Don't fuck with him.
Ki77aan :twisted:
MOG
Scissorman

Post by MOG »

crow011 said

Kittaan said
I'm about 30 minutes into it.  So far, here's my take:

It has a lot of elements I like musically, not crazy about the vocals but they're not awful.  I'm just not connecting much.  I don't see repeated listening.  I'll update after I get through the whole album.

I'm exactly the same. Up to about the thirty minute mark, and it's just not doing it for me. There's some parts that have made me nod my head, but as a whole, it's just not working.

Which is fucking weird, because every single element of it is good on paper. The vocals are fine, the fuzz is great, rhythm fine. A few nice little melodies here and there.

I don't know. I don't HATE it, but I doubt I'll listen to it again.

^ I am with you on this one.  It is not bad at all, but I certainly wouldn't call it exceptional.  The vocals don't really work for me.  The guitars, at times, remind me of QOTSA, which is not a good thing as I fucking hate that band.  From a musical perspective, there are some interesting sections, but overall it sounds a bit generic.

I only listened to the first two songs.  I won't listen to an entire album that I didn't pay for, but two songs is enough to get what this band is about.

Not bad.  Just doesn't work for me.
The Boss
LSDeeeeeee
Height: Not A Fucking Manlet

Post by The Boss »

mogeffingmog said

crow011 said

Kittaan said
I'm about 30 minutes into it.  So far, here's my take:

It has a lot of elements I like musically, not crazy about the vocals but they're not awful.  I'm just not connecting much.  I don't see repeated listening.  I'll update after I get through the whole album.

I'm exactly the same. Up to about the thirty minute mark, and it's just not doing it for me. There's some parts that have made me nod my head, but as a whole, it's just not working.

Which is fucking weird, because every single element of it is good on paper. The vocals are fine, the fuzz is great, rhythm fine. A few nice little melodies here and there.

I don't know. I don't HATE it, but I doubt I'll listen to it again.

^ I am with you on this one.  It is not bad at all, but I certainly wouldn't call it exceptional.  The vocals don't really work for me.  The guitars, at times, remind me of QOTSA, which is not a good thing as I fucking hate that band.  From a musical perspective, there are some interesting sections, but overall it sounds a bit generic.

I only listened to the first two songs.  I won't listen to an entire album that I didn't pay for, but two songs is enough to get what this band is about.

Not bad.  Just doesn't work for me.

Oh, dude, weak.

Big thanks for the offering, though. This was a pretty cool album to jump-start with (albeit, predictable - you know, sludge/stoner/blah blah blah).
O love will you read the letters I will send to you.
ilikecheese
Hey Jude

Post by ilikecheese »

petemasterpete said

cheeseballs said

petemasterpete said
4th EYE Listeners Club: Week 1

for your enjoyment, or lack thereof, I present to you the obvious:

fuck, I knew I should have turned on my FUCKING PSYCHIC POWERS BEFORE RESPONDING TO SUCH AN IN DEPTH POST!  WHAT THE FUCK WAS I THINKING?!   EXCUSE ME WHILE I ALLOW YOU TIME TO FUCK OFF!

is..is that a take?  got it? ok...

I'd like to extend a sincerre thank you for respecting my personal space and allowing me the peace necessary to fully enjoy myself.  I FUCKING LOVE YOUR FULL CAPS RESPONSE.  THERE IS SOMETHING INCREDIBLY INVIGORATING IN INTERNET ANGER!

p.s.  I LOVE YOU, CHEESE

I LOVE YOU TOO....AND THAT HOT WIFE OF YOURS AS WELL...WELL, ACTUALLY MORE HER THAN YOU...DON'T YOU GO TELLING ON ME NOW, YA HEA?!
The above post is entertainment. It is most likely not directed at any individual unless specified. Any other interpretation, gleaning, or reckoning, of this post without the express, written, consent of Cheese, is strictly prohibited.
Kittaan
Peen Taster

Post by Kittaan »

So.... got through the rest today while working.  I liked the second half slightly more than the first, but sticking with my opinion that while it was decent, I won't be giving it another spin.

@ Moggret - Please elaborate on your policy of not listening to more than a couple of songs of an album you didn't purchase...  It's mystifies me.  Especially in light of how many bands put their shit out there (some just for a limited time, grant you) for just that purpose... I will not lay down my dirty fucking dollars for just ANY band, tracks unheard.  So, please pontificate (as if you need an invitation!)  8`)
MOG
Scissorman

Post by MOG »

Kittaan said
So.... got through the rest today while working.  I liked the second half slightly more than the first, but sticking with my opinion that while it was decent, I won't be giving it another spin.

@ Moggret - Please elaborate on your policy of not listening to more than a couple of songs of an album you didn't purchase...  It's mystifies me.  Especially in light of how many bands put their shit out there (some just for a limited time, grant you) for just that purpose... I will not lay down my dirty fucking dollars for just ANY band, tracks unheard.  So, please pontificate (as if you need an invitation!)  8`)

Nothing to pontificate on Kitter Kat.  Unless the album is on bandcamp or somewhere else that the band has approved for consumers to listen first, then I have no right to listen to an entire album that I haven't purchased.  A song or two is my limit, and is usually enough for me to determine if the album purchase is warranted.

I am a bastard, there is no doubt about that.  But I don't steal other people's shit.

Carry on.
petemasterpete
Lunchinator
Height: 7" (limp)

Post by petemasterpete »

two songs meant you didn't make it to "the Deal" which means you haven't listened to the album and you FAIL!
well piss on my tits and tell me it's raining
hellboy
Site Admin
Height: 182cm

Post by hellboy »

The first two songs are the worst on the album..
Ravenpig
Peen Taster

Post by Ravenpig »

It didn't really get rolling for me until the song with the Clint Eastwood quote in it. Pretty damn good from there on.
Hey! Denty!
Kittaan
Peen Taster

Post by Kittaan »

mogeffingmog said 
I am a bastard, there is no doubt about that.  But I don't steal other people's shit.

Seriously?  You equate listening to music you didn't buy to stealing it?  I can understand your point if you are talking about downloading an album from a pirate site and keeping it on your drive for repeated listening instead of supporting an artist you dig.  I'm pretty much on the same page with you there (and that's why I own in excess of 2,000 CDs/DVDs/Vinyl - currently whittling it down too...).  

But to me, it's completely over the top to have a problem with listening to an album on Youtube to check it out.  What if you're at a friend's house and they play an album you don't own?  Do you run screaming from the house covering your ears?!  

You are either missing out on a ton of potential bands you never get to hear sufficiently to make a decision (because many of the best bands wouldn't pass a 2 song trial if the right songs weren't chosen) OR you're wasting a ton of $$ on shit bands you didn't need to.  OR you're incredibly lucky.  

Either way, if I got your point correctly, I don't agree with your logic or (questionable) sense of morality.  And I don't think most bands (especially those without huge followings) do either.  They want as many people as possible to hear their shit.  Sure, some people for whatever reason won't pony up, but if the music is good, percentage-wise, they will make out better making it widely available.  Not trying to hate on you dude, and in a way I think it's admirable what you're saying, I just don't agree for the above reasons.

My $.02

hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

If I didn't "steal" music, about half the bands I'm a fan of now I never even would have known existed, let alone spent a cent on them...
MOG
Scissorman

Post by MOG »

Kittaan said

mogeffingmog said 

Seriously?  You equate listening to music you didn't buy to stealing it?  I can understand your point if you are talking about downloading an album from a pirate site and keeping it on your drive for repeated listening instead of supporting an artist you dig.  I'm pretty much on the same page with you there (and that's why I own in excess of 2,000 CDs/DVDs/Vinyl - currently whittling it down too...).  

But to me, it's completely over the top to have a problem with listening to an album on Youtube to check it out.  What if you're at a friend's house and they play an album you don't own?  Do you run screaming from the house covering your ears?!  

You are either missing out on a ton of potential bands you never get to hear sufficiently to make a decision (because many of the best bands wouldn't pass a 2 song trial if the right songs weren't chosen) OR you're wasting a ton of $$ on shit bands you didn't need to.  OR you're incredibly lucky.  

Either way, if I got your point correctly, I don't agree with your logic or (questionable) sense of morality.  And I don't think most bands (especially those without huge followings) do either.  They want as many people as possible to hear their shit.  Sure, some people for whatever reason won't pony up, but if the music is good, percentage-wise, they will make out better making it widely available.  Not trying to hate on you dude, and in a way I think it's admirable what you're saying, I just don't agree for the above reasons.

My $.02

I understand your position and respect your opinion.  I don't pass any judgment whatsoever on what anyone else does or thinks as it relates to this particular discussion.  I stick to what works for me.  I don't expect it to work for you, nor do I need any sort of affirmation or inferred allowance.  I listen to a ton of different music, one or two songs at a time.  I also do quite a bit of research on bands from numerous different sources and it works quite well for me.

Do I probably miss out on some bands?  No doubt that is the case.  It makes little difference to me though.  I am comfortable with my position on this issue.  At the end of the day the only person we really have to answer to is ourselves.  As I said, this is what works for me.
The Boss
LSDeeeeeee

Post by The Boss »

I like mog.
gamebounty
RIP

Post by gamebounty »

Shit. The enemy is uniting. We soon will have a war on our hands.
"The whole world seems to have gone full gay retard" -petemasterpete
The Boss
LSDeeeeeee

Post by The Boss »

gamebounty said
Shit. The enemy is uniting. We soon will have a war on our hands.

Good God. What have you done to that smiley.

lukas
Geacon

Post by lukas »

btw, they have a newer album called "Maniac", which is even better and more progressive. One of my favourite records out there...
MOG
Scissorman

Post by MOG »

crow011 said
I like mog.

love you too mr. crow

@GB - You are getting Crow confused with Tyson.  Although I love Tyson too, Crow just gives better hand jobs.
The Boss
LSDeeeeeee

Post by The Boss »

mogeffingmog said

crow011 said
I like mog.

love you too mr. crow

@GB - You are getting Crow confused with Tyson.  Although I love Tyson too, Crow just gives better hand jobs.

All those years flicking my wrist playing squash have finally paid off.

I TOLD YOU, MOTHER. I TOLD YOU I WOULD AMOUNT TO SOMETHING.

hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

Anyone down for a Synchtube group listening session tomorrow?
Ravenpig
Peen Taster

Post by Ravenpig »

Depending on what time it would hit me, I would be.
Hey! Denty!
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

Ravenpig said
Depending on what time it would hit me, I would be.

I don't have a time in mind, but morning-lunchtime here tends to be afternoon/evening in the US.
Ravenpig
Peen Taster

Post by Ravenpig »

If it was around those times I'd be down.  I've only been part of one and I got Keelhaul's Subject to Change Without Notice (great fucking album) out of it.  Yes it was from you, HB.
Hey! Denty!
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

Ravenpig said
If it was around those times I'd be down.  I've only been part of one and I got Keelhaul's Subject to Change Without Notice (great fucking album) out of it.  Yes it was from you, HB.

It will be one of those times, we'll probably kick off in the morning Oz time (watch for the post) and then start synching the album when we get some kind of quorum.
gamebounty
RIP

Post by gamebounty »

You guys always do this shit when I'm at work. Every time you synchtube without me my heart gets colder.
"The whole world seems to have gone full gay retard" -petemasterpete
The Boss
LSDeeeeeee

Post by The Boss »

hellboy1975 said
Anyone down for a Synchtube group listening session tomorrow?

I'll pop in to say hello, but that's about it. My Graduate Certificate starts tomorrow . . .