Album of the Week: Serj Tankian - Elect the Dead - CANCELLED - To Be Replaced

James
Fanboi

Post by James »

I am so sorry everyone, thank you to Kat for messaging me! I hate that this is so short-notice, but I am going to go with Elect the Dead from Serj Tankian. It can be found here with the full album and bonus tracks, which are worth listening to even if you don't like the album. Tankian was the lead singer of System of a Down, though Elect the Dead is far from Toxicity.
Kittaan
Peen Taster

Post by Kittaan »

James said
I am so sorry everyone, thank you to Kat for messaging me! I hate that this is so short-notice, but I am going to go with Elect the Dead from Serj Tankian. It can be found here with the full album and bonus tracks, which are worth listening to even if you don't like the album. Tankian was the lead singer of System of a Down, though Elect the Dead is far from Toxicity.

As I said in the other thread, there was no hurry... in fact, if you want to take an extra day and revise your choice, feel free.  If not, no worries either.
Ki77aan :twisted:
hellboy
Site Admin
Height: 182cm

Post by hellboy »

Kittaan said 
As I said in the other thread, there was no hurry... in fact, if you want to take an extra day and revise your choice, feel free.  If not, no worries either.

Yes, you are welcome to do that.  Personally I won't listen to the album this week if it remains this album.  I gave it plenty of time when it was first released, and I didn't get much from it and have no desire to revisit it.
The Boss
LSDeeeeeee
Height: Not A Fucking Manlet

Post by The Boss »

I'll be happy to listen to this and give a full review.
O love will you read the letters I will send to you.
Ravenpig
Peen Taster

Post by Ravenpig »

Not a fan of this guy or System.

Having said that, its James' right to pick whatever he wants so I'll give it a whirl.
Hey! Denty!
badkittygothgirl
Stinkyfist

Post by badkittygothgirl »

Kittaan said

James said

I told James he had a day and to take his time.
James
Fanboi

Post by James »

Ouch, fellas! Hey--I will come back to y'all with something I've put more thought into , as I said this was very short notice. Honestly, I completely missed that it was my turn and so this was rushed. This wouldn't have been my first pick. Thanks for allowing a second choice.
264zn
Phony

Post by 264zn »

Have always enjoyed system, so I gave this a listen and enjoyed it when it came out. Also managed to see Serj live in London last year (actually wrote a review on here from memory) and thought he put on a fucking good show. I enjoyed the latest album 'harakiri' more than this one, but both have some decent tunes...in saying that the best part of the night for me was when they busted out 'aerials' for the encore, nuff said.
The Boss
LSDeeeeeee

Post by The Boss »

James said
Ouch, fellas! Hey--I will come back to y'all with something I've put more thought into , as I said this was very short notice. Honestly, I completely missed that it was my turn and so this was rushed. This wouldn't have been my first pick. Thanks for allowing a second choice.

You're actually doing us a favour.
ilikecheese
Hey Jude

Post by ilikecheese »

James said

It is a strange crowd

This 'ya'll' you speak of....

The above post is entertainment. It is most likely not directed at any individual unless specified. Any other interpretation, gleaning, or reckoning, of this post without the express, written, consent of Cheese, is strictly prohibited.
James
Fanboi

Post by James »

Molder of Cheese said

James said

It is a strange crowd

It's what I get for growing up in Texas!

Also, new album: DIM by GazettE.
phox_
Has been

Post by phox_ »

I've theorized it takes about 8 months for someone new to Austin/Texas to fully pick up and use the word y'all without thinking about it.
Ravenpig
Peen Taster

Post by Ravenpig »

phox_ said
I've theorized it takes about 8 months for someone new to Austin/Texas to fully pick up and use the word y'all without thinking about it.

I would say it's a fair statement that most of us use that word/phrase, but only a small percentage use it with the accent that y'all (heh) probably think that we do.
Hey! Denty!
Ravenpig
Peen Taster

Post by Ravenpig »

James said

Molder of Cheese said

James said

It is a strange crowd

It's what I get for growing up in Texas!

Also, new album: DIM by GazettE.

I'm from Texas too.

Also, I would start a new thread for your new pick, otherwise most people will just glaze over this.

EDIT: Or edit the thread title, if that's possible.
Hey! Denty!
The Boss
LSDeeeeeee

Post by The Boss »

Ask Mods to delete thread, then start another.

Hell, I'll do it: Mods, can you delete this thread, so another can be started?
Kittaan
Peen Taster

Post by Kittaan »

OK - Done.  James - Start a new thread for DIM by Gazette.  Closing this one.
Ki77aan :twisted: