Intronaut

Music in all its forms and styles
James
Fanboi

Post by James »

Saw Intronaut last night at Fitzgerald's, they were really great. I especially enjoyed the pieces they played from Valley of Smoke, and I'd see them again, but I'm sorry to say the almost 3 hours wait between arriving and sitting through some mixed-bag opening bands burned me out a bit. I like the experience Intronaut creates, and being in a small venue lent itself to that quite well.
joeypants
Goderator

Post by joeypants »

The place I'm seeing them with Meshuggah is SO awesome. Tiny little theater styled place that's very nice, multiple bars surrounding the theater area, comfy seats and you can see perfectly from all of them. 

The place this Saturday is a dive bar. But... it's our dive bar. Ha. It gets the job done and has a certain charm to it. Definitely intimate. 
joeypants
Goderator

Post by joeypants »

Damn, these guys are SO good live. Some unfortunate technical problems with the venue's PA, but that didn't really hamper them at all. Super nice guys also.
MOG
Scissorman

Post by MOG »

Where the vids at yo?  You just opened for Intronaut.  Pimp your shit son.
joeypants
Goderator

Post by joeypants »

I'll have to see if any of the other guys got videos of Intronaut. As for us, I know no one we brought filmed anything but it's possible someone else did. If it surfaces, I'll post it. 

Boy, the new stuff they played was reeeeeeally good. If you're into them already, you're going to love the new material. And I can't stress enough what nice guys they are. If they're ever in your area make sure to see them. Top notch all around. 
UndKeineZwEier
has a small dick

Post by UndKeineZwEier »

I found this vid not too long ago.

Don't mow your lawn
Davvda
My pain is just an excuse

Post by Davvda »

I dislike Intronaut's vocals but the musicianship is so good that I can live with it. Love this song. 
Kittaan
Peen Taster

Post by Kittaan »

UndKeineEier said
I found this vid not too long ago.

Joeypants, you should have posted this up here back in August dude.  That was an excellent jam.  Sucks for a talented band to play to a seemingly empty room (although I heard some applause at the end, so hopefully that wasn't the case).  Hope your gig went well.  If you were local, I would certainly go and support you.

Well done.
Ki77aan :twisted:
joeypants
Goderator

Post by joeypants »

Thanks a lot, Kitaan. That's quite flattering as you've been here for a long time and (obviously) have good taste in music. Ha.

The empty room looks worse than it was because that place is absurdly huge. You could seriously fit probably 2000 people in that room we were in. It's absurd and out of place for this town. More like a huge nightclub. It was also 2 p.m. on a Sunday of some all weekend "festival" that was geared towards dubstep so yeah... not many people there haha. Also that was only our second show so it's not like we had or have too big of a following. The Intronaut show was only our fifth show.

And yeah, the Intronaut gig went very well. Turn out could've been better overall, and there were P.A. issues but they still killed it. It was incredibly surreal to see a band that you're independently a big fan of standing up front watching you play and applauding. Again, incredibly great group of guys and insanely talented band. They've gotten significantly better than when I saw them back in '09 with Mastodon.

Can't wait for tomorrow with Meshuggah!

Also, I went ahead and made a thread for our band so that I stop clogging this one with our junk!

http://www.fourtheye.net/f/music/transmute/
MOG
Scissorman

Post by MOG »

Well done Joey.  Your band sounds excellent live and the lighting and effects are solid.  You guys are definitely a jam band, that is where you shine.  If you ever make over to the east coast let me know.  I echo Kittan's sentiment as well, shame there wasn't a large crowd there watching.  Never understood why people sometimes skip opening acts.  Christ it would be like someone skipping Intronaut to see Animals as Leaders and Meshuggah, or even worse, skipping both bands just to see Meshuggah.
joeypants
Goderator

Post by joeypants »

Thank you very much. We're basically on the East Coast (Florida panhandle), so hopefully sooner than later we'll start being able to plan various dates around the East Coast. Where are you at? 
MOG
Scissorman

Post by MOG »

joeypants said
Thank you very much. We're basically on the East Coast (Florida panhandle), so hopefully sooner than later we'll start being able to plan various dates around the East Coast. Where are you at? 

Baltimore/Washington area.  Philly is a bit of a hike and Northern VA is always a traffic nightmare but anywhere in/around Balt/Washington is cool.
UndKeineZwEier
has a small dick

Post by UndKeineZwEier »

It seems Atlanta is going to get an instrumental set tonight.
Don't mow your lawn
Ravenpig
Peen Taster

Post by Ravenpig »

I heard Prehistoricisms yesterday for the first time, and I think I like it more than Valley of Smoke.  A song about Australopithecus?  Fucking awesome!  Very cool album.  8/10 after just two listens.
Hey! Denty!
hellboy
Site Admin
Height: 182cm

Post by hellboy »

Sounds like another instrumental set in Charlotte tonight as well.  Hope Jens gets well soon.
MOG
Scissorman

Post by MOG »

hellboy1975 said
Sounds like another instrumental set in Charlotte tonight as well.  Hope Jens gets well soon.

Motherfucker better start drinking some green tea before the Saturday show.
not tyson
Grammy Winner
Height: 186cm

Post by not tyson »

Not entirely sure what is going on musically here.  The vibe is Djent, although certainly a more toned down version of Djent.  Certainly not Animals as Leaders style Djent.  No real build up of any kind.  If the idea was to write a Djent style album with a singer that is not going to work.  Rarely have I heard a good Djent band that has a singer.  I think Meshuggah would have worked better as an instrumental band.  Again though, it is early and this is all based off one song.  This may not reflect the general musical direction of the project at all.  I am still intrigued, but "Koloss", at this moment in time, is rather underwhelming.  One can only hope the rest of the album is more cohesive in direction and concept.
MOG
Scissorman

Post by MOG »

Tyson said
Meshuggah makes my dick hard

petemasterpete
Lunchinator
Height: 7" (limp)

Post by petemasterpete »

Intronaut streaming new track: The Welding
well piss on my tits and tell me it's raining
Davvda
My pain is just an excuse

Post by Davvda »

Thanks for sharing, Pete. Sounds great and I adore the polyrhythms this band uses.
The Boss
LSDeeeeeee
Height: Not A Fucking Manlet

Post by The Boss »

Tyson said
 Not entirely sure what is going on musically here.  The vibe is Djent, although certainly a more toned down version of Djent.  Certainly not Animals as Leaders style Djent.  No real build up of any kind.  If the idea was to write a Djent style album with a singer that is not going to work.  Rarely have I heard a good Djent band that has a singer.  I think Meshuggah would have worked better as an instrumental band.  Again though, it is early and this is all based off one song.  This may not reflect the general musical direction of the project at all.  I am still intrigued, but "Koloss", at this moment in time, is rather underwhelming.  One can only hope the rest of the album is more cohesive in direction and concept.

Do you copy and paste ALL of your comments here?

O love will you read the letters I will send to you.
MOG
Scissorman

Post by MOG »

petemasterpete said

Fantastic song.  Milk Leg is also outstanding.  The new album is going to be excellent.  Intronaut are one of the very best bands around at the moment.  Everything they have released, from Null to Valley of Smoke, is exceptional.  I have no doubt the rest of the songs off Habitual Levitations will be equally as good.
The Boss
LSDeeeeeee
Height: Not A Fucking Manlet

Post by The Boss »

mogeffingmog said

petemasterpete said

Fantastic song.  Milk Leg is also outstanding.  The new album is going to be excellent.  Intronaut are one of the very best bands around at the moment.  Everything they have released, from Null to Valley of Smoke, is exceptional.  I have no doubt the rest of the songs off Habitual Levitations will be equally as good.

Thanks for this post. You've literally given the impetus I needed to give these guys some solid listening.

O love will you read the letters I will send to you.
Ravenpig
Peen Taster

Post by Ravenpig »

Mog's posts are what convinced me to finally give them a listen.

I still can't believe they wrote a song about Australopithecus!
Hey! Denty!
joeypants
Goderator

Post by joeypants »

The Welding is phenomenal live.