Album of the Week - Uncle Acid and the Deadbeats - Blood Lust

Bogart
Geacon

Post by Bogart »

I just found out about these guys pretty recently. I love their stoner rock sound and the vintage production values. Hope you guys like 'em...

My apologies...I was having trouble embedding the video a few minutes ago. Fixed!

Enjoy!
Kittaan
Peen Taster

Post by Kittaan »

Fixed.
Ki77aan :twisted:
MOG
Scissorman

Post by MOG »

Good pick Bogart.  Interesting band.  Often times frustrating band.  On both this album and Mind Control there are some great songs.  There are also some absolutely horrible songs.  They have an interesting approach, combining elements of classic rock with stoner rock and Doom and even a little Drone at times.  The vocalist gets on my nerves a bit, but that really isn't a knock, rather just a matter of taste.  I do prefer their most recent album, Mind Control, over Blood Lust.  Mind Control is a bit more down tempo, more of that Droney/Doomey vibe.
Bogart
Geacon

Post by Bogart »

Not sure which one I like more. They both have some really great songs and some really meh songs. Their first EP is pretty good too. I think these guys are really growing in popularity. I've read some interviews with the band and they all still have day jobs and do music when they can. With their opening band slot on the recent Black Sabbath tour I think they'll really start making a name for themselves. Hopefully they make it to the states at some point.
basejumper
Droner

Post by basejumper »

I thought this was a really good album. Some slow parts but that's normal for most albums. Near the top of all of the Album of the Week selections for me this go around.

Professor of Lesbian Science
budsyralli
Fornicraster
Height: this tall

Post by budsyralli »

this is a really great album..thanks for posting it

go taff!
Bogart
Geacon

Post by Bogart »

Be sure to check out their new album, Mind Control. If you dig Blood Lust you'll like Mind Control.