02. Pushit [10:21]
03. Intro > [06:39]
04. Wings for Marie [06:41]
05. 10000 Days [11:29]
06. Lateralus ~~ [16:49]
07. Vicarious [07:18]
Total Time: [63:42]

~~ w/ drummer from Mastadon

Thanks, chief. This is the one with unbelievable audio or whatever, right?

Something for everyone in that setlist. Much appreciated . . .

O love will you read the letters I will send to you.
InFlamesOfBirchmen
My pain is just an excuse

Post by InFlamesOfBirchmen »

Oh man, 15 year old me tried so hard to get to this show. Thanks for posting, I'll have to give it a download! Kind of weird to remember there was a time when Tool played more than 11 songs a night.
fortysixand2
Uncle Fucker

Post by fortysixand2 »

Cool, thanks but why did you convert these to < 128 kbps mp3?
badkittygothgirl
Stinkyfist

Post by badkittygothgirl »

My hometown show!   Thanks for the find!
ilikecheese
Hey Jude

Post by ilikecheese »

I was there.

The show was phenomenal.

just.....phenomenal....

However everything up until,

then immediately after,,

That concert sucked 

Ass through a paper straw.

The above post is entertainment. It is most likely not directed at any individual unless specified. Any other interpretation, gleaning, or reckoning, of this post without the express, written, consent of Cheese, is strictly prohibited.
UndKeineZwEier
has a small dick

Post by UndKeineZwEier »

Molder of Cheese said
I was there.

The show was phenomenal.

just.....phenomenal....

However everything up until,

then immediately after,,

That concert sucked 

Ass through a paper straw.

A paper straw doesn't seem like it would be very useful in general.

Don't mow your lawn
insaner
Bronco's Fan

Post by insaner »

joeypants
Goderator

Post by joeypants »

Those shows were epic. Saw the Orlando show which had the same setlist and was also a super on-point performance. However, it's still hard to believe they used to close with Vicarious. Not a good closer, in my opinion. I really miss Rosetta Stoned, although I saw it plenty.
Ravenpig
Peen Taster

Post by Ravenpig »

I was at the San Antonio show that year, set list wasn't as great but the show was awesome.

Of note, that was one of the two nights I saw them where the had two of the King Crimson guys open for them.  The second was in Corpus Christi, which now that I think about it was probably a better show than San Antonio, including an extra song.
Hey! Denty!
brewdog123
RIP

Post by brewdog123 »

was at this show.  thanks for upping it, havent ever listen to it.  the pushit on here is what dreams are made of.  damn, good times
joeypants
Goderator

Post by joeypants »

toolphishdhs said

joeypants said
Those shows were epic. Saw the Orlando show which had the same setlist and was also a super on-point performance. However, it's still hard to believe they used to close with Vicarious. Not a good closer, in my opinion. I really miss Rosetta Stoned, although I saw it plenty.

only saw Duluth and Roo in 07. pretty fucking good.   Duluth was a better show.  

So when people talk about 2007 sucking, im not really sure where they are coming from but i realize i saw 2 really good shows.    

anyone got any other 07 listening recommendations?

Yeah I was at Bonnaroo as well and while it was very cool in its own way, festival shows always have drawbacks. Those bright fluorescent flood lights on either side of the stage ruined it for me really. Flood was very incredible that night though (as was strolling over immediately after Tool to watch David Cross, Aziz Ansari and Nick Kroll). Plus I mean, Lateralus with Tom Morello. Hard to beat that. Oh and essentially having The Roots open for Tool. Goddamn, what a weekend that was.

Honestly, the only "questionable" Tool run to me was the '09 one, and even that had its strong points that no other tour did. Namely Rosetta Stoned being kind of the highlight.

joeypants
Goderator

Post by joeypants »

Oh and it's also worth noting that I think this particular Lateralus (the Duluth '07 one) has possibly the coolest little variation in Adam's solo I've ever heard. It's the solo after the drum business.
brewdog123
RIP

Post by brewdog123 »

joeypants said

toolphishdhs said

joeypants said

only saw Duluth and Roo in 07. pretty fucking good.   Duluth was a better show.  

So when people talk about 2007 sucking, im not really sure where they are coming from but i realize i saw 2 really good shows.    

anyone got any other 07 listening recommendations?

Yeah I was at Bonnaroo as well and while it was very cool in its own way, festival shows always have drawbacks. Those bright fluorescent flood lights on either side of the stage ruined it for me really. Flood was very incredible that night though (as was strolling over immediately after Tool to watch David Cross, Aziz Ansari and Nick Kroll). Plus I mean, Lateralus with Tom Morello. Hard to beat that. Oh and essentially having The Roots open for Tool. Goddamn, what a weekend that was.

Honestly, the only "questionable" Tool run to me was the '09 one, and even that had its strong points that no other tour did. Namely Rosetta Stoned being kind of the highlight.

'09 red rocks was special, at least to me
brewdog123
RIP

Post by brewdog123 »

listening to wings for marie>10000 days.  fantastic.  too bad we will never hear these again.  i remember being at the show in Duluth while this was playing and thinking, people dont appreciate this, people talking, yelling for other songs etc.  while mjk is pouring his heart out in these songs, im hearing "PLAY SOBER".  too bad we cant have nice things....  
joeypants
Goderator

Post by joeypants »

Indeed. Glad I got to see Wings/10K Days with a polite crowd at least a couple of times.

Also, Tool played Red Rocks in 2010, and that tour was magical! No wonder you found it special. I don't personally dog the '09 tour that hard, I had a great time. But that was seemingly when they kind of realized (or I guess Maynard realized?) that same setlist, paired down no less, was getting a bit old.

thesheedspot
My pain is just an excuse

Post by thesheedspot »

umm gotta disagree about everything after sucking. i saw them the very next night in greenville. same set but flood for pushit. (i would have preferred pushit since at that time id never seen them play it) collectiveunconscious.org has the greenville show as one of the best from 07.

as for 09, i saw them on the opener of that tour at dicks field outside denver. def the worst tool show ive been too. several flubs, and the wind was blowing so hard you could barely hear anyone but danny. maynard was totally lost in the mix. honestly im not that big a fan of outside shows in general. saw them just a bit later that summer in charlotte and loved it, albeit more or less the same set list i had seen 3 times before (vegas 06, greenville 07, denver 09)
brewdog123
RIP

Post by brewdog123 »

brain fart, no tool at red rocks in 09, i meant '10.  my first time at red rocks, tool, chemically enhanced....lift off