Intronaut

Music in all its forms and styles
MOG
Scissorman

Post by MOG »

This evening's concert was, without question, the best concert I have ever attended.  Intronaut was superb.  The ease with which they play complex polyrhythms is amazing.  The crowd was very responsive and Intronaut no doubt gained many new fans.  I met David after the show and he is a very nice dude.  I got to see their sound check and you can tell they really enjoy playing together.  Intronaut is offering a great merch deal.  For $30 bucks you can buy a T-Shirt (which rocks btw) and get an instant download card that gives you access to the new Milk Leg single and gives you access to the full album when it comes out on March 19th.

Animals as Leaders were excellent.  Tosin is without question the greatest guitar player I have ever seen.  Hard to explain just how good this guy is, you really need to see it for yourself.

Meshuggah was phenomenal.  Jens gave everything he had and is still fighting the flu.  He performed most of the set.  Sacha from Intronaut did New Millennium Cyanide Christ.  They finished the set with an instrumental version of Dancers To A Discordant System that was outstanding.

I highly recommend getting the VIP package.  The Meshuggah T-Shirt is one of the highest quality concert shirts I have ever seen.  They gave out a 10" vinyl Pitch Black EP and a signed, high quality poster.  Well worth the additional cost.
Ravenpig
Peen Taster

Post by Ravenpig »

^Very cool man, I'm glad you got to see Meshuggah at almost full strength and Intronaut kept blowing your mind.

I need me a concert experience soon, its been a while.
Hey! Denty!
joeypants
Goderator

Post by joeypants »

Tosin is an amazing guitarist, but I just check out after like 2 songs with AAL. There's no real groove or "musicality" to it for me. It just feels like one long wank session, like if Steve Vai was a huge Meshuggah fan or something. It's fucking amazing and impressive to watch from a guitarist point of view of course. I could NEVER do that shit.
MOG
Scissorman

Post by MOG »

joeypants said
Tosin is an amazing guitarist, but I just check out after like 2 songs with AAL. There's no real groove or "musicality" to it for me. It just feels like one long wank session, like if Steve Vai was a huge Meshuggah fan or something. It's fucking amazing and impressive to watch from a guitarist point of view of course. I could NEVER do that shit.

I gotta disagree when it comes to Tosin.  Don't get me wrong though, overall, I get what you are saying and I agree to an extent.  Joe Satriani is a great example.  Fantastic guitar player who makes horrible albums.  I do think some guitar players just go way over the top.  Very often, less is more.  But with Tosin, the normal rules just do not apply.  I mean think about what he does in all of his songs.  He incorporates so many different styles of playing onto an 8 string guitar.  Crazy sweep picking, tapping, finger picking, slapping, etc.  And he incorporates so much Jazz into his playing.  He is so different from other technical guitar players in metal.  I have no doubt he is holding back quite often which allows Javier and Matt to shine as well.
joeypants
Goderator

Post by joeypants »

Yeah I can see all that. I mean, he's still miles ahead of a lot of the other tech guys we've mentioned when it comes to pleasing my ear. But it's still all too much for me to really enjoy more than I just admire the skill involved. IF I was going to listen to or watch a tech-oriented player though, I'd rather see them than just about anyone else I've heard.
joeypants
Goderator

Post by joeypants »

The dudes were kind enough to mention us in this new interview.

http://www.heavyblogisheavy.com/2013/02 ... interview/

Also, cool new video on Danny's drums for the new album. You get some cool snippets of some of the new stuff.

UndKeineZwEier
has a small dick

Post by UndKeineZwEier »

According to Wikipedia Tre Cool was a former member of Intronaut along with Snoop Dogg and John Madden.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Intronaut#Former_members
Don't mow your lawn
MOG
Scissorman

Post by MOG »

joeypants said
The dudes were kind enough to mention us in this new interview.

http://www.heavyblogisheavy.com/2013/02 ... interview/

Also, cool new video on Danny's drums for the new album. You get some cool snippets of some of the new stuff.

^ All kinds of awesome.  I really hope this is the album that pushes Intronaut into that next level in terms of exposure.  They are so fucking good and they create fantastic music.  I would love to see them reach a level where they can fully support themselves from revenue generated from Intronaut.  Sickens me to think a band this good struggles to get by while shit bands make crazy money putting out shit music.
ziggy23
Stink Wizard

Post by ziggy23 »

- You like noisy music?
- Yes. The louder the better. Stops me from thinking.
- You don't like to think? What do you like?
- Never thought about it.
MOG
Scissorman

Post by MOG »

^ As I mentioned previously, hands down the best concert I have ever been too.  Intronaut, Animals as Leaders, and Meshuggah.  As much as I love all three bands, I can honestly say I think Intronaut was the highlight for me.  The song above is called The Welding, and is off their upcoming album, Habitual Levitations (Instilling Words with Tones).

An Early Review of the new album

ziggy23
Stink Wizard

Post by ziggy23 »

- You like noisy music?
joeypants
Goderator

Post by joeypants »

Goddamnit. I really did try to restrain myself because I don't want to have heard the whole album before I get it. Nonetheless...

http://www.visions.de/news/18114/Intron ... e-Premiere
MOG
Scissorman

Post by MOG »

joeypants said
Goddamnit. I really did try to restrain myself because I don't want to have heard the whole album before I get it. Nonetheless...

http://www.visions.de/news/18114/Intron ... e-Premiere

Fuck that is awesome.  I actually don't feel bad about listening in this case since I already bought the album download card which included Milk Leg as well.  And they played Milk Leg and The Welding live.  The Way Down is equally as good.  Fuck if the other songs are as good as the three we have heard, this album is going to be spectacular.
joeypants
Goderator

Post by joeypants »

Oh it's definitely going to be one of my favorite albums of the year. I don't feel bad listening, I just prefer to save it all for one big listen rather than hear all of it in pieces and then buy it, knowing what's coming.
MOG
Scissorman

Post by MOG »

joeypants said
Oh it's definitely going to be one of my favorite albums of the year. I don't feel bad listening, I just prefer to save it all for one big listen rather than hear all of it in pieces and then buy it, knowing what's coming.

I get where you are coming from.  I usually take that same approach.  I think if I hadn't heard Milk Leg and The Welding live, I wouldn't have wanted to hear The Way Down yet.  I feel like a kid at christmas just waiting for the days to tick off until the 19th.
joeypants
Goderator

Post by joeypants »

ziggy23
Stink Wizard

Post by ziggy23 »

- You like noisy music?
wisevitamin
Bronco's Fan

Post by wisevitamin »

Man this band is so rhythmically talented.
MOG
Scissorman

Post by MOG »

^ Werd.  One of the most talented bands on the planet.  Great song.  Nice to see you VitimanG.  How you livin player?
wisevitamin
Bronco's Fan

Post by wisevitamin »

been good. Just found the link to milk leg on the first page of the thread. It prompted a 4 hour intronaut spree that I am still on.

Damn this new album is gonna be tight.
petemasterpete
Lunchinator
Height: 7" (limp)

Post by petemasterpete »

intronaut: sore sight for eyes
well piss on my tits and tell me it's raining
MOG
Scissorman

Post by MOG »

^ So good.  So good.  11 days and i will be jerkin it to this album.  Hard.
wisevitamin
Bronco's Fan

Post by wisevitamin »

Heres a bunch of live intronaut shows that were recorded, including the 03.02.2013 show. Pretty good quality, were up in a link on the bands FB page

http://darshun.blogspot.com/2013/03/int ... aders.html

Also an AAL show and some meshuggah stuff, check it out man.

Edit: woah dude, the 08.26.2008 concert is amazing. No names on the songs when you extract it, so here is the setlist, after having listened to it.

1. Last few minutes of literal black cloud

2. Whittler of fortune

3. Australopithecus

4. Sundial pt.1

5. Sundial pt.2

6. Prehistoricisms

7. Iceblocks

8. Any port

hellboy
Site Admin
Height: 182cm

Post by hellboy »

Most (if not all) of the new album is now streaming: http://lambgoat.com/bits/6884/Intronaut ... evitations
MOG
Scissorman

Post by MOG »

^ Thanks for getting behind the new album HB.  Are you going to put something up about the release?  A week away.  Also, would be happy to do a proper review for you if you don't feel like fucking with it after it comes out.  The Intronaut fellas are quality peeps.  Hope with this release, they reach that next level in terms of exposure.  Get to a point where they can headline the kind of tour they just opened up for.  They are way too good to just be an opening act.