New Album Release Date Competiton (longest online comp ever!)

The Main Event
Kittaan
Peen Taster

Post by Kittaan »

Oh well.
Ki77aan :twisted:
ilikecheese
Hey Jude

Post by ilikecheese »

The above post is entertainment. It is most likely not directed at any individual unless specified. Any other interpretation, gleaning, or reckoning, of this post without the express, written, consent of Cheese, is strictly prohibited.
aenimal
Fanboi

Post by aenimal »

8/26/14, with a salival-ish release for april fool's day
nudges710
My pain is just an excuse

Post by nudges710 »

6/3/14
Calfium Jay
Geacon

Post by Calfium Jay »

aenimal said
8/26/14, with a salival-ish release for april fool's day

Didn't Adam - or should I say rather - didn't someone here quote Adam as saying that he wanted to "incorporate the Pot dvd" into the new release somehow?? If that's true - and I didn't just imagine that quote - then a "Salival-ish" release before the new album seems legit. It doesn't seem likely that they would package a new album with a dvd for a song off their last album.

It also seems logical that they would want to "reward" the fans with a tasty tidbit for all the waiting they've had to endure.

And well...Blair DID say that 2013 was going to be a "big year for Tool fans".......

I'm usuually in the negative but this time I'm feeling that something good and unexpected is coming our way this year..
snazzlefrass
Shankdagger
Height: 7.5inches

Post by snazzlefrass »

He also said 2012 was going to be a big year.

Which to some people it was I guess with the tours n shit.

To me, when someone close to the band says a year will be big for the fans, that means a whole lot more than a small tour.

Oh well. Doesn't look like my date choice will hold true.

SteveBobSteve
hellboy
Site Admin
Height: 182cm

Post by hellboy »

snazzlefrass said

To me, when someone close to the band says a year will be big for the fans, that means a whole lot more than a small tour.

Blair is as much a victim of Tool's "laziness" as anyone.  I'm sure he has the inside work on a range of project on the go, and he can't talk about them until cleared by the band/management.  He's then left accountable in some peoples eyes for promising these big things, when in reality it's the band that hasn't delivered. 
aenimal
Fanboi

Post by aenimal »

well whatever happens, i'm going with 8/26/14 for the release of the true, NEW album

if maynard hasn't even joined them yet, there's no way in hell that album will come out before next summer, and i think that's best-case scenario
ilikecheese
Hey Jude

Re: New TooL album release date COMPETITION!

Post by ilikecheese »

hellboy_adm wrote:snazzlefrass said

Blair is as much a victim of Tool's "laziness" as anyone. Â I'm sure he has the inside work on a range of project on the go, and he can't talk about them until cleared by the band/management. Â He's then left accountable in some peoples eyes for promising these big things, when in reality it's the band that hasn't delivered.Â
or a 'tool' used by TOOL to fuck with us...maybe....
The above post is entertainment. It is most likely not directed at any individual unless specified. Any other interpretation, gleaning, or reckoning, of this post without the express, written, consent of Cheese, is strictly prohibited.
limeygringo
Green Herbsman

Post by limeygringo »

Well, I guess I'm out of the run. Pity cause I think I could put in a good guess now. I'm pretty sure that curveball is going to be some new album info if not a release date, or at least the Salivalish thing. A lot of releases this year have been announced out of the blue and within a month or so of release. I mean, Bowie recorded in total secrecy so why woudn't Tool be able to? And it's gotta be Justin in the preemptive strike pic, he's playing a Wal for chirssakes. I hope Kasai is the new engineer because if the new album sounds like (A) Senile Animal it's gonna sound amazing.
Ahhh, Infotainment!
N.Y.H.C.
Serial Thrilla

Post by N.Y.H.C. »

12/2/14, can I used that date?
Asteroids do not concern me, Admiral. I want that ship, not excuses.
basejumper
Droner

Post by basejumper »

N.Y.H.C. wrote:12/2/14, can I used that date?
No, your date has already passed.

To all:
You may get to guess again if I'm feeling generous around the winter solstice. Stay tuned ;)
Professor of Lesbian Science
Ettan
Dopocalyptic
Height: 190cm

Re: update

Post by Ettan »

Busty McCracken

Post by Busty McCracken »

basejumper wrote:

To all:
You may get to guess again if I'm feeling generous around the winter solstice. Stay tuned ;)
Dude, winter solstice passed like 2 months ago.. Get with the times bra! :P
N.Y.H.C.
Serial Thrilla

Post by N.Y.H.C. »

I thought I changed it a while ago. oh well
basejumper
Droner

Re: New Album Release Date Competiton

Post by basejumper »

N.Y.H.C. wrote:I thought I changed it a while ago. oh well
You tried but you picked a date that had already been chosen. I told you to pick another but you didn't until your original date had already passed. Therefore, you missed out. But as I said you may get another opportunity :)
basejumper
Droner

Post by basejumper »

Busty McCracken wrote:
basejumper wrote:

To all:
Dude, winter solstice passed like 2 months ago.. Get with the times bra! :P
Maybe it passed for you 2 months ago but the contest is being held in the Northern Hemisphere, East coast(NY) time! So it seems I AM with the Times!
ilikecheese
Hey Jude

Post by ilikecheese »

"I prefer The New Yorker," chortled James William Bottomtooth.
Busty McCracken

Post by Busty McCracken »

Damn it, how can I argue with the New York times!! Smooth move Base.
Calfium Jay
Queric
Height: 189cm

Post by Calfium Jay »

How about ...

26/12/19

??

Which is, incidently, the year that robots will start driving taxis and Bieber will re-invent grunge.
'It is time for us to be doing what we have been doing every day. And that time is now'

Actual quote from Kamala Harris
N.Y.H.C.
Serial Thrilla

Post by N.Y.H.C. »

maybe MJK drank some of his own wine and flipped into the Territories. I think the LP is already out there. WOLF!
N.Y.H.C.
Serial Thrilla

Post by N.Y.H.C. »

the Marc Maron snippet was quite informative. I don't believe MJK has let news of this magnitude slip out since 10,000 Days was released. people should be clamoring to change their December 2014 dates!! he's probably in his truck writing right now sporting a velour suite and a fake mustache.
hellboy
Site Admin
Height: 182cm

Post by hellboy »

N.Y.H.C. wrote:the Marc Maron snippet was quite informative. I don't believe MJK has let news of this magnitude slip out since 10,000 Days was released. people should be clamoring to change their December 2014 dates!! he's probably in his truck writing right now sporting a velour suite and a fake mustache.
I don't think Maynard is one to beat around the bush with Tool. I don't get the impression he's a loose with his promises than the other guys are. If he says that he's got the music and is ready to go with vocals, then I'm inclined to believe he's right. I'll be pretty surprised if we don't see the album in 2014, but as to when - who knows. About 6-8 months after they hit the studio is what history would suggest.

I hope I'm wrong, but I have a gut feeling they won't be recording this year, so I'd expect the release to not be any earlier than July 2014.
Calfium Jay
Queric
Height: 189cm

Post by Calfium Jay »

hellboy wrote: I hope I'm wrong, but I have a gut feeling they won't be recording this year, so I'd expect the release to not be any earlier than July 2014.
Wait...you just posted a news report - from a few months ago - where Maynard states he is about to get his hands on a cd of the new material and start writing lyrics.....then you post that you don't think they'll be recording this year??

If he's been writing lyrics for some months now - which is a distinct possibility - then might not a late October / early November recording start date not be likely? In which case we could have the album as early as April?

The only thing that bugs me is that at the beginning of July, Danny Carey stated in an interview "...and soon it will be four of us" suggesting that soon Maynard would start writing lyrics.

If that Maynard interview is from March as some have suggested, that means that Maynard never got that cd of the new material. Or maybe Maynard has been writing for a while and "soon" will come together with the other three to show them what he's done and give them a chance to let the lyrics sink in and work them into the music? I would think that the lyrics don't just comfortably sit on top of the demo music once Maynard has written them. Both the lyrics and the music would to be modified and possibly refined so that everything is worked into place. At least, that's how I'd imagine it would work......
'It is time for us to be doing what we have been doing every day. And that time is now'

Actual quote from Kamala Harris
Ravenpig
Peen Taster

Post by Ravenpig »

Danny's quote could also just mean that May Jay isn't a regular at the loft quite yet. It doesn't mean he hasn't started/finished the lyrics. As you said, when they all get together they come up with a way to meld everything together. I'd assume that he's done with the lyrics writing by the time he actually becomes a regular at the loft.
Hey! Denty!