Questions for Adam

The Main Event
not tyson
Grammy Winner
Height: 186cm

Re: Questions for Adam

Post by not tyson »

Pretty sure he wears make up, someone should ask Adam.
Bill Hilly
Droner
Location: Leavenworth Penitentiary - Dishonorably discharged from Tool Army

Post by Bill Hilly »

Adam: "Yes, you in the back." Fan: "Maynard, Danny, Justin. You have to kill one, fuck one, marry one. Go."
Last edited by Bill Hilly on Sun Mar 16, 2014 6:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
"I'm kind of a big dill." - Schlong Burgundy
iloveposters
Geacon

Post by iloveposters »

We polled 100 audience members. Top 3 answers on the board. We asked, 'Name something likely to occur before TOOL's new album comes out?"

Adam: Ummm.....Maynards new kid graduate's college?
Last edited by iloveposters on Sun Mar 16, 2014 6:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
5/20/2001 - NYC, NY
9/22/2001 - Hartford, CT
8/12/2002 - Trenton, NJ
5/20/2006 - NYC, NY
9/28/2006 - Camden, NJ
10/5/2006 - Hartford, CT
10/6/2006 - East Rutherford, NJ
10/7/2006 - Uniondale, NY
8/1/2009 - Jersey City, NY
1/31/2012 - Uncasville, CT
The Boss
LSDeeeeeee
Height: Not A Fucking Manlet

Post by The Boss »

Bill Hilly wrote:Adam: "Yes, you in the back." Fan: "Maynard, Danny, Justin. You have to kill one, fuck one, marry one. Go."
Literal LOL.

(The 'Nard, Justin, Danny).
O love will you read the letters I will send to you.
iloveposters
Geacon

Post by iloveposters »

Steve Harvey: We polled 100 audience members. Top 5 answers on the board. We asked, 'Give me a reason why someone in their right mind would spend $500 on a TOOL VIP Experience"

Adam: Ummm.....because you get to hear me tell TOOL stories all of which can be obtained for free by listening/reading interviews I have done in the past 20 years?

Steve Harvey: GOOD ANSWER!! GOOD ANSWER!
5/20/2001 - NYC, NY
9/22/2001 - Hartford, CT
8/12/2002 - Trenton, NJ
5/20/2006 - NYC, NY
9/28/2006 - Camden, NJ
10/5/2006 - Hartford, CT
azbay
RIP

Post by azbay »

questions I might actually ask if given the chance, seriously, let the berating begin!

1)what is the opinion of the other members have about you doing the VIP? will they ever participate (of course not Maynard but we all know that)?
answer: you have to ask them, or none, and no
2)what TOOL songs do you wish you played more of live at concerts? and will you possibly play it at sound check without Maynard?
answer: Maynards dick, no
3)what is your most paranormal experience you ever had?
answer: rosetta stoned
4)what is problem 8?
answer: Something Blair mentions time to time

ok fun and games, but really? any of these or real ideas to shout out at Jones?
Ravenpig
Peen Taster

Post by Ravenpig »

He answered question 2 last year in the Australuan tour: Wings/10,000 Days.

And Rosetta Stoned "happened" to a friend of theirs.

Edit: also, there was a report May Jay showed up for about 5 minutes to one of the first VIPs this tour, though I don't know if it was confirmed or not cause I'm doing my best to avoid spoilery sections.
Hey! Denty!
snazzlefrass
Shankdagger
Height: 7.5inches

Post by snazzlefrass »

He probably showed up to sell some whine and frown furiously at his fans.
SteveBobSteve
The Boss
LSDeeeeeee

Post by The Boss »

azbay wrote:questions I might actually ask if given the chance, seriously, let the berating begin!

1)what is the opinion of the other members have about you doing the VIP? will they ever participate (of course not Maynard but we all know that)?
answer: you have to ask them, or none, and no
2)what TOOL songs do you wish you played more of live at concerts? and will you possibly play it at sound check without Maynard?
answer: Maynards dick, no
3)what is your most paranormal experience you ever had?
answer: rosetta stoned
4)what is problem 8?
answer: Something Blair mentions time to time

ok fun and games, but really? any of these or real ideas to shout out at Jones?
I don't think that they're particularly good questions.

Go left-field. Ask him if he's seriously considered a book or a movie. We vaguely know something about a movie, but what details has he come up with?

How does he see TOOL finishing? One more studio album, a farewell tour, and then a live DVD to wrap it up? Continue indefinitely?

Why is Putin so based? How did we get to the point where the Russian president is a much cooler and badass guy than the American one?
The Boss
LSDeeeeeee

Post by The Boss »

snazzlefrass wrote:He probably showed up to sell some whine and frown furiously at his fans.
Calfium Jay
Queric
Height: 189cm

Post by Calfium Jay »

So far, it appears that absolutely NOTHING of substance has been gained from these Q&A sessions. We are still absolutely in the dark about the new album. No time frame, no hint of new material, no hint of the direction they are taking, no word on whether any lyrics have been written. Not even as to whether Undertow will be given the reissue treatment. Nothing.

You all just paid $500 to watch Lazy Bones plink around with his guitar and inform you that writing songs is a group process that begins from one simple idea. As if we didn't already know that.

Congratulations.
'It is time for us to be doing what we have been doing every day. And that time is now'

Actual quote from Kamala Harris
The Boss
LSDeeeeeee

Post by The Boss »

Calfium Jay wrote:So far, it appears that absolutely NOTHING of substance has been gained from these Q&A sessions. We are still absolutely in the dark about the new album. No time frame, no hint of new material, no hint of the direction they are taking, no word on whether any lyrics have been written. Not even as to whether Undertow will be given the reissue treatment. Nothing.

You all just paid $500 to watch Lazy Bones plink around with his guitar and inform you that writing songs is a group process that begins from one simple idea. As if we didn't already know that.

Congratulations.
I always just assumed it was because the band doesn't know either.

Seriously, I think they've been going through a creative drought since at least 2008.
not tyson
Grammy Winner

Post by not tyson »

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE ASK ADAM ABOUT THAT 10,000 DAYS PUZZLE BULLSHIT BLAIR WAS GOING ON ABOUT, THANKS
The Boss
LSDeeeeeee

Post by The Boss »

That was the puzzle: Realising that there was no puzzle.
not tyson
Grammy Winner

Post by not tyson »

How puzzling
The Boss
LSDeeeeeee

Post by The Boss »

I know, I'm puzzled, too.
Ravenpig
Peen Taster

Post by Ravenpig »

How about this:

Do studio versions of Cold and Ugly and Jerk-Off exist and if so will they ever be released?

I'm assuming no because Salival and the very popular Opiate re-issue would've been perfect times to release them.

Now that I think of it, anyone think it would've been neat if random copies of the reissue had tracks 1-3 and 6 live with 4 and 5 studio version? I like it.
Hey! Denty!
iloveposters
Geacon

Post by iloveposters »

Studio versions of cold and uglyn exists
5/20/2001 - NYC, NY
9/22/2001 - Hartford, CT
8/12/2002 - Trenton, NJ
5/20/2006 - NYC, NY
9/28/2006 - Camden, NJ
10/5/2006 - Hartford, CT
The Boss
LSDeeeeeee

Post by The Boss »

Ravenpig wrote:How about this:

Do studio versions of Cold and Ugly and Jerk-Off exist and if so will they ever be released?

I'm assuming no because Salival and the very popular Opiate re-issue would've been perfect times to release them.

Now that I think of it, anyone think it would've been neat if random copies of the reissue had tracks 1-3 and 6 live with 4 and 5 studio version? I like it.
What THE FUCK is it with people and this shitty EP? I'VE released better music than "OPIATE".

Why are both the band and the fans OBSESSED with this piece of shit EP?

I don't even think you could call it a TOOL release. It's barely recognisable as something TOOL would do. It's a handful of shitty neo-prog-metal songs that clock in at a few minutes. It shows little in the way of creativity or the direction they would eventually go in.

The only song that comes close to being "fair" is "Sweat"; and that's criminally overlooked by everyone.

FOCUS ON THE GOOD STUFF THEY'VE DONE, RETARDS.
hellboy
Site Admin
Height: 182cm

Post by hellboy »

I don't think anyone is overly obsessed with Opiate, it just happens that it was their last release from the band that rarely releases stuff.

I'm interested in hearing some of this music that you've made that is "better" than Opiate.
Ravenpig
Peen Taster

Post by Ravenpig »

The Boss wrote:
Ravenpig wrote:How about this:

What THE FUCK is it with people and this shitty EP? I'VE released better music than "OPIATE".

Why are both the band and the fans OBSESSED with this piece of shit EP?

I don't even think you could call it a TOOL release. It's barely recognisable as something TOOL would do. It's a handful of shitty neo-prog-metal songs that clock in at a few minutes. It shows little in the way of creativity or the direction they would eventually go in.

The only song that comes close to being "fair" is "Sweat"; and that's criminally overlooked by everyone.

FOCUS ON THE GOOD STUFF THEY'VE DONE, RETARDS.
Don't be the "don't like what I don't like" guy. Come on.

You think maybe your post was a bit of an overreaction to mine? Nowhere did I heap endless amount of praise on it. Just thought it'd have been neat if they did that "reverse" idea and I'm legit curious about those two songs. (I was not one of the people to buy the reissue, FYI)

I like Opiate, but yes it is easily number 6 on their major releases (huh huh) list.
Hey! Denty!
Kittaan
Peen Taster

Post by Kittaan »

I agree, RP's idea was interesting, and ONE of dozens of approaches they could have taken to make the Opiate re-release more interesting to their fan base. Instead, they chose to change the art and packaging. I have zero doubt that Fourtheye members could come up with those dozens on this very thread. There were a number generated when it was announced.

And yeah, Opiate is my least favorite of Tool's releases. I still enjoy it.
Ki77aan :twisted:
'][' [[]] [[]] ][,
RIP

Post by '][' [[]] [[]] ][, »

Calfium Jay wrote:So far, it appears that absolutely NOTHING of substance has been gained from these Q&A sessions. We are still absolutely in the dark about the new album. No time frame, no hint of new material, no hint of the direction they are taking, no word on whether any lyrics have been written. Not even as to whether Undertow will be given the reissue treatment. Nothing.

Congratulations.
They've hinted plenty about the direction the next album will be taking in this latest tour.
BlackHole83
Stinkyfist

Questions for Adam

Post by BlackHole83 »

[quote="'][' [[]] [[]] ][,"][quote="Calfium Jay"]So far, it appears that absolutely NOTHING of substance has been gained from these Q&A sessions. We are still absolutely in the dark about the new album. No time frame, no hint of new material, no hint of the direction they are taking, no word on whether any lyrics have been written. Not even as to whether Undertow will be given the reissue treatment. Nothing.

You all just paid $500 to watch Lazy Bones plink around with his guitar and inform you that writing songs is a group process that begins from one simple idea. As if we didn't already

Who says they need to inform you or any of us for that matter, what they are doing in regards to the next album. Relax man, fuck teasers. Just stay patient and embrace it blindly when it eventually does come out. Plenty of good tunes from others musicians and different genres are out there in the mean time. Whoever bought the VIP did so at their own risk. Nothing was guaranteed to be said or anything. Toke up, shit will happen eventually man. Your stressing yourself out for no reason
azbay
RIP

Post by azbay »

Figured out my question to Adam in Q&A session, "who is the one who pisses you off the most in fourth eye?"
haha c'mon guys make sure you ask open ended questions that is at least a given!