Danny & Aaron Harris

Volto!, m.t.Void, White Onion and other side projects of current and former Tool members
hellboy
Site Admin
Height: 182cm

Post by hellboy »

Was reading Aaron Harris' latest blog update this morning, and noticed the following paragraph:

I was interviewed by Rhythm Magazine for a cover story on Danny Carey. The issue is on newsstands now and also available digitally via their app. Inside, there’s a sidebar where I talk about what it’s like to work with Danny and I answer some common misconceptions about Tool. I’ve also been working with Danny in his studio on an interesting project. More on that later …

Anyone fancy a guess as to what it is?
gamebounty
RIP

Post by gamebounty »

Fuck yes.
"The whole world seems to have gone full gay retard" -petemasterpete
UndKeineZwEier
has a small dick

Post by UndKeineZwEier »

gamebounty said
Fuck yes.

That'd be my guess, as well.

Don't mow your lawn
Ravenpig
Peen Taster

Post by Ravenpig »

Maybe I'm talking out of my ass, but I think I read in an interview once that he'd like to do a solo album...maybe this is it?
Hey! Denty!
hellboy
Site Admin
Height: 182cm

Post by hellboy »

Ravenpig said
Maybe I'm talking out of my ass, but I think I read in an interview once that he'd like to do a solo album...maybe this is it?

My guess it'd be something along those lines.  Could be recording some kind of segue or something for the new album I guess.

Or it could be something drum related - some new piece of hardware?
petemasterpete
Lunchinator
Height: 7" (limp)

Post by petemasterpete »

Danny's assisting him in laying down the tracks on the Palms record now that Chino's available and in studio??? yeah fucking right, but it'd be rad, no doubt
well piss on my tits and tell me it's raining
ilikecheese
Hey Jude

Post by ilikecheese »

a Danny Carey solo album...alright...how long before that comes out? 
The above post is entertainment. It is most likely not directed at any individual unless specified. Any other interpretation, gleaning, or reckoning, of this post without the express, written, consent of Cheese, is strictly prohibited.
joeypants
Goderator

Post by joeypants »

Danny says in the article he's slowly (ha) working on a more electronic solo album. Surely that's it. 
UndKeineZwEier
has a small dick

Post by UndKeineZwEier »

I think if Danny did want to do a solo album, it probably wouldn't take that long to put it together.  He has all the equipment and shit, and because it's a solo album, it's just him, so no wrangling other people or anything like that.  And I would think that a solo album would probably have more of a focus on recording.

That's all assuming that this this solo album will be just him.  I believe the article said that he wanted it to be like a synth/percussion kind of deal, which he could do all himself.  If there are other people involved, I could see it going either way.
Don't mow your lawn
The Boss
LSDeeeeeee
Height: Not A Fucking Manlet

Post by The Boss »

hellboy1975 said
Was reading Aaron Harris' latest blog update this morning, and noticed the following paragraph:

I was interviewed by Rhythm Magazine for a cover story on Danny Carey. The issue is on newsstands now and also available digitally via their app. Inside, there’s a sidebar where I talk about what it’s like to work with Danny and I answer some common misconceptions about Tool. I’ve also been working with Danny in his studio on an interesting project. More on that later …

Anyone fancy a guess as to what it is?

Solo album with the chick from COLLIDE doing vocals for one or two tracks. Lots of ethnic percussion instruments, absolutely no guitar or bass.

Quite a bit of piano/keyboard.

O love will you read the letters I will send to you.
Intension
Fanboi

Post by Intension »

It would be rad for sure. But i think he needs to focus on tasks at hand. Sorry. That interview sounds bad ass though. I wonder what the Tool misconceptions are? I imagine a solo album by D.C. (the Distinguished Creature) would sound something like the stewart copeland jams! Damn, so hes writing for Tool, Volto, a solo project, and who knows what else at once... Thats a lot of shit on the plate.

UndKeineZwEier
has a small dick

Post by UndKeineZwEier »

Danny isn't really writing for the solo album right now, in the interview he said it was something he was considering after they finished up the new album.
Don't mow your lawn
Intension
Fanboi

Post by Intension »

Righteous. Does anyone have this full interview?

UndKeineZwEier
has a small dick

Post by UndKeineZwEier »

sockozz said
I have pdf version for those interested.
http://www.sendspace.com/file/yo7xlb

Don't mow your lawn
Intension
Fanboi

Post by Intension »

Cool!