Re: APC Box set coming in December

Post by trilobite »

I like that enthusiasm
also, Avatar!
Krazy_blah
Fornicraster

"New" APC out in November titled 'Three-Sixty"

Post by Krazy_blah »

EDIT: Awww, fucking hell- I now see Ettan made a post on this in the APC box set thread, first page, and followed up by HB. Fuck my memory.

Found this being discussed on the NIN forum I frequent (echoingthesound), surprised it hasn't been mentioned here yet.

Here are a couple of links, the Amazon one shows audio CD release date of November 19th. Speculation on the NIN site is "Best Of" with some new songs:

http://www.pauseandplay.com/nov-19-2013/

http://www.echoingthesound.org/communit ... cle/page13
Generic triangle avatar lives on.
jaimie
Maynard Believer

Re: "New" APC out in November titled 'Three-Sixty"

Post by jaimie »

jaimie
Maynard Believer

Post by jaimie »

Yep Greatest Hits with By and Down included...

A Perfect Circle, the multi-platinum rock band helmed by Maynard James Keenan (TOOL, Puscifer) and Billy Howerdel (Ashes Divide), issue THREE SIXTY, the outfit's first greatest hits collection.

The release also includes A Perfect Circle's first new original, studio recording in a decade with the inclusion of 'By And Down,' a song written after the band returned from their self-imposed hiatus for a series of live performances throughout 2010 and 2011.

'Billy and I created A Perfect Circle out of a now long-running friendship, and I think the music we have made reflects that personal connection and has given us the ability to further develop and trust our intuition,' explained Keenan. 'I feel THREE SIXTY is an accurate representation of that friendship and those instincts.'

A Perfect Circle formed in the late '90s with Keenan and Howerdel making up the core of the band with a number of well-known musicians having recorded and/or toured with the outfit including James Iha (Smashing Pumpkins), Troy Van Leeuwen (Queens of the Stone Age, Failure), Paz Lenchantin (Entrance Band, Zwan), Jeordie White (Marilyn Manson), Josh Freese (The Vandals, Devo) and Tim Alexander (Primus).

The band released their first album, Mer de Noms in 2000, which debuted in the Top 5 on Billboard's Top 200 and quickly established the group as one of rock music's biggest bands of the new millennium. Following extensive international touring, A Perfect Circle began work on Thirteenth Step which saw a late 2003 release and landed at #2 on Billboard's Top 200 in its debut week. The outfit's third release, a covers' album titled eMOTIVe, was released on Election Day 2004 and featured re-imagined versions of songs by a varied group of artists including John Lennon, Black Flag, Joni Mitchell and Devo. Following the release of eMOTIVe, Keenan and Howerdel focused on their individual projects with Keenan working on TOOL's 10,000 Days and launching the multimedia electro-rock outfit Puscifer and Howerdel creating Ashes Divide. A Perfect Circle has sold over five million albums worldwide."

MOG
Scissorman

Post by MOG »

360 release is a fucking joke. Who does a fucking best of with only two proper albums? Emotive is a collection of covers, one remix and one old song (see Tapeworm - Vacant) re-done. Oh wait, hold your hats, you get ONE new song! Can't wait to see how any of you fucks can argue that this is anything but a massive cash grab.

Sad part is I would have bought By and Down if it was released as a single. I would have even bought the live DVD had they sold it separately. Fucking pathetic all around.
BlindnCynical
formery Umadbrah?

Post by BlindnCynical »

When you sell ANYTHING, isn't it a "cash grab"? i really dont understand why you say this. I feel the same way tho, I'll probably listen to this album on youtube, and watch the live DVD there. I will buy the single/dvd if released separately, if not, oh well.
Krazy_blah
Fornicraster

Post by Krazy_blah »

Breaking News: Me going to work = cash grab.
Kittaan
Peen Taster

Post by Kittaan »

Krazy_blah wrote:Breaking News: Me going to work = cash grab.
Bwahaha!

I agree, seems pretty obvious that most releases are designed to grab cash. Fuckers aren't doing this for free.

Also agree with Moggie Doggie that they could have gone about this in a much less shady manner.

Bottom line: The market will decide. If they make sufficient $, this shit will continue. If not, they will likely take a different approach.
Ki77aan :twisted:
MOG
Scissorman

Post by MOG »

Krazy_blah wrote:Breaking News: Me going to work = cash grab = still broke.
Krazy_blah
Fornicraster

Post by Krazy_blah »

MOG wrote:
Hardly. I'm not rich by any means but I'm comfortable.

Go fuck yourself troll.
MOG
Scissorman

Post by MOG »

Krazy_blah wrote:
MOG wrote:
Hardly. I'm not rich by any means but I'm comfortable.

Go fuck yourself troll.
aww did you get a little butt hurt there? i was only fucking with you :lol:

Let's clear this cash grab shit up here. Evurrrybudddy gotta make that money. Has nothing to do with that. A cash grab is when you release something you know is shit with little value add because you have a consumer base (Typical Tool/APC/Puscifer Fans in this case) that will buy ANYTHING you release, regardless of cost, because most of you worship Maynard and want to gobble on his cock. I mean seriously, a BEST OF album that covers a body of work consisting of two albums and a bunch of shitty covers? Do you really think there are any APC fans out there that don't already have all their albums? But I bet a bunch of you fucks will buy this lame shit. Just like you fuckers bought the Opiate re-release for $150 for a new cover and some signatures and this bullshit APC bundle for $150 that contains a DVD (a FUCKING DVD IN 2013) and live CD's of songs Maynard can barely sing. Oh wait, Billy and Maynard signed it so that MUST justify that hefty price point.

But hey waste your money as you see fit. Keep buying old shit from Maynard and company. Wake me up when/if APC or Tool ever actually put out something new.
Krazy_blah
Fornicraster

Post by Krazy_blah »

For the record I'm not buying that crap (360 and/or box set), unless they manage to release the DVD seperately. If not I'm with umadbrah? on this top page- I'll watch it on YouTube.

Maybe someone here knows the status of APC's record deal- I surely don't. They might have something in their contract that owes the label another record. I think we're all in agreement not too many people are gonna be buying a GH CD from APC.
Krazy_blah
Fornicraster

Post by Krazy_blah »

Just saw the RS article tweeted, so I'm answering my own question from above:

Of course, record companies always have their little clause in their contract, about their right to release a greatest hits record. I think that can be kind of weird sometimes, when you see "the greatest hits," no, no – "the greatest greatest hits." Releases by a record label that the band had nothing to do with, and there's several versions of the same thing, over and over again. That's kind of why we did the DVD and the box set. If you're going to release a greatest hits, we should also offer something that's not just the old recordings, rearranged. But on that greatest hits, there's going to be the studio version of "By and Down," which is the new track that we've been working on, that we never quite got around to recording.

Read more: http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/ ... z2fAvyDpfU
Follow us: @rollingstone on Twitter | RollingStone on Facebook
MOG
Scissorman

Post by MOG »

Krazy_blah wrote:Just saw the RS article tweeted, so I'm answering my own question from above:

Of course, record companies always have their little clause in their contract, about their right to release a greatest hits record. I think that can be kind of weird sometimes, when you see "the greatest hits," no, no – "the greatest greatest hits." Releases by a record label that the band had nothing to do with, and there's several versions of the same thing, over and over again. That's kind of why we did the DVD and the box set. If you're going to release a greatest hits, we should also offer something that's not just the old recordings, rearranged. But on that greatest hits, there's going to be the studio version of "By and Down," which is the new track that we've been working on, that we never quite got around to recording.

Read more: http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/ ... z2fAvyDpfU
Follow us: @rollingstone on Twitter | RollingStone on Facebook
Sooooooo essentially they are charging $15 bucks for one new song. Okay then.....Yeah have fun with that :roll:
Krazy_blah
Fornicraster

Post by Krazy_blah »

I think we're all ignoring the biggest news here regarding the RS Q&A...

Maynerd's cat died. :-(
Baahumbug
Fanboi
Height: 6’1

Post by Baahumbug »

Got a hooker last night .... She really wasn't that good....still had to pay tho, that bitch and her "cash grab" bullshit
not tyson
Grammy Winner
Height: 186cm

Post by not tyson »

RIP in peace, Maynard's cat
not tyson
Grammy Winner

Post by not tyson »

I just purchased both the standard and deluxe versions!!!

A Perfect Circle issue THREE SIXTY, the band’s first greatest hits collection*, via Universal Music Enterprises (UMe) on Nov. 19.

The release also includes A Perfect Circle’s first new original, studio recording in a decade with the inclusion of “By And Down,” a song written after the band returned from their self-imposed hiatus for a series of live performances throughout 2010 and 2011.

"Billy and I created A Perfect Circle out of a now long-running friendship, and I think the music we have made reflects that personal connection and has given us the ability to further develop and trust our intuition,” explained Keenan. “I feel THREE SIXTY is an accurate representation of that friendship and those instincts."

A Perfect Circle also recently announced the release of a limited edition box set titled A Perfect Circle Live: Featuring Stone And Echo. The collection, which focuses on the band’s live outings from 2010-2011 includes a full-length DVD of the outfit’s August 2011 Red Rock’s concert (with accompanying audio) as well as a 3-cd collection of live releases, one dedicated to each of the three studio albums from the band’s discography. Also included in the box are five lithographs (with one signed by Howerdel and Keenan) and a custom resin frame designed by the band. The collection is available on Nov. 26, with more information available below.

THREE SIXTY, both standard and deluxe editions, track listing:

Standard Edition

1. The Hollow
2. Judith
3. Orestes
4. 3 Libras
5. Weak And Powerless
6. The Noose
7. The Outsider
8. Blue
9. When The Levee Breaks
10. Imagine
11. Counting Bodies Like Sheep To The Rhythm Of The War Drums
12. Passive
13. By And Down

Deluxe Edition

Disc 1
1. The Hollow
2. Rose
3. Judith
4. Orestes
5. 3 Libras
6. The Package
7. Weak And Powerless
8. The Noose
9. The Outsider
10. Blue

Disc 2
1. Imagine
2. Passive
3. People Are People (live)
4. Counting Bodies Like Sheep To The Rhythm Of The War Drums
5. When The Levee Breaks
6. By And Down
7. 3 Libras (live)
8. Gravity (live)
9. Fiddle and The Drum (live)

**Hopefully not their last, I need more collectables!!
Kittaan
Peen Taster

Post by Kittaan »

Troll-la-la.
Ki77aan :twisted:
Krazy_blah
Fornicraster

Post by Krazy_blah »

Not Tyson wrote: A Perfect Circle issue THREE SIXTY, the band’s first greatest hits collection*, via Universal Music Enterprises (UMe) on Nov. 19.

**Hopefully not their last, I need more collectables!!
Can't take credit for this post I saw somewhere else, so I'll just copy/pasta it here:

'To quote Malechite in an IM conversation from this morning:
A Perfect Circle released a greatest hits album in 2000. It was called "Mer de Noms" '
not tyson
Grammy Winner

Post by not tyson »

Nah, Gravity is their greatest song
hellboy
Site Admin
Height: 182cm

Post by hellboy »

MOG wrote: aww did you get a little butt hurt there? i was only fucking with you :lol:

Let's clear this cash grab shit up here. Evurrrybudddy gotta make that money. Has nothing to do with that. A cash grab is when you release something you know is shit with little value add because you have a consumer base (Typical Tool/APC/Puscifer Fans in this case) that will buy ANYTHING you release, regardless of cost, because most of you worship Maynard and want to gobble on his cock. I mean seriously, a BEST OF album that covers a body of work consisting of two albums and a bunch of shitty covers? Do you really think there are any APC fans out there that don't already have all their albums? But I bet a bunch of you fucks will buy this lame shit. Just like you fuckers bought the Opiate re-release for $150 for a new cover and some signatures and this bullshit APC bundle for $150 that contains a DVD (a FUCKING DVD IN 2013) and live CD's of songs Maynard can barely sing. Oh wait, Billy and Maynard signed it so that MUST justify that hefty price point.

But hey waste your money as you see fit. Keep buying old shit from Maynard and company. Wake me up when/if APC or Tool ever actually put out something new.
Who are you actually arguing against? I don't see anyone in here disagreeing? Are you so narcissistic that you need to rant against every Tool related topic regard? Is you dick so small that the only way you can feel good enough to to "call out" the glaringly obvious to everyone else?
hellboy
Site Admin
Height: 182cm

Post by hellboy »

Also, in regards to it being a cash grab (which I agree it is) the most pertinent part of the interview is:
And from what I understand, A Perfect Circle is releasing a "greatest hits" package, too.
Of course, record companies always have their little clause in their contract, about their right to release a greatest hits record. I think that can be kind of weird sometimes, when you see "the greatest hits," no, no – "the greatest greatest hits." Releases by a record label that the band had nothing to do with, and there's several versions of the same thing, over and over again
264zn
Phony

Post by 264zn »

Good to see they're still releasing something after a pretty quiet few years. Would've liked to have seen at least one other new track on it though. Will probably order the deluxe version...in saying that the box set is pretty awesome too and not badly priced for what it is.

Good interview from Maynard.

RIP Moggy