Random Tool Social Media thread

The Main Event
tiresias
Has been

Re: Random Tool Social Media thread

Post by tiresias »

MayJay says you all can blame him for the record, so I am sure you will. http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/ ... s-20131113
“Casual Fan”
Kittaan
Peen Taster

Post by Kittaan »

^ I am sure they will too.
Ki77aan :twisted:
trilobite
Rhandy

Post by trilobite »

MOG wrote:Lateralus is Tool's best album.

Children is a fucking idiot.

Pete likes Maynie Cum all over his face.

Tyson is a hairy, dirtycunt.

Your favorite band has become a joke.

The End.
Will u have my babies?
also, Avatar!
children
Metalologist

Post by children »

budsyralli wrote:for me my experience started with opiate back when that nirvana 'nevermind' album came out...tool stuck out and nirvana got backseated..this was grade 6 for me...I remember when I heard undertow that this shit was great....often putting it on headphones when falling asleep.....aenima was first heard on cassette tape.........that album took hold right away aswell.......then I got salival dvd......got lateralus on release day..........I got on/ into the online forum/ toolarmy just after 10000days released.....now for me it feels 10000days is quite different...every album is..right?.....just this year I found that if you actually sit/lay down put a good set of headphones on....close your eyes and listen..absorb...let yourself access the sound..let it paint the picture...it will come alive........I now have a new appreciation for this album...and future projects
It actually happened for me in the last year or so also. Somewhere along the way it just made sense.

10,000 Days not only helped me appreciate TOOL's other albums, but helped me appreciate other bands' music and expanded my taste in other types of music as well...
"That's what you get when you argue with children..." -Tyson
budsyralli
Fornicraster
Height: this tall

Post by budsyralli »

with headphones there is so much more depth to 10000days
go taff!
void
Fanboi

Post by void »

"I don't write the music. They write the music," he says of his bandmates. "I wait for them to bring music to me. They tend to go back over and over stuff. It's a long process. For a person like me, it can be a very tedious process."

Keenan admits he has high creative standards, but adds, "In some ways, they are bigger perfectionists. But you can only help support their talent so long. They don't have to go through it 700 times. They can trust that first thought. But that's their process, so you gotta let them do it." And is that process happening? "I couldn't tell you," says Keenan.

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/ ... z2kYlhWYF8
Ettan
Dopocalyptic
Height: 190cm

Post by Ettan »

void wrote:"I don't write the music. They write the music," he says of his bandmates. "I wait for them to bring music to me. They tend to go back over and over stuff. It's a long process. For a person like me, it can be a very tedious process."

Keenan admits he has high creative standards, but adds, "In some ways, they are bigger perfectionists. But you can only help support their talent so long. They don't have to go through it 700 times. They can trust that first thought. But that's their process, so you gotta let them do it." And is that process happening? "I couldn't tell you," says Keenan.

With all this waiting, all this build up for this album, it's gonna blow. It is going to be the biggest let down 2014, or even 2015. Then after a while when they tour people will start realizing it's not such a bad album after all. It will go about 1-2 months then everyone loves the damn thing. Deja vu much?
void
Fanboi

Post by void »

I actually feel like this album will be pretty good, even with the long wait. That new jam in 11/8 time they were playing in 2012 and 2013 sounded awesome.

The make-it-or-break-it... in my opinion... will be Maynard's vocals. He's been using too many vocal effects and too much studio-trickery since eMotive on.
The Boss
LSDeeeeeee
Height: Not A Fucking Manlet

Post by The Boss »

Tool_User01 wrote:10,000 days was the first Tool album I listened to and it got me hooked straight away. I can kind of see why it might be seen as not as good as lateralus etc but at the end of the day who wants two albums the same? I like it as much as any of their other albums,I dont have them in any kind of order I just listen to whichever one im in the mood for and if im not in the mood then I dont bother.

One thing that stand out about it for me is that it doesn't have any kind of 'flow' to it.One of the things im curious about the new album is whether or not it will have the same kind of 'flow' as lateralus or will it be more about individual songs.
Ever had a really good meal at a restaurant? Really good blowjob? Great beer?

Several of the same great thing can make it even better.
O love will you read the letters I will send to you.
N.Y.H.C.
Serial Thrilla

Post by N.Y.H.C. »

budsyralli wrote:with headphones there is so much more depth to 10000days
*good headphones
Asteroids do not concern me, Admiral. I want that ship, not excuses.
not tyson
Grammy Winner
Height: 186cm

Post by not tyson »

It sounds amazing with my skullcandy earbuds, the word I would use is transcendent
Ettan
Dopocalyptic
Height: 190cm

Post by Ettan »

I can't listen to 10k days with headphones. When I have a very high volume the guitar is just to damn loud in the mix
basejumper
Droner

Post by basejumper »

~
I didn't know Maynard drove a smart car.
~
Professor of Lesbian Science
children
Metalologist

Post by children »

MOG wrote:Lateralus is Tool's best album.

Children is a fucking idiot.

Pete likes Maynie Cum all over his face.

Tyson is a cunt.

Your favorite band has become a joke.

The End.
It's always gonna be sour grapes with you, boy...
children
Metalologist

Post by children »

The Boss wrote:
Tool_User01 wrote:10,000 days was the first Tool album I listened to and it got me hooked straight away. I can kind of see why it might be seen as not as good as lateralus etc but at the end of the day who wants two albums the same? I like it as much as any of their other albums,I dont have them in any kind of order I just listen to whichever one im in the mood for and if im not in the mood then I dont bother.

One thing that stand out about it for me is that it doesn't have any kind of 'flow' to it.One of the things im curious about the new album is whether or not it will have the same kind of 'flow' as lateralus or will it be more about individual songs.

Yeah, sure, fine, okay, whatever, you can have the same good thing twice and it can get better the second, or third, or fourth, or fifth, or sixth, or seventh, or eighth, or ninth, or tenth, or even the ELEVENTH time; so go listen to Lateralus over and over again then...

Why does TOOL have to create the same thing twice just so you can have the same experience over again?
children
Metalologist

Post by children »

budsyralli wrote:with headphones there is so much more depth to 10000days
The depth, texture and overall atmosphere of 10,000 Days is light-years ahead of Lateralus, in my opinion.

It takes the whole dark psychedelia aspect to an entirely new level...
Last edited by children on Thu Nov 14, 2013 3:13 am, edited 2 times in total.
The Boss
LSDeeeeeee

Post by The Boss »

children wrote:
The Boss wrote:

Yeah, sure, fine, okay, whatever, you can have the same good thing twice and it can get better the second, or third, or fourth, or fifth, or sixth, or seventh, or eighth, or ninth, or tenth, or even the ELEVENTH time; so go listen to Lateralus over and over again then...

Why does TOOL have to create the same thing twice just so you can have the same experience over again?
I'm now completely convinced that you're a troll. Nothing you say ever makes sense.
UndKeineZwEier
has a small dick

Post by UndKeineZwEier »

In a hidda bodda budda
Don't mow your lawn
Calfium Jay
Queric
Height: 189cm

Post by Calfium Jay »

void wrote:"I don't write the music. They write the music," he says of his bandmates. "I wait for them to bring music to me. They tend to go back over and over stuff. It's a long process. For a person like me, it can be a very tedious process."

Every time Maynard gives out one of these -say nothing much really and give away no real information on anything substantial in particular - type interviews, someone, somewhere kills a puppy.

So......Thanks Maynard. Thanks a lot. Say adios to lil Bouncer over here:

'It is time for us to be doing what we have been doing every day. And that time is now'

Actual quote from Kamala Harris
children
Metalologist

Post by children »

The Boss wrote:I'm now completely convinced that you're a troll. Nothing you say ever makes sense.
What doesn't make sense?

You said: two of the same good thing makes it better.

I said: so just listen Lateralus twice or however many times you want.

What is so hard to understand about that?
ilikecheese
Hey Jude

Post by ilikecheese »

heh heh....hard
The above post is entertainment. It is most likely not directed at any individual unless specified. Any other interpretation, gleaning, or reckoning, of this post without the express, written, consent of Cheese, is strictly prohibited.
The Boss
LSDeeeeeee

Post by The Boss »

Calfium Jay wrote:

Every time Maynard gives out one of these -say nothing much really and give away no real information on anything substantial in particular - type interviews, someone, somewhere kills a puppy.

So......Thanks Maynard. Thanks a lot. Say adios to lil Bouncer over here:

The 'Nard has always looked like a hardcore animal-abuser to me. Your theory makes perfect sense.
UndKeineZwEier
has a small dick

Post by UndKeineZwEier »

Guess what Fourtheye

SHIT WRONG THREAD

WE GOT TOO MANY DAMN RANDOM THREADS

I THOUGHT THIS WAS THE FUCKING RANDOM THOUGHTS THREAD

FUCK
FUCK
FUCK
FUCK
Don't mow your lawn
not tyson
Grammy Winner
Height: 186cm

Post by not tyson »

I think Jeff Goldblum is my favourite person in Hollywood, not actor, just all round person.

He just don't give a fuck.
budsyralli
Fornicraster
Height: this tall

Post by budsyralli »

yes good headphones..volume NOT cranked.....very cool...add psychedelics.....its a world of an album for sure........ I haven't tried it on beer/booze yet....I wonder how 'great' that is?
go taff!