Volto!

Volto!, m.t.Void, White Onion and other side projects of current and former Tool members
Davvda
My pain is just an excuse

Post by Davvda »

Actually kind of surprised at how short all the songs were. Just as excited if not more now though, thanks for the tease.
Ravenpig
Peen Taster

Post by Ravenpig »

I'm guessing HB got an advanced copy from Blair or something?  I like the song names.  Bring it on already!
Hey! Denty!
hellboy
Site Admin
Height: 182cm

Post by hellboy »

Nope, came from John Z's Facebook page.  If I had a advanced copy you'd know all about it (unless I'd signed a non-disclosure form, which I haven't).

They also posted on the Volto! page this morning with the text "Tuesday, July 23rd, 2013" which I can only presume is the release date.
Ravenpig
Peen Taster

Post by Ravenpig »

Ah ok. Do you think you have a chance at getting an advanced copy?
Hey! Denty!
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

Ravenpig said
Ah ok. Do you think you have a chance at getting an advanced copy?

Maybe, I haven't asked for one though.  Maybe I should send the record company an email.
Bogart
Geacon

Post by Bogart »

What does Volto sound like? Is it actually any good or are people just getting off that Danny is on drums?
Ravenpig
Peen Taster

Post by Ravenpig »

I know they released a couple of samples on their FB page from back when I had a FB page.

I believe there are some videos of them in youtube as well.
Hey! Denty!
UndKeineZwEier
has a small dick

Post by UndKeineZwEier »

Bogart said
What does Volto sound like? Is it actually any good or are people just getting off that Danny is on drums?

I haven't listened to much of their stuff, but my brother saw them live and loved them, and he's not like devoted Danny Carey fan. So I don't think he enjoyed just because Danny was on drums. If that helps.
Don't mow your lawn
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

Bogart said

I think it sounds pretty good, though admittedly I probably wouldn't have listened to something in this genre if it wasn't for Danny's input.

Listen for yourself though:

http://www.fourtheye.net/2012/07/childr ... ow-online/
Bogart
Geacon

Post by Bogart »

All I could find on Youtube was jamming stuff...I assume that's what this project is. Although I can appreciate that scene; it's just not for me...
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

Bogart said
All I could find on Youtube was jamming stuff...I assume that's what this project is. Although I can appreciate that scene; it's just not for me...

Check out the link I posted.  Not saying it'll convince you otherwise, but it's much better in my opinion than anything on Youtube.
UndKeineZwEier
has a small dick

Post by UndKeineZwEier »

Amazon.com has the release date as July 30.

Wonder if that means it's been pushed back. Nothing on their website.

Don't mow your lawn
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

UndKeineEier said
Amazon.com has the release date as July 30.

Wonder if that means it's been pushed back. Nothing on their website.

Could just be they want some kind of exclusive period on their own (or record labels) site? Or perhaps vinyl is getting pushed out early?
UndKeineZwEier
has a small dick

Post by UndKeineZwEier »

I don't know, maybe. I'm not sure if it was always like that or if it's a recent thing. I feel like I checked it awhile ago and it said July 23, but I'm not too confident about that.
Don't mow your lawn
UndKeineZwEier
has a small dick

Post by UndKeineZwEier »

PREMIERE: Listen to New Volto! Track, "Tocino"
Don't mow your lawn
UndKeineZwEier
has a small dick

Post by UndKeineZwEier »

Also I just noticed this at the bottom of the post:

Incitare, is out July 23 on iTunes, and August 6 via Fantasy/Concord Music Group everywhere else. Be sure to catch them on tour this summer!

Don't mow your lawn
Kittaan
Peen Taster

Post by Kittaan »

Yeah, that is a great track and it sounds really good cranked.  Danny is pretty understated until the last section.  Looking forward to this.
Ki77aan :twisted:
Ettan
Fanboi

Post by Ettan »

Great track. Much better than Grip It imo
Bogart
Geacon

Post by Bogart »

Damn...I wonder when that autographed vinyl drops??
aphex0
Bronco's Fan

Post by aphex0 »

Bogart said
Damn...I wonder when that autographed vinyl drops??

ME TOO.  I have sent emails about it...  I will be @ the release jam and the party (If I can get in ) the night before so I will find out.  Also Tocino is streaming as of 5 hours ago...      They really need to release a live album man they are so good in person..  
Ravenpig
Peen Taster

Post by Ravenpig »

Finally got to hear "Tocino" (it means "bacon" in Spanish for those who don't know) and it is great.  Really looking forward to this album.
Hey! Denty!
MOG
Scissorman

Post by MOG »

@Kittaan - I wonder how many people around here would actually be paying attention to this JAZZ/FUSION album if Danny Carey wasn't involved?  Also makes you wonder how many Toolios went and saw Superman because Danny had a small little drumming part in the Score?
Ravenpig
Peen Taster

Post by Ravenpig »

A lot less on the first one and I doubt it made much of a difference on the second one.

What's your point? To show for the millionth time how Tool fans on a Tool fan forum will check out other projects Tool members put out? How does this make us "Toolios"?

So I'm pretty much a sheep because I'm gonna check this out (when I admittedly wouldn't if Danny wasn't involved)? What if I really like it and I end up liking other bands in the genre? Is it bad that I might end up expanding my musical tastes just a tad more?

I like you for the most part Mog but your schlick is old. We get it, you don't like Tool, they're lazy, there's other music out there etc etc. You're not wrong, at all, but change the record already.
Hey! Denty!
Kittaan
Peen Taster

Post by Kittaan »

@ Mog ^ Yup, I wager many fewer.  I know what you're getting at.  The thing is, the music is good.

As you know, I am into this genre of music regardless of Danny's participation, and John Z and Co are badasses, without a doubt.  I've seen John Z live and he kills.  Plus, he got me tix and a backstage pass to meet Danny in San Antonio, so I love him for that as well...

By the way, not sure if you saw my review, but dug the shit outta the Intronaut/STS show.  First time seeing STS, and I'll definitely go back.

Edit: Just saw RP's response, and I agree - all the better if it expands or introduces folks who otherwise wouldn't check it out.

@ RP - Mog will be Mog.  He's definitely mellowed with time, you must admit.  

Ki77aan :twisted:
aphex0
Bronco's Fan

Post by aphex0 »

Kittaan said
@ Mog ^ Yup, I wager many fewer.  I know what you're getting at.  The thing is, the music is good.

As you know, I am into this genre of music regardless of Danny's participation, and John Z and Co are badasses, without a doubt.  I've seen John Z live and he kills.  Plus, he got me tix and a backstage pass to meet Danny in San Antonio, so I love him for that as well...

By the way, not sure if you saw my review, but dug the shit outta the Intronaut/STS show.  First time seeing STS, and I'll definitely go back.

Edit: Just saw RP's response, and I agree - all the better if it expands or introduces folks who otherwise wouldn't check it out.

@ RP - Mog will be Mog.  He's definitely mellowed with time, you must admit.  

If you like late 70s fusion jazz I think it is inconsequential.  Danny is a bonus and they are really jaw-dropping live especially in the Baked Potato.  Its so little and loud as fuck.  I agree about John Z, he is a badass and I have gone to just see him on a Monday night without Danny.  So I think Mog's argument is invalid.