Wolfenstein: The New Order

Discussions on gaming, gadgets and other technology related topics
Calfium Jay
Queric
Height: 189cm

Wolfenstein: The New Order

Post by Calfium Jay »

Ahem....

You may or may not care, but, my fellow brethren....

WOLFENSTEIN THE NEW ORDER is coming out next week!!!!!!

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHH!!!!!

[youtube][/youtube]

So excited. Love Wolfenstein!!
Last edited by hellboy on Tue May 13, 2014 5:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: TITLE FAIL
'It is time for us to be doing what we have been doing every day. And that time is now'

Actual quote from Kamala Harris
Calfium Jay
Queric

Re: The Gaming Thread

Post by Calfium Jay »

More....

[youtube][/youtube]

!!!
'It is time for us to be doing what we have been doing every day. And that time is now'

not tyson
Grammy Winner
Height: 186cm

Re: The Gaming Thread

Post by not tyson »

Calfium Jay
Queric

Re: Wolfenstein: The New Order

Post by Calfium Jay »

My mistake. I rarely mosey over to The Tech Board......

M0G
Lungsmen

Post by M0G »

Pre-Ordered this along with Watchdogs for the PS4. Finishing up Infamous Second Son now. So many good games coming out this year.
The most intelligent person on this forum
hellboy
Site Admin
Height: 182cm

Post by hellboy »

I don't think it looks especially exciting, but I'll probably give it a whirl at some point, or pick it up on a Steam sale.
M0G
Lungsmen

Post by M0G »

hellboy wrote:I don't think it looks especially exciting, but I'll probably give it a whirl at some point, or pick it up on a Steam sale.
LOL no new game seems to excite you. I am trying to remember the last time you were excited about a new game. Trine 2 doesn't count :p Wolfeinstein and Watchdogs both look great.

@Cal - I am with you man this game looks really interesting. Moving it into the 60s in this alternate world was a good idea. Would have been boring playing it again set in the early 40s.
UndKeineZwEier
has a small dick

Post by UndKeineZwEier »

Some of the founders of this studio came from Starbreeze Studios and worked on The Darkness and The Chronicles Of Riddick games, and those are some of my favorite FPS titles (The Darkness might even be my favorite FPS), so I'm definitely interested. That said, I'm probably going to wait a bit before picking it up.
Don't mow your lawn
M0G
Lungsmen

Post by M0G »

UndKeineZwEier wrote:Some of the founders of this studio came from Starbreeze Studios and worked on The Darkness and The Chronicles Of Riddick games, and those are some of my favorite FPS titles (The Darkness might even be my favorite FPS), so I'm definitely interested. That said, I'm probably going to wait a bit before picking it up.
Which next gen console did you go with or are you a PC gamer? The only shitty thing about Wolfeinstein is that it is cross platform. It sucks for the game developers because inevitably it will take away from the next gen development side when you have to make a game that is playable on the older consoles. Thankfully there are more titles coming this year that are next gen exclusives.
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

M0G wrote:
hellboy wrote:I don't think it looks especially exciting, but I'll probably give it a whirl at some point, or pick it up on a Steam sale.
LOL no new game seems to excite you. I am trying to remember the last time you were excited about a new game. Trine 2 doesn't count :p Wolfeinstein and Watchdogs both look great.
Games coming soon I'm excited about (in no particular order):
The Witcher 3
Elite Dangerous
Wasteland 2
Alien: Isolation
The Division
Beyond Earth
The Witness

I'm not really excited for Wolfenstein because it doesn't look like anything other than a vanilla FPS with fancy graphics. To me this is about as exciting as the next Call of Duty game.
M0G
Lungsmen

Post by M0G »

hellboy wrote:
M0G wrote:
Games coming soon I'm excited about (in no particular order):
The Witcher 3
Elite Dangerous
Wasteland 2
Alien: Isolation
The Division
Beyond Earth
The Witness

I'm not really excited for Wolfenstein because it doesn't look like anything other than a vanilla FPS with fancy graphics. To me this is about as exciting as the next Call of Duty game.
I am with you on The Witcher and The Division. Destiny looks superb as well. Watchdogs of course. The Evil Within, Elder Scrolls online (they can't fuck it up on the PS4 this time around it is easy to code on now). The new Dragon Age looks interesting. AC Unity of course. Diablo 3 is supposed to get a release on the PS4 as well. Middle Earth: Shadow of Mordor might be worth a look. The next Uncharted will be remarkable no doubt. I will probably get the Last of Us Remastered on the PS4 even though it pisses me off that none of my multiplayer stats will carry over. A bunch of games coming out that look interesting.

Do you have a general dislike for shooters or certain types of shooters? You and I are of similar age, so I imagine you played Quake and Unreal.
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

M0G wrote:Do you have a general dislike for shooters or certain types of shooters? You and I are of similar age, so I imagine you played Quake and Unreal.
I don't dislike them, but it's not my favorite genre either. Graphics aside, they haven't changed much since the days of Quake and Unreal which is my main gripe.
petemasterpete
Lunchinator
Height: 7" (limp)

Post by petemasterpete »

Considering this is still a music forum, is it worth mentioning that Fredrik Thordendal has composed some of the new music for this game.

*Mog blows load all over keyboard
well piss on my tits and tell me it's raining
M0G
Lungsmen

Post by M0G »

petemasterpete wrote:Considering this is still a music forum, is it worth mentioning that Fredrik Thordendal has composed some of the new music for this game.

*Mog blows load all over keyboard
*cleans up keyboard and monitor*

oops
liz
Lunchinator

Post by liz »

[BBvideo 560,340][/BBvideo]
"She's a very charming and delightful creature, and has only one fault that I know of. It happens, unfortunately, that that single blemish is a want of taste. She don't like me."
Kittaan
Peen Taster

Post by Kittaan »

^ I wish. Very amusing.
Ki77aan :twisted:
BlindnCynical
formery Umadbrah?

Post by BlindnCynical »

Who got it? Is it any good? It's got some pretty great reviews. Now im having a hard time deciding between this and Watch Dogs.
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

Umadbrah? wrote:Who got it? Is it any good? It's got some pretty great reviews. Now im having a hard time deciding between this and Watch Dogs.
Really? Most of the reviews I've read seem "ok", more than "great".
UndKeineZwEier
has a small dick

Post by UndKeineZwEier »

The reviews I've read have been mostly positive. All of them have been in the 8/10 region, which is pretty good.
Don't mow your lawn
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

UndKeineZwEier wrote:The reviews I've read have been mostly positive. All of them have been in the 8/10 region, which is pretty good.
Fair enough - I see 7-8/10 more as 'Ok', and 9-10/10+ as 'great'.
M0G
Lungsmen

Post by M0G »

Got my copy today. Looks fucking great. Will give a review when I finish it.
BlindnCynical
formery Umadbrah?

Post by BlindnCynical »

A friend of mine brought his copy over last night and let me play the first level. You cant tell much from the first level obviously, but ill probably pick this game up at some point. I'm waiting for the reviews of watch dogs to come out before making my decision. The review embargo lifts on the day it releases, which makes me feel a little uncomfortable, but that's fairly common for any Ubisoft game.
UndKeineZwEier
has a small dick

Post by UndKeineZwEier »

I just read a few more reviews and it does sound great. I really want to play it now.
Don't mow your lawn