Tool Stuff on eBay

Hotdog
Fanboi

Post by Hotdog »

Nice Nampa poster up, has 1 small flaw - 

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/TOOL-band-PO ... 26a&_uhb=1

These were on TA a couple years ago for around the same price.
bigboy55693
Geacon

Post by bigboy55693 »

$57 USD for shipping?  WTF, is it a golden tube or something?
aMAnAPlAnACaNalPaNamA
basejumper
Droner

Post by basejumper »

bigboy55693 said
$57 USD for shipping?  WTF, is it a golden tube or something?

The shipping is set for Australia... It was $11 to me on the East coast USA.
Professor of Lesbian Science
bigboy55693
Geacon

Post by bigboy55693 »

That is weird.  It is posted on the AU site, but says items location is Idaho.

Also whats with the "this must be shipped flat since the paper is super thick"

Never seen paper that is so thick that it can't be rolled into a 4" tube.
aMAnAPlAnACaNalPaNamA
Hotdog
Fanboi

Post by Hotdog »

I'm in Australia so that's why the link came up with huge postage. They are a little thicker than normal posters. Mine had roll creases from TA, they sent it in a small tube. Danny signed them all, i just checked, i paid $65 for it.
bigboy55693
Geacon

Post by bigboy55693 »

OIC, i thought eBay would change the information on my page, esp. since i had another ebay page open.  $11 to ship flat isnt too bad.
aMAnAPlAnACaNalPaNamA
bigboy55693
Geacon

Post by bigboy55693 »

Looks like that SOB Kyle Millar is at it again:

Fan art 2007 Oregon

A nice one that you don't see come up for sale too often:

2010 Kansas City 251/295
aMAnAPlAnACaNalPaNamA
Outsider
My pain is just an excuse

Post by Outsider »

^who is Kyle Millar?
Hotdog
Fanboi

Post by Hotdog »

TAoutsider said
^who is Kyle Millar?

He makes fake posters by the look of that!
ziggy23
Stink Wizard

Post by ziggy23 »

- You like noisy music?
- Yes. The louder the better. Stops me from thinking.
- You don't like to think? What do you like?
- Never thought about it.
badkittygothgirl
Stinkyfist

Post by badkittygothgirl »

Hahahahahahahahaha
Bogart
Geacon

Post by Bogart »

ziggy23 said
http://www.ebay.com/itm/TOOL-Opiate-201 ... 4d0cc82abb

I don't think this is going to sell for that price...
nudges710

Post by nudges710 »

Bogart said

ziggy23 said
http://www.ebay.com/itm/TOOL-Opiate-201 ... 4d0cc82abb

I don't think this is going to sell for that price...

lets break down the numbers: these sold for $965 plus 10 shipping. ebay takes 9% of your total sale and shipping which brings it down to 877. paypal takes 3% roughly, i believe, so now you are down to 848. take 10 off for shipping cost and your down to 838, sellers cost was 759 from tool including shipping. now were down to $79 profit andthe seller had their money tied up for months. i leave you with this... was it really worth it?
Toolboy
Maynard Believer

Post by Toolboy »

Nicely done man! a lot of people don't get the whole thing with ebay and all the fees and extra crap you have to deal with just to sell. I would say not worth the time for that guy!
bigboy55693
Geacon

Post by bigboy55693 »

EMEK fans rejoice!

A large cache of EMEK prints has been posted on the 'bay today.  Variants, foils, low numbers oh my!
aMAnAPlAnACaNalPaNamA
rgardjr

Post by rgardjr »

bigboy55693 said
EMEK fans rejoice!

A large cache of EMEK prints has been posted on the 'bay today.  Variants, foils, low numbers oh my!

Some pretty cool posters being sold by "worldchampionshipcollectibles" right now.  Reminded me that I have the poster from his Belgium poster show that reused the his first Tool Berlin 2001 poster that he sent me a while back.  Maybe I'll dig that one out and put it in a frame ...
bigboy55693
Geacon

Post by bigboy55693 »

Just wish I had a spare $2-3K lying around to get the cyberman foil, blood red berlin, and foil berlin.  <Sighs>

Rgardjr, got a picture of your 2001 handy, or already linkable on the net?
aMAnAPlAnACaNalPaNamA
rgardjr

Post by rgardjr »

bigboy55693 said 
Rgardjr, got a picture of your 2001 handy, or already linkable on the net?

Here is the regular edition of the poster:

And here is the original artwork and films:

ziggy23
Stink Wizard

Post by ziggy23 »

Tool Salival Autographed CD/DVD

US $1,313.13

What you see here is a official Tool Autographed copy of the Salival LP CD/DVD. It has been autographed by Maynard James Keenan and Danny Carey on the back outer cover, while Adam Jones and Justin Chancellor have autographed the inside booklet. In fact Adam Jones added his bite mark and BITE You.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Tool-Salival-Au ... 0931303877
- You like noisy music?
ziggy23
Stink Wizard

Post by ziggy23 »

TOOL VHS promos rare, lot of 7: Aenima Stinkfist Hush Prisonsex Live Oakland etc

http://www.ebay.com/itm/TOOL-VHS-promos ... 2ec85b3bf1
- You like noisy music?
bigboy55693
Geacon

Post by bigboy55693 »

@Rgardjr

Oh sweet jesus those are awesome.  How did you come to have him mail them to you?  Will you frame them in one or two frames?  I almost bought a deftones progressive set from Jermaine, but you have to be lighting quick on his website to get any of the good stuff.

What does the writing say on the lower right hand corners?

ziggy23 said

Tool Salival Autographed CD/DVD

US $1,313.13

What you see here is a official Tool Autographed copy of the Salival LP CD/DVD. It has been autographed by Maynard James Keenan and Danny Carey on the back outer cover, while Adam Jones and Justin Chancellor have autographed the inside booklet. In fact Adam Jones added his bite mark and BITE You.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Tool-Salival-Au ... 0931303877

Seems cool.  Especially if the used dildo's as a golden ticket prize doesn't pan out.  Another one of those "guess we have to take them for their word sales."  If I was the seller, I would try and get a hold of him and ask for confirmation that he did do the deed.  That would make the above asking price a little more legit.

And finally; I didn't expect the recent EMEK influx to go so high.  Most expensive print has been and still is the Cyberman foil @ $3052.  All in total with 1day 20 hrs left the seller is clearing $9105 for 7 prints.  Not too bad, not too bad.  See how this is going now with 2 days left I would not be surprised if he cleared 12-15K.

aMAnAPlAnACaNalPaNamA
basejumper
Droner

Post by basejumper »

bigboy55693 said

And finally; I didn't expect the recent EMEK influx to go so high.  Most expensive print has been and still is the Cyberman foil @ $3052.  All in total with 1day 20 hrs left the seller is clearing $9105 for 7 prints.  Not too bad, not too bad.  See how this is going now with 2 days left I would not be surprised if he cleared 12-15K.

Those are ridiculous prices....
Professor of Lesbian Science
rgardjr

Post by rgardjr »

bigboy55693 said
@Rgardjr

Oh sweet jesus those are awesome.  How did you come to have him mail them to you?  Will you frame them in one or two frames?  I almost bought a deftones progressive set from Jermaine, but you have to be lighting quick on his website to get any of the good stuff.

What does the writing say on the lower right hand corners?

I wasn't very clear in my post above.  Emek sent me a copy of the poster for his Belgium poster show that revised the artwork that he used in his 2001 Tool poster (The Ebay seller had a foil version of this for sale).  I bought the original artwork from Emek for the 2001 Tool poster.  He also included the films that were used to create the screens used to print the posters.  My understanding is that including the films is very unusual. Having the films makes reproducing the posters extremely easy and most artist destroy the films or keep them in their personal archives.  There used to be a how to section on his website showing how he created the 2001 Tool poster and a few others-I didn't see it on the current site, but hopefully this link will work:

http://web.archive.org/web/200804200847 ... _tool.html

I don't plan on framing the films-having two versions already framed is enough.  The writing on the original artwork simply states "original artwork"  he also wrote "hand cut rubylith" on it in another spot.  The films are stored away in my flat file so I'm not really sure what they say, but I'm sure it's just an explanation that they are the films for the poster.  Hand cutting rubylith for the most part has been supplanted by technology.  I'm pretty sure that most of the posters are reworked in illustrator and the separations are created with large format printers.  No need spend hours individually cutting out pieces of red plastic-Emek made a few comments to me about how much of a pain in the ass it was to do.
bigboy55693
Geacon

Post by bigboy55693 »

Thanks for clearing that up.  I was a little confused there for a sec.  I would agree that sending the films is odd, but maybe not so much back then when the print scene was really starting to build steam and not fully in the "we want to rip you off mode" that it is now-a-days (see Bill Mannspeaker). 

Have you thought of selling them before? Personally I wouldn't since they really are one of a kind, but  I bet they would get some good money on the 'bay if times got tight.  Have you thought I contacting EMEK to see if he is interested in a trade to get them back?  I.E. you get some mondo rare print from his archives for his returned films?

Also, thanks for the link on the print making process. I do remember seeing that on his site a long time ago, glad you could find it on an archive.

aMAnAPlAnACaNalPaNamA
sublime5446
Fanboi

Post by sublime5446 »

ziggy23 said
TOOL VHS promos rare, lot of 7: Aenima Stinkfist Hush Prisonsex Live Oakland etc

http://www.ebay.com/itm/TOOL-VHS-promos ... 2ec85b3bf1

I'm surprised nobody has asked about this Oakland live VHS supposedly from zoo entertainment.  I'm very curious if its legit.