Random Tool Social Media thread

The Main Event
The Boss
LSDeeeeeee
Height: Not A Fucking Manlet

Re: Random Tool Social Media thread

Post by The Boss »

O love will you read the letters I will send to you.
N.Y.H.C.
Serial Thrilla

Post by N.Y.H.C. »

budsyralli wrote:as im on mushrooms at this very moment I thought 'imagine....if our words here represent us....and any 'one' member of the TOOL camp reads our posts/comments and such....do you feel that your words best represent 'you' ?... would you talk this way in front of these great artists about 'their' work? not sure if im making any sense..but really is this how you want to represent TOOL's fanbase....what the fuck right?
if you spent even 5 minutes of your mushroom trip sitting in front of your p.c. you're doing it wrong lol
Asteroids do not concern me, Admiral. I want that ship, not excuses.
not tyson
Grammy Winner
Height: 186cm

Post by not tyson »

budsyralli wrote:as im on mushrooms at this very moment I thought 'imagine....if our words here represent us....and any 'one' member of the TOOL camp reads our posts/comments and such....do you feel that your words best represent 'you' ?... would you talk this way in front of these great artists about 'their' work? not sure if im making any sense..but really is this how you want to represent TOOL's fanbase....what the fuck right?
Yes, yes it is, a bunch of cynical humorous guys, who the fuck do you think Tool are?
trilobite
Rhandy

Post by trilobite »

We've become our fathers
also, Avatar!
children
Metalologist

Post by children »

Not Tyson wrote:
Yes, yes it is, a bunch of cynical humorous guys, who the fuck do you think Tool are?
You make it sound like the attitude represented by the narcissistic members in this forum is some sort of light-hearted fun poking against a group of musicians, when in reality it is just straight up hateful bashing over the fact that they haven't released an album for "too long" and the last album they released wasn't "as good" as their most well-liked composition or their magnum opus, if you will, which is simply a fucking bias and means nothing whatsoever. Lateralus is much more accessible than 10,000 Days; that is the only difference in quality, period...

You believe that TOOL would think the negative bullshit coming from their "tool" fans is funny or even amusing? Yeah, maybe in the way a sad joke makes you laugh or how certain retarded people are hilarious for all the wrong reasons. You fuckers are an embarassment to the band. Tell me why they would think any different, or why they would care to even think about you at all, for that matter...

I bet TOOL prefers to pretend that this fan site and any other one dedicated to them and their music didn't exist. How could you sleep at night knowing that there is an entire online community built to manufacture criticism against you and your life's work?
"That's what you get when you argue with children..." -Tyson
hellboy
Site Admin
Height: 182cm

Post by hellboy »

If Tool asked me for my opinion on something I would give it as I see it. That's no different from how I'd act around anyone else.

I'm not one to get critical of anyone without first knowing they actually want to hear it.
trilobite
Rhandy

Post by trilobite »

Besides, I'm pretty sure MJay gets off on this shit..

As long as his names in your mouth, good or bad... OoOo
also, Avatar!
Tool_User01
Maynard Believer

Post by Tool_User01 »

It goes without saying that there are internet hard men and pretenders that wouldn't act the same in 'real life' but they are pretty easy to spot. Others are just themselves.
I find you get a bit of both wherever you go but even the pretenders are good deep down when you cut through the act. People in general are good natured when you take away the ego and this forum reflects that the same as any other internet forum in my opinion. Certainly nothing to be ashamed about.
not tyson
Grammy Winner

Post by not tyson »

children wrote:
Not Tyson wrote:
You make it sound like the attitude represented by the narcissistic members in this forum is some sort of light-hearted fun poking against a group of musicians, when in reality it is just straight up hateful bashing over the fact that they haven't released an album for "too long" and the last album they released wasn't "as good" as their most well-liked composition or their magnum opus, if you will, which is simply a fucking bias and means nothing whatsoever. Lateralus is much more accessible than 10,000 Days; that is the only difference in quality, period...

You believe that TOOL would think the negative bullshit coming from their "tool" fans is funny or even amusing? Yeah, maybe in the way a sad joke makes you laugh or how certain retarded people are hilarious for all the wrong reasons. You fuckers are an embarassment to the band. Tell me why they would think any different, or why they would care to even think about you at all, for that matter...

I bet TOOL prefers to pretend that this fan site and any other one dedicated to them and their music didn't exist. How could you sleep at night knowing that there is an entire online community built to manufacture criticism against you and your life's work?
There is only one member really 'bashing' Tool day in day out.

Get over yourself.
trilobite
Rhandy

Post by trilobite »

Tool_User01 wrote:It goes without saying that there are internet hard men and pretenders that wouldn't act the same in 'real life' but they are pretty easy to spot. Others are just themselves.
I find you get a bit of both wherever you go but even the pretenders are good deep down when you cut through the act. People in general are good natured when you take away the ego and this forum reflects that the same as any other internet forum in my opinion. Certainly nothing to be ashamed about.
I like you.
also, Avatar!
not tyson
Grammy Winner

Post by not tyson »

I wonder how many of you are actually one guy posting under different usernames using proxies?
ilikecheese
Hey Jude

Post by ilikecheese »

some are obvious, no?
The above post is entertainment. It is most likely not directed at any individual unless specified. Any other interpretation, gleaning, or reckoning, of this post without the express, written, consent of Cheese, is strictly prohibited.
not tyson
Grammy Winner

Post by not tyson »

Wait, what if I'm the only real person posting here and everyone else is just one guy?

:|
ilikecheese
Hey Jude

Post by ilikecheese »

Then who is that one guy?
The above post is entertainment. It is most likely not directed at any individual unless specified. Any other interpretation, gleaning, or reckoning, of this post without the express, written, consent of Cheese, is strictly prohibited.
petemasterpete
Lunchinator
Height: 7" (limp)

Post by petemasterpete »

having actually spoken to Danny, as well as some of the members here, in real life outside of the internets, I can say I absolutely do talk to and treat people, regardless of the arena, exactly the same ... I hate you fuckers and your mother's and Danny's, too ... doesn't mean I wouldn't buy you or him a beer, shoot the shit for a while and then point and laugh at your ignorant face as soon as the opportunity presents itself ...

so far as tool is concerned, it's more of a gag for me ... I dig their music immensely, but could give a shit what they do, in all honesty. Am I going to be excited to hear new tunes sometime? Absolutely. Am I really hanging shit on them in all seriousness? Not at all.

that said, Tool is a bunch of lazy fucks who are likely to release one of the biggest failures of an album ever ... someday
well piss on my tits and tell me it's raining
void
Fanboi

Post by void »

As maladjusted of a person as this petemasterpete guy seems to be...I think he is probably the most accurate when describing the possible reception the next tool album will get.
petemasterpete
Lunchinator
Height: 7" (limp)

Post by petemasterpete »

void wrote:maladjusted
my word ... well I never ...
well piss on my tits and tell me it's raining
Calfium Jay
Queric
Height: 189cm

Post by Calfium Jay »

When the new Tool album finally drops in late November 2014 it will be the biggest anti climax in the world of entertainment since movie goers finally got to see Star Wars Episode 1 and watched in horror as George Lucas proceeded to take a giant, steaming dump all over their collective childhood memories.
'It is time for us to be doing what we have been doing every day. And that time is now'

Actual quote from Kamala Harris
UndKeineZwEier
has a small dick

Post by UndKeineZwEier »

petemasterpete wrote:
void wrote:maladjusted
my word ... well I never ...
Jesus, that is pretty harsh. What the fuck did you do, Pete? Rape his mother?
Don't mow your lawn
not tyson
Grammy Winner

Post by not tyson »

Calfium Jay wrote:When the new Tool album finally drops in late November 2014 it will be the biggest anti climax in the world of entertainment since movie goers finally got to see Star Wars Episode 1 and watched in horror as George Lucas proceeded to take a giant, steaming dump all over their collective childhood memories.
And just like with Episode 1, people will claim it's the best thing ever.
not tyson
Grammy Winner

Post by not tyson »

Can't wait for Disney to buy the rights to Tool, we should get a new album every 2 years, maybe a few spinoff bands!
Calfium Jay
Queric
Height: 189cm

Post by Calfium Jay »

Well rumour has it that Tool were all set to film their own adaptation of The Lord Of The Rings.

'cept that Maynard kept whining about being cast as Gollum and the whole thing went to ground.
'It is time for us to be doing what we have been doing every day. And that time is now'

Actual quote from Kamala Harris
The Boss
LSDeeeeeee
Height: Not A Fucking Manlet

Post by The Boss »

Calfium Jay wrote:When the new Tool album finally drops in late November 2014 it will be the biggest anti climax in the world of entertainment since movie goers finally got to see Star Wars Episode 1 and watched in horror as George Lucas proceeded to take a giant, steaming dump all over their collective childhood memories.
Unless it's a double CD with a bonus DVD of live concert footage, I doubt it will really meet expectations. The fanbois will claim it's the greatest thing ever, but secretly we'll all be a little disappointed.

I'm happy to be proven wrong though.
O love will you read the letters I will send to you.
void
Fanboi

Post by void »

lol sorry he just sounds/types weirdly.
No username
Maynard Believer

Post by No username »

The Boss wrote:
Unless it's a double CD with a bonus DVD of live concert footage, I doubt it will really meet expectations. The fanbois will claim it's the greatest thing ever, but secretly we'll all be a little disappointed.

I'm happy to be proven wrong though.
I really dont care about a double cd or dvd, I just want one good solid album containing 12-14 quality tracks, personally it dosn't have to be their best album, for me basically its about legacy and overall quality in their catalog of work, if they cant make it better than 10,000 days (which was not a bad album mind you) then I don't think its worth releasing one, their problem is that have always set a very high standard, for me its about respectability at this point, they have such a good body of work they have everything to lose....

that's just my opinion anyway