3 True
4 False
5 True
6 False
7 True
8 Probably True
9 False
10 False
11 False Thought it was on the tour bus for Aenima?
12 Definitely True
13 False
14 This is probably true
15 Probably false
16 Sounds like Maynard... true
17 Sounds true?
18 No I don't think so... false
19 Doubt they'll put a cover song on one of their albums... false
20 Probably True
21 Probably true
22 True
23 True
Ettan
Fanboi

Post by Ettan »

Maynardism from late 2002 tour: By the way.. We're recording tonight. I found this while browsing my tool drive. If this is true, we'll get the worst possible live CD ever. All our expectations would be dead after listening the first song. Those performances is poop, they suck tbh. 
thesheedspot
My pain is just an excuse

Post by thesheedspot »

^ hahaha classic! "worst possible live cd EVER" and yet, you have an entire hard drive filled with these shows? thanks for reminding me why i stopped reading this forum as much. i came here bc i thought the new newsletter was actually kind of cool, as in related to the band and not 100% impossible to read esoteric garbage about some random LA band or taco stand, but was in no way surprised to find this totally unfounded pessimism.
Ettan
Fanboi

Post by Ettan »

thesheedspot said
^ hahaha classic! "worst possible live cd EVER" and yet, you have an entire hard drive filled with these shows? thanks for reminding me why i stopped reading this forum as much. i came here bc i thought the new newsletter was actually kind of cool, as in related to the band and not 100% impossible to read esoteric garbage about some random LA band or taco stand, but was in no way surprised to find this totally unfounded pessimism.

No problem mate, glad to help you out! 
Ravenpig
Peen Taster

Post by Ravenpig »

thesheedspot said

The response to the newsletter has been pretty positive, because it's a fun newsletter.  Ettan was talking about a show he attended.

It's all cool man.  This newsletter is damn fun.  I'd love to know the actual answers, especially number 1 and the new album ones.

Hey! Denty!
demmons
Maynard Believer

Post by demmons »

Bens Chili Bowl, for the win.
Bogart
Geacon

Post by Bogart »

19...cover a song on their new record...Could this be a hint that there might be a Salival tye of release before the new album? Technically, if we received something like that, that would be their next record.
Ravenpig
Peen Taster

Post by Ravenpig »

I'm gonna take a wild guess and say that the vast majority of us would be just fine with a Salival 2 type release.
Hey! Denty!
budsyralli
Fornicraster
Height: this tall

Post by budsyralli »

I would

go taff!
Bogart
Geacon

Post by Bogart »

I think it's going to happen. An album with a few live tracks and maybe a cover or 2. I also think "The Pot" video will be thrown into the mix.

I'm really hoping they give us some other release before the album drops. The Opiate re-issue was pretty nice, but i'd love to see something with some new music of some sort. A Salival type of release would fill this void and shut us up for a while...at least a few days
Ravenpig
Peen Taster

Post by Ravenpig »

Maybe its the curve ball he mentioned.
Hey! Denty!
bob
Toast

Post by bob »

ya, it was fun enough that i made a txt and answered the questions and emailed them to Blair. a lot of them u CANT know from just logic though. so i used some pure logic on some and intution on others. same old b.s though really when it comes down to it. although this one was more fun then normal.

ah well! haha
joeypants
Goderator

Post by joeypants »

Listening to that Dust song, it actually seems feasible and I want to hear it now. I'm sure it's not happening though. 
demmons
Maynard Believer

Post by demmons »

@ Ettan saying the '02 tour is poop.. clown shoes man. clown shoes. GTFO
aenimal
Fanboi

Post by aenimal »

i think all the quiz answers are true, personally...bmb sez not to misread the "questions" ...and i also think they're probably gonna release a "salival II"-type thing before the new album comes out, with that cover song, the pot vid, etc
Ravenpig
Peen Taster

Post by Ravenpig »

They aren't all true. "A Perfect Circle" came from the lyrics in Orestes and May Jay is the big Joni Mitchell fan. Though I suppose that doesn't mean Danny couldn't b e either. Those are just a couple of examples.
Hey! Denty!
doors
Metalologist

Post by doors »

Danny was a session drummer for Joni Mitchel.
Ravenpig
Peen Taster

Post by Ravenpig »

You're thinking of Carole King, not Joni Mitchell.
Hey! Denty!
hellboy
Site Admin
Height: 182cm

Post by hellboy »

Ravenpig said

Yeah, I think you're right - I don't remember reading anything about Danny recording with Joni.

I don't think it would come as a surprise to many that both Danny and Maynard liked Joni's work.
doors
Metalologist

Post by doors »

Ravenpig said

Yes, that's the one.

Ettan
Fanboi

Post by Ettan »

demmons said
@ Ettan saying the '02 tour is poop.. clown shoes man. clown shoes. GTFO

Nope. I refered from a guy who commented before me. He commented something like this: Tool recorded like 6 shows at THE END OF the 02 tour. 

THE END OF the 02 is poop compared to the beginning of the tour. Don't deny. 
cultiv8420
Bronco's Fan

Post by cultiv8420 »

For anyone interested in learning more about question #6, watch the fascinating documentary titled "Resurrect Dead: The Mystery of the Toynbee Tiles" (available on Instant Netflix) to learn more about the Toynbee Tiles. The documentary gives evidence that the "tiler" is thought to be a man using the name James Morasco (real name Severino), and gives no mention of a man named Tyler. Also, no mention of freemasonry from what I remember.
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1787791/
Ravenpig
Peen Taster

Post by Ravenpig »

Just heard that Dust song (pretty good by the way) and I could see Tool covering it. Though I don't think they'd put it on a new album, perhaps another Salival type release, as previously speculated.
Hey! Denty!
tiresias
Has been

Post by tiresias »

I was at the last show of the 02 tour at the Long Beach Arena, and I have to say it was one of the best shows I have ever seen Tool play. I put it right up there with the King Crimson Show w/Tool in Berkeley in 2001. I think they were excited it was the end of the Lateralus tour because they brought down the house. It was also one of the only times they played Third Eye on the tour. Maynard was painted head to toe with orange spots and the GA section was out of control.
“Casual Fan”
sublime5446
Fanboi

Post by sublime5446 »

I don't see why they haven't done another salival type release.  It would be so easy for them to do it's crazy, and it would solve so many problems for them. I'm sure there feeling some pressure, they're getting old, and it's new territory for them I suppose, they've never taken so long between albums.  Why not ease some of that pressure, satisfy your fans , and freshen up the set list you've been touring for 7years.