Height: 186cm

Re: Maynard @ Joe Rogan

Post by not tyson »

No, he really makes me think.
Kittaan
Peen Taster

Post by Kittaan »

Aw, I see. Fuck that shit. Hurts the brain.
Ki77aan :twisted:
The Boss
LSDeeeeeee
Height: Not A Fucking Manlet

Post by The Boss »

I've never been able to figure out if Rogan is a clever, intelligent person, capable of deep thought and left-field logic and discourse - or a total wankbag.

I usually lean toward wankbag, for some reason. Something about him just annoys me.
O love will you read the letters I will send to you.
not tyson
Grammy Winner

Post by not tyson »

I just don't like aggressive people in general
not tyson
Grammy Winner

Post by not tyson »

Kittaan wrote:Aw, I see. Fuck that shit. Hurts the brain.
Before I started listening to his podcast I actually believed that we landed on the moon, I'm such a moron.
Ravenpig
Peen Taster

Post by Ravenpig »

The Boss wrote:I've never been able to figure out if Rogan is a clever, intelligent person, capable of deep thought and left-field logic and discourse - or a total wankbag.

I usually lean toward wankbag, for some reason. Something about him just annoys me.

To me, he seems like a good guy to have a conversation with. Doesn't mean he will astonish me with his intellect (or vice versa), just that he'd be interesting to talk to. That's all.
Hey! Denty!
hellboy
Site Admin
Height: 182cm

Post by hellboy »

He just seems like a relatively normal person to me. I don't see him as being overly pretentious or intelligent, but seems to be able to hold a good conversation, which in his line of work is more important.
not tyson
Grammy Winner

Post by not tyson »

relatively normal person, okay.

normal people believe the moon landing was fake.

sitting in a dark tank to 'trip to find another dimension' is normal

taking a heap of drugs is normal

man he really makes me think
264zn
Phony

Post by 264zn »

I think Rogan comes across as a pretty switched on guy and I like listening to what he has to say. He had a good grasp on most topics they discussed and took the convo in a good direction. I also noticed that he brought up some of the questions already discussed in the previous chat, but overall it was a good listen.

I also like the way he finishes what he's stating, even when Maynard was chiming in with a joke or one word comment. Most people speaking/interviewing Maynard always stop and have to let him speak or laugh at his often childish comments, but Joe just kept on. I think because he isn't putting Maynard up on pedestal and tossing his salad, there is actually some mutual respect and they result is some cool idea and thoughts.
N.Y.H.C.
Serial Thrilla

Post by N.Y.H.C. »

Joe has to be the least pretentious guy in L.A., which is saying a lot. he's actually very passive, he's aggressive on stage for sure or commentating for UFC which calls for it. I just find that my ADD subsides when I can listen to 3 hours of two people just talking shit, i never thought I'd be able to do that. it actually helps me read, which I never really did in my 20's.

check out when he has Dan Carlin on this week, he does the "Hardcore History" podcast. which is like an awesome audio book every time he does one. Carlin gets me excited about human history which is also not an easy thing for me lol.

I'm glad my Tool peers enjoyed this episode, or at the least found some positivity in it. you guys rule
Asteroids do not concern me, Admiral. I want that ship, not excuses.
Tool_User01
Maynard Believer

Post by Tool_User01 »

I listened for about 45 minute's and finally had to turn it off as I found Joe rather tedious. He seemed to go over the same things he asked Maynard last time and just in general going through everything with a fine tooth comb,not because it was interesting but so he could fill his time slot. He was a bit of a lickarse too!
MOG
Scissorman

Post by MOG »

inspiration_tactic wrote:MOG, nothing like a Tool forum to prove your worth as a master of linguistics. I will use proper sentences and punctuation to properly give myself credibility on such a proclamation:

Chances are good that everybody has gripes about certain things in their life, though you likely wouldn't know it from the forum. The weatherman is wrong. The wife won't lay off the spike. The dog took a shit on your wife's carpet. Hell, maybe we even have gripes with Tool. The difference is just the delivery, which you are seemingly trying to improve, and also the obvious condescension of some of your comments. Your IQ is higher from your perspective because you choose to take a lot of Tool's 'methods' personally, becoming frustrated when others don't want to fret about things that to some, don't need fretting. You actually feel it be lesser of a person not to have some of the same gripes as you. This, coupled with the inherent 'crash the party' mentality you have while being a non-Tool fan on a Tool forum, also makes it obvious why you consider it important to lend yourself some credibility with such a wonderful vocabulary and pristine sentence structure.

The real question is why someone would want to bash something so incessantly. Of what good could come of the practice? If less people like a band that they enjoy listening to because of you, what possible good would that do? If being educated on how to think critically means I have to like my favorite music and the band that plays it less, then I'll choose not to think critically in a setting like this. They aren't elected office. They aren't leaders of men. They're a band. They're talented and have a nice sound. That's all that matters.
There ya go. I can actually read that. Well done. I can respect that position.

As for the WHY part of your question, well that is fairly simple. I enjoy watching knees jerk and I am kind of a dick. You would think by now, after all this time, I would get no bites. But every time I cast I always get a bite. Half the time you TTFers actually start fighting over the bait. As you can imagine from my perspective it is highly entertaining. One would assume that at some point you delusional apologists would just go hit the ignore button but something in you NEEDS to DEFEND your favorite band. It bothers you on levels you don't even want to admit. Otherwise why are we even having this particular discussion? Why would a detracting sentiment break up the flow of a conversation?

The exercise IS becoming repetitive and monotonous. It is obvious that there will ALWAYS be someone ready to take the bait. Even among Tool fans, who more often than not claim to be enlightened by the mystical music and as such should be above such nonsense. As if there is some secret only you are privy to. Which of course is nothing but a bunch of meta-mumbojumbo horseshit.

So by all means, continue on with your delusion. Apologize, defend, deny, whatever makes it palatable. They are your heroes after all.
all_one_mind
Bronco's Fan

Post by all_one_mind »

Not Tyson wrote:relatively normal person, okay.

normal people believe the moon landing was fake.

sitting in a dark tank to 'trip to find another dimension' is normal

taking a heap of drugs is normal

man he really makes me think
Yeah that's pretty normal for Americans considering the majority of them think the world is in its end-times because their country is declining
void
Fanboi

Post by void »

Been a while since I posted. MOG is just calling shit like he see's it, as usual. It doesn't mean you have to agree with it. Just move on. I'm on your side MOG and I totally feel that music is sacred enough to some (sometimes myself included) to be taken at a do-or-die level. At the same time though... it doesn't really have to be. Yes, Tool got lax and complacent because of what they achieved and earned... but it also allows them the ability to make music and be a band in the manner they see fit - which is apparently only when they feel like doing it. Is that kind of lame in the face of all of us working-people? Yes. But those are just the facts.

If they come out with a new album, cool. If not, oh well... but if Tool is the only band some of you really follow... what you can take away from MOG is that he's pretty much just saying go check out all this amazing other music that's out there. There's a lot of it.
not tyson
Grammy Winner

Post by not tyson »

void wrote: what you can take away from MOG is that he's pretty much just saying go check out all this amazing other music that's out there. There's a lot of it.
No there isn't, comparing other bands "music" to what Tool produces is like comparing children's finger painting to works by Picasso.
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

void wrote:Been a while since I posted. MOG is just calling shit like he see's it, as usual. It doesn't mean you have to agree with it. Just move on. .
Problem is that MOG feels the need to post it every time someone dares mention Tool. "Just move on" applies to him as much as everyone else.
The Boss
LSDeeeeeee

Post by The Boss »

Not Tyson wrote:
void wrote: what you can take away from MOG is that he's pretty much just saying go check out all this amazing other music that's out there. There's a lot of it.
No there isn't, comparing other bands "music" to what Tool produces is like comparing children's finger painting to works by Picasso.
Obvious troll is obvious.
budsyralli
Fornicraster
Height: this tall

Post by budsyralli »

"on another episode of ' the trolls of fourtheye'.... Obvious trolling is normal , as well as hypocritical views.. here's crow with the garbage"
go taff!
N.Y.H.C.
Serial Thrilla

Post by N.Y.H.C. »

Tool_User01 wrote:I listened for about 45 minute's and finally had to turn it off as I found Joe rather tedious. He seemed to go over the same things he asked Maynard last time and just in general going through everything with a fine tooth comb,not because it was interesting but so he could fill his time slot. He was a bit of a lickarse too!
yeah he's filling his time slot for a podcast he puts out for free and a guest who came on for free. kill yourself
Asteroids do not concern me, Admiral. I want that ship, not excuses.
The Boss
LSDeeeeeee

Post by The Boss »

budsyralli wrote:"on another episode of ' the trolls of fourtheye'.... Obvious trolling is normal , as well as hypocritical views.. here's crow with the garbage"
Just can't help yourself can you, you drug-addled mental midget.
void
Fanboi

Post by void »

Can anyone post anything that gets agreed with? lol. Jesus
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

void wrote:Can anyone post anything that gets agreed with? lol. Jesus
No