Album of the Week - Amigo De Fuego - Fragile Porcelain Mice

basejumper
Droner

Post by basejumper »

Enjoy!

My choice is a band no one has probably heard of as they were a local band when I was growing up. They rocked my socks off way back when! Great energy, unique sound and killer bass riffs!

Your ONLY Choice  - Fragile Porcelain Mice  - Amigo De Fuego

The link seems to want to start the album on 'concept of grief'

(which is their most popular song) but the 1st song should be 'straw'

Professor of Lesbian Science
Kittaan
Peen Taster

Post by Kittaan »

I'll leave the decision up to Hellboy, since it's his site and his idea for the Listener's Club... but if it was up to me, I'd say no.  Pick one and only one.  You'll get another shot later, in the next round, like the rest of us.
Ki77aan :twisted:
The Boss
LSDeeeeeee
Height: Not A Fucking Manlet

Post by The Boss »

Kittaan said
I'll leave the decision up to Hellboy, since it's his site and his idea for the Listener's Club... but if it was up to me, I'd say no.  Pick one and only one.  You'll get another shot later, in the next round, like the rest of us.

Yeah, for fuck sake. You had one fucking job to do: pick ONE album, and whore it out.

And also, because you chose fuckin' THE MUSIC, I won't be listening to either of them.

Retard.
O love will you read the letters I will send to you.
hellboy
Site Admin
Height: 182cm

Post by hellboy »

Yes, remove one and make sure the one removed is The Music please...
basejumper
Droner

Post by basejumper »

Haha!

You guys are great! I knew you would balk at this... If I didn't question the rules then it would just not be me!

PS-I can't change the topic heading.
Kittaan
Peen Taster

Post by Kittaan »

basejumper said
Haha!

You guys are great! I knew you would balk at this... If I didn't question the rules then it would just not be me!

PS-I can't change the topic heading.

Handled.  I take a listen this week.
basejumper
Droner

Post by basejumper »

Also can't get Iframes to take on this site... It's a wordpress friendly link but still no go.... says they are disallowed.

[bandcamp width=350 height=559 album=1288100997 size=large bgcol=333333 linkcol=0f91ff notracklist=false]

Busty McCracken

Post by Busty McCracken »

Great energy & Killer bass riffs ai?? Sounds right up my alley, will give this a bash after work tonight. 
Busty McCracken

Just finishing on track 6. I can imagine this band would've been one hell of a lot of fun to see live. Weren't kidding about the bass player either, has some great bass lines throughout. If I heard this 10 years ago I would shat myself with excitement & thrown my cash straight down to their $10 asking price for the album. Combination of being a bit older & broke, I'm 50/50 whether to buy it. Prob give it a miss, but a solid listen all the same. Cheers. 
basejumper
Droner

Post by basejumper »

Busty McCracken said
Just finishing on track 6. I can imagine this band would've been one hell of a lot of fun to see live. Weren't kidding about the bass player either, has some great bass lines throughout. If I heard this 10 years ago I would shat myself with excitement & thrown my cash straight down to their $10 asking price for the album. Combination of being a bit older & broke, I'm 50/50 whether to buy it. Prob give it a miss, but a solid listen all the same. Cheers. 

Cool, thanks for listening.

I guess you are saying that since you are older you just shat yourself instead of shitting and buying?
basejumper
Droner

Post by basejumper »

The Boss said

Yeah, for fuck sake. You had one fucking job to do: pick ONE album, and whore it out.

And also, because you chose fuckin' THE MUSIC, I won't be listening to either of them.

Retard.

Get over it you whiny baby! Just listen to the frickin album! You will be missing out if you don't.
Kittaan
Peen Taster

Post by Kittaan »

OK, Finally made it all the way through.  I think the fact that it took me so long says it all.  I wasn't into the vocals at all, and that killed it for me Base.  Sorry dude, just not my thing.
Ravenpig
Peen Taster

Post by Ravenpig »

Finally heard this.

Not my thing, at all. 

No rating.
Hey! Denty!
Busty McCracken

Chin up Base, I dug it.. These guys remind me of a band called Principal SPinach, who apart from having an awesome band name also, have a great bass player. Check em out mate. 

limeygringo
Green Herbsman

Post by limeygringo »

This album has me split right down the middle. The bass is definitley the standout and the guitar complements it very well at times. The vocals weren't that bad, but not amazing. Just kind of what you'd expect with a band like this. There were definitely a few moments that caught my attention, but nothing to really hook me.
Ahhh, Infotainment!
MOG
Scissorman

Post by MOG »

Production is terrible.  Sounds very much like an amateur band.  2/10

Hate being so hard on a pick, but it is really bad.  Sounds like a group of rather poor quality musicians got together in their garage and tried to record.  First amateur hour pick so far.

Again sorry for being hard on the pick but I think all of us have to be able to be completely honest or this doesn't work at all.
basejumper
Droner

Post by basejumper »

Sweet, glad some people actually listened to it. Thanks for that!

Obviously it's not for everyone as people have different tastes in music. I would have to agree that the vocals are a weaker point but I got past those long ago. As far as the production quality, I didn't make the pick because of the production quality, I made the choice because I like the tunes! And Mog, who are you to wave your finger and call someones pick amateur? Come on now, just because it's not your thing doesn't mean you are the expert and doesn't mean my choice is of any lesser quality and it certainly doesn't diminish my enjoyment of it.

Busty, I listened to pricipal spinach and didn't think they were too bad. I'll listen to some more in the future. I'll also get to you pick of the week soon. I have been offline and busy the last week.

cya
MOG
Scissorman

Post by MOG »

basejumper said

Obviously it's not for everyone as people have different tastes in music. I would have to agree that the vocals are a weaker point but I got past those long ago. As far as the production quality, I didn't make the pick because of the production quality, I made the choice because I like the tunes! And Mog, who are you to wave your finger and call someones pick amateur? Come on now, just because it's not your thing doesn't mean you are the expert and doesn't mean my choice is of any lesser quality and it certainly doesn't diminish my enjoyment of it.

Busty, I listened to pricipal spinach and didn't think they were too bad. I'll listen to some more in the future. I'll also get to you pick of the week soon. I have been offline and busy the last week.

cya

Dude read my post again.  I didn't say YOU were amateur nor did I insinuate that.  I was speaking to the band picked.  Relax.  If we can't be honest this shit doesn't work on any level.  Not all picks are created equal.  Don't take it personally.  I look forward to your next pick.
snazzlefrass
Shankdagger
Height: 7.5inches

Post by snazzlefrass »

Thanks for the pick. Not my thing.

Moving on.
SteveBobSteve
basejumper
Droner

Post by basejumper »

Mog of the Architect said

basejumper said

cya

Dude read my post again.  I didn't say YOU were amateur nor did I insinuate that.  I was speaking to the band picked.  Relax.  If we can't be honest this shit doesn't work on any level.  Not all picks are created equal.  Don't take it personally.  I look forward to your next pick.

I think there is a bit of miscommunication going on.

I'm not concerned about it or taking it personally, there's no reason for that. I still love you mog