Australian politics thread

For discussions that don't fit inside the other forums
Forum rules
Threads should remain on topic. Unnecessary trolling and bickering posts will be deleted. Some light hearted banter will be tolerated. Controversial topics such as racism, paedophilia and such will be deleted. The beatings will continue until moral improves.
not tyson
Grammy Winner
Height: 186cm

Re: Australian politics thread

Post by not tyson »

Yeah I completely agree, both sides are to blame there, what I'd like to see is a NZ type government, a lot of Indigenous representation, when Bill Shorten suggested quotas for gay and lesbian I fucking shook my head, shouldn't we have quotas for our indigenous people and having quotas for gay and lesbians makes no sense.

But once again, thanks for cherry picking and not arguing your point of view against many of mine.

You fucking coon faggot fuck.
Calfium Jay
Queric
Height: 189cm

Post by Calfium Jay »

Not Tyson wrote: You fucking coon faggot fuck.
Oh I like him. I like him a lot!
'It is time for us to be doing what we have been doing every day. And that time is now'

Actual quote from Kamala Harris
hellboy
Site Admin
Height: 182cm

Post by hellboy »

Calfium Jay wrote: You don't need to be a "young liberal" (which I am not) to want to tear your hair out at the previous six years of spin, lies and economic mismanagement.
The problem here is that you think the next 3 to 6 years aren't going to be full of just as much spin, lies and economic mismanagement. To expect that the Libs are immune to this is ignorance at its worst.
Calfium Jay
Queric

Post by Calfium Jay »

hellboy wrote: The problem here is that you think the next 3 to 6 years aren't going to be full of just as much spin, lies and economic mismanagement. To expect that the Libs are immune to this is ignorance at its worst.
Ignorance at its worst is Penny Wong.
'It is time for us to be doing what we have been doing every day. And that time is now'

not tyson
Grammy Winner

Post by not tyson »

Better then that Belgian cunt we've got now, what a fucking stupid idea to use Australia Post as centrelink.
The Boss
LSDeeeeeee
Height: Not A Fucking Manlet

Post by The Boss »

Not Tyson wrote:Better then that Belgian cunt we've got now, what a fucking stupid idea to use Australia Post as centrelink.
I'm still having trouble comprehending that. That's easily the stupidest thing I've ever heard in Australian politics.

And it demonstrates how alarmingly out of touch the Liberals are.
O love will you read the letters I will send to you.
Calfium Jay
Queric

Post by Calfium Jay »

Not Tyson wrote:Better then that Belgian cunt we've got now, what a fucking stupid idea to use Australia Post as centrelink.
Good thing that's all it was - AN IDEA. And they didn't try and implement the damn thing like the Krudd/Dillard soviet regime would have done.

Penny Wong / Chris Bowen. What a team. When the figures were finally checked by professionals after the last election EVERY figure was wrong.

In total they were slightly short of $13 billion out. Way to balance a budget.

not tyson
Grammy Winner

Post by not tyson »

Labor wouldn't even have entertained the idea.

Link to Labor getting their costings wrong please, from a credible website.

Do you forget that within the Liberals costings, they included the sale of Medibank private AND it's future earnings.

How can you earn off something you sold?

Pants on head retarded.
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

Calfium Jay wrote:
Penny Wong / Chris Bowen. What a team. When the figures were finally checked by professionals after the last election EVERY figure was wrong.

In total they were slightly short of $13 billion out. Way to balance a budget.
Got a link - I'm interested in reading that.
Calfium Jay
Queric

Post by Calfium Jay »

I'll try and find one. Didn't read it on the net, rather heard about it on news channel. So I'll look and see if I can suss one out.

But how's this to tide you over:

Since Wong became Finance Minister in September 2010, Australia has had four budgets: 2010-11, 2011-12, 2012-13 and the most recent one in May for 2013-14. Let's add the economic statement Wong delivered with Bowen on the Friday before the election was called. Wong has lent her name and her reputation to a set of numbers that tell a story of mind-boggling incompetence. To be extra cautious and extra fair to Wong, let's exclude the 2010-11 budget as she was not finance minister when that was delivered in May 2010.

Starting with that first budget - 2011-12 - when Wong was Finance Minister, she and Labor predicted a budget deficit of $22.6 billion in 2011-12. She was out by more than $20bn. The most recent budget in May revealed a deficit for 2011-12 of $43.3bn. It gets worse. In that first budget, Wong predicted a surplus of $3.5bn for 2012-13. She was out by $22.9bn with the actual result being a deficit of $19.4bn.

And, yes, it gets even worse. In that first 2011-12 budget, Wong predicted a surplus of $3.7bn for 2013-14. By July this year, Wong was already out by $33.8bn this time. Her economic statement revealed a deficit of $30.1bn.

Back in 2011-12, Wong promised a surplus of $5.8bn for 2014-15. Now Wong tells us it will be a $24bn deficit, putting her out by another $29.8bn.

Cumulatively that makes Wong the $106 Billion Woman. That's not an accounting error. That's record incompetence.

Way to go Penni!!

Calfium Jay
Queric

Post by Calfium Jay »

They just make me physically sick. At least the voting Australian public had the smarts this time to see through Labor's smoke and mirrors through to the bumbling incompetence and ineptitude that it really was. Well done.

not tyson
Grammy Winner

Post by not tyson »

Calfium Jay wrote:I'll try and find one. Didn't read it on the net, rather heard about it on news channel. So I'll look and see if I can suss one out.
So you're full of shit?
Calfium Jay wrote:But how's this to tide you over:

Since Wong became Finance Minister in September 2010, Australia has had four budgets: 2010-11, 2011-12, 2012-13 and the most recent one in May for 2013-14. Let's add the economic statement Wong delivered with Bowen on the Friday before the election was called. Wong has lent her name and her reputation to a set of numbers that tell a story of mind-boggling incompetence. To be extra cautious and extra fair to Wong, let's exclude the 2010-11 budget as she was not finance minister when that was delivered in May 2010.

Starting with that first budget - 2011-12 - when Wong was Finance Minister, she and Labor predicted a budget deficit of $22.6 billion in 2011-12. She was out by more than $20bn. The most recent budget in May revealed a deficit for 2011-12 of $43.3bn. It gets worse. In that first budget, Wong predicted a surplus of $3.5bn for 2012-13. She was out by $22.9bn with the actual result being a deficit of $19.4bn.

And, yes, it gets even worse. In that first 2011-12 budget, Wong predicted a surplus of $3.7bn for 2013-14. By July this year, Wong was already out by $33.8bn this time. Her economic statement revealed a deficit of $30.1bn.

Back in 2011-12, Wong promised a surplus of $5.8bn for 2014-15. Now Wong tells us it will be a $24bn deficit, putting her out by another $29.8bn.

Cumulatively that makes Wong the $106 Billion Woman. That's not an accounting error. That's record incompetence.

Way to go Penni!!
So treasures figures were wrong in a very volatile economy with falling revenues and that's somehow incompetence to you?

I thought you were an accountant?
not tyson
Grammy Winner

Post by not tyson »

Calfium Jay wrote:They just make me physically sick. At least the voting Australian public had the smarts this time to see through Labor's smoke and mirrors through to the bumbling incompetence and ineptitude that it really was. Well done.
Still waiting for that link, all I can find are stories about the coalitions costings being out by tens of billions.
Calfium Jay
Queric

Post by Calfium Jay »

And then there was this:

http://www.smh.com.au/federal-politics/ ... 2stns.html

The nerve of the creep. Bald faced liar.

Calfium Jay
Queric

Post by Calfium Jay »

Not Tyson wrote:
So treasures figures were wrong in a very volatile economy with falling revenues and that's somehow incompetence to you?

I thought you were an accountant?

And so you're idea of "good economic management" is to basically pick a number, any number.

Which is basically what that trout faced twerp and her accomplices did.

Calfium Jay
Queric

Post by Calfium Jay »

Not Tyson wrote: Still waiting for that link, all I can find are stories about the coalitions costings being out by tens of billions.
Link to show me how the actual figures presented by the Coalition at the 2013 election were later proved to be out by tens of billions.

not tyson
Grammy Winner

Post by not tyson »

Calfium Jay wrote:
Not Tyson wrote: Still waiting for that link, all I can find are stories about the coalitions costings being out by tens of billions.
Link to show me how the actual figures presented by the Coalition at the 2013 election were later proved to be out by tens of billions.
They haven't released anything yet, surprise, surprise!
Calfium Jay
Queric

Post by Calfium Jay »

Link to show me how the actual figures presented by the Coalition at the 2013 election were out by tens of billions of dollars?

We all know Labor's were......

Volatile econmic period?!?! HA!!! In the middle of the biggest mining boom in Australia's history as well. They never managed the conomy. The economy managed them. Imbeciles!!

"We will have the budget back in surplus by 2013 come hell or high water"

Another bullshit lie.

not tyson
Grammy Winner

Post by not tyson »

Calfium Jay wrote:I'll try and find one. Didn't read it on the net, rather heard about it on news channel. So I'll look and see if I can suss one out.
waiting . . .
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

Calfium Jay wrote:And then there was this:

http://www.smh.com.au/federal-politics/ ... 2stns.html

The nerve of the creep. Bald faced liar.
Wow, the other parties used dodgy costings to suit their arguments during the election campaign! I'm sure glad the Libs never do that! Thank fuck all the Aussie can see through all the Labour bullshit.
not tyson
Grammy Winner

Post by not tyson »

Calfium Jay wrote:They just make me physically sick. At least the voting Australian public had the smarts this time to see through Labor's smoke and mirrors through to the bumbling incompetence and ineptitude that it really was. Well done.
Did Bob Hawke run over your dog as a child?
not tyson
Grammy Winner

Post by not tyson »

Abbott can't even turn back the boats :lol:

Wow, did he lie to the entire Australian populace at the last election?
not tyson
Grammy Winner

Post by not tyson »

The Boss
LSDeeeeeee
Height: Not A Fucking Manlet

Post by The Boss »

That was so disgraceful that I was almost laughing by the end.

What the fuck is wrong with these people. Dark times ahead, you mark my words.
O love will you read the letters I will send to you.
not tyson
Grammy Winner

Post by not tyson »

If you didn't know any better you'd think you were reading The Onion or a script for a sketch