Private gig?

The Main Event
nudges710
My pain is just an excuse

Post by nudges710 »

So with the powerball being $600,000,000 for saturdays drawing, we can all dream! So how much do you think it would cost to book Tool for a private show?
snazzlefrass
Shankdagger
Height: 7.5inches

Post by snazzlefrass »

Seriously though, maybe 50k per member? That would be my guess.
SteveBobSteve
badkittygothgirl
Stinkyfist

Post by badkittygothgirl »

Are up you kidding?  I would gladly 100k per member or more if I won 600 mil!
ilikecheese
Hey Jude

Post by ilikecheese »

Set List Content is directly proportionate 

To the 'more or less' I approve of the list.
The above post is entertainment. It is most likely not directed at any individual unless specified. Any other interpretation, gleaning, or reckoning, of this post without the express, written, consent of Cheese, is strictly prohibited.
badkittygothgirl
Stinkyfist

And that is very true!  Nardo and I would definitely have a sit down to negotiate the set list.
markuspoop
Oddfellow

Post by markuspoop »

After all the hookers I'd have like $20 to try to coax Tool to play a private show.

*Side note, I saw on the local news today that since California got the powerball like a month ago, we've contributed like 11% to the current powerball total.
I like to poop naked.
nudges710

Post by nudges710 »

i would have to negotiate a couple of things:

setlist

original adam jones poster(not a remake of another show) signed and doodled of course

permission to have the show professionaly recorded both video and audio

adams guitar from the show, signed

justins bass from the show, signed

dannys drumhead, signed

and maynard has to refill my glass of caduceus in between songs
264zn
Phony

Post by 264zn »

Haha don't know why I thought of this, but yeah replace Jonas Brother's with tool lol. 

budsyralli
Fornicraster
Height: this tall

Post by budsyralli »

i personally would think they would decline.
go taff!
badkittygothgirl
Stinkyfist

Shut up Budsy...we are busy spending our millions.  This is no time for a reality check.

EDIT:  dammit, I thought my 420th post would have been a bit more exciting so here is douchebag Maynard.

Ravenpig
Peen Taster

Post by Ravenpig »

Lazy Bones Jones would be a much better fit for that^
Hey! Denty!
nudges710

Post by nudges710 »

Budsy, everyone has a number! im sure a quarter of a million each would make them think twice! whats a million out of 600million? pennies!
badkittygothgirl
Stinkyfist

Ravenpig said
Lazy Bones Jones would be a much better fit for that^

I know, but I had to throw something into the post.
Ettan
Fanboi

Post by Ettan »

what do you guys think about this riff?  someone recorded them while they were doing the soundcheck and Adam played this. Pretty interesting actually, even though it's from 2007. 
markuspoop
Oddfellow

Post by markuspoop »

nudges710 said
Budsy, everyone has a number! im sure a quarter of a million each would make them think twice! whats a million out of 600million? pennies!

To quote The Million Dollar Man Ted DiBiase, "Everybody has a price."
I like to poop naked.
UndKeineZwEier
has a small dick

Post by UndKeineZwEier »

general white said
what do you guys think about this riff?  someone recorded them while they were doing the soundcheck and Adam played this. Pretty interesting actually, even though it's from 2007. 

I really liked the first half, but the second half was a little rough.

Don't mow your lawn
Ettan
Fanboi

Post by Ettan »

UndKeineEier said

general white said

Yeah, since I have this recoding I decided to listen to the full soundcheck, they played Jambi but Maynard only sang half of it, pretty interesting. This part that surdert uploaded is the part were only adam plays. I believe that the first half of the video is the only possible thing for a new song, the rest is probably just jam. But everything connects, not the jambi riff though, but the rest sounds like a typical tool riff. I imagine it as right in two, were it starts slow but slowly builds up. I REALLY hope that they use this little riff as a song, just the very start of the video, that part is so damn good. 
UndKeineZwEier
has a small dick

Post by UndKeineZwEier »

general white said

UndKeineEier said

general white said
what do you guys think about this riff? someone recorded them while they were doing the soundcheck and Adam played this. Pretty interesting actually, even though it's from 2007. 

Yeah, since I have this recoding I decided to listen to the full soundcheck, they played Jambi but Maynard only sang half of it, pretty interesting. This part that surdert uploaded is the part were only adam plays. I believe that the first half of the video is the only possible thing for a new song, the rest is probably just jam. But everything connects, not the jambi riff though, but the rest sounds like a typical tool riff. I imagine it as right in two, were it starts slow but slowly builds up. I REALLY hope that they use this little riff as a song, just the very start of the video, that part is so damn good. 

I agree.
Don't mow your lawn
N.Y.H.C.
Serial Thrilla

Post by N.Y.H.C. »

general white said

sounds like he was fine tuning one of this guitar's strictly to be used for "Jambi" and "Rosetta Stoned".

Asteroids do not concern me, Admiral. I want that ship, not excuses.
Ettan
Fanboi

Post by Ettan »

NYHCster said

general white said

sounds like he was fine tuning one of this guitar's strictly to be used for "Jambi" and "Rosetta Stoned".

Problem with that is that he only uses one guitar. They didn't play parabola that tour, nor did they play the pot in a lowered key. I might be wrong though.. 
ilikecheese
Hey Jude

Post by ilikecheese »

It sounds like he's warming up

With a few exercises.

I hear someone practicing.
The above post is entertainment. It is most likely not directed at any individual unless specified. Any other interpretation, gleaning, or reckoning, of this post without the express, written, consent of Cheese, is strictly prohibited.
Ravenpig
Peen Taster

Post by Ravenpig »

practice or not its a nice little jam, I'd spread it on toast.
Hey! Denty!
hellboy
Site Admin
Height: 182cm

Post by hellboy »

general white said 
Problem with that is that he only uses one guitar. They didn't play parabola that tour, nor did they play the pot in a lowered key. I might be wrong though.. 

Adam has plenty of guitars, he takes two out on tour with him.  From memory when Parabola, or some other song which has tuning other than Drop-D he uses a different Les Paul.

Also, that's a nice sample.  I agree that it's just him fucking around and practicing.  Everything there sounds Toolish enough that it would be no surprise if it where a riff he was toying with.  Nice example of the Gig-FX chopper pedal at around 1:27 there also.
ilikecheese
Hey Jude

Post by ilikecheese »

Ravenpig said
practice or not its a nice little jam, I'd spread it on toast.

And I'd fuck that toast but a little jam does not a new TOOL song make.