The Grudge (WARNING: 26 years to #6?)

The Main Event
M0G
Lungsmen

Re: The Grudge

Post by M0G »

Calfium Jay wrote:
M0G wrote: Bands that are creating fantastic music that need more exposure. Professional musicians who are passionate about making music and who don't hide their bullshit behind smoke and mirrors. Bands worth supporting.
Yeah. It's a sad state of affairs but this more or less sums up how I feel. They're just lazy. Falling back on past glories to make a buck. Touring old material. Re-releasing old material. Hell, even making videos for old materials. It's as if they had thrown their arms up in defeat and yelled "We give up. We have nothing left to give. That's it. That's all we have."

Which is fine. But then come out and say just that, instead of using "smoke and mirrors" to create the illusion that shit is indeed happening.

I am of the opinion that the new album - assuming there even IS a new album - is a long, long way off. In fact I wouldn't be surprised if there was ANOTHER Australian tour between now and the release date three years from now.

And Danny Carey with his constant "Yeah, we're just jamming. Y'know just throwing around ideas and seeing what sticks. Just having fun with the material, y'know. We've got three or four frameworks that we're havin' a blast with y'know. Just kind noting ideas and seeing what happens. I'd say it'll be out....definitely by the end of the year."

Throwing around ides and seeing what sticks. Dude, you said that in February of 2011!!!! It is now February of 2014!!! Are you still just "jamming and seeing what sticks"????

What bunch of "talented" musicians takes that long to put a bunch of songs together??? You are obviously bereft of ideas. "Tool 2014" my ass!!!

:twisted:
^ Yup that is it right there. At this point it has become almost comical. Ah Cal at least we have each other. Let's spoon.
The most intelligent person on this forum
M0G
Lungsmen

Post by M0G »

Not Tyson wrote:
M0G wrote:$400 dollars for VIP passes? bwhahahaahaha
They were $500
Evenin cunt I hope you had an exceptionally shitty day and I hope tomorrow is even worse. I imagine the drinking has already commenced?
not tyson
Grammy Winner
Height: 186cm

Post by not tyson »

You're that fucking stupid you don't even know how to time zone?
Kittaan
Peen Taster

Post by Kittaan »

Not much to add. It's a sad state of affairs. I'll be showing up for my ass raping in March. And looking forward to it. 8')
Ki77aan :twisted:
M0G
Lungsmen

Post by M0G »

Not Tyson wrote:You're that fucking stupid you don't even know how to time zone?
When has the time ever stopped you from getting drunk??? Nice try cunt
not tyson
Grammy Winner
Height: 186cm

Post by not tyson »

You said you hoped I had a shitty day when it just started, dick.

Started pretty well tbh, got another raise, that's 2 in 8 months.
xZ1mM3r
Barnacle Bill

Post by xZ1mM3r »

Not Tyson wrote:You said you hoped I had a shitty day when it just started, dick.

Started pretty well tbh, got another raise, that's 2 in 8 months.
picking up nickles from fountains instead of pennies now?
N.Y.H.C.
Serial Thrilla

Post by N.Y.H.C. »

M0G wrote:
Baahumbug wrote:No dude, I'm just sorry. I thought maybe that's what you need.
Fuck it man. Just fucking fuck it.

But hey you fuck tard! Their music is good... Why do you care about all their other bullshit?
Been at this Tool shit since the beginning. Have watched an excellent band devolve into this disgusting THING and baffle over the fact that their fan base practically begs to get fucked in the ass. I can't even think of another band at the moment that has treated their fans with such disdain. Well the feeling is mutual. Fuck Tool. They made two great albums. It is sickening to see how they are fucking gushed over by the industry when they have essentially done very little. Their lack of professionalism is remarkable. I do not respect bands that are looking to fuck over their fans while essentially giving them nothing in return. $400 dollars for VIP passes? bwhahahaahaha Get the fuck out of here. A four album band somehow manages to get away with that shit? I cannot process the blind loyalty that so many have. When it comes to Tool, I am going to call bullshit whenever I see it, as often as possible.

The rest of my time spent here involves trashing Tyson whenever possible and pimping out quality music. Bands that deserve the respect and success they obtain. Bands that are creating fantastic music that need more exposure. Professional musicians who are passionate about making music and who don't hide their bullshit behind smoke and mirrors. Bands worth supporting.
MOG'S BACK!!! WHATTUP NIGGA!!
Asteroids do not concern me, Admiral. I want that ship, not excuses.
'][' [[]] [[]] ][,
RIP

Post by '][' [[]] [[]] ][, »

TOOL make it obvious that this is a cash grab. Then to add insult to injury the purposely bypass LA. The only thing they love more than money is hating LA. They should write a song about it.
The Boss
LSDeeeeeee
Height: Not A Fucking Manlet

Post by The Boss »

We still talk about TOOL here?

LOL x 1,000
O love will you read the letters I will send to you.
basejumper
Droner

Post by basejumper »

You guys are sensitive, taking this hiatus and making it personal... like Tool owes you something. Funny! I don't usually read much in this thread because I don't have time for all that negativity!

At least we have this quality music which everyone should have time for!
[BBvideo 560,340][/BBvideo]
Professor of Lesbian Science
The Boss
LSDeeeeeee

Post by The Boss »

basejumper wrote:You guys are sensitive, taking this hiatus and making it personal... like Tool owes you something. Funny! I don't usually read much in this thread because I don't have time for all that negativity!

At least we have this quality music which everyone should have time for!
[BBvideo 560,340][/BBvideo]
A true celebration of nigger culture.
hellboy
Site Admin
Height: 182cm

Post by hellboy »

Didn't take long for the racism to resume I see...
The Boss
LSDeeeeeee

Post by The Boss »

hellboy wrote:Didn't take long for the racism to resume I see...
Still a humourless bastard, I see . . .
Calfium Jay
Queric
Height: 189cm

Post by Calfium Jay »

He voted for the Greens. What do you expect?
'It is time for us to be doing what we have been doing every day. And that time is now'

Actual quote from Kamala Harris
TheBirdman
Has been

Post by TheBirdman »

You greeny!
children
Metalologist

Post by children »

At the same old shit again, Mog. Fucking pathetic.

Stop trying to pretend that you don't give a shit about TOOL. You really just hate yourself because you know that you do care, and you are ashamed of it.

What is the deal with you? Do you think that if you convince everyone to dislike TOOL that somehow you will be able to get over the fact that TOOL let you down?

Sure, it is disappointing that TOOL didn't release more music over the years, but they have still given us some fucking great music, and some outstanding live performances, all while holding out on some REAL cash grabs in order to preserve their artistic integrity. They could have made a lot more money back in their prime if that is what they were truly after; they could have pushed out an average album every couple of years and had their band photos all over the mainstream media, squeezing every drop of profit out of their popularity, but they decided that the music was more important.

The way they are going about making money these days is no different than the way any other band would go about funding their musical ventures. It just so happens that they can fill arenas and make millions. They don't have to go through that struggle in the music industry, perhaps causing them to get lazy, but COME ON, GET REAL, anyone else would have taken advantage of those privileges, especially if you worked hard for years in order to get into that position. TOOL deserves every bit of their fame and glory.

If TOOL put out the album this year, i would be ecstatic. If it doesn't happen then that is the way it goes; i am not going to get upset about it. Life goes on. There is other music out there.

All this effort to get under the skin of TOOL fans is futile, and i really feel sorry for you, Mog. Your life must be a fucking drag if something so minor as a band not releasing music and trying to make money pisses you off so much.

As long as TOOL is still touring, nothing else really matters. The live shows are the most thrilling thing about TOOL's existence, and i will be there in March for the gathering of the "Toolios." I can't wait to see how "unprofessional" they are...
"That's what you get when you argue with children..." -Tyson
Calfium Jay
Queric
Height: 189cm

Post by Calfium Jay »

children wrote: it is disappointing that TOOL didn't release more music over the years

You had me right there.
'It is time for us to be doing what we have been doing every day. And that time is now'

Actual quote from Kamala Harris
The Boss
LSDeeeeeee

Post by The Boss »

children wrote:At the same old shit again, Mog. Fucking pathetic.

Stop trying to pretend that you don't give a shit about TOOL. You really just hate yourself because you know that you do care, and you are ashamed of it.

What is the deal with you? Do you think that if you convince everyone to dislike TOOL that somehow you will be able to get over the fact that TOOL let you down?

Sure, it is disappointing that TOOL didn't release more music over the years, but they have still given us some fucking great music, and some outstanding live performances, all while holding out on some REAL cash grabs in order to preserve their artistic integrity. They could have made a lot more money back in their prime if that is what they were truly after; they could have pushed out an average album every couple of years and had their band photos all over the mainstream media, squeezing every drop of profit out of their popularity, but they decided that the music was more important.

The way they are going about making money these days is no different than the way any other band would go about funding their musical ventures. It just so happens that they can fill arenas and make millions. They don't have to go through that struggle in the music industry, perhaps causing them to get lazy, but COME ON, GET REAL, anyone else would have taken advantage of those privileges, especially if you worked hard for years in order to get into that position. TOOL deserves every bit of their fame and glory.

If TOOL put out the album this year, i would be ecstatic. If it doesn't happen then that is the way it goes; i am not going to get upset about it. Life goes on. There is other music out there.

All this effort to get under the skin of TOOL fans is futile, and i really feel sorry for you, Mog. Your life must be a fucking drag if something so minor as a band not releasing music and trying to make money pisses you off so much.

As long as TOOL is still touring, nothing else really matters. The live shows are the most thrilling thing about TOOL's existence, and i will be there in March for the gathering of the "Toolios." I can't wait to see how "unprofessional" they are...
Shut the fuck up, you snivelling vagina.
WierdoMcBeardo
Maynard Believer

Post by WierdoMcBeardo »

So I know this is not the right place for this but I have to ask...
I was formally known as "Bambino" on this and OTHER forms....
Do you remember the YouTube video posted on TOOLARMY message boards some time ago about the biology of love?
It was long. I believe there was a lot of music and CGI?
PLEASE HELP...
Also, since this board is in regards to the grudge.....
LETGOLETGOLETGOLETGOLETGOOOOOOOoooooooo
hellboy
Site Admin
Height: 182cm

Post by hellboy »

The Boss wrote:
If you're cool with racism, then that's fine. Take it to another forum though.
Ravenpig
Peen Taster

Post by Ravenpig »

Anyone else find it odd that Children returned right after Mog did?
Hey! Denty!
BlackHole83
Stinkyfist

Post by BlackHole83 »

The Boss wrote:
Don't see what's so funny about your post other than how silly you look, talking like an ignorant bigot.
basejumper
Droner

Post by basejumper »

Ravenpig wrote:Anyone else find it odd that Children returned right after Mog did?
Actually, children and the boss showed up after a hiatus on approximately the same day.... hmmm
Professor of Lesbian Science
The Boss
LSDeeeeeee

Post by The Boss »

hellboy wrote:
The Boss wrote:
If you're cool with racism, then that's fine. Take it to another forum though.
Fair enough.

Call it what it is, though: Censorship.

Anyone who actually knows me knows I'm not racist. The fact that people get so bent out of shape whenever you joke about it shows just how far we have to go to eradicating racism.

I'd argue people like me that are willing to joke about it and throw caution to the wind are the only people who truly AREN'T worried or concerned with racism.

But what would I know. I'm just one of the few white people here who experienced hard-core racism on a daily basis for six years.