Random Tool Social Media thread

The Main Event
hellboy
Site Admin
Height: 182cm

Re: Random Tool Social Media thread

Post by hellboy »

Ravenpig wrote:True. I'm assuming most of us know what it means when Blair writes something like that. It is a 50/50 thing with him and I took the 50.
In Blair's defense, he really has no control over when Tool things are announced, and inevitably cops most of the blame when fans get pissed off things aren't announced quick enough.
Ravenpig
Peen Taster

Post by Ravenpig »

Oh I totally understand that. I have zero problems with the way he does his thing.
Hey! Denty!
not tyson
Grammy Winner
Height: 186cm

Post by not tyson »

SAN DIEGO, CALIFORNIA

Went to a paperback book fair in Glendale instead. Good choice, too (even though I didn't find anything), because I probably would have got caught by security trying to record the elite meet and greet (and then tweet) after some other guy days before posted his recording on-line that resulted in beefed up security and spoilers for others!
Yeah, what a prick!
UndKeineZwEier
has a small dick

Post by UndKeineZwEier »

Good choice, too (even though I didn't find anything), because I probably would have got caught by security trying to record the elite meet and greet (and then tweet) after some other guy days before posted his recording on-line that resulted in beefed up security and spoilers for others!

Holy Christ, look at that sentence!
Don't mow your lawn
xZ1mM3r
Barnacle Bill

Post by xZ1mM3r »

Hahaha Blair's references to Voodoo Donuts in Portland and Eugene were great
xZ1mM3r
Barnacle Bill

Post by xZ1mM3r »

And here's my prediction. The Curveball is The Pot video. Curveball because it's from an 8 year old album, "hey no one will see this coming!". And the other drummer-ish news is Danny will be releasing custom drum sticks or drums through VF.

No album in the near future either
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

xZ1mM3r wrote:And here's my prediction. The Curveball is The Pot video. Curveball because it's from an 8 year old album, "hey no one will see this coming!".
I doubt it, it could involve the video they recorded for The Pot (Adam denied it was for The Pot during the VIP sessions btw). If it were just a video for The Pot then I expect most of the Tool fanbase would be pretty disappointed.
xZ1mM3r wrote:And the other drummer-ish news is Danny will be releasing custom drum sticks or drums through VF.
Not so sure if it's gear - the timing doesn't seem quite right with NAMM having happened recently. Maybe he might get around to releasing a drum workshop type DVD.
xZ1mM3r
Barnacle Bill

Post by xZ1mM3r »

Yeah you might be right about the drum DVD. That would be sweet. Ad as far as tool fans being disappointed with the curveball if it were a Pot video; I full expect to be disappointed with whatever it may be, so I still like the chances lol
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

xZ1mM3r wrote:Yeah you might be right about the drum DVD. That would be sweet. Ad as far as tool fans being disappointed with the curveball if it were a Pot video; I full expect to be disappointed with whatever it may be, so I still like the chances lol
I expect that the curveball isn't something Tool have done before. If it were just a music video, then it would be disappointing. If it were something different, the maybe the end result could be disappointing, but at least they gave something new a shot.
xZ1mM3r
Barnacle Bill

Post by xZ1mM3r »

hellboy wrote:
xZ1mM3r wrote:Yeah you might be right about the drum DVD. That would be sweet. Ad as far as tool fans being disappointed with the curveball if it were a Pot video; I full expect to be disappointed with whatever it may be, so I still like the chances lol
I expect that the curveball isn't something Tool have done before. If it were just a music video, then it would be disappointing. If it were something different, the maybe the end result could be disappointing, but at least they gave something new a shot.
So as you know I'm a newer tool fan. And even newer 4E member. I know of the curveball but I don't know much more. Can you link me to an explanation or something? Where did it first come from, who has mentioned it, does it 'feel' like it could actually have some importance?

could the curveball be that their music might be available for digital download in the near future?
'][' [[]] [[]] ][,
RIP

Post by '][' [[]] [[]] ][, »

xZ1mM3r wrote:
hellboy wrote:
So as you know I'm a newer tool fan. And even newer 4E member. I know of the curveball but I don't know much more. Can you link me to an explanation or something? Where did it first come from, who has mentioned it, does it 'feel' like it could actually have some importance?
Its just more of Blair's bullshit or another empty promise. This "curveball" was something Blair mentioned in a newsletter months ago, hell maybe a year ago. Its hard to keep track of the lies that come out of TOOL's camp. Anyway, I guess Blair was eluding to some sort of unexpected surprise to come from the TOOL camp. Don't believe the hype. Anyone remember "the big thing"? Fucking assholes! Wait, what thread is this again?
ilikecheese
Hey Jude

Post by ilikecheese »

The above post is entertainment. It is most likely not directed at any individual unless specified. Any other interpretation, gleaning, or reckoning, of this post without the express, written, consent of Cheese, is strictly prohibited.
Kittaan
Peen Taster

Post by Kittaan »

Nate wrote:Blair was eluding to...
Definitely more Eluding than Alluding going on in those "news"letters!
Ki77aan :twisted:
xZ1mM3r
Barnacle Bill

Post by xZ1mM3r »

M0G
Lungsmen

Post by M0G »

xZ1mM3r wrote:HAHAHAHAHA so it begins...

http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/news/upc ... o_takeover
lol good shit! How things have changed since 2006 eh? Blair doesn't even have to come up with a story. Just let all the other music websites do it for him. I imagine the Fuckbooks and the Twatters have some good ones wandering about...and if they don't, someone should start a good one.

I heard Tool action figures might be on the horizon ;)
The most intelligent person on this forum
markuspoop
Oddfellow

Post by markuspoop »

xZ1mM3r wrote:Hahaha Blair's references to Voodoo Donuts in Portland and Eugene were great
Voodoo Donuts is overrated like some shit.
I like to poop naked.
xZ1mM3r
Barnacle Bill

Post by xZ1mM3r »

markuspoop wrote:
xZ1mM3r wrote:Hahaha Blair's references to Voodoo Donuts in Portland and Eugene were great
Voodoo Donuts is overrated like some shit.
yeah its overrated, of course it is. you go for the sake of saying you went... and its not like their donuts suck. they are damn good, just nothing extraordinary, i do like the randomness of their creations tho. Bet ya wish ya had one in cali lol
'][' [[]] [[]] ][,
RIP

Post by '][' [[]] [[]] ][, »

xZ1mM3r wrote:HAHAHAHAHA so it begins...

http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/news/upc ... o_takeover
Meh. I wonder if I'd fall for that if I had no clue it was April 1st? The digital download thing kinda gives it away and that's in the title. Plus, 2016?!? Yeah right! 2018 would have been more believable.
UndKeineZwEier
has a small dick

Post by UndKeineZwEier »

Half-Life 3 being in the title gave it away. It's such an obvious joke.
Don't mow your lawn
xZ1mM3r
Barnacle Bill

Post by xZ1mM3r »

tool would NEVER release there new album in any video game... regardless of it being half life 3.. even if it said Halo 5, or something that we KNOW is coming, i still wouldnt believe it
Ravenpig
Peen Taster

Post by Ravenpig »

I was just thinking, when Blair writes in the newsletter "contrary to those who thought that the tour would only further delay the writing process", is he referring to lurking here (or elsewhere) or do people actually email him stuff like that?

Cause it seems pretty dumb to email Blair, who has zero control over such things, messages like that.
Hey! Denty!
Kittaan
Peen Taster

Post by Kittaan »

I doubt that Blair is a regular, but I have no doubt he checks in now and again.
Ki77aan :twisted:
The Boss
LSDeeeeeee
Height: Not A Fucking Manlet

Post by The Boss »

To here? Really?

That's a little delusional and egotistic, don't you think?
O love will you read the letters I will send to you.
badkittygothgirl
Stinkyfist

Post by badkittygothgirl »

Not really, he has mentioned Fourtheye on a few occasions. There was also that one time that he quoted Cheese in the newsletter. Something about a dick being on fire if I remember correctly.
The Boss
LSDeeeeeee
Height: Not A Fucking Manlet

Post by The Boss »

badkittygothgirl wrote:Not really, he has mentioned Fourtheye on a few occasions. There was also that one time that he quoted Cheese in the newsletter. Something about a dick being on fire if I remember correctly.
Good point. Apparently he referenced me calling Adam out for being a fucking dick out back in the day, too.

Or something.
O love will you read the letters I will send to you.