TOOL Poster Trade Thread

nudges710
My pain is just an excuse

Post by nudges710 »

anybody have a signed saskatchewan or vancouver they are willing to trade?
brewdog123
RIP

Post by brewdog123 »

I have an emek tool Denver print, the cyber man print I want to trade for a maynard grapes of bath print. My emek print has a couple of flaws in it, but in great condition. Lets make a deal!
James
Fanboi

Post by James »

jabuddha said

Ravenpig said
A sort of random thought:

I totally regret not buying the Dallas night one poster last year.  I freaking loved it.

Yea, that sucks. I was at night 2 and had to talk myself into getting the night one poster too. Glad I did.

Anyone know a ballpark of what the Dallas 2012 set might go for at this point? Night 1 signed?

I'm not looking to sell them, but I don't know a thing about poster trading and this is interesting to me.

SHbassGTR
Maynard Believer

Post by SHbassGTR »

I actually just traded a signed Dallas 2012 night 2 for a signed Dallas 2009. I got posters at all 3 shows (unsigned 09 and night 1 and a signed night 2) but never really cared for the 2012 set. I'm not sure what I'll be doing with my unsigned night 1 and unsigned 09. I'm open to offers if anybody is interested. I would prefer a trade but cash is always nice too!
rzrbck79
Maynard Believer

Post by rzrbck79 »

SHbassGTR said
I actually just traded a signed Dallas 2012 night 2 for a signed Dallas 2009. I got posters at all 3 shows (unsigned 09 and night 1 and a signed night 2) but never really cared for the 2012 set. I'm not sure what I'll be doing with my unsigned night 1 and unsigned 09. I'm open to offers if anybody is interested. I would prefer a trade but cash is always nice too!

Dallas 2009 is the only poster I'm missing. Not sure if I have anything of trade value, but would definitely pay you cash. Would also pay nicely for the signed copy. 
rzrbck79
Maynard Believer

Post by rzrbck79 »

James said

jabuddha said

Ravenpig said
A sort of random thought:

I totally regret not buying the Dallas night one poster last year.  I freaking loved it.

Yea, that sucks. I was at night 2 and had to talk myself into getting the night one poster too. Glad I did.

Anyone know a ballpark of what the Dallas 2012 set might go for at this point? Night 1 signed?

I'm not looking to sell them, but I don't know a thing about poster trading and this is interesting to me.

I have both nights signed and framed together and will never part ways with them, but their worth IMO would be in the $450 range. Signed posters at the shows were $130. 
basejumper
Droner

Post by basejumper »

brewdog123 said
I have an emek tool Denver print, the cyber man print I want to trade for a maynard grapes of bath print. My emek print has a couple of flaws in it, but in great condition. Lets make a deal!

What are the flaws?

Professor of Lesbian Science
rzrbck79
Maynard Believer

Post by rzrbck79 »

Looking to buy or trade for a Southaven 2007.
brewdog123
RIP

Post by brewdog123 »

basejumper said

brewdog123 said

What are the flaws?

There is some very small creasing that is not very evident on the front of the print near and above the cyberman. The corners are surprisingly sharp and there is just minimal wear on the edges. The main problem with the print is that there is a very faint scuffing in the black background in an area.  Saying all that, it really looks great and I can send photos on request and i value this print even with the flaws as pretty valuable (perhaps of equal value..) to the Grapes of Bath print

tool denver 06
http://www.expressobeans.com/public/detail.php/37073

basejumper
Droner

Post by basejumper »

brewdog123 said

basejumper said

brewdog123 said

What are the flaws?

There is some very small creasing that is not very evident on the front of the print near and above the cyberman. The corners are surprisingly sharp and there is just minimal wear on the edges. The main problem with the print is that there is a very faint scuffing in the black background in an area.  Saying all that, it really looks great and I can send photos on request and i value this print even with the flaws as pretty valuable (perhaps of equal value..) to the Grapes of Bath print

tool denver 06
http://www.expressobeans.com/public/detail.php/37073

Thanks for the reply.

Even though I agree that this print is somewhat valuable, the flaws it has, as with anything worth collecting, determine it's value and not so much the item itself. In any case, I would like to see some photos of it.

I don't personally have a copy of the 'Grapes' print but I may be able to talk someone into getting rid of theirs and was hoping to trade it.
brewdog123
RIP

Post by brewdog123 »

here are some subpar iphone pics.  the scuffing really is very faint and you have to get in the right light angle to really see it. small crease on side, as shown in last pic  again, hoping to get a grapes of bath print.  Lets make a deal!

basejumper
Droner

Post by basejumper »

Brewdog, probably not interested in the trade. I usually like to get prints that don't have visible flaws. thanks though.

However, that being said I still may be able to talk my friend into selling their Grapes of Bath print. They said the only flaws in it are 4 pin holes where they hung it up. It beats me why anyone would spend that kind of money for something and then use tacks to display it!

Anyway, let me know if you want me to try to get them to sell.
brewdog123
RIP

Post by brewdog123 »

basejumper said
Brewdog, probably not interested in the trade. I usually like to get prints that don't have visible flaws. thanks though.

However, that being said I still may be able to talk my friend into selling their Grapes of Bath print. They said the only flaws in it are 4 pin holes where they hung it up. It beats me why anyone would spend that kind of money for something and then use tacks to display it!

Anyway, let me know if you want me to try to get them to sell.

check your messages
chair
Bronco's Fan

Post by chair »

basejumper said
They said that the only visible flaws are four pin holes where they hung it up.

Oh. God.

Yahoo Slurp [Bot]
Maynard Believer

Post by Yahoo Slurp [Bot] »

I have an extra copy of the first Auckland fish poster, keen to trade for the second night. Anyone help me out? Kicking myself for not going both nights
nudges710
My pain is just an excuse

Post by nudges710 »

looking to trade a signed kansas city 2010 for another signed 2010, pm me with offers
glorybox
Maynard Believer

Re: TOOL Poster Trade Thread

Post by glorybox »

X-post from the Tours thread... If anyone who is going to the ATX show on 3/24 would be so kind as to pick up a poster for me, I would be MUCH obliged! Austin is my hometown and I'm super bummed I won't be able to go. PM me here or email me at curiousmetalmonkey@gmail.com.

Thanks!!
basejumper
Droner

Post by basejumper »

Would anyone care to pick me up some posters from this tour? Any dates are ok.

Thanks, much appreciated.
Good Karma coming your way :)
bigboy55693
Geacon

Post by bigboy55693 »

basejumper wrote:.

I'm only going to Cedar Park, but I planned on getting a couple extra prints for trades/sales/doing others a solid.

Cost of print (signed?/unsigned?) + tube (~$3) + shipping cost to US only (~$7-$10) + you leave me good feedback/karma in this here thread is all I ask for.
aMAnAPlAnACaNalPaNamA
Ravenpig
Peen Taster

Post by Ravenpig »

bigboy55693 wrote:

I'm only going to Cedar Park, but I planned on getting a couple extra prints for trades/sales/doing others a solid.

Cost of print (signed?/unsigned?) + tube (~$3) + shipping cost to US only (~$7-$10) + you leave me good feedback/karma in this here thread is all I ask for.
You should send glorybox a pm. He/she has been asking for someone to get him/her one from that show .

I would do it but I don't think I could handle someone else's poster all night. I'd be worried sick about it and not enjoy myself.
Hey! Denty!
badkittygothgirl
Stinkyfist

Post by badkittygothgirl »

Hey guys, if you do participate in trades, please be sure to leave feedback on the trader feedback thread! http://www.fourtheye.net/f/viewtopic.php?f=42&t=57
basejumper
Droner

Post by basejumper »

bigboy55693 wrote:

I'm in! Pick me up one with a doodle! ;)
bigboy55693
Geacon

Post by bigboy55693 »

Ravenpig wrote: You should send glorybox a pm. He/she has been asking for someone to get him/her one from that show .

I would do it but I don't think I could handle someone else's poster all night. I'd be worried sick about it and not enjoy myself.
I already did. He has someone helping him out already.
basejumper wrote:I'm in! Pick me up one with a doodle!
I know that is wishful thinking, but back here in reality would you want a signed or unsigned?
aMAnAPlAnACaNalPaNamA
bigboy55693
Geacon

Post by bigboy55693 »

Ravenpig wrote:I would do it but I don't think I could handle someone else's poster all night. I'd be worried sick about it and not enjoy myself.
Last couple shows I have been to I take the prints outside and put them in the car for the show.

I've only had one security guard give me jazz about in/out. I asked for his manager and explained I had over $700 in merch in my hands and did not want it to get damaged. He understood and assigned a security guard to a door for in/out merch people.

Just don't be a dick and ask nicely. Most will accommodate.
aMAnAPlAnACaNalPaNamA
basejumper
Droner

Post by basejumper »

bigboy55693 wrote:
basejumper wrote:I'm in! Pick me up one with a doodle!
I know that is wishful thinking, but back here in reality would you want a signed or unsigned?
Both... or either. I'm easy and will take whatever you will provide.