was worth it.

But $500. Jesus. I'm not completely broke, by any means, and I could've afforded it - but wow. And I would totally prefer a tablet over meeting some dude for twenty minutes.

I'm happy to leave this conversation at that, unless someone brings something new to light. We seem to be going around in circles, and if the subject ever gave us productive conversation, it isn't now.
Ravenpig
Peen Taster

Post by Ravenpig »

An iPad costs $500? Holy shit!

Even I'd take the meet and greet over an iPad.
Hey! Denty!
The Boss
LSDeeeeeee

Post by The Boss »

Ravenpig said

I got my tablet for about AU$420 (not a fucking Apple product). I can see how someone would value meeting their "idol", but I'm happy with something I use every day for at least an hour.

Ravenpig
Peen Taster

Post by Ravenpig »

To be clear I wouldn't buy either, but given a choice I'd take the meet and greet.
Hey! Denty!
Hotdog
Fanboi

Post by Hotdog »

Tony Fuckin Danza said

Ravenpig said

I got my tablet for about AU$420 (not a fucking Apple product). I can see how someone would value meeting their "idol", but I'm happy with something I use every day for at least an hour.

Admit it, you idolize Tool too. if not you wouldn't be here everyday worshiping these forums 

The Boss
LSDeeeeeee

Post by The Boss »

Hotdog said

Tony Fuckin Danza said

Ravenpig said

Admit it, you idolize Tool too. if not you wouldn't be here everyday worshiping these forums 

I think I more idolise the conversation I have with the fans (and also the fact that I have no life and no friends).
petemasterpete
Lunchinator
Height: 7" (limp)

Post by petemasterpete »

Tony Fuckin Danza said

Hotdog said

Tony Fuckin Danza said

Ravenpig said

I think I more idolise the conversation I have with the fans (and also the fact that I have no life and no friends).

mate, I've told you time and again, that for the right price/sexual favours, I could be your best friend...

otherwise, on topic in relation to VIP cost, you have to remember that you're discussing this on a fan board, with fans who were OK with $150 price tag on a 20 year old EP.  I hated that specific aspect of what they do, but still happily shelled out $140 for a ticket to go stand at the barrier for their show but also take exception to $500 to 'meet' Adam... for what it's worth I idolise them for the  time I've enjoyed with their musical offerings, yet give absolutely zero fucks about them on a personal level.  I don't know them and feel no need to.  I mean, I wish them all well from a general human perspective, but quite literally expect nothing else of them and have little to nothing to offer them in return.
well piss on my tits and tell me it's raining