TOOL Poster Trade Thread

Hotdog
Fanboi

Post by Hotdog »

badkittygothgirl said
As far as the fish posters go, I like the Sydney ones with the blue background.

I haven't seen that poster yet, but have one coming. Where did you see the pic?
lachrymologist
RIP

Post by lachrymologist »

It's in the Sydney threads towards the end. Looks like a blue Dallas poster same as Melbourne just blue. 
nsfw dave
Bronco's Fan

Post by nsfw dave »

so for about a few months now ive been somewhat quietly obsessed with these posters.. I feel the need to start a collection. except im not paying the 500+ they want on ebay.. ridiculous. does anyone have any they want to sell me (for a price that will let my ass return to its normal shape when its done)  lmk

-dave
nudges710
My pain is just an excuse

Post by nudges710 »

^get out while you can!
Monolith NZ
Bronco's Fan

Post by Monolith NZ »

Hey guys. I have a signed Brisbane 2013 poster which I'm now able to part with. It's been stored in it's plastic wrap since purchase and I've only removed it once. I'm looking to trade it for other signed posters (preferably from a different tour) or just straight cash if nobody is interested in a trade. It's the same as the one shown below.

Undertow00
Maynard Believer

Post by Undertow00 »

Interested.  Will pay cash. Or cash and unsigned poster trade!  
Hotdog
Fanboi

Post by Hotdog »

nsfw dave said
so for about a few months now ive been somewhat quietly obsessed with these posters.. I feel the need to start a collection. except im not paying the 500+ they want on ebay.. ridiculous. does anyone have any they want to sell me (for a price that will let my ass return to its normal shape when its done)  lmk

-dave

Beyond The Pale

Ramp Gallery

Print Mafia

Beyond the Pale and Print Mafia are the poster makers, hence the cheap prices. 

Happy collecting!

Oh, were you wanting this years posters? If so, that's going to be a hard task. Im in Australia and i can't even get hold of Sydney night 2, the only one i'm missing.

lachrymologist
RIP

Post by lachrymologist »

I know it's off topic but has there been a pic of the ozzfest Japan poster yet?
hellboy
Site Admin
Height: 182cm

Post by hellboy »

lachrymologist said
I know it's off topic but has there been a pic of the ozzfest Japan poster yet?

From what I've read there wasn't one, but I could be wrong.
fortysixand2
Uncle Fucker

Post by fortysixand2 »

What about the Auckland shows? Those are the only shows I haven't seen a poster for.
bigboy55693
Geacon

Post by bigboy55693 »

^

not on here or EB.  thought we had more prints peoples on here from down south.
aMAnAPlAnACaNalPaNamA
Sosa
Maynard Believer

Post by Sosa »

I may be unloading a few posters from my collection. All of them are professionally framed and matted with museum quality glass. I will list what will part with this week. I never thought I would say this...but I just have too many.
hellboy
Site Admin
Height: 182cm

Post by hellboy »

fortysixand2 said
What about the Auckland shows? Those are the only shows I haven't seen a poster for.

There were posters for every show except Japan from what I've seen.  Adelaide, Sydney, Melbourne and Brisbane all had posers.
Monolith NZ
Bronco's Fan

Post by Monolith NZ »

Undertow00 said
Interested.  Will pay cash. Or cash and unsigned poster trade!  

Hey mate. Please email me at adrenological@gmail.com with your offers. Cheers.

Monolith NZ
Bronco's Fan

Post by Monolith NZ »

Bogart said
I have a signed Puscifer poster from their last tour if anyone is interested...

Flick me an email also. I've been looking for a signed Puscifer poster but the only one I can find is $250USD

azbay
RIP

Post by azbay »

^I shall be going to caduceus within the next month or two, they sell puscifer signed posters and they have the puscifer store there too, not sure how much they sell their signed posters there but let me know if your still looking for one by then (june)
bigboy55693
Geacon

Post by bigboy55693 »

Monolith NZ said

Bogart said
I have a signed Puscifer poster from their last tour if anyone is interested...

Flick me an email also. I've been looking for a signed Puscifer poster but the only one I can find is $250USD

Little cheaper whole band signed - 200 OBO

Maynard signed only on his puscifer website for $100 (multiple dates available)

aMAnAPlAnACaNalPaNamA
azbay
RIP

Post by azbay »

^ was just about to recommend the website also, last time I went to jerome I believe all the puscifer posters were only maynard signed as well
bigboy55693
Geacon

Post by bigboy55693 »

@Monolith NZ

This full band signed 2012 Puscifer tour poster just came up on the 'Bay today.  I don't know what the other band members signatures look like so I can't say if it is legit.  Maynard's looks weird to me and the others just look like a bunch of scribbles...

It is a lot more reasonably priced than the others so you may be interested
aMAnAPlAnACaNalPaNamA
Toolboy
Maynard Believer

Post by Toolboy »

Monolith NZ
Bronco's Fan

Post by Monolith NZ »

Thanks a lot for all the replies guys! I really appreciate it. bigboy, that band signed poster is pretty sweet. I'll have to think about it
Monolith NZ
Bronco's Fan

Post by Monolith NZ »

azbay said
^I shall be going to caduceus within the next month or two, they sell puscifer signed posters and they have the puscifer store there too, not sure how much they sell their signed posters there but let me know if your still looking for one by then (june)

According to the below link signed posters are $99 there? If that's the case then I am certainly interested!

Edit: Maynard signed posters are currently $99 on the Puscifer website. I really should have checked there first. Derp

bigboy55693
Geacon

Post by bigboy55693 »

I am about to acquire a near full set of prints from this recent tour from a friend who hasn't ever shipped a print before.

Me being the verbose/detail oriented person that I am created a huge email for him talking about what I think should go into shipping a print.

I am presenting it below so that if you are making a deal with someone you can copy/paste it to them so they are at least more aware of what should be done when shipping prints.

Please feel free to comment/add suggestions to what I have included already.

You would be surprised the ultra retarded ways I have received prints from trades before

I got a print that was folded, one that was rolled into a square box, and one that was rubber banded and sent in several Pringles chip cans that were taped together. The Pringle can print got here in one piece, but it was greasy and salty LOL.

Here are a few notes/pointers about shipping prints that I have learned over the past couple years. 

1) A successful shipment is largely dependent on a sturdy tube of large diameter.  A tube that can be indented or flexed with the push of a finger should be avoided at all costs. Tubes from Wal-Mart or a store of equal thrift where ever you are located probably won't sell good tubes. Office supply stores might have a slightly higher quality tube, but again that is doubtful.

Your best bet for a quality tube is to visit a dedicated custom framing shop, or dedicated/high end arts and crafts store.  Depending on where you work or what you may have access to;  spools for wiring, paper, or cloth are generally very thick and sturdy (problem might be though that they aren't long enough).  Look around, you may find something near you that you can have for free!

There is a name brand tube called a "heavy duty Yazoo" or "heavy duty Yazoo Mills" tube that many print traders prefer since it is very thick and comes in large diameters. Yazoo sells a light duty tube that isn't much better than what Wal-Mart or office supply stores sell.  The light duty tube should be avoided.

A 3 inch by 36 inch Yazoo tube (large enough for most prints) should run about $3-4.

A tube diameter of at least 3 inches is preferred.  However, 4 inches is better, and 5 inches, if you can find it would be optimal.

A thin walled tube is one that is about as thick as a US dime.  A thick walled tube is one that is about as thick as two stacked US quarters.

2) It is absolutely imperative that you tape the ends of the tube very well. Some tubes have plastic retainers that you clip onto the ends to "secure" the cap.  If you find a tube with this feature you should still tape the ends shut.  Customs won't need to inspect the tube since it is just paper so feel free to tape the hell out of it
While it has never happened to me personally, I have heard of quite a few people who have gotten their prints with the ends smashed up b/c the end caps fell off and the prints slid out. Some tape on the ends of the tube would have prevented this from happening.

3) A nice thing to do, but perhaps most difficult to do/obtain would be to layer sheets of paper (brown kraft or tissue and preferably acid free) between the prints.  Brown kraft paper is typically used to cover the backs of custom framed art.
The print(s) that you will put in the tube they are likely to rub against one another or the tube itself during shipment.  It would be a shame if the prints got marred up or colors transferred during shipment.
If you are able to visit a custom art framing shop to get a tube they should also have those paper/tissue supplies as well.  The store will probably charge a nominal fee for sheets large enough to layer between the prints, but this is a cost that may be well worth it.  A 20 x 30 piece of brown kraft or tissue paper (again large enough for most prints) should be fairly inexpensive (about $1 a piece).

If you intend to do lots a decent amount of print shipping/trading/storing, eBay sells brown kraft or tissue paper (all acid free) in several different sizes and sheet quantities.  Buy some for yourself for storage, and for your potential future trades.

4) Since the shipping tube needs to be at least 2 inches longer than the longest dimension of the print there will be space between the print edges and the end of the tube.  This presents a problem since the prints are likely to shift within the tube itself during shipment.  An easy fix to this is to crumple up some brown kraft paper (or newspaper/other paper source if kraft paper is unavailable) and stuff the crumpled paper into both ends of the tube.  This crumpled paper plug in effect secures the prints from sliding up and down the tube during transport.

5) Finally, this one is easy: always roll the prints along the longest dimension or along the intended display orientation.  Most typically this is from top to bottom or bottom to top.  Unless they are intended for horizontal display, never roll a print from side to side. I have some prints that are are meant to be horizontally displayed.  They should be rolled side to side.  However prints which are intended to be vertically displayed they should be rolled top to bottom.

If the above seems like too much to ask, the only really important things are:

1) The shipping tube should be 3 inch diameter or more and thick walled.

2) The end caps are should taped well enough to prevent loss of the cap.

3) The print should be rolled along the longest dimension which is generally the intended display orientation.

aMAnAPlAnACaNalPaNamA
badkittygothgirl
Stinkyfist

Post by badkittygothgirl »

My first thought, TL;DR.  Then I skipped to the end and you summed it up nice and easy for a novice shipper.  I think it is a bit much to expect a novice shipper to use craft paper and ship it like a professional would.
The Pot Snob
Maynard Believer

Post by The Pot Snob »

If a guy wanted to sell his posters, what do you all think they might be worth? I have Seattle 2010 and St. Charles 2010 both signed and Reno last year not signed. Any idea folks?