Adam posts a Toolish teaser?

hellboy
Site Admin
Height: 182cm

Post by hellboy »

doors said

i have a feeling that a lot is in store for us Tool enthusiasts in the near future

I have a feeling that you're full of shit. A 5 minute video that was 7 years in the making is not a lot in my book.

Well so far we have a tour confirmed, as well as an Opiate re-release.  Presuming the video iis happening, 3 items in the space of 6 months is a shitload in Tool terms.

You may not give a flying fuck about any of these things, but your statement that it is not a lot isn't accurate.
doors
Metalologist

Post by doors »

hellboy1975 said

doors said

i have a feeling that a lot is in store for us Tool enthusiasts in the near future

I have a feeling that you're full of shit. A 5 minute video that was 7 years in the making is not a lot in my book.

Well so far we have a tour confirmed, as well as an Opiate re-release.  Presuming the video iis happening, 3 items in the space of 6 months is a shitload in Tool terms.

You may not give a flying fuck about any of these things, but your statement that it is not a lot isn't accurate.

A tour playing the same setlist since 2006 and re-releasing an album with no new content except for comic artwork done by someone external of the band -this is nothing new. I am going to see them in April though so I'm hoping they play more of Aenima and less of their newer shit. 
budsyralli
Fornicraster
Height: this tall

Post by budsyralli »

doors   shut the fuck up man.....a band can release whatever/whenever they choose.....art doesnt have a timeline......sure is alot of whiny little bitches on this site. this isnt foo-fighters is it?
go taff!
joeypants
Goderator

Post by joeypants »

Oh good god, the set list changed significantly (for Tool's standards) since 2006. If the 2010/2012 tours didn't quell anyone's propensity for bitching, nothing short of a personal "all requests" set in your living room will.
joeypants
Goderator

Post by joeypants »

Also, personal preferences and all that... but there are no "bathroom songs" in a Tool set to me. If I were ever forced to pick one though, I'd usually say the first one because there's inevitably awful sound issues in the first song and it doesn't usually settle in until midway through the second song. The only exception to this I've seen was when they opened with Third Eye in 2010. That was fucking phenomenal from moment one.

I can think of maybe two shows I've seen other than that one where Jambi/Stinkfist/HWAP wasn't completely fucked sound wise.
markuspoop
Oddfellow

Post by markuspoop »

If you hit up the potty between opening band and Tool hitting the stage you should be okay on the bathroom situation, no?  I mean unless you got a bladder the size of a walnut or something.
I like to poop naked.
Ravenpig
Peen Taster

Post by Ravenpig »

I can't believe people are still bitching about the set list after the past 2 or 3 tours.

Just this last year they played:

HWAP

Ticks and Leeches

Sober (they hadn't played it regularly in a long while)

Parabol/Parabola

Pushit

Couple tours before that:

Third Eye

Intolerance

Eon Blue Apocalypse/The Patient

You Lied

I'm  no doubt forgetting a couple.  Although I don't agree with I do understand the "why they taking so damn long for the new album" hate, but the set list stuff is just perplexing.
Hey! Denty!
Ravenpig
Peen Taster

Post by Ravenpig »

badkittygothgirl said

Ravenpig said
I like The Pot a lot too. I think a lot of us Toolians dislike/hate it because it ended up being one of their more popular songs, a level below Sober and Schism (not that I've seen much hate for those two here, but in offline life I have. "Ugh Sober again?! Can't they play Pushit?". You know the type)

I've always said Sober and Schism are the bathroom songs on their set list.

Really?  They don't play Sober very often anymore. 

Hey! Denty!
joeypants
Goderator

Post by joeypants »

markuspoop said
If you hit up the potty between opening band and Tool hitting the stage you should be okay on the bathroom situation, no?  I mean unless you got a bladder the size of a walnut or something.

Mostly this, yeah. Like I said, no pissing during Tool for me. There's plenty of ways to take care of this. I should add I don't drink at these shows though. That helps.

Casey Tatum
Geacon

Post by Casey Tatum »

Nothing gets into the bubble. If anything threatens their little world view that 10,000 Days sucks and Tool doesn't appreciate their fans, then they start making up "facts" to defend themselves; when they are given the reality of the situation they either completely ignore you, change the subject, call you a fanboy or any other of their large arsenal of insults, or keep whining like the fucking bitches they are.
Casey Tatum
Geacon

Post by Casey Tatum »

Ravenpig said
I can't believe people are still bitching about the set list after the past 2 or 3 tours.

HWAP

Ticks and Leeches

Parabol/Parabola

Pushit

Third Eye

Intolerance

You Lied

I'm  no doubt forgetting a couple.  Although I don't agree with I do understand the "why they taking so damn long for the new album" hate, but the set list stuff is just perplexing.

The Pot and i think Intension
James
Fanboi

Post by James »

Ravenpig said

badkittygothgirl said

Ravenpig said
I like The Pot a lot too. I think a lot of us Toolians dislike/hate it because it ended up being one of their more popular songs, a level below Sober and Schism (not that I've seen much hate for those two here, but in offline life I have. "Ugh Sober again?! Can't they play Pushit?". You know the type)

I've always said Sober and Schism are the bathroom songs on their set list.

Really?  They don't play Sober very often anymore. 

I think Schism loses much of its impact without the layers of harmony, and Maynard just doesn't seem to put much into the song anymore--but I do love hearing the bridge live
aphex0
Bronco's Fan

Post by aphex0 »

children said

Ravenpig said

HWAP

Ticks and Leeches

Parabol/Parabola

Pushit

Third Eye

Intolerance

You Lied

Also They played Intension for the first time into Right In Two @ Red Rocks the jam was awesome.  I was in the 3rd row thanks to my girlfriend.  I also was able to see Third Eye from slightly behind the drums 4 rows back the 1st night they busted it out in New Orleans thanks to my girlfriend (2010).  Also they fucking killed Flood at Bonnaroo (07).  The intro was amazing.  These are just shows I have seen recently off the top of my head.
James
Fanboi

Post by James »

children said

Ravenpig said

HWAP

Ticks and Leeches

Parabol/Parabola

Pushit

Third Eye

Intolerance

You Lied

I don't know how common it is, but we heard Forty-Six & last year as well, they killed it.
Gwarden
Fanboi

Post by Gwarden »

They very rarely omit 46&2
James
Fanboi

Post by James »

Oh, oops. Thank you for correcting me! 
Gwarden
Fanboi

Post by Gwarden »

No worries - I think 46&2, Stinkfist, Aenima, Schism and Lateralus are all played at like 98% of their concerts
doors
Metalologist

Post by doors »

They haven't played 'Jimmy' for over a decade (maybe once or twice??). It probably brings painful memories but its one of the best songs on that album. I hope they play Flood, Third Eye, and Eulogy.
Casey Tatum
Geacon

Post by Casey Tatum »

I will be super pissed if they don't play "H." and "Wings (Pt 1+2)"
hellboy
Site Admin
Height: 182cm

Post by hellboy »

doors said
They haven't played 'Jimmy' for over a decade (maybe once or twice??). It probably brings painful memories but its one of the best songs on that album. I hope they play Flood, Third Eye, and Eulogy.

Jimmy is a great song - saw it last time they played at the Adelaide Entertainment Centre back in 2002.  Would love to hear any of those songs you mentioned, though I imagine Eulogy is well and truly beyond Maynard these days.
doors
Metalologist

Post by doors »

hellboy1975 said

doors said

Jimmy is a great song - saw it last time they played at the Adelaide Entertainment Centre back in 2002.  Would love to hear any of those songs you mentioned, though I imagine Eulogy is well and truly beyond Maynard these days.

I envy you.
snazzlefrass
Shankdagger
Height: 7.5inches

Post by snazzlefrass »

toolphishdhs said
im thinking yall will get a setlist fairly close to 2012 (which was AWESOME, i dont hate all the time ). I feel like HWAP is almost a guarantee. also probably some like intension, ticks, and sober switched out.     may get the pot. maybe parabola(really wanted this again in 2012 but was not meant to be, although i saw it in 01 so im ok if i dont ever get to see it again).  i think they will throw in something from opiate. probably not Opiate because of the long scream at the end. jerk-off is my bet.  Wings would be awesome, but that is a pipe dream. maybe right in two or vicarious. 

really it is incredibly hard to predict, but i think it will definitely include 46 & 2, stinkfist, lateralus, schism, jambi, HWAP, and aenema.

Yeah, too bad they won't ever play that again. Don't blame them, at the show I went to a bunch of douchers kept yelling "fuck yeah TOOL!' and 'Mayyyyyynard!!!'

Fuckers.
SteveBobSteve
UndKeineZwEier
has a small dick

Post by UndKeineZwEier »

snazzlefrass said

toolphishdhs said
im thinking yall will get a setlist fairly close to 2012 (which was AWESOME, i dont hate all the time ). I feel like HWAP is almost a guarantee. also probably some like intension, ticks, and sober switched out.     may get the pot. maybe parabola(really wanted this again in 2012 but was not meant to be, although i saw it in 01 so im ok if i dont ever get to see it again).  i think they will throw in something from opiate. probably not Opiate because of the long scream at the end. jerk-off is my bet.  Wings would be awesome, but that is a pipe dream. maybe right in two or vicarious. 

really it is incredibly hard to predict, but i think it will definitely include 46 & 2, stinkfist, lateralus, schism, jambi, HWAP, and aenema.

Yeah, too bad they won't ever play that again. Don't blame them, at the show I went to a bunch of douchers kept yelling "fuck yeah TOOL!' and 'Mayyyyyynard!!!'

Fuckers.

Shit, ain't nobody got time for that.
Don't mow your lawn
snazzlefrass
Shankdagger
Height: 7.5inches

Post by snazzlefrass »

but i like it when maynard cries for his mother.
SteveBobSteve