Kanye West- Yeezus (6.18.13)

Music in all its forms and styles
The Boss
LSDeeeeeee
Height: Not A Fucking Manlet

Post by The Boss »

Maybe my fourth or fifth listen through, and I've got this pegged as Album Of The Year so far.

This just fucking rules. The trifecta starting with "Black Skinhead" is one of the best things I've heard in recent memory.

The guy is a genius.
O love will you read the letters I will send to you.
not tyson
Grammy Winner
Height: 186cm

Post by not tyson »

Just heard Bound 2 on the radio, first thoughts, atrocious.
not tyson
Grammy Winner

Post by not tyson »

The Boss
LSDeeeeeee

Post by The Boss »

Tyson said
Just heard Bound 2 on the radio, first thoughts, atrocious.

That is literally the worst track on the album.

thesheedspot
My pain is just an excuse

Post by thesheedspot »

i dont really mind bound 2. sounds like something that was left over from another album session rather than this one, though. overall, i agree with most of whats been said. its really solid. the first 4 tracks in a row kill. listening to it w headphones (not shitty earbuds) on changes the game significantly, esp the two daft punk produced tracks. i also am not a big fan of im in it. its gonna be in my car all summer long, i know that. you can pretty much sum up whats about to happen w this album w an old kanye quote "haters start your engines, i hear em gearin up"
Kittaan
Peen Taster

Post by Kittaan »

Listened to the YouTube stream a couple of times while working over the last couple of days.  It was more musical than I anticipated from the SNL clips, and I found it somewhat entertaining.  However, I would likely not listen again and certainly wouldn't lay down any dirty dollars for it.  

I don't feel like that's "hating", I gave it a fair shot and it didn't do that much for me.
Ki77aan :twisted:
thesheedspot
My pain is just an excuse

Post by thesheedspot »

^ wow i would actually like to sincerely congratulate you on giving the internet its first neutral review of yeezus. touche.
N.Y.H.C.
Serial Thrilla

Post by N.Y.H.C. »

"Bound 2" is the shit, stop playin. "Blood On The Leaves" is excellent. the first track "On Sight" is as experimental as I've heard him.
Asteroids do not concern me, Admiral. I want that ship, not excuses.
not tyson
Grammy Winner

Post by not tyson »

Wrote this somewhere drunk last night, spelling mistakes and all:

Finally got some time to listen to this and it's fucking amazing. I honestly was worried from the snippets i heard i was looking at the emperors new clothes type release, yet sitting back and injesting this it's fucking cray. It's no mbdtf but what is, his sgt's pepper moment for hip hop, hell he has trancended hip hop, he's creating something beyond labels right now, he has no comtemparies, he's like dali, creating an absurdist movement, but instead of through painting, through music. 9.6/10

Also Vernon once again is used to maxium on this album, both Kayne and Justin are the most artistic guys running in music today. I love how it's mainly a throw back to 808's, an album i personally loved but was critically panned, but now these same critics suddenly become cultrual revisionists and claim they loved it the whole time, eat me
UndKeineZwEier
has a small dick

Post by UndKeineZwEier »

Kanye lyric or Lucille Bluth quote?
Don't mow your lawn
The Boss
LSDeeeeeee

Post by The Boss »

Tyson said

Finally got some time to listen to this and it's fucking amazing. I honestly was worried from the snippets i heard i was looking at the emperors new clothes type release, yet sitting back and injesting this it's fucking cray. It's no mbdtf but what is, his sgt's pepper moment for hip hop, hell he has trancended hip hop, he's creating something beyond labels right now, he has no comtemparies, he's like dali, creating an absurdist movement, but instead of through painting, through music. 9.6/10

Also Vernon once again is used to maxium on this album, both Kayne and Justin are the most artistic guys running in music today. I love how it's mainly a throw back to 808's, an album i personally loved but was critically panned, but now these same critics suddenly become cultrual revisionists and claim they loved it the whole time, eat me

I wish all hip hop/rap sounded like this album.

Kittaan
Peen Taster

Post by Kittaan »

UndKeineEier said
Kanye lyric or Lucille Bluth quote?

Nice.
not tyson
Grammy Winner

Post by not tyson »

The Boss said

Tyson said

I wish all hip hop/rap sounded like this album.

toolboogie
Bronco's Fan

Post by toolboogie »

Believe it or not, this was my first time listening to a Kanye album and therefore had no expectations, went in 'blind'. Maybe I'm missing something (I listened to the whole album), but I'm not impressed at all. To me, this ain't rap, and I've been listening to rap music for well over 2,5 decades. Again, maybe there's some 'information' I should know before judging... 
Kittaan
Peen Taster

Post by Kittaan »

toolboogie said
Believe it or not, this was my first time listening to a Kanye album and therefore had no expectations, went in 'blind'. Maybe I'm missing something (I listened to the whole album), but I'm not impressed at all. To me, this ain't rap, and I've been listening to rap music for well over 2,5 decades. Again, maybe there's some 'information' I should know before judging... 

Nope, don't think so.  Not likely any additional info would change your opinion.
hellboy
Site Admin
Height: 182cm

Post by hellboy »

toolboogie said

Actually, your statement sums up why Kanye is actually worth listening to from time to time - his music doesn't sound like the same old tired James Brown sampling rap that's been released for the last 25 years.
not tyson
Grammy Winner

Post by not tyson »

He named his daughter north west
Bogart
Geacon

Post by Bogart »

Tyson said
He named his daughter north west

I just saw this on Twitter...the fuck?
The Boss
LSDeeeeeee

Post by The Boss »

North is a dude's name.

Kittaan
Peen Taster

Post by Kittaan »

There was a later Tweet.  North is her MIDDLE name.  FIRST name: Pacific.

No lie.  Dude loves Grunge.
UndKeineZwEier
has a small dick

Post by UndKeineZwEier »

I hope people start referring to Kim Kardashian's vagina as the Northwest Passage.
Don't mow your lawn
not tyson
Grammy Winner

Post by not tyson »

Pretty much relates to everyone in this thread (except me)

hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

Tyson said

Please, let us know all the other experimental hip hop albums you've listened to.

Bogart
Geacon

Post by Bogart »

Tyson said

Nah bruh- Im a hip hop head.

Check out Madvillian- Madvilliany hellboy
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

Bogart said

Tyson said

Nah bruh- Im a hip hop head.

Check out Madvillian- Madvilliany hellboy

Already have that in my collection.  Not sure it counts as experimental hip hop though.  Not really sure that I think Kanye counts either to be honest.