May Tool Newsletter released with a Volto! twist

N.Y.H.C.
Serial Thrilla

Post by N.Y.H.C. »

I wouldn't say "pimping other bands" that sounds pretty negative. it's like a shout out to Palms almost, which is pretty cool of him to do. imagine if whenever this album drops they open for Tool on the subsequent tour? that would be dope.
Asteroids do not concern me, Admiral. I want that ship, not excuses.
Calfium Jay
Geacon

Post by Calfium Jay »

The Boss said

Most of us don't. Still doesn't mean we can't state our opinion of him.

I've noticed that you're becoming heavily against people expressing their opinion on anything that you like. What's up with that?

He's a lefty and will probably vote for Julia The Incompetent Commie come September - who herself attempted to release a policy which would muzzle the media.

All that needs to be said really.
not tyson
Grammy Winner
Height: 186cm

Post by not tyson »

I'm voting for Palmer United, the most sensible choice
hellboy
Site Admin
Height: 182cm

Post by hellboy »

sublime5446 said 
Just because the opinion is misplaced (blaming blair) doesn't mean it isn't valid. What is everyone supposed to not say anything unless its " that good" or " I like this"?  If that's the case then don't acknowledge them and go on talking about what you like about the subject. The birthing about other people bitching is just as annoying. 

The rule seems to be greatly misunderstood.  It's there to stop people getting off topic, not to prevent negative opinions.  Complaining about the content of the original post is just fine.

And yes, if the opinion is misplaced, then it's invalid to me.
The Boss
LSDeeeeeee
Height: Not A Fucking Manlet

Post by The Boss »

sublime5446 said

Ravenpig said
^ You're acting as if HB's and my responses are based off just these posts.

People have been complaining about Blair for years.

Just because the opinion is misplaced (blaming blair) doesn't mean it isn't valid. What is everyone supposed to not say anything unless its " that good" or " I like this"?  If that's the case then don't acknowledge them and go on talking about what you like about the subject. The birthing about other people bitching is just as annoying. 

Yeah, if someone's opinion is different from yours, and you don't like it, it's probably best to just ignore it.

I'm started to ignore almost everything Hellboy says, for example.

O love will you read the letters I will send to you.
void
Fanboi

Post by void »

So yea...that New Volto! song is great lol. Seriously though, not much is going on and that's not Blair's fault. I get the impression he has to write something, so he just does.
Kittaan
Peen Taster

Post by Kittaan »

Clearly stating the obvious, but feel obligated considering some of the above posts:

The fact that there is no mention whatsoever of the progress on the new Tool material in the current newsletter IS the news about the progress on the new material.  Nothing to report.  I take that as a positive, simply because it looks like the members of Tool have learned the lesson that if you don't have concrete details, it's best to avoid discussing it in detail.  They have recently said "work continues" and they have all been pretty consistant with that message.  Hopefully the next time they mention it, we may get some real definitive news on progress.  I prefer this approach.

That being said, I agree with the ideas above:

1) That didn't need to be a newsletter

2) I'd rather have another Tales From The Loft

Also, can't wait for the Volto! album.  Sounds really good.
Ki77aan :twisted:
budsyralli
Fornicraster
Height: this tall

Post by budsyralli »

my two cents....(or is it a nickle now?)

great news for volto!........not something i would consider a tool newsletter.....a little let down yes...but not going to get butt-hurt over it....

on a different note.....on the track 'disgustipated'....at the very end who is talking.....is that blair? sounds just like him
go taff!
not tyson
Grammy Winner

Post by not tyson »

That volto track was uninspiring, sounds like an instrumental rush song
not tyson
Grammy Winner

Post by not tyson »

Also since when were Tool newsletters about Tool?

How long have you guys been reading them?

joeypants
Goderator

Post by joeypants »

This Tool newsletter is about a member of Tool doing something. No different than a tale of Danny traveling to the desert, or what he cooked last weekend, or any number of other newsletters.
Ravenpig
Peen Taster

Post by Ravenpig »

^The previous two posts hit the nail right in the head.

I think.what's really bothering people is that they're "working on it" and we expect newsletters during this time period to contain updates.
Hey! Denty!
joeypants
Goderator

Post by joeypants »

Totally get that. I'd also really like more Tales From The Loft, but who wouldn't? Those were some of the best newsletters Blair's ever published.