Donkey Punch the Spin

'][' [[]] [[]] ][,
RIP

Post by '][' [[]] [[]] ][, »

If Puscifer was Chad Kroger's side project and not Maynar's would all you fanboys still think this wack ass album is good?
UndKeineZwEier
has a small dick

Post by UndKeineZwEier »

toolphishdhs said

children said
USERNAME, I honestly, HONESTLY couldn't of said that any better myself...

These serious "TOOL fans" really need to take a fucking hint and lighten up. Puscifer isn't meant to be this marvel of depth and spirituality; it's partly meant to be a joke. That is obviously evident from the title "DONKEY PUNCH THE NIGHT" along with the artwork, with the words "PUSCIFER" scribbled on like a child. The name Puscifer is comically genius in itself, the absolutely perfect pun. It's fucking hilarious.

The joke is on you if you don't get it.

No, Puscifer is no TOOL, but what else is honestly?

Maynard doesn't give a shit about any of us, stop crying about it. He hates us, we all know it. We deserve it too, which is the funniest part about all of this. We are the all dancing, all singing crap of the world...

...and i want to officially declare that i want to suck Maynard's dick while simultaneously listening to the "hidden" track on Salival... ...that was the first true Puscifer track...

sounds like somebody is a little butthurt about sucking the nard dick again. quit trying to convince everyone that Puscifer is good. objectively, the music is juvenile and so is the "humor" of the project. its only funny if you are a narcissistic asshole. more than that, each member of Tool owes everything they enjoy doing to Tool fans. EVERYTHING. the only reason he is able to make wine, apc, puscifer, etc. is because WE have paid for it. He has no reason to be a dick, and yet he is. One would think he would be grateful and appreciative to those who have afforded him a life of luxury, but no he is resentful. guess you could chalk that up to bad parenting, way to go Judith.

Yeah and in return we got T-shirts, posters, CDs, records, MP3s, wine, live performances, etc.  I've never given Maynard money and received nothing in return and I doubt anybody else here has either.  As far as I'm concerned Maynard can be a dick, as long as he's releasing things I want to buy.  Donkey Punch the Night doesn't do much for me, so I'm not going to buy it.  To think you deserve something above and beyond what you paid for is ridiculous.  You're not entitled to anything other than what you paid for.
Don't mow your lawn
hellboy
Site Admin
Height: 182cm

Post by hellboy »

I really don't know why we're bothering to argue about opinion here.  Some like this EP, some actively hate it, while most seem to think  it's boring.  Whether they are a "fanboi" or not is quite irrelevant.
markuspoop
Oddfellow

Post by markuspoop »

hellboy1975 said
I really don't know why we're bothering to argue about opinion here.  Some like this EP, some actively hate it, while most seem to think  it's boring.  Whether they are a "fanboi" or not is quite irrelevant.

Kinda the point I was trying to make.  For the few screaming from the rooftops that seem to be of the belief that everyone and their mom seems loves this EP, if you read through the thread that's not the case at all, as most people on here think it's very sub-par.

Oh, and if Chad Kroeger had put out an EP like this I would've already pre-ordered the autographed copy of it.
I like to poop naked.
Busty McCracken

Post by Busty McCracken »

markuspoop said
 There's probably someone out there who went out and bought Predator 2 because Adam Jones did special effects work on that movie.  

Holy Shit, he worked on Predator 2 & I don't own it?!?!?!

Finally, giving Donkey a listen now..Breathe was meh, Brother was decent, enjoying Balls to the wall pillow version, which is on now.. 

Seeing them next week & hoping it's a conditions of my parole heavy set list. Nothing much else from these guys ever caught my attention much, more checking out their gig for curiosity sake & hoping to be pleasantly surprised.. 

Busty McCracken

Post by Busty McCracken »

^ Clearly I suck at quoting.. What ya gonna do..
Ravenpig
Peen Taster

Post by Ravenpig »

Puscifer is really good live, you will enjoy it.
Hey! Denty!
MOG
Scissorman

Post by MOG »

hellboy1975 said

As I already stated, we are on a Fan Forum.  Debate is sort of par for the course.

@Poop - Bullshit.  If that sorry sack of shit from Nickelback had released Donkey Punch we would all be having a laugh fest over how much of a joke it is.  The ONLY reason anyone around here is paying attention to this piece of shit release is because Maynard is involved.
The Boss
LSDeeeeeee
Height: Not A Fucking Manlet

Post by The Boss »

children said
USERNAME, I honestly, HONESTLY couldn't of said that any better myself...

These serious "TOOL fans" really need to take a fucking hint and lighten up. Puscifer isn't meant to be this marvel of depth and spirituality; it's partly meant to be a joke. That is obviously evident from the title "DONKEY PUNCH THE NIGHT" along with the artwork, with the words "PUSCIFER" scribbled on like a child. The name Puscifer is comically genius in itself, the absolutely perfect pun. It's fucking hilarious.

The joke is on you if you don't get it.

No, Puscifer is no TOOL, but what else is honestly?

Maynard doesn't give a shit about any of us, stop crying about it. He hates us, we all know it. We deserve it too, which is the funniest part about all of this. We are the all dancing, all singing crap of the world...

...and i want to officially declare that i want to suck Maynard's dick while simultaneously listening to the "hidden" track on Salival... ...that was the first true Puscifer track...

O love will you read the letters I will send to you.
MOG
Scissorman

Post by MOG »

hahaha!  ^Fucking perfect^
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

mogeffingmog said 
As I already stated, we are on a Fan Forum.  Debate is sort of par for the course.

I'm not saying you can't debate it, just that it's a waste of everyone's time.
petemasterpete
Lunchinator
Height: 7" (limp)

Post by petemasterpete »

If Puscifer was Chad Kroger's side project and not Maynar's would all you fanboys still think this wack ass album is good?

it might give it some artistic merit if that were the case... this heaping pile would likely be Nickelback's lifetime achievement offering
well piss on my tits and tell me it's raining
trilobite
Rhandy

Post by trilobite »

I like you^... & I like the ep also. I feel the music on this small release surpasses most of what jmk was going for. The bass especially, really gets me going. But it's awesome, all the shit being talked. I'm sure he's just eating it up.. realizing you guys have nothing better to do.
also, Avatar!
The Boss
LSDeeeeeee
Height: Not A Fucking Manlet

Post by The Boss »

petemasterpete said

it might give it some artistic merit if that were the case... this heaping pile would likely be Nickelback's lifetime achievement offering

LOL, totally true.
O love will you read the letters I will send to you.
sawbuck
Maynard Believer

Post by sawbuck »

100% agreed with whoever made the AUTOTUNE comment, ditch that shit maynard. it's fuckin gross, bro.
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

To be honest I haven't heard anything that said to me "man Maynard is using autotune", but then again I don't have the ears of a recording engineer.
sawbuck
Maynard Believer

Post by sawbuck »

just listening to bohemian rhapsody, the jumps between notes sound too abrupt. I'm not a recording engineer, but I did 2.5 years of a 3 years audio engineering bachelor course, so my WORD IS LAW
budsyralli
Fornicraster
Height: this tall

Post by budsyralli »

maynard and nickleback?  jesus fucking christ people....i would like to see maynard facial/body expression when he gets asked?
go taff!
joeypants
Goderator

Post by joeypants »

I don'ta heara no autotune.
MOG
Scissorman

Post by MOG »

joeypants said
I don'ta heara no autotune.

brother you are genuinely one of the nicest dudes i have met on the interwebz.  But if Maynard recorded himself taking a shit and released it you would find a way to defend it LOL
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

sawbuck said
just listening to bohemian rhapsody, the jumps between notes sound too abrupt. I'm not a recording engineer, but I did 2.5 years of a 3 years audio engineering bachelor course, so my WORD IS LAW

Care to point out those sections for me?  I listened to the track again while watching the new video for it, and again I don't feel like there was any obvious autotune there.
Baseball_TOOL
Maynard Believer

Post by Baseball_TOOL »

There tis be no autotune 

There is vocal effects though, mercury used them in the original .... What's the big deal eh?
ilikecheese
Hey Jude

Post by ilikecheese »

Baseball_TOOL said

There tis be no autotune 

There is vocal effects though, mercury used them in the original .... What's the big deal eh?

autotune is getting confused with post production work
The above post is entertainment. It is most likely not directed at any individual unless specified. Any other interpretation, gleaning, or reckoning, of this post without the express, written, consent of Cheese, is strictly prohibited.
James
Fanboi

Post by James »

Still think it's an injustice that BR is more well known than The Prophet's Song.