Intronaut

Music in all its forms and styles
MOG
Scissorman

Post by MOG »

New Song, Milk Leg.  Fantastic.  Fuck Tool.  Goodbye.

void
Fanboi

Post by void »

Great musicians...but godamn do they rip-off Isis...always have and seems like they always will. Just my 2 cents.
hellboy
Site Admin
Height: 182cm

Post by hellboy »

void said
Great musicians...but godamn do they rip-off Isis...always have and seems like they always will. Just my 2 cents.

Really?  I'll have to listen to that track again, but I don't remember these guys really sounding anything like Isis.

Unless your definition of "sounding like Isis" is using distorted guitars, drums and growly vocals.
ziggy23
Stink Wizard

Post by ziggy23 »

- You like noisy music?
- Yes. The louder the better. Stops me from thinking.
- You don't like to think? What do you like?
- Never thought about it.
Kittaan
Peen Taster

Post by Kittaan »

hellboy1975 said

void said

Really?  I'll have to listen to that track again, but I don't remember these guys really sounding anything like Isis.

Unless your definition of "sounding like Isis" is using distorted guitars, drums and growly vocals.

Completely agree.  Isis and Intronaut are both Post-Rock, but other than sharing a genre, they are miles apart stylistically, especially this track - this is much more melodic prog rock than anything Isis ever produced.  I dig them both, but don't get your point at all.  

Void - provide an example or two of an Isis track that makes you think they are "ripping" anything off.  
Ki77aan :twisted:
MOG
Scissorman

Post by MOG »

I wouldn't call Isis or Intronaut Post-Rock.  Russian Circles, Red Sparowes, maybe even early Pelican are Post-Rock.  I think Isis and Intronaut are more Prog-Metal.

I also agree with Kittaan and Hellboy that they sound absolutely nothing alike.  The only thing they have in common is that they are both abso-fucking-lutely fantastic bands.  Both in my top ten.  Owe Kittaan a beer for getting me into Intronaut.  New album is gonna be all kinds of quality.

joeypants
Goderator

Post by joeypants »

Intronaut has a very clearly audible jazz influence and the bass playing alone sets them apart from almost any other "____-metal" band I can think of. They're in the same general "realm" as ISIS, but far, FAR from a "rip-off."

Also, shameless plug, opening for them on Saturday! Can't wait.
joeypants
Goderator

Post by joeypants »

And if you all haven't, go buy their last album "Valley of Smoke" right now. Amazing stuff. And most of you know, but Justin plays on the titular track as well.

Kittaan
Peen Taster

Post by Kittaan »

joeypants said
Intronaut has a very clearly audible jazz influence and the bass playing alone sets them apart from almost any other "____-metal" band I can think of. They're in the same general "realm" as ISIS, but far, FAR from a "rip-off."

Killer - Have a great gig (Transmute?).  If anybody is filming, make sure to give us some links.
joeypants
Goderator

Post by joeypants »

Yep, that's us. I doubt any of us will film anything (party time will commence as soon as we get done, ha) but if anyone happens to I'll be sure to let you all know.
Kittaan
Peen Taster

Post by Kittaan »

joeypants said
Yep, that's us. I doubt any of us will film anything (party time will commence as soon as we get done, ha) but if anyone happens to I'll be sure to let you all know.

I meant filming you.  8`)
MOG
Scissorman

Post by MOG »

joeypants said

Huh?  Intronaut is on tour right now with Meshuggah and Animals as Leaders.  I will be seeing them next weekend.

Forget it - I just noticed that the North American tour doesn't start until the 11th.
joeypants
Goderator

Post by joeypants »

Kittaan said

joeypants said

I meant filming you.  8`)

That might happen. I know we're going to film a show on April 27th as it's at a super nice venue here and we'll be able to use our bigger visual screen, plus new songs etc. Next time we get something I'll be sure to post it.

And Mog, yeah, this is just a smaller Intronaut headlining show on their way to start the "big" tour. Oh, I wish we were actually touring! We're just local support for this show. Exciting for us, nonetheless though.

MOG
Scissorman

Post by MOG »

Respect bro.  Opening for Intronaut is good shit.  What is your band name again?  Link me to some music.
joeypants
Goderator

Post by joeypants »

Our band name is Transmute. Here's our FB and bandcamp. Hope you like. (Sorry to pimp this in the Intronaut thread)

http://transmutemusic.bandcamp.com

http://facebook.com/transmutemusic
MOG
Scissorman

Post by MOG »

joeypants said
Our band name is Transmute. Here's our FB and bandcamp. Hope you like. (Sorry to pimp this in the Intronaut thread)

http://transmutemusic.bandcamp.com

http://facebook.com/transmutemusic

Solid.  I really enjoy the guitar work, particularly on To Succeed and and To Suck Eggs.  Post some vids if you can of the live gig coming up.
joeypants
Goderator

Post by joeypants »

Thanks, man. Will do.
Ravenpig
Peen Taster

Post by Ravenpig »

I've been meaning to give Intronaut a shot since I saw them open for Tool last test and this thread has inspired me to finally do so. I'll give "Valley of Smoke" a proper listening to tomorrow.
Hey! Denty!
joeypants
Goderator

Post by joeypants »

I doubt you will regret it. Amazing album.
Ravenpig
Peen Taster

Post by Ravenpig »

I liked their set last year so I don't doubt that.
Hey! Denty!
MOG
Scissorman

Post by MOG »

Ravenpig said
I've been meaning to give Intronaut a shot since I saw them open for Tool last test and this thread has inspired me to finally do so. I'll give "Valley of Smoke" a proper listening to tomorrow.

Right on.  Do yourself a favor and just pick up their entire catalog.  First release is an EP called Null.  First full length album is Void and both are excellent.  They released a live album that included three new tracks called The Challenger, which is the only release I haven't yet purchased from them.  The three new tracks from that album are supposedly outstanding, so I will probably buy it at some point. Their next release, Prehistoricisms, is fucking fantastic.  And then of course you know about their most recent album, Valley of Smoke. I think Valley is their best album from start to finish, but just barely.

They are one of the very best bands around and I could kick myself in the ass for not getting into them years ago.
Ravenpig
Peen Taster

Post by Ravenpig »

I just checked on my Rhapsody account and they have all of those releases on there.  CHALLENGE ACCEPTED.

Thanks for the info, by the way.
Hey! Denty!
joeypants
Goderator

Post by joeypants »

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaah! Tomorrow night! Cannot wait! So looking forward to seeing them twice in one week, and once with fucking Meshuggah! Goddamn... such a good week.
Ravenpig
Peen Taster

Post by Ravenpig »

^Awesome!

Ok, so I heard "Valley of Smoke".  Just like when I saw them last year, pretty damn good.  The title track and "Past Tense" stood out for me, though all the songs were good at worst.

After my first couple of listens I'll give it a 7.5/10, I'll get to the rest later on.
Hey! Denty!
Kittaan
Peen Taster

Post by Kittaan »

joeypants said
Aaaaaaaaaaaaaah! Tomorrow night! Cannot wait! So looking forward to seeing them twice in one week, and once with fucking Meshuggah! Goddamn... such a good week.

Break a leg, dude.