Arrested Development

Movies, TV and other video based media
joeypants
Goderator

Post by joeypants »

Actually fuck it. New season is coming so I'm sure I won't be the only one jabbering like an idiot on here, might as well have its own thread.

Oh also...

http://mangoinyourmouth.com
not tyson
Grammy Winner
Height: 186cm

Post by not tyson »

Ravenpig
Peen Taster

Post by Ravenpig »

AD thread? This is goin to be all right.
Hey! Denty!
N.Y.H.C.
Serial Thrilla

Post by N.Y.H.C. »

the baby bird! with smoke!!

Asteroids do not concern me, Admiral. I want that ship, not excuses.
The Boss
LSDeeeeeee
Height: Not A Fucking Manlet

Post by The Boss »

joeypants said
Actually fuck it. New season is coming so I'm sure I won't be the only one jabbering like an idiot on here, might as well have its own thread.

Oh also...

Quietly coming out of self-imposed exile to give you many internets.

Quick story: I fucking hated, HATED, AR the first time I watched it. Petty, stupid, unfunny, bullshit.

How wrong was I. Second re-watch, the penny dropped: This is the greatest comedy series of all time (next time the gorgeously incredibly "ALWAYS SUNNY . . ."). I've now watched the entire series maybe five times.

Cannot wait for more of this stuff. Just can't.

O love will you read the letters I will send to you.
joeypants
Goderator

Post by joeypants »

I really liked it at first, but of course as it went along it grew into one of my favorite comedy series of all time. No telling how many times I've rewatched and I STILL catch new jokes. I don't think I noticed Winkler's "Fonzie look" in the mirror until like the 5th time through? And that's such an obvious joke too. Ditto the "jumping the shark" Winkler does.
N.Y.H.C.
Serial Thrilla

Post by N.Y.H.C. »

MACGYVER said

joeypants said

Oh also...

Quick story: I fucking hated, HATED, AR the first time I watched it. Petty, stupid, unfunny, bullshit.

How wrong was I. Second re-watch, the penny dropped: This is the greatest comedy series of all time (next time the gorgeously incredibly "ALWAYS SUNNY . . ."). I've now watched the entire series maybe five times.

only caught two episodes of "Always Sunny..." one was when Danny Devito was on acid the other he birthed himself from a couch cushion at a party. I laughed so hard tears fell from my eye.

The Boss
LSDeeeeeee

Post by The Boss »

NYHCster said

MACGYVER said

joeypants said

Oh also...

only caught two episodes of "Always Sunny..." one was when Danny Devito was on acid the other he birthed himself from a couch cushion at a party. I laughed so hard tears fell from my eye.

Go watch the entire series. It's the second funniest TV show of all time, no exaggeration.

N.Y.H.C.
Serial Thrilla

Post by N.Y.H.C. »

MACGYVER said

NYHCster said

MACGYVER said

joeypants said

Oh also...

Go watch the entire series. It's the second funniest TV show of all time, no exaggeration.

I wish it was on Showtime or HBO. that show needs to be uncensored!!

Kittaan
Peen Taster

Post by Kittaan »

joeypants said
I really liked it at first, but of course as it went along it grew into one of my favorite comedy series of all time. No telling how many times I've rewatched and I STILL catch new jokes. I don't think I noticed Winkler's "Fonzie look" in the mirror until like the 5th time through? And that's such an obvious joke too. Ditto the "jumping the shark" Winkler does.

Just re-watched the whole series again recovering from surgery this week (what a pleasure and a pain) and I don't think I caught those prior either, but they were super obvious this time.

I think I'm going to have to subcribe to Netflix streaming just to catch these new episodes.  Can't wait.
Ki77aan :twisted:
Kittaan
Peen Taster

Post by Kittaan »

By the way, if you haven't seen this, you must.  Brilliant.

http://recurringdevelopments.com
The Boss
LSDeeeeeee

Post by The Boss »

http://mentalfloss.com/article/50644/20 ... cs-article

"20 hidden jokes in "ARRESTED DEVELOPMENT"".

14 and 18. Holy shit.
Kittaan
Peen Taster

Post by Kittaan »

MACGYVER said
http://mentalfloss.com/article/50644/20 ... cs-article

"20 hidden jokes in "ARRESTED DEVELOPMENT"".

14 and 18. Holy shit.

Crow - Did you check out the link I added to the Arrested Development thread?  Tons more there.

One I haven't seen mentioned yet, related to #6 below:  Not only did Zuckerkorn jump the shark, in reference to Happy Days being the origin of that phrase, but he was on his frickin way to Burger King - which was AD's product placement deal on that episode - AD was actually "jumping the shark"!  Layers on layers.  What a show.  By the way, did you know that Johnny Bark (tree hugger guy) is Ron Howard's brother Clint?  I think Ron has cast him in pretty much anything he's been involved with.

6. JUMPING THE SHARK: SEASON 2, EPISODE 13 – “MOTHERBOY XXX”
Barry Zuckerkorn meets with Gob, Buster, and Michael at a pier. They thought they found Buster’s hand inside of a shark, but it was a false alarm. Barry leaves to go to Burger King and jumps over the dead shark on the pier.

This is another Happy Days reference: Fonzie once jumped over a shark cage while on water skis, thus coining the phrase “jumping the shark” in reference to the quality of a TV show going downhill.
The Boss
LSDeeeeeee

Post by The Boss »

Holy fuck, that's deep. The layers and layers that the writers put into that show was amazing.

Now, I don't have Netflix, nor do I particularly want it - but I'll be keeping a sharp eye on the usual websites for when this series drops next week. I reckon this'll be the highest pirated TV series of all time. I'm not exaggerating.
Kittaan
Peen Taster

Post by Kittaan »

George Michael said
Holy fuck, that's deep. The layers and layers that the writers put into that show was amazing.

Now, I don't have Netflix, nor do I particularly want it - but I'll be keeping a sharp eye on the usual websites for when this series drops next week. I reckon this'll be the highest pirated TV series of all time. I'm not exaggerating.

George Michael.  Nice.  8`)   -  Moving these posts to the AD thread, just because I can.

All eps will be available for streaming on Sunday... and I just added streaming to my NetFlix account today in prep for this weekend.  I plan to watch that shit at the first opp.  And then kill streaming again.  

By the way, are you aware that all 15 new episodes are apparently occurring simultaneously, each from a different character's perspective?  So that when one character interacts with another, you'll see that same scene in the other ep(s) from the other character's('s) perspective.  Talk about deep.  I can't imagine this won't be fucking awesome.  If it sucks, it will be a bigger disappointment than a crappy new Tool album.  And I realize you already feel like you got one of those with 10KD...
The Boss
LSDeeeeeee

Post by The Boss »

Kittaan said

George Michael said

George Michael.  Nice.  8`)

All eps will be available for streaming on Sunday... and I just added streaming to my NetFlix account today in prep for this weekend.  I plan to watch that shit at the first opp.  And then kill streaming again.  

By the way, are you aware that all 15 new episodes are apparently occurring simultaneously, each from a different character's perspective?  So that when one character interacts with another, you'll see that same scene in the other ep(s) from the other character's('s) perspective.  Talk about deep.  I can't imagine this won't be fucking awesome.  If it sucks, it will be a bigger disappointment than a crappy new Tool album.  And I realize you already feel like you got one of those with 10KD...

I wasn't aware of that at all. Like with most things I really, really, want, I've been trying to keep myself in the dark.

That's incredibly ambitious. If it happens the exact way that you're saying, they run a deep risk of it becoming silly. I'm guessing internal dialogue/narration will come into it a lot.
Kittaan
Peen Taster

Post by Kittaan »

^ Dude, I'm sorry if I ruined any of the surprise for you.  I should have realized that some would choose to go in blind, my bad.  I fell like an idiot to be honest...

And I agree, when I first heard the concept, I was worried.  But then again, think about the brain power behind this show.  Not to mention all the time they've had to stew on the ideas.  I have a lot of faith they will pull this off nicely.  
The Boss
LSDeeeeeee

Post by The Boss »

Kittaan said
^ Dude, I'm sorry if I ruined any of the surprise for you.  I should have realized that some would choose to go in blind, my bad.  I fell like an idiot to be honest...

And I agree, when I first heard the concept, I was worried.  But then again, think about the brain power behind this show.  Not to mention all the time they've had to stew on the ideas.  I have a lot of faith they will pull this off nicely.  

No problem at all. It hasn't ruined anything.

Yeah, I think we can safely count on this being a complete home-run. I can't wait.

Kittaan
Peen Taster

Post by Kittaan »

Cool, glad to hear that.

And I will shamelessly follow your lead on the avatar tribute... Let's see if we can start a trend.

Also, in case anyone missed this above:

Tobias Fünke said 

Kittaan
Peen Taster

Post by Kittaan »

Predictions for story lines on Season 4 anybody?

Maggie had Michael's baby...

S02E12 - Hand to God
Michael tries to figure out if he is the father of Maggie Lizer's baby.

You Might Not Have Noticed
At the end of this episode, it would appear that Maggie Lizer really is pregnant, but we don't hear anything more about this in the remaining episodes of the first three seasons.

The Boss
LSDeeeeeee

Post by The Boss »

Tobias Fünke said
Cool, glad to hear that.

And I will shamelessly follow your lead on the avatar tribute... Let's see if we can start a trend.

Also, in case anyone missed this above:

Tobias Fünke said 

Fucking hell, Goddamn awesome. I've been laughing like a moron for a minute straight. This forum just leveled the fuck up.

Yeah, I threw that link up on my Facebook as well. Great stuff.
The Boss
LSDeeeeeee

Post by The Boss »

"INSIDE THE MAN INSIDE ME".

LOL x 1,000,000,000,000
N.Y.H.C.
Serial Thrilla

Post by N.Y.H.C. »

IFC has had the marathon on all weekend. wearing my gold chain with the "T" on it for the Ranger game.
The Boss
LSDeeeeeee

Post by The Boss »

George Bluth said
Anyone gonna watch tonight at midnight?  i started the series over, again, last night and will try ti get through it by midnight so i can start season 4.

Me and the mrs are still stuck on GOT.

And, to make sure I actually finish my projects this week, I won't allow myself to watch Season 4 until next weekend.