Whatcha reading?

Physical media such as books, comics and other artwork
Kittaan
Peen Taster

Post by Kittaan »

It was compiled/written around a hundred years ago, though you wouldn't know it.

Hmmm.  The author's name might give you a bit of a clue.  How many dudes these days have you encountered with the name "Manly".  
Ki77aan :twisted:
hellboy
Site Admin
Height: 182cm

Post by hellboy »

Riding Rockets: The Outrageous Tales of a Space Shuttle Astronaut by Mike Mullane

Pretty interesting autobiography about an Space Shuttle astronaut.  Well worth reading if space program is of any interest to you...

UndKeineZwEier
has a small dick

Post by UndKeineZwEier »

hellboy1975 said
Riding Rockets

The Boss said

by Manly P. Hall

Don't mow your lawn
gamebounty
RIP

Post by gamebounty »

The Boss said

basejumper said

The Boss said

THE SECRET TEACHINGS OF ALL AGES
by Manly P. Hall

http://www.sacred-texts.com/eso/sta/

You're welcome.

I've got it on my Android, and I tend to read books that way while I'm at work or travelling or whatever. It's one of the few books that I've found that I'm reading it every chance I get, pretty much, outside of the aforementioned times.

Pretty sure I've mentioned this before, come to think of it. De ja vu, or whatnot . . .

EDIT: I'm up to Alchemy, which means I'm further through this thing than I thought. Which makes me sad.

I've had that book in my library for a few years but have yet to get into it. I go through spells where I get a few books on a particular subject and not get through them before going on to another subject. I need to get to this one as I remember it intriguing me very much at the time. Thanks for the reminder....

No problem. It was compiled/written around a hundred years ago, though you wouldn't know it.

I've been wanting to read that for awhile. I enjoy his lectures, and he actually made me re-evaluate my ideas on freemasons.

"The whole world seems to have gone full gay retard" -petemasterpete
The Boss
LSDeeeeeee
Height: Not A Fucking Manlet

Post by The Boss »

Mogonaut said
Neil Gaiman - Neverwhere (Re-read) - Seeing as Gaiman's latest offering The Ocean at the End of the Lane will be out in about a week I figured I would re-read one of his classics.

Throw on the ol' eyepatch and track down the TV mini-series. You'll be pleasantly surprised, although it was noticeably shot on a budget.

O love will you read the letters I will send to you.
N.Y.H.C.
Serial Thrilla

Post by N.Y.H.C. »

Tyson what's your home address? I ordered this one for you on Amazon and I know how you love paperbacks

Asteroids do not concern me, Admiral. I want that ship, not excuses.
Bobage
Maynard Believer

Post by Bobage »

I just started book 3 of Game of Thrones.  This series is most entertaining.  Nothing new under the sun in the fantasy genre, but George Martin gets it right. 
Kittaan
Peen Taster

Post by Kittaan »

Bobage said
I just started book 3 of Game of Thrones.  This series is most entertaining.  Nothing new under the sun in the fantasy genre, but George Martin gets it right. 

Yo!  Nice to see you back dude.  Love those books.  But be prepared for a lot of frustration, waiting for that fat fucker to put out the next book.  As I've said before, I hope he finishes it before he dies.  Or I do.  Definitely the Tool of literature.
Ki77aan :twisted:
Bobage
Maynard Believer

Post by Bobage »

Kittaan said

Bobage said

Yo!  Nice to see you back dude.  Love those books.  But be prepared for a lot of frustration, waiting for that fat fucker to put out the next book.  As I've said before, I hope he finishes it before he dies.  Or I do.  Definitely the Tool of literature.

Greetings brother!  Loving this series so far.  Martin is such a sick, twisted fuck and it offends me in the most arousing of ways.  I can't recall an author in recent memory who more readily wipes his ass using a character with whom he has taken so much time to make the reader intimate.  No one is safe.  Agreed, get your fat ass writing George and don't leave me hanging!
N.Y.H.C.
Serial Thrilla

Post by N.Y.H.C. »

anyone else excited for "Dr. Sleep"? September 24th, 2013.
UndKeineZwEier
has a small dick

Post by UndKeineZwEier »

NYHCster said

If there was a Stephen King book that needed a sequel, The Shining was not it.

Don't mow your lawn
N.Y.H.C.
Serial Thrilla

Post by N.Y.H.C. »

UndKeineEier said

NYHCster said

If there was a Stephen King book that needed a sequel, The Shining was not it.

soooooo does that mean you won't pick it up when it comes out?

UndKeineZwEier
has a small dick

Post by UndKeineZwEier »

Maybe, maybe not.
Don't mow your lawn
UndKeineZwEier
has a small dick

Post by UndKeineZwEier »

Picked up the first Witcher book.

His name is actually Geralt De Rivia, I guess they decided to dumb it down for the game.
Don't mow your lawn
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

UndKeineEier said
Picked up the first Witcher book.

His name is actually Geralt De Rivia, I guess they decided to dumb it down for the game.

I tried reading the Witcher books - I found them to be a little boring.
joeypants
Goderator

Post by joeypants »

From Hell (for the 2nd time). Man, this book is so great. I remember it being really difficult to begin when I first read it. It takes a couple of chapters to really grab you I think but once it does... damn. Alan Moore really is a master. Highly recommend each and every one of his works. 
N.Y.H.C.
Serial Thrilla

Post by N.Y.H.C. »

joeypants said
From Hell (for the 2nd time). Man, this book is so great. I remember it being really difficult to begin when I first read it. It takes a couple of chapters to really grab you I think but once it does... damn. Alan Moore really is a master. Highly recommend each and every one of his works. 

this is the dude that created "Watchmen", right? I think he only wrote one novel, did you ever read it?

UndKeineZwEier
has a small dick

Post by UndKeineZwEier »

Did anybody ever read And Another Thing?

It was the sixth Hitchhiker's Guide To The Galaxy book, written by Eoin Colfer. It came out a couple of years back.
Don't mow your lawn
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

N.Y.H.C. said

joeypants said

this is the dude that created "Watchmen", right? I think he only wrote one novel, did you ever read it?

Alan Moore has written a whole bunch of stuff you're likely to know, such as V is for Vendetta and The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen
joeypants
Goderator

Post by joeypants »

His Swamp Thing run is amazing. 
N.Y.H.C.
Serial Thrilla

Post by N.Y.H.C. »

wow he did all that? amazing dude. damn. what a fantastic mind
thesheedspot
My pain is just an excuse

Post by thesheedspot »

just finished "the curse of lono" by hunter s. thompson. very good stuff if you enjoy the good dr. and the illustrations throughout the book by his buddy ralph steadman really add a nice element to the story. 

started reading "nemesis" by philip roth just this weekend since it fucking rains non stop now
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

Reading The Godfather at the moment.  Expected it to be a reasonably heavy book, but it's surprisingly readable.  Excellent so far.
The Boss
LSDeeeeeee
Height: Not A Fucking Manlet

Post by The Boss »

The Illuminatus! Trilogy
O love will you read the letters I will send to you.
UndKeineZwEier
has a small dick

Post by UndKeineZwEier »

hellboy1975 said
Reading The Godfather at the moment.  Expected it to be a reasonably heavy book, but it's surprisingly readable.  Excellent so far.

Yeah when I first picked that up and discovered the first chapter was 80 pages long I was not expecting it to be as readable as it was.

Don't mow your lawn