QOTSA

Music in all its forms and styles
UndKeineZwEier
has a small dick

Post by UndKeineZwEier »

hellboy1975 said

UndKeineEier said 
Though to be honest there really aren't that many albums I know of coming out later this year.

I haven't really been keeping much of an eye on who is releasing what this year, but off the top of my head I can't think of many releases the rest of this year I'm really looking forward to.

No doubt there will be some surprises though - I do try and listen to a range of new albums, and to be honest the 8/10 I gave Like Clockwork indicates (to me at least) there's plenty of scope for another band to release a better album.  Won't be TesseracT though - couldn't get through 3 songs when listening to that album this morning. 

I haven't checked out TesseracT yet. I might sometime in the future, but we'll see. There are still a couple of albums that have already released that I still need to check out sometime, like Alice In Chains, Intronaut, and Kylesa.
Don't mow your lawn
N.Y.H.C.
Serial Thrilla

Post by N.Y.H.C. »

UndKeineEier said

hellboy1975 said

UndKeineEier said 
Though to be honest there really aren't that many albums I know of coming out later this year.

I haven't really been keeping much of an eye on who is releasing what this year, but off the top of my head I can't think of many releases the rest of this year I'm really looking forward to.

No doubt there will be some surprises though - I do try and listen to a range of new albums, and to be honest the 8/10 I gave Like Clockwork indicates (to me at least) there's plenty of scope for another band to release a better album.  Won't be TesseracT though - couldn't get through 3 songs when listening to that album this morning. 

I haven't checked out TesseracT yet. I might sometime in the future, but we'll see. There are still a couple of albums that have already released that I still need to check out sometime, like Alice In Chains, Intronaut, and Kylesa.

skip Alice In Chains, it was a let down.

Asteroids do not concern me, Admiral. I want that ship, not excuses.
petemasterpete
Lunchinator
Height: 7" (limp)

Post by petemasterpete »

UndKeineEier said

hellboy1975 said

UndKeineEier said 

NYHCster said

UndKeineEier said

hellboy1975 said

UndKeineEier said 

skip Alice In Chains, it was a let down.

I'd suggest skipping TesseracT, as well... that shit is horrible... HB's three songs was generous
well piss on my tits and tell me it's raining
hellboy
Site Admin
Height: 182cm

Post by hellboy »

The Kylesa album was good though!
UndKeineZwEier
has a small dick

Post by UndKeineZwEier »

I'll end up checking them all out at some point. I have a compulsion where if I think there's a remote chance of me liking something I have to check it out some point.
Don't mow your lawn
UndKeineZwEier
has a small dick

Post by UndKeineZwEier »

Kylesa is next on my list. It'll probably be awhile before I end up getting to Alice In Chains and Tesseract.
Don't mow your lawn
ziggy23
Stink Wizard

Post by ziggy23 »

http://www.spin.com/articles/queens-of- ... view-2013/

THE SPIN INTERVIEW: Queens of the Stone Age's Josh Homme
- You like noisy music?
- Yes. The louder the better. Stops me from thinking.
- You don't like to think? What do you like?
- Never thought about it.
ziggy23
Stink Wizard

Post by ziggy23 »

- You like noisy music?
petemasterpete
Lunchinator

Post by petemasterpete »

ziggy23 said
http://www.spin.com/articles/queens-of- ... view-2013/

THE SPIN INTERVIEW: Queens of the Stone Age's Josh Homme

solid interview
ziggy23
Stink Wizard

Post by ziggy23 »

- You like noisy music?
petemasterpete
Lunchinator

Post by petemasterpete »

Josh does acoustic cover of one of my favorite songs:

One Hundred Days
petemasterpete
Lunchinator

Post by petemasterpete »

15-20 minute interview segment starts around 19 minute mark... pretty funny

Davvda
My pain is just an excuse

Post by Davvda »

Check out Deafheaven's Sunbather aswell.
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

Davvda said

Seems like a quite random quote for the QOTSA thread (though I agree it's a good album worth checking out, especially if hipster black metal is your thing).
UndKeineZwEier
has a small dick

Post by UndKeineZwEier »

I assume it had to do with my talk of best albums of the year.

Black metal isn't really my thing, but I've heard good things about that album so I imagine I'll check it out eventually.
Don't mow your lawn
Pilgoid
Bronco's Fan

Post by Pilgoid »

It's alright this album, bit humdrum.
thesheedspot
My pain is just an excuse

Post by thesheedspot »

hellboy1975 said

Davvda said

Seems like a quite random quote for the QOTSA thread (though I agree it's a good album worth checking out, especially if hipster black metal is your thing).

i liked sunbather from the standpoint of the instruments, but my god, does anyone REALLY like vocals like that? or is it just like "oh yeah, this is so heavy and dark". bc imo, that album would be 100% better if it was just instrumental.

UndKeineZwEier
has a small dick

Post by UndKeineZwEier »

Don't mow your lawn
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

thesheedspot said

hellboy1975 said

Davvda said

i liked sunbather from the standpoint of the instruments, but my god, does anyone REALLY like vocals like that? or is it just like "oh yeah, this is so heavy and dark". bc imo, that album would be 100% better if it was just instrumental.

Nah, instrumental bands are a bit boring.  The vocal style suit the music, so I'm not sure what the issue is really.  I don't think anyone listening to those vocals thinks "oh yeah, this is so heavy and dark" like most of the detractors of that style seem to frequently suggest.
ziggy23
Stink Wizard

Post by ziggy23 »

JOSH HOMME HOPES NEXT QUEENS OF THE STONE AGE ALBUM WILL BE HAPPIER

Queens of the Stone Age released their latest opus, …Like Clockwork, last month to universal acclaim and strong sales. The album was a long time in the making, and band frontrunner Josh Homme brought in many friends to help along with the process, among them Alex Turner of the Arctic Monkeys.

Now Homme seems keen on returning the favor. Speaking with NME, Homme discussed his contribution to the Arctic Monkeys’ upcoming studio album and hinted at what is in store from the record. Speaking at the Rock For People festival at Hradec Kralove in the Czech Republic last weekend, Homme said: “I sang on the new Arctic Monkeys record. It’s a really cool, sexy after-midnight record. It’s called ‘AM’, so I guess that’s really obvious. And it’s really good. It’s really good. It’s not disco [as such], but it’s like a modern, dancefloor sexy record. It’s really good.”

Homme also confirmed that Queens are likely to follow-up ‘…Like Clockwork’ in quicker time than the six years it took to follow ‘Era Vulgaris’. But he said the band were keen to maintain an element of surprise: “One of the coolest things about doing this is to surprise people. It’s to come out of nowhere. The music world is almost like just a huge dark backdrop, and you wait for something shiny to come out that you wanna hold onto. And it’s gone so quickly.”

Homme continued: “You make a record and the initial excitement is there, and ideally you make a record that lasts and lasts and lasts, but you have no way of knowing if that’s gonna happen. And I think because we took six years we should jump in again. I don’t know what that is, but I never tell you exactly when that is because it’s part of what’s cool about this whole thing. This is a business of surprising and exciting people and making them forget what’s normal, and I would never ruin that by saying exactly when that moment is. But we will, and hopefully it’ll be [a] much happier… record.”

http://www.alternativenation.net/?p=29000
Last edited by ziggy23 on Tue Sep 03, 2013 10:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
- You like noisy music?
ziggy23
Stink Wizard

Post by ziggy23 »

[BBvideo 560,340][/BBvideo]
Last edited by ziggy23 on Tue Sep 03, 2013 10:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
- You like noisy music?
ziggy23
Stink Wizard

Re: QOTSA

Post by ziggy23 »

[BBvideo 560,340][/BBvideo]
- You like noisy music?
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

Nine Inch Nails Queens Of The Stone Age Co-Headline Tour Dates
with special guest Brody Dalle

Thursday, 6th March 2014
Sydney Entertainment Centre, Sydney – All Ages

Saturday, 8th March 2014
Newcastle Entertainment Centre, Newcastle – All Ages

Tuesday, 11th March 2014
Perth Arena, Perth – All Ages

Thursday, 13th March 2014
Adelaide Entertainment Centre Arena, Adelaide – All Ages

Friday, 14th March 2014
Rod Laver Arena, Melbourne – All Ages

Monday, 17th March 2014
Brisbane Entertainment Centre, Brisbane – All Ages

Wednesday 19th March 2014
Vector Arena, Auckland

Saturday 22nd March 2014
CBS Canterbury Arena, Christchurch

Tix:

Frontier Members pre-sale from 12 noon local time on Tuesday, 22nd October until 12 noon local time Wednesday, 23rd October (or earlier if pre-sale allocation exhausted)

General public on sale from 9am local time, Thursday 24 November

GA – $125.00
A reserve seats – $125.00
B reserve seats – $105.00
Tickets are surprisingly cheap!
Krazy_blah
Fornicraster

Post by Krazy_blah »

^^^ I don't know of you or anyone else plans on going, but if you definitely want tickets just sign up on nin.com and try to do their pre-sale.

You can only buy two tickets though (and there isn't any price advantage) and they're not transferable- very strict, so if plans fall apart and you can't go: you're fucked.
Generic triangle avatar lives on.
petemasterpete
Lunchinator

Post by petemasterpete »

Krazy_blah wrote:^^^ I don't know of you or anyone else plans on going, but if you definitely want tickets just sign up on nin.com and try to do their pre-sale.

You can only buy two tickets though (and there isn't any price advantage) and they're not transferable- very strict, so if plans fall apart and you can't go: you're fucked.
that's generally how I roll for nin shows ... worked out great in the past and they generally come with early entry to the venue if that's your thing