Listening Party . . .

The Main Event
The Boss
LSDeeeeeee
Height: Not A Fucking Manlet

Post by The Boss »

Absolutely nuts idea, but would anyone be up for a listening party of literally any TOOL album together - in the shape of a synchtube, or whatever?

It's been a while since a lot of us have perhaps really listened to a TOOL album, so maybe it might be nice for us to all get together and take a trip down memory lane. Share comments, do cyber highfives over the TOOLgasm, and whatnot.

It might be nice, in the sense that it could make us realise why we're a community in the first place: the shared love for a band that was both once amazing (is amazing), and can be amazing again.

Just an idea.
O love will you read the letters I will send to you.
Ravenpig
Peen Taster

Post by Ravenpig »

I'd be down.  And I'll even start off with this little nugget even though this album hasn't been chosen or anything. 

3:40 to 4:15 is absolute music PERFECTION. 

Hey! Denty!
The Boss
LSDeeeeeee

Post by The Boss »

Perfection. Hearing "The Grudge" crank out in Sydney all those years ago is something I'll never forget.

I'm not real savvy on the whole video-music-social thing, so if the Mightiest of Bois from Hell thinks that this is a good idea, then maybe something might happen.

Two goes, too. Southern/Eastern, then Western, of course.
MOG
Scissorman

Post by MOG »

The Boss said
Absolutely nuts idea, but would anyone be up for a listening party of literally any TOOL album together - in the shape of a synchtube, or whatever?

It's been a while since a lot of us have perhaps really listened to a TOOL album, so maybe it might be nice for us to all get together and take a trip down memory lane. Share comments, do cyber highfives over the TOOLgasm, and whatnot.

It might be nice, in the sense that it could make us realise why we're a community in the first place: the shared love for a band that was both once amazing (is amazing), and can be amazing again.

Just an idea.

Can we jerk each other off?  That's always fun.

Would love to hang out with you whores but I have no interest in listening to a Tool album right now. 

Now if we did a Sleep listening party, say, Dopesmoker, I would be all over that.

Ravenpig
Peen Taster

Post by Ravenpig »

The Boss said
Perfection. Hearing "The Grudge" crank out in Sydney all those years ago is something I'll never forget.

I got to see them play it a couple of times back in the day.  Great fucking memories.  That May Jay was EVER able to sing it live (and incredibly so) is unbelievable.

Two little random memories of them playing this song:

1. First time I heard it, RIGHT before they started playing it some dude yelled out "YEAAAA THE GRUDGE!" and it kicked right up.  He obviously had knowledge of the setlist but the way it went down was very fucking cool.  Perfectly timed.  So much so that I remember it 11 years later very clearly.

2. At the end of this same show I asked one of the friends I went with, who likes Tool but probably wouldn't have them in his top 5, what he thought of the show and he said, "That voice.  I can't believe that voice.  Especially during The Grudge." 
Hey! Denty!
Kittaan
Peen Taster

Post by Kittaan »

My first time seeing The Grudge live was in August, 2001 on the pre-seminal Lateralus tour in Berkeley.  They opened with it and it blew my fucking socks off.  If I had a time machine, that would definitely be a stop I'd make.  What a show.

Set list (with somebody's notes from ToolShed):

1. The Grudge

2. Stinkfist (original version with new verse and new guitar lick)

3. 46 and 2

4. Parabola (no parabol)

5. Schism (maynard with guitar)

6. Eulogy (extented ending)

7. Disposition (maynard with guitar)

8. Reflection (at the end where adam is just playing robert fripp came on and played with him, this was an amazing moment between these incredible artists. its incredible to see this evolve over the tour.) intermission (more fripp and salival man)

9. Sober

10. Pushit (slow with extended build up in the middle)

11. Opiate

12. Lateralus
Ki77aan :twisted:
James
Fanboi

Post by James »

I would love to take part in this, I rarely have the opportunity to listen to Tool with other fans and discuss.
Kittaan
Peen Taster

Post by Kittaan »

Lateralus Full Album starting in about 5 minutes.  

http://synchtube.6irc.net/r/fourtheye
UndKeineZwEier
has a small dick

Post by UndKeineZwEier »

NP: The Patient
Don't mow your lawn
hellboy
Site Admin
Height: 182cm

Post by hellboy »

Depending on when this happened I'd be down.  Personally I think we should do listening parties for the albums of the week too.
markuspoop
Oddfellow

Post by markuspoop »

hellboy1975 said
Depending on when this happened I'd be down.  Personally I think we should do listening parties for the albums of the week too.

I'd like this idea alot.
I like to poop naked.
The Boss
LSDeeeeeee

Post by The Boss »

As I said, we would do two: One for Eastern/Southern, and the other for Western (well, America).

I know, I don't bother reading most of what other people write, either.
Kittaan
Peen Taster

Post by Kittaan »

You guys gotta check out the full Lateralus vid I put up on Synchtube earlier.  I'm there listening to this with UKE, and right around the 35 minute mark, some god-awful racket starts up.  The fucker actually spliced some really crappy wannabe Tool clip right in there.  Very amusing.  Oh, by the way, Happy Birthday to me!

'][' [[]] [[]] ][,
RIP

Post by '][' [[]] [[]] ][, »

^ Haahaa!  That was pretty wack.  That riff is a total ripoff of that Chevelle song Red or whatever its called.

Lizbet
Bronco's Fan

Post by Lizbet »

Kittaan said
You guys gotta check out the full Lateralus vid I put up on Synchtube earlier.  I'm there listening to this with UKE, and right around the 35 minute mark, some god-awful racket starts up.  The fucker actually spliced some really crappy wannabe Tool clip right in there.  Very amusing.  Oh, by the way, Happy Birthday to me!

Happy birthday to you indeed. I knew it was coming and Hellboy was far to slow off the mark with the info. Slap, slap!

Hope you celebrated in style mate. xxx

Kittaan
Peen Taster

Post by Kittaan »

Thanks Liz!  How was your dinner with the Hellboy?
The Boss
LSDeeeeeee

Post by The Boss »

Kittaan said

My apologies for wishing you a late "happy birthday", but here they are anyway.

I think you're a right-on dude, and nothing makes me happier than knowing that you spent the anniversary of your birth in love, peace, and happiness.

All the very best, my friend. You rock.

petemasterpete
Lunchinator
Height: 7" (limp)

Post by petemasterpete »

yeah man, happy birthday, kittaan... I wish you all the good things in life that an old man of your regrettable stature aspires to and deserves... like syphilis, dementia and erectile dysfunction in addition to your 'leakage' issue 
well piss on my tits and tell me it's raining
MOG
Scissorman

Post by MOG »

Kittaan said

Happy birthday dude

Busty McCracken

Post by Busty McCracken »

Happiest of birthdays to ya mate.. Hope ya had a top day! 

And hey Liz..
Kittaan
Peen Taster

Post by Kittaan »

Ah, it warms my crusty ol' heart to read the above.  Thank you all, my internet compadres!

I had a very enjoyable day, after a light work day.  When the wife got home, we took a nice long walk into town with the kid to try this ritzy French restaurant I had been eyeing for some time.  We chowed down with abandon, while enjoying the live jazz piano (dude was talented) and then had a leisurely stroll back home in the moonlight, stopping for a bit of desert to celebrate the day.  Very mellow, befitting an hombre of my advanced age.  

But next year, we are going to party with a vengeance!!!  Not really.  I'm a boring old fuck.

Thanks again, guys.  Nice of you.