Maynard James Keenan

The Main Event
BlackHole83
Stinkyfist

Re: Maynard James Keenan

Post by BlackHole83 »

Nah different dude. I always gave him shit cuz the ducks have the ugliest uniforms of all time. He didn't agree lol. Good people tho, loved his country music, which I Fucking hate! Plan on visiting Oregon next time I'm in the states. Cheers man
xZ1mM3r
Barnacle Bill

Post by xZ1mM3r »

BlackHole83 wrote:Nah different dude. I always gave him shit cuz the ducks have the ugliest uniforms of all time. He didn't agree lol. Good people tho, loved his country music, which I Fucking hate! Plan on visiting Oregon next time I'm in the states. Cheers man
well i agree with you 100% on the country music.... but have to disagree about the uniforms lol.. i love my ducks.

Last edited by xZ1mM3r on Wed Mar 12, 2014 3:34 pm, edited 2 times in total.
BlackHole83
Stinkyfist

Post by BlackHole83 »

xZ1mM3r wrote:
Bill Hilly wrote:A ton of California transplants are selling their expensive douchebag houses and buying cheaper property in my state, bringing their hummers and liberal ideals with them. Stay the fuck in Cali.....please. Also, Colorado has the best weed, best home grown genetics, and best breweries. 8-)
I got love for CO. I have ties in that area, big fan of their breweries
I give CO props with legalizing herbs. But fuck the Broncos. Good beer as long as it ain't coors
markuspoop
Oddfellow

Post by markuspoop »

Is this there I insert my own opinion about what state is the bestest pissing contest?
I like to poop naked.
BlindnCynical
formery Umadbrah?

Post by BlindnCynical »

I can tell you one thing... Iowa sucks.
Ns1
Bronco's Fan

Post by Ns1 »

Bill Hilly wrote:A ton of California transplants are selling their expensive douchebag houses and buying cheaper property in my state, bringing their hummers and liberal ideals with them. Stay the fuck in Cali.....please. Also, Colorado has the best weed, best home grown genetics, and best breweries. 8-)
lol, no.
The Boss
LSDeeeeeee
Height: Not A Fucking Manlet

Post by The Boss »

Being American.

LOL.
O love will you read the letters I will send to you.
petemasterpete
Lunchinator
Height: 7" (limp)

Post by petemasterpete »

The Boss wrote:Being American.

LOL.
Being Australian.

lol. <---- that's 'murica's li'l sis if you were wondering
well piss on my tits and tell me it's raining
liz
Lunchinator

Post by liz »

petemasterpete wrote:
The Boss wrote:Being American.

LOL.
Being Australian.

lol. <---- that's 'murica's li'l sis if you were wondering
That big sis is looking a little worse for wear these days.
I think you've hitched your wagon in the right place. ;)
"She's a very charming and delightful creature, and has only one fault that I know of. It happens, unfortunately, that that single blemish is a want of taste. She don't like me."
ilikecheese
Hey Jude

Post by ilikecheese »

The above post is entertainment. It is most likely not directed at any individual unless specified. Any other interpretation, gleaning, or reckoning, of this post without the express, written, consent of Cheese, is strictly prohibited.
budsyralli
Fornicraster
Height: this tall

Post by budsyralli »

id like to eat some mushrooms in that place
go taff!
N.Y.H.C.
Serial Thrilla

Post by N.Y.H.C. »

budsyralli wrote:id like to eat some mushrooms in that place
they want you to eat them.
Asteroids do not concern me, Admiral. I want that ship, not excuses.
budsyralli
Fornicraster
Height: this tall

Post by budsyralli »

good :)
go taff!
N.Y.H.C.
Serial Thrilla

Post by N.Y.H.C. »

I haven't done them in 15 years, I'm a scared bitch but I'm dying for a reset. should I give those adorable little fucks a second go round?
Asteroids do not concern me, Admiral. I want that ship, not excuses.
Ettan
Dopocalyptic
Height: 190cm

Post by Ettan »

[BBvideo 560,340][/BBvideo]
joeypants
Goderator

Post by joeypants »

So this past weekend's shows look/sound pretty damn cool. Wish I could have seen them.

http://www.mxdwn.com/2014/05/11/reviews ... k-theatre/

Setlist:
Failure:
The Nurse Who Loved Me
Saturday Savior
Dirty Blue Balloons
A Perfect Circle:
Weak and Powerless
Orestes
The Noose
Puscifer:
Vagina Mine
Trekka
Polar Bear
Breathe
Oceans
Monsoons
Horizons
Failure:
Another Space Song
Frogs
Solaris
A Perfect Circle:
The Hollow
Rose
The Package
Puscifer:
Conditions of My Parole
Man Overboard
The Undertaker
A Perfect Circle:
Counting Bodies Like Sheep to the Rhythm of the War Drums
3 Libras
By and Down
Failure:
Blank
Wet Gravity
Heliotropic
Puscifer:
New York, New York (w/ Neil Hamberger)
Cuntry Boner (w/”Hildy,” Danny Carey)
3 Little Pigs (w/Green Jelly, Danny Carey)
Sober (w/Justin Chancellor/Danny Carey)
Humbling River
M0G
Lungsmen

Post by M0G »

Maynard is a pretentious dick. I genuinely cannot stand him at this point. Telling that Adam wasn't around and even more telling how minor Tool was represented during these goofy ass concerts. Puscifer mostly sucks. Amazing how shit has fallen apart in the Tool camp. I can't believe this amateur act was my favorite band for so many years. Poor Danny. Such an amazing drummer that is stuck with all these head cases. Adam the control freak, Maynard the dick, and Justin the lush.
The most intelligent person on this forum
Ravenpig
Peen Taster

Post by Ravenpig »

Tool performing one song at this would've probably overshadowed everything.

As it is 3/4th Tool playing Sober kinda stole the show.

Also, Junior said he was pretty sure that Adam was sick.
Hey! Denty!
Ns1
Bronco's Fan

Post by Ns1 »

@M0G - lots of Puscifer fans on Saturday night
@Ravenpig - TOOL most certainly would've overshadowed the whole thing. The whole show was great, but as soon as JC came on and opened up the initial "Sober" riff the place went insane.
joeypants
Goderator

Post by joeypants »

It's interesting you feel that way, Mog. These shows strike me as very unpretentious and felt like a good sign.

As an artist, these are the kind of shows I used to dream of as a kid and just never happened back then. It always seemed like such a fun idea to have everyone set up and just rotate bands throughout the night and make a big party out of it.
M0G
Lungsmen

Post by M0G »

joeypants wrote:It's interesting you feel that way, Mog. These shows strike me as very unpretentious and felt like a good sign.

As an artist, these are the kind of shows I used to dream of as a kid and just never happened back then. It always seemed like such a fun idea to have everyone set up and just rotate bands throughout the night and make a big party out of it.
Thank you for responding the way you did Joe. I was waiting to get put on blast for Trolling when it wasn't the case. Just a genuine observation and obviously my opinion only. I hope it is a good sign for you guys I really do, I just don't like Maynard. I don't like the way he treats Tool fans. All the nice shit he has is because of people like you supporting his projects and buying the merch and seeing the shows, etc. He will happily answer any question about Puscifer but goes out of his way to make the Tool fans out to be nut jobs and disrespect them when they are intensely loyal.
trilobite
Rhandy

Post by trilobite »

Well the show sounds like it would've been great to me. Besides a 'lack of tool', hearing great APC songs in that setting, watching the bands rotate, & enjoying the 'event' with all various people involved, alone, I know I would've enjoyed it.

Now let's have the next 5 years sending off tool, before he's pissing through tubes >_>
also, Avatar!
the chill
Duck Hater

Post by the chill »

Mog you make me laugh. The fact that we even got a Tool song was amazing and not expected at all. It was billed as a night with Failure, Puscifer, and A Perfect Circle. Maynard does seem kind kind of elitist and maybe not the most fun but like it has been beaten to death, he doesn't owe us anything. Just because Tool fans has helped make him rich doesn't mean he owes them anything. When asked about APC when he is not doing anything with them he doesn't like to talk about APC same with Tool. When he is promoting his wine I don't except any other kind of talk besides wine. Would I ever hang out with Maynard? Hell no! I would hang out with Adam, the VIP proved that to me. Danny, of course and Justin would probably get me to drunk to enjoy it. Haha. Maynard looked happier then I have ever seen him in these two shows and happy to have attended both. His voice is strong and sounds great. He is warmed up for the next Tool record.

So I agree with you Mog that Maynard might be a dick, but niether of us have hung out with him in private so we will never know. Can I guess that I wouldn't enjoy hanging out with him? Yes, but it depends if he and I are bowling together then I don't know how we couldn't have a bad time. Please end the arguement that he owes you or I or any Tool fan anything. That argument is dead and you could never convince anybody that he does.
M0G
Lungsmen

Post by M0G »

the chill wrote:Mog you make me laugh. The fact that we even got a Tool song was amazing and not expected at all. It was billed as a night with Failure, Puscifer, and A Perfect Circle. Maynard does seem kind kind of elitist and maybe not the most fun but like it has been beaten to death, he doesn't owe us anything. Just because Tool fans has helped make him rich doesn't mean he owes them anything. When asked about APC when he is not doing anything with them he doesn't like to take about APC same with Tool. When he is promoting his wine I don't except any other kind of talk besides wine. Would I ever hang out with Maynard? Hell no! I would hang out with Adam, the VIP proved that to me. Danny, of course and Justin would probably get me to drunk to enjoy it. Haha. Maynard looked happier then I have ever seen him in these two shows and happy to have attended both. His voice is strong and sounds great. He is warmed up for the next Tool record.

So I agree with you Mog that Maynard might be a dick, but niether of us have hung out with him in private so we will never know. Can I guess that I wouldn't enjoy hanging out with him? Yes, but it depends if he and I are bowling together then I don't know how we couldn't have a bad time. Please end the arguement that he owes you or I or any Tool fan anything. That argument is dead and you could never convince anybody that he does.
+

I don't agree with you on any level. Maynard is a massively pretentious dick. Always has been, but has gotten worse with age, much like his voice. Shame.
inspiration_tactic
Has been

Post by inspiration_tactic »

MJK is having fun and doing his own thing like he seemingly always has been. This celebration of his array of projects would have been a sight to behold; I'm jealous that I didn't get to take in that show. I've seen Puscifer once and I was blown away by his energy. You can tell he takes a certain pride in Puscifer, his baby. That he played some old APC and even threw in some Tool seems to be a real treat to his general fan-base that showed up. How can you hate Maynard, anyway? He makes you incredible music and wine. He is a clever fuck that makes you laugh and think outside the box. He's a fuckin' rockstar! The dude's legit; he just doesn't want you to bother him on his own time.

Regarding the MOG sentiments ("Maynard 'hates' tool fans"), I think most tool fans need a healthy dose of being left in the dark and ignored (hahaha). Knowing the tool fans I do, anymore obsession would be unhealthy if left unchecked. I think Maynard will always have a soft spot for tool because he knows the music will transcend generations. He also knows that while a fraction of his fans 'get it'... a large amount of them don't. Over the years of their B.S. I'm sure he has become progressively more and more annoyed by them. Regardless, he is an amazing musician that doesn't need to act like he likes me and my fellow fans for me to appreciate his art.
choose to spiral out... or shut the fuck up