Soundgarden

Music in all its forms and styles
Kittaan
Peen Taster

Post by Kittaan »

I checked and it looks like nobody ever started a Soundgarden thread on the new forum... so here it is.

Just saw the first of two Oakland shows last night @ The Fox.  GA, and wasn't expecting to be able to get there in time to snag a spot up front, but all worked out better than expected and I was front and slightly left of center at the rail.  Right in front of Chris, but with an outstanding view of Matt.  Went with a buddy who got there just in time to weasel his way up to me.  Right after that, we were sardined in for 3 hours.  Amazing show with a killer setlist, but the mix at the rail is usually pretty weird, and last night was no exception - the super heavy songs were muddy as fuck, but I didn't care knowing that I'd get pristine sound tonight.  

Seeing them from the center Mezzanine tonight, not too far back.  Love having two different perspectives of the same show.

Got some decent pix and will post them eventually if anybody asks... otherwise, I probably won't be arsed.

Anybody else see (or will be seeing) this tour?  Speak up... even you lurkers.  

Ki77aan :twisted:
hellboy
Site Admin
Height: 182cm

Post by hellboy »

I'll see them if/when they announce and Aussie tour!
Kittaan
Peen Taster

Post by Kittaan »

Very disappointed with the sound from the Mezzanine at the Fox last night!  It was pure shite.  As I mentioned above, the sound wasn't great the first night, up at the rail, but it was far superior to the second night.  Still dug the show, but wish I was down in the pit again.  Typically, this is not the case, and I really wonder how the fuck they think that sound was acceptable for such a prominent band.  Interested in hearing from others who saw different shows on this tour, whether or not it was an anomaly.
petemasterpete
Lunchinator
Height: 7" (limp)

Post by petemasterpete »

hellboy1975 said
I'll see them if/when they announce and Aussie tour!

me too, provided they don't try and gouge me for tool type dollars and cents
well piss on my tits and tell me it's raining
Kittaan
Peen Taster

Post by Kittaan »

Soundgarden Announce Second Leg of US Tour

Fresh off the first leg of their critically acclaimed sold-out US tour supporting the release of their new record King Animal, Soundgarden have announced a second leg of dates (see below) including festival appearances at Carolina Rebellion and Rock on the Range. Tickets will be available via fan club pre-sale on Tuesday, February 26th. Password: CrookedSteps

Tour Dates:

May 3                  Atlantic City, NJ @ Borgata

May 4                  Washington, DC @ DC101 Chili Cookoff – RFK Stadium

May 5                  Charlotte, NC @ Carolina Rebellion – Rockingham Speedway

May 7                  Atlanta, GA @ Tabernacle

May 8                  Atlanta, GA @ Tabernacle

May 10                Louisville, KY @ Louisville Palace

May 11                 Indianapolis, IN @ WRZK Mayday Event – Klipsch Music Center

May 12                Pittsburgh, PA @ Stage AE Outdoors

May 14                West Long Branch, NJ @ The MAC at Monmouth University

May 15                Worcester, MA @ The Palladium

May 17                Wallingford, CT @ Toyota Presents Oakdale

May 18                Camden, NJ @ MMR-B-Q – Susquehanna Bank Center

May 19                Columbus, OH @ Rock On The Range Festival – Columbus Crew Stadium

May 21                St. Louis, MO @ The Pageant

May 22               Kansas City, MO @ Midland Theatre

May 24               Houston, TX @ Bayou Music Center

May 25               Austin, TX @ Austin Music Hall

May 26               Dallas, TX @ Palladium Ballroom

May 28               Broomfield, CO @ 1st Bank Center

www.soundgardenworld.com

There you go, Kat.  2 ATL dates!

badkittygothgirl
Stinkyfist

Post by badkittygothgirl »

Soundgarden killed it tonight!!!  Opened with Spoon man.  2nd song, Jesus Christ Pose.  Immediately headed to bathroom to change panties. Chris was spit on.  He sounded great and his voice was strong....suck it Maynard.  Kim Thayil tore it up as did Matt Cameron.  The bassist seemed disinterested.  All in all, a good night!
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

badkittygothgirl said
Soundgarden killed it tonight!!!  Opened with Spoon man.  2nd song, Jesus Christ Pose.  Immediately headed to bathroom to change panties. Chris was spit on.  He sounded great and his voice was strong....suck it Maynard.  Kim Thayil tore it up as did Matt Cameron.  The bassist seemed disinterested.  All in all, a good night!

Ben always seems kinda disinterested at all the SG shows I've been to.  Glad you had a good time.  Wish they would tour here sometime soon.
Kittaan
Peen Taster

Post by Kittaan »

Yeah, Ben does seem to have an attitude, but he locks in so damn well with Matt.

Great to hear you got a good show out of them, Kat.  I'm not sure if you saw my reviews, but went two nights, and got some shit mixes, especially night 2 up in the balcony. But the performances were excellent and Chris did sound killer.  That's one band I will never miss live again if given an opportunity.  Hope they put out another new disc soon(ish).
doors
Metalologist

Post by doors »

The new one is a disappointment. I haven't had the urge to listen to it for the second time around. Easily their weakest album.
Busty McCracken

Post by Busty McCracken »

I recommend giving it a few more spins if ya can.. Found it to be an absolute belter, especially the closing tracks.
Kittaan
Peen Taster

Post by Kittaan »

Busty McCracken said
I recommend giving it a few more spins if ya can.. Found it to be an absolute belter, especially the closing tracks.

Agreed, it grew on me quickly.  And the new material kills live.
doors
Metalologist

Post by doors »

Okay, I will give it another spin this evening.
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

Pretty ordinary in the middle, but the first and final few tracks are all pretty good.  I don't think it's as good as Badmotorfinger, Superunknown or Down On The Upside, but it's still a solid album.
fortysixand2
Uncle Fucker

Post by fortysixand2 »

Seeing these guys on Saturday along with Bush, Buckcherry, and AWOLNATION lol. I'm pretty excited. Haven't listened to the new album yet besides the single "Been Away Too Long" which I thought was forgettable. Maybe after hearing some of the new tunes live it'll make me want to listen.
brewdog123
RIP

Post by brewdog123 »

went to tuesday's night show.  I had not seen soundgarden since Nov. '96 when they were last in Atlanta at the Omni (my first concert).  very impressed.  I think they were having some sound issues the night I went, but Cornell's voice was having no issues, fantastic.  i highly recommend 

geordy
Maynard Believer

Post by geordy »

badkittygothgirl said

I really don't remember chatting here before, but nice to meet you all the same.  http://www.dimeadozen.org/torrents-deta ... id=449613  is what I was able to pull, in case you hadn't seen it yet.  Thought it was a great performance, sounded great up in the balcony in line with the speakers, and thankfully my recording reflects that.
geordy
Maynard Believer

Post by geordy »

Kittaan said
I'm not sure if you saw my reviews, but went two nights, and got some shit mixes, especially night 2 up in the balcony. 

Were you up in the balcony on the left side?  We might have met at the end of the show?  Someone was exchanging contact info with my friend Steve as I came over to see how he managed during the show, we shook hands, but I never caught a name.  I was wearing a blue long sleeve shirt...
Kittaan
Peen Taster

Post by Kittaan »

geordy said

Kittaan said
I'm not sure if you saw my reviews, but went two nights, and got some shit mixes, especially night 2 up in the balcony. 

Were you up in the balcony on the left side?  We might have met at the end of the show?  Someone was exchanging contact info with my friend Steve as I came over to see how he managed during the show, we shook hands, but I never caught a name.  I was wearing a blue long sleeve shirt...

Nope, I was talking about my review of the Oakland, CA gigs a while back.  I'll check out your recording thanks for the link.
badkittygothgirl
Stinkyfist

Post by badkittygothgirl »

geordy said

badkittygothgirl said

I really don't remember chatting here before, but nice to meet you all the same.  http://www.dimeadozen.org/torrents-deta ... id=449613  is what I was able to pull, in case you hadn't seen it yet.  Thought it was a great performance, sounded great up in the balcony in line with the speakers, and thankfully my recording reflects that.

I told you!!!  Yes, we have talked before.  You were going to come by the meet up for the Atlanta show last year but never did.   Any who, it was nice to meet you.  My fiance was giving me shit last night that you guys were bullshitting me.  Thanks for the link! 
geordy
Maynard Believer

Post by geordy »

I recognized the name, just couldn't remember any specific conversation.  
lipanconjuring
of Arimathea

Post by lipanconjuring »

There's a few HD recordings up on Youtube of the full set from their show at the Borgata in NJ the other night. They sound really good on this leg, and backing up what Kitaan said, Cornell sounds fresh. His voice can be kinda hit or miss sometimes but he sounds like he's killing it at the moment.

I'm still kicking myself for missing them when they came through Minneapolis a few months ago, but I just didn't have the money to buy tix on Stubhub at the time. Just my fucking luck too that they pulled out some of the deeper cuts that night, like Fresh Tendrils, Rhinosaur, Tighter & Tighter, INCESSANT MACE, etc. Oh well, maybe again soon. :/

Chris was affirmative in a couple recent interviews about them hitting AU & NZ soon, so maybe now that they're beginning to announce some of the first EU dates that might follow? I recall him and Ben both saying Australia is one of their favorite places to play, so I don't think they'll short you guys on a proper tour.
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

Ben Shepherd has a new solo album coming out.  Here's the first track:

Kittaan
Peen Taster

Post by Kittaan »

^  Suffers from demo-sound-itis.  Still interested to hear the whole thing.  Apparently he played everything on that track, and most others?

All vocals and instruments were played by H.B. Shepherd unless otherwise noted.

Today, Ben Shepherd of Soundgarden announced his debut solo album In Deep Owl will be released on August 27th, 2013. The collection of songs was recorded in the industrial neighborhoods of Georgetown and Interbay in Seattle, WA and was produced by Dave French, Ben Shepherd, Chad MacMurray, and Nathan Yaccino. Listen to the first song off of the album, “Baron Robber” on SPIN.com. 

Pre-order the limited edition vinyl here: http://hbshepherd.com

UndKeineZwEier
has a small dick

Post by UndKeineZwEier »

Sounds like Ben Shepard and Isis.
Don't mow your lawn
doors
Metalologist

Post by doors »

I was so let down with their latest album. They have gone down the Metallica route where their best years are far behind them. I saw them in 1997 and they were a great live. I heard they can be a bit of a "hit and miss" band when it comes to playing live though.