Tool - 09 March 2014 - Reno Event Center, Reno, NV

Tool will be "touring" (well, playing one show in Mexico at time of writing) North America in March 2014.
Kittaan
Peen Taster

Re: Tool - 9 March 2014 - Reno Event Center, Reno, NV

Post by Kittaan »

It's over by now, so no more spoiler warnings necessary on this thread.

The setlist is (partially) up at http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/tool/2014 ... 2fc9c.html

Third Eye was the opener as expected.
Ki77aan :twisted:
Ettan
Dopocalyptic
Height: 190cm

Post by Ettan »

Timcad posted this on his instagram from last night

ziggy23
Stink Wizard

Post by ziggy23 »

[youtube][/youtube]
- You like noisy music?
- Yes. The louder the better. Stops me from thinking.
- You don't like to think? What do you like?
- Never thought about it.
bigboy55693
Geacon

Post by bigboy55693 »

aMAnAPlAnACaNalPaNamA
iloveposters
Geacon

Post by iloveposters »

I wonder how many drugs are ingested by the band and fans during that 12 minute break

And why 12 min ans not 15?? Most 'halftimes' are 15 minutes long
Kittaan
Peen Taster

Post by Kittaan »

http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/tool/2014 ... 2fc9c.html is showing no Intermission (12 min countdown, lights up) as with the past 3 shows.

Someone had listed it in the usual spot, but the next editor removed it. They are fairly anal about changes, and I'd expect it to have been put back by now...

I seriously doubt they removed it, but that would be very cool IMO (especially if they added another song or two!). Can someone who was there last night confirm?
xZ1mM3r
Barnacle Bill

Post by xZ1mM3r »

Kittaan wrote:http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/tool/2014 ... 2fc9c.html is showing no Intermission (12 min countdown, lights up) as with the past 3 shows.

Someone had listed it in the usual spot, but the next editor removed it. They are fairly anal about changes, and I'd expect it to have been put back by now...

I seriously doubt they removed it, but that would be very cool IMO (especially if they added another song or two!). Can someone who was there last night confirm?
pretty sure the youtube video from this called [impressions] or whatever had shown the intermission in it
badkittygothgirl
Stinkyfist

Re: Tool - 09 March 2014 - Reno Event Center, Reno, NV

Post by badkittygothgirl »

I don't get why they would bring up the house lights. Dumbest move ever. Breaks up the concert vibe.
Kittaan
Peen Taster

Post by Kittaan »

Agreed, Kat. Would have been nice if they adjusted, I'm sure they are getting negative feedback on that choice. Personally, if they must take a break 6 songs into it, I wish they were PLAYING the tune Intermission off Aenema during the break. That would have been an amusing way to deal with it.

Bummer Kanaduh, I thought they were building a nice momentum. Hopefully some changes in SF this week.
xZ1mM3r
Barnacle Bill

Post by xZ1mM3r »

badkittygothgirl wrote:I don't get why they would bring up the house lights. Dumbest move ever. Breaks up the concert vibe.
the show in eugene the main venue lights did not come on. they just had the red glow and lights from the stage for the intermission. stayed pretty dark the whole time
Capt. Shipwreck
Has been

Post by Capt. Shipwreck »

Best tour poster so far in my opinion. Any VIP or new segue talk?
N.Y.H.C.
Serial Thrilla

Post by N.Y.H.C. »

badkittygothgirl wrote:I don't get why they would bring up the house lights. Dumbest move ever. Breaks up the concert vibe.

I have to agree. last time I saw them the Sober interlude with the horrible hip hop-esque DJ ruined the vibe BUT the intermission with the weird 16 bit video game sounds and the light show was actually really cool. house lights eat a dick.
Asteroids do not concern me, Admiral. I want that ship, not excuses.
hellboy
Site Admin
Height: 182cm

Post by hellboy »

Agree 100%. Surely there's something better they can do for an intermission without this...
ncast2523
My pain is just an excuse

Post by ncast2523 »

I agree just like everyone else.

Why arent they doing that alien abduction thing where the lighting trusses come down low and look like spaceships with that synth just swirling and building that they always used to do?
Kittaan
Peen Taster

Post by Kittaan »

I betcha Junior could shed some light on this question. Pun definitely intended. But only AFTER I started typing it.
not tyson
Grammy Winner
Height: 186cm

Post by not tyson »

Maybe it has something to do with public safety
Ettan
Dopocalyptic
Height: 190cm

Post by Ettan »

You live the life every Tool fan dreams about. Good review as always!
xZ1mM3r
Barnacle Bill

Post by xZ1mM3r »

You're reviews are amazing. Even if they aren't about Tool. You are a good writer. I liked how you brought the orange back into the story at the end haha
rgardjr
My pain is just an excuse

Post by rgardjr »

Kanaduh wrote:TOOL 2014
stupid intermission again. I have a VIP ticket for tomorrows show in SF and I am seriously considering using my 1 question to Adam to be a comment about how silly this idea was. I think it’s almost 100% unanimous from everyone that it would be better to do what they used to do in the intermission (play ambient sounds/visuals/lighting). The current intermission house lighting thing just kills the mood and epic progression of a TOOL show.
I think this would be a great question to ask the Adam. I'm sure you'd be a little more diplomatic than "Who came up with the shitty intermission format that you guys are using now" Hopefully you'll have some time to interact with Adam so that he knows that any criticism is coming from someone that is putting their money where there mouth is. Love reading your reviews/travel journal. I just wish I could've bought your a drink when you were in Spokane.
Last edited by rgardjr on Tue Mar 11, 2014 10:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ns1
Bronco's Fan

Post by Ns1 »

you will be GOAT if you ask adam the intermission question.

Frame it in the form of a tool question? "So...during intermission, do you guys go to the backroom and listen to 'Hooker with a Penis' while laughing at us?"
HarrySeaward
Bronco's Fan

Post by HarrySeaward »

Kanaduh wrote:I want to take a minute to talk about Reno. Throughout my travels I have come across some gorgeous and beautiful cities all across the United States. Reno is not one of them. Sorry to offend any of you from the area, but this place seemed like a massive shit hole! Generally very dirty and sketchy, and a very disproportionately large amount of locals who looked like crack heads. Definitely would not recommend coming back again.
That's Reno for you.
It was a 20 minute walk to the new hotel and I remember noting how sketchy everything seemed. There were incredibly large amounts of homeless people, crack heads or just generally weird scenes. The venue for TOOL was also in this general area (looked like an old sketchy building as well). I am not going to judge San Francisco based on this one night/tour, but so far I have not been impressed with the city.
Only a relatively small part of SF is like this, you're probably in the Tenderloin. That's where the cheapest hotels usually are because that's where you'll get stabbed in broad daylight. I'd advise against walking there by yourself, let alone late at night. Cab it. But SF is so close together, it's only about a block that separates the shit area from the really nice areas. Do a bit of research and you'll find some awesome (and safe) places to explore in SF. Have fun!
joeypants
Goderator

Post by joeypants »

Oh god, the fucking Tenderloin. I started getting close to it one visit while on foot. Never again. Rode through it in a cab late at night... Jesus.

Walked a long way through the Mission which was a bit creepy even in daylight. I fucking LOVE San Francisco though. Beautiful city; one of my favorites next to NYC and Chicago.
iloveposters
Geacon

Post by iloveposters »

Maynard goes off at the end

[BBvideo 560,340][/BBvideo]
5/20/2001 - NYC, NY
9/22/2001 - Hartford, CT
8/12/2002 - Trenton, NJ
5/20/2006 - NYC, NY
9/28/2006 - Camden, NJ
10/5/2006 - Hartford, CT
10/6/2006 - East Rutherford, NJ
10/7/2006 - Uniondale, NY
8/1/2009 - Jersey City, NY
1/31/2012 - Uncasville, CT
markuspoop
Oddfellow

Post by markuspoop »

They inspect fruit/plants near the CA state lines because they don't want any additional outside pests/parasites/bugs/etc. coming into the state and fucking up the ecosystem.

And yes, Southern Oregon/Northern California is beautiful country.
I like to poop naked.
xZ1mM3r
Barnacle Bill

Post by xZ1mM3r »

markuspoop wrote:They inspect fruit/plants near the CA state lines because they don't want any additional outside pests/parasites/bugs/etc. coming into the state and fucking up the ecosystem.

And yes, Southern Oregon/Northern California is beautiful country.
They only check going into Cali from Oregon. But not going into Oregon from Cali