The Grudge (WARNING: 26 years to #6?)

The Main Event
M0G
Lungsmen

Re: The Grudge (contains SPOILERS)

Post by M0G »

@Hellboi - Well done, except it ain't April fools yet...at least not for most of us. You shoulda just waited cuz we all know Eastern Standard Time Merica is the only time that matters ;)

Well done sir. I laughed, I cried, I sharted.
The most intelligent person on this forum
'][' [[]] [[]] ][,
RIP

Re: The Grudge (WARNING: contains xZ1mM3r)

Post by '][' [[]] [[]] ][, »

Haahaa, thread title!

Fuck TOOL.
Ettan
Dopocalyptic
Height: 190cm

Post by Ettan »

good one!
M0G
Lungsmen

Post by M0G »

^^ I do so love my fellow Grudge brethren. That's why I have to play with Hellboi's balls every now and again. The internet would literally stop working without The Grudge. Tears would be shed. Economies would collapse. The apocalypse would be upon us. To my brothers, I salute you!

Kittaan
Peen Taster

Post by Kittaan »

You're welcome.

I was hoping the Zim would notice it first. :D
Ki77aan :twisted:
xZ1mM3r
Barnacle Bill

Post by xZ1mM3r »

I feel so honored haha. It's not April fools here yet. And I'm not on east coast time either. Fuck east coast. West coast time is all that matters haha
xZ1mM3r
Barnacle Bill

Post by xZ1mM3r »

I'll drink to that!!
Ettan
Dopocalyptic
Height: 190cm

Post by Ettan »

N.Y.H.C.
Serial Thrilla

Post by N.Y.H.C. »

awesome thread title edit.
Asteroids do not concern me, Admiral. I want that ship, not excuses.
xZ1mM3r
Barnacle Bill

Post by xZ1mM3r »

N.Y.H.C. wrote:awesome thread title edit.
im blushing :D haha... i know what its like to be MJK now, everyone knows me AND i also havent made a Tool album for 8 years
N.Y.H.C.
Serial Thrilla

Post by N.Y.H.C. »

who did that Kitty? fucking guy is awesome. him and Uncle Matthew make this feel like a family.
bonebroke
Geacon

Post by bonebroke »

This is an anti Hecka-Grudge post,

It's official, mother nature approves of the SF Tool shows
(lots of cold rain too ~ light fluffy snow in Sierra Nevada)
N.Y.H.C.
Serial Thrilla

Post by N.Y.H.C. »

It's hard to believe they still have made no headway on this new album. Adam is a real asshole. I'm currently blaming him. he's a fucking Tool.
Ravenpig
Peen Taster

Post by Ravenpig »

N.Y.H.C. wrote:It's hard to believe they still have made no headway on this new album. Adam is a real asshole. I'm currently blaming him. he's a fucking Tool.
I'm sure they all have some share of their blame to go around but there's no way it's not Adam who isn't the most to blame. Love or hate him May Jay has proven to be there whenever he's asked. Danny and Justin have released stuff with other bands. Adam has done nothing. Nothing.

He deserves the most blame. BUT others will see this as a "defending May Jay" fanboy post.

Missing the point if that is the case, but whatevs
Hey! Denty!
hellboy
Site Admin
Height: 182cm

Post by hellboy »

It's clearly Blairs fault
N.Y.H.C.
Serial Thrilla

Post by N.Y.H.C. »

the 83rd percentile.

at this point I blame Maynard 2%. Danny after all his optimism was completely destroyed last year get's about 5%. Justin seems very frustrated when he speaks about it and will refer to how difficult a process this has been. he's trying but also runs home for a month at a time to hunt quail, really? 10%. so doing simple math that leaves neanderthal forehead Adam Jones at 83%.

this guy now has an infant to take care of, if the kid was 7, I'd understand. which would've meant that he wanted to devote his time to raise the kid and be around constantly for almost the first decade of it's life. which would be a bit much, but commendable. what the fuck has he done since 2006 except tour maybe, what 20% of the time? how much have they been on the road since 10,000 Days was released? 10% of the time? it's not like they pulled a 90's Metallica or 70's Rush and went on tour for 2-3 years straight. if he got sick, like really sick or had a few major surgeries it still would've have taken that long to get better. so what the fuck is his story? honestly? be a man, take care of your business, get everyone together and bang this shit out. 6 months 4 days a week at the least in the loft. practice, record, re-record. tighten it up, give it to MJK. tighten it up some more. 6 months again for the actual recording, tediously tweak it. inform the label, package, plan the tour. make the announcements and send it out. hit the road simultaneously.

he's an asshole and the reason we've gotten nothing. maybe if they had a second guitarist things would move faster. he's a mess live, I've seen him fuck up a dozen times over the past few years on stage. that's not a prog guitarist, I'm sorry. that's like 80's metal drunk on cocaine. the guitar has always been the LEAST important part of Tool, you can't argue that with me, so don't try. someone needs to talk with him. he needs a great shrink if he doesn't have one, a motivational coach and a legendary guitarist to take him on a two week vacation to get ripped and talk about the importance of his art.

he's fucking everything up. like Mr. King wrote "everything is 19" well everything is 83% in this case. it's the root of all problems with this band. he's lucky, yeah I said lucky, these guys still put up with his shit. if I were them I would've walked away years ago. not that I suggest that because that's TRULY the end.

he needs to wake the fuck up.
doors
Metalologist

Post by doors »

^
Ditto. I've been saying it was Adam for years while everyone was blaming poor Maynard. I'm glad some have seen the light.

Adam is a fuck.
hellboy
Site Admin
Height: 182cm

Post by hellboy »

Most have been aware that it's not Maynard for some time. I hate to break it to you but you guys aren't some kind of messiahs.
BlackHole83
Stinkyfist

Post by BlackHole83 »

And even IF all that dribble you just said had any truth to it, who gives a fuck? When it comes itcomes man. stating Adam is the least important member of the band is dilusional. They are all equally needed in order to create that special fucking TOOL Sound that have us all fucking drooling at any new little riff. It's the sole reason we even come to this site. Get the sand out your clit and just suck the fuck up like the rest of us and be patient. When the time comes it will come. Lol don't get worked up over something you have no control over NY. Hey at least you have the yanks to keep you happy.
fortysixand2
Uncle Fucker

Post by fortysixand2 »

Hey, come on, he made a baby!
Ravenpig
Peen Taster

Post by Ravenpig »

hellboy wrote:Most have been aware that it's not Maynard for some time. I hate to break it to you but you guys aren't some kind of messiahs.
You must be joking.

May Jay farts and people around here take it as proof that he "hates" Tool.

I hate to break it to you but it sounds like you're disagreeing just to disagree.
Hey! Denty!
M0G
Lungsmen

Post by M0G »

Danny and Justin write all the time. That came from Danny Walker (drummer from Intronaut) when I had a conversation with him prior to their set last year during their first headlining tour. Danny and Justin also like to party. That has been documented everywhere. They all have become lazy fucks. Jones had the split with Camilla and Nardo doesn't give a fuck. Mini tours fund his fucking vineyards so what does it matter to him? They can take 10 years as long as he keeps getting paid while his voice goes to shit. Jones is probably the single biggest problem, because he is obsessive and lacks direction. As much as I dislike Maynard he is far more organized and if he really gave a shit he could have flown to LA and spent a few months there and helped the process along. He doesn't care enough to. They have all bought into their own bullshit. They don't give a fuck. They are a pathetic shell of their former selves. Their shows are a joke now. The only reason they are even considered a great band is because they have one of the top 5 drummers of all time. Fuck Tool.
'][' [[]] [[]] ][,
RIP

Post by '][' [[]] [[]] ][, »

This is how it'll go down. We'll get a new album but the way things are going it'll take at least another 12 years. The good news is that the 10,000 Days tours will finally come to an end and the band will begin touring the (insert album name here) tour. It will still be the same set list it is now except Ænema will have been replaced with (-) Ions seeing how by then Los Angeles would have slid into the ocean during the Great Quake of 2025 making the song no longer relevant. There will be no songs from the new album on this tour as the lyrics Maynard will write will be too personal and too painful for him to sing. The vocals recorded on the album will be so distorted from Maynard's drinking that we'll never know what they are. Maynard will also have pulled an Elvis and gained a hundred pounds. He'll still come out and sing in a speedo like he did back in the day, chronic alcoholism turning his stage persona into an unrecognizable parody. Danny will have gained at least a hundred pounds too. A hundred pounds of solid muscle that is, from habitual steroid use. His freakish size and distend jaw will have a negative affect on his playing. Adam will be exactly the same as he is now but will have given up the Les Paul for a theremin. Justin will have had already quit the band 9 years earlier after hitting the Powerball jackpot and be replaced by Geddy Lee. Geddy's influence on the writing for the new album will have ruined TOOL's legacy forever. Geddy will not tour with the band instead being replaced by Ray Manzarek playing the bass parts on a keyboard.
nameloc
Bronco's Fan

Post by nameloc »

Ray has been dead for awhile.
https://www.flickr.com/photos/46018790@N03/sets/

Audio-Technica u853 (c/o)
Denecke PS-2
Sony MZ-M100 HI-MDs (x2)
Sony PCM M10
XXXX X-X
Kittaan
Peen Taster

Post by Kittaan »

nameloc wrote:Ray has been dead for awhile.
That didn't stop Jesus. Are you saying Jesus is better than Ray?

Whoa, can't wait to see RavenPig's reaction to THAT!
Ki77aan :twisted: