Random Tool Social Media thread

The Main Event
hellboy
Site Admin
Height: 182cm

Re: Random Tool Social Media thread

Post by hellboy »

I think he'll have a tough time getting past Rex Brown I'd imagine - too many Pantera fanbois. And even if he did I'd say he has less chance against Geezer.
Krazy_blah
Fornicraster

Post by Krazy_blah »

hellboy wrote:I think he'll have a tough time getting past Rex Brown I'd imagine - too many Pantera fanbois.
Doubt it- Vinnie Paul didn't even make it that far despite being loved by Pantera fans, and Rex is well below him on that totem poll.

Who fucking knows though, I officially give up attempting to decipher people's on-line thoughts on music these days.

EDIT: I see Burton taking this, with Justin and Steve Harris being the dark horses to beat him.
Generic triangle avatar lives on.
not tyson
Grammy Winner
Height: 186cm

Post by not tyson »

hellboy wrote:I think he'll have a tough time getting past Rex Brown I'd imagine - too many Pantera fanbois. And even if he did I'd say he has less chance against Geezer.
Nah,even us Pantera fan bois know Rex didn't really contribute that much to the sound of Pantera, run of the mill metal bassist.

Good at what he did though. Tight mofo.
not tyson
Grammy Winner

Post by not tyson »

Krazy_blah wrote:
hellboy wrote:I think he'll have a tough time getting past Rex Brown I'd imagine - too many Pantera fanbois.
Doubt it- Vinnie Paul didn't even make it that far despite being loved by Pantera fans
Most Pantera fans think he's an absolute joke since his attitude after the death of his brother.
Ettan
Dopocalyptic
Height: 190cm

Post by Ettan »

Loudwire sucks ass.
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

Krazy_blah wrote:
EDIT: I see Burton taking this, with Justin and Steve Harris being the dark horses to beat him.
I agree in Burton winning. Being dead is a massive advantage in these competitions.
Krazy_blah
Fornicraster

Post by Krazy_blah »

hellboy wrote:
Krazy_blah wrote:
I agree in Burton winning. Being dead is a massive advantage in these competitions.
That's why, if I was a betting man, would lay it down on Cliff B.

<------ not a betting man. Not even a betting woman.
Generic triangle avatar lives on.
not tyson
Grammy Winner

Post by not tyson »

He wasn't even that great
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

He's no Les Claypool or anything, but as metal bass players go, he's well ahead of the pack. Look at the entire poll there's only a few there I'd consider to be better than Burton (Justin, Ryan Martine and Rob Truijllo).
trilobite
Rhandy

Post by trilobite »

I was just sorta wondering where in the *fuck* Geddy Lee's hiding on this list.

If fucking tools metal, rush is metal.
also, Avatar!
Kittaan
Peen Taster

Post by Kittaan »

trilobite wrote:I was just sorta wondering where in the *fuck* Geddy Lee's hiding on this list.

I love Ged, but that's much more of a stretch than Justin/Tool
Ki77aan :twisted:
trilobite
Rhandy

Post by trilobite »

Kittaan wrote:
trilobite wrote:I was just sorta wondering where in the *fuck* Geddy Lee's hiding on this list.

I love Ged, but that's much more of a stretch than Justin/Tool
Well what it really comes down to is sheer sexual-power, right? I mean, Geddy is a pure sex-beast, n has gotta beat out 'J. Chancla'' with all his beefy, Canadian(bacon) goodness, surely?

... haps I'm wrong on the whole meaning of a 'pole', idk..
also, Avatar!
ziggy23
Stink Wizard

Post by ziggy23 »

TOOL’S ADAM JONES REVEALS PLANS FOR NEW ’10,000 DAYS’ MUSIC VIDEOS

October 3, 2013 10:32 AM

The current talking point of Tool fanatics is, of course, the experimental act’s next album. However, it seems like the band, or at least guitarist Adam Jones, is actually working on a new music video for a track off Tool’s 2006 studio album, ’10,000 Days.’

Tool is a band that constantly surprises its fans. Each new album, music video and even album packaging runs on unpredictability, but even by Tool’s standards, this update from Jones can’t help but turn heads. The axeman recently took part in a Guitar World Q&A session with fans, where he spoke about future videos for ’10,000 Days’ material.

Adam Jones has been the creative force behind the bulk of Tool’s videography, although he did not direct the clip for ‘Vicarious,’ the sole ’10,000 Days’ track to receive a music video. When asked why there hadn’t been an Adam Jones video for a song from ’10,000 Days,’ the guitarist offered a fascinating answer:

"There are, we just haven’t finished them yet. We ran into a really big snag because the first video is all CGI [computer-generated imaging] and we had some vicious production problems. The company we started with kinda screwed us, but luckily my friend’s company is bailing us out. Since he’s helping us, they can only work on it when their schedule is clear. But it’s gonna be great. When I go home, practically all my time is spent on it.

I thought the CGI process would be a lot easier than physically filming something, which is what we’ve always done in the past. But it’s actually a lot harder to get action down and get it moving and looking right. Plus, you can say, “The character has 15 eye lashes. Can he have 16?” You can get super picky. So at some point you have to shoot for 100 percent and try to get 70. We’re also doing pre-production on the second video, which will be all stop-motion."

Adam Jones also shared some info on Tool’s prior plans to create a live DVD along with working with film legend John Carpenter:

“Yeah, we’ve talked about it. We had shot a bunch of live concert footage and were going to put out a DVD, but it turned out to not sit very well with our band. We were like, What can we do that’s more epic than just a live DVD? I think we’re just going to keep shooting stuff, and when we’re ready, we’ll put something out. Of course, we’d like to do something really epic, like the movie version of The Wall, but movie deals are really tough.

Here’s a hilarious example: [director] John Carpenter was putting out Escape from L.A. and they wanted an original Tool song. We said, “Well, you’re not getting an original, but maybe we’ll give you an older one.” But then we realized John Carpenteris a musician. So we were like, “Wait, let’s do a song with John Carpenter!” [laughs] The last thing we heard was the studio wanted half the rights to the song, our record company wanted the other half and John Carpenter’s people wanted the other half. [laughs] So we were like, “Ah, f—k it!” and gave them an older tune. Basically, there’s a lot of red tape in trying to get a movie made. But if we can—or if there’s anyone out there that wants to facilitate a Tool movie—I’m totally open to it.”
http://loudwire.com/tool-adam-jones-new ... ic-videos/
- You like noisy music?
- Yes. The louder the better. Stops me from thinking.
- You don't like to think? What do you like?
- Never thought about it.
'][' [[]] [[]] ][,
RIP

Post by '][' [[]] [[]] ][, »

^ These fools can't finish jack shit.
Ravenpig
Peen Taster

Post by Ravenpig »

^lulz @ that lazy bones Jones interview

Not one but TWO videos for 10K Days? Ah who am I kidding I'd see them the minute they came out. Still kinda ridiculous though.

Maybe its a red herring?
Hey! Denty!
Kittaan
Peen Taster

Post by Kittaan »

Mog's head just exploded.
Ki77aan :twisted:
not tyson
Grammy Winner

Post by not tyson »

ziggy23 wrote: When I go home, practically all my time is spent on it.
lol
not tyson
Grammy Winner

Post by not tyson »

Wait this is old as fuck

FROM THE GW ARCHIVE:

http://www.guitarworld.com/dear-guitar- ... s-and-more

I knew I read that stalker story before.
ziggy23
Stink Wizard

Post by ziggy23 »

fuck loudwire
- You like noisy music?
- Yes. The louder the better. Stops me from thinking.
- You don't like to think? What do you like?
- Never thought about it.
Ravenpig
Peen Taster

Post by Ravenpig »

Oh. Oh yea. September 2007, apparently. Put the pitchforks away everybody!
Hey! Denty!
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

Fuck, I just got my pitchfork out...
Ettan
Dopocalyptic

Post by Ettan »

is.. is Adam doing what I think he's doing?

On the live dvd part were he says that they wanted to do something more than just a live dvd. I can imagine that they put in new visuals here and there instead of the live footage, the fans will hate it and people will say "you asked for a live dvd and now you're complaining?!" Then Loudwire will put on a new contest "best live dvd" and Tool will spam the shit out of it like always. Reddit people will try to find out the hidden message in the dvd and write an essay about it.

this is what I mean by "visuals".
UndKeineZwEier
has a small dick

Post by UndKeineZwEier »

Ettan wrote:is.. is Adam doing what I think he's doing?
Playing guitar?
Don't mow your lawn
Ettan
Dopocalyptic

Post by Ettan »

UndKeineZwEier wrote:
Ettan wrote:is.. is Adam doing what I think he's doing?
Playing guitar?
Nah son, HEADBANG
ilikecheese
Hey Jude

Post by ilikecheese »

He obviously was thinking about how long it is taking for them to release a new album.

The Grudge Thread Up Until The Kittaan Post
The above post is entertainment. It is most likely not directed at any individual unless specified. Any other interpretation, gleaning, or reckoning, of this post without the express, written, consent of Cheese, is strictly prohibited.