Random Tool Social Media thread

The Main Event
not tyson
Grammy Winner
Height: 186cm

Re: Random Tool Social Media thread

Post by not tyson »

I bet Blair gets a fuckton of hate mail.
Ravenpig
Peen Taster

Post by Ravenpig »

Probably so.

And now that I think about it the comment section on their faceyspacey page is probably what he means.
Hey! Denty!
Bill Hilly
Droner
Location: Leavenworth Penitentiary - Dishonorably discharged from Tool Army

Post by Bill Hilly »

I hear that the boo birds are out in numbers whenever they are vacationing in Hawaii and Alaska.
"I'm kind of a big dill." - Schlong Burgundy
ilikecheese
Hey Jude

Post by ilikecheese »

Heh...you're curious...butt no time for that now!

Still, I do not get the premise of the 'problem.' (8?)
I don't claim to know anything about this case in particular;
I don't see why anyone, TOOL included, would hire an insurance company because of a lawsuit brought on by an artist.
Makes no sense.
"Oh no, I'm being sued!"

"Better call...Allstate?"
(And no, I'm not saying what you just heard in your head when you read that last phrase.)
And then the 'allstate' in this charade turns tail and sues them too?
HA! TOOL must be dicks!
lmao

Oh, and did Cam trademark that art?

because if he DIDIN'T

because if he DIDIN'T

He should have.
My my my
Once bitten twice shy, baby.
The above post is entertainment. It is most likely not directed at any individual unless specified. Any other interpretation, gleaning, or reckoning, of this post without the express, written, consent of Cheese, is strictly prohibited.
BlackHole83
Stinkyfist

Post by BlackHole83 »

Meh, it will get done when it gets done. No need to look too much into this, it's not our affairs anyways. Hopefully that shit can get resolved soon.
Ravenpig
Peen Taster

Post by Ravenpig »

ilikecheese wrote:Heh...you're curious...butt no time for that now!

Still, I do not get the premise of the 'problem.' (8?)
I don't claim to know anything about this case in particular;
I don't see why anyone, TOOL included, would hire an insurance company because of a lawsuit brought on by an artist.
Makes no sense.
"Oh no, I'm being sued!"

"Better call...Allstate?"
(And no, I'm not saying what you just heard in your head when you read that last phrase.)
And then the 'allstate' in this charade turns tail and sues them too?
HA! TOOL must be dicks!
lmao

Oh, and did Cam trademark that art?

because if he DIDIN'T

because if he DIDIN'T

He should have.
My my my
Once bitten twice shy, baby.
Yes, exactly what I was thinking.
Hey! Denty!
void
Fanboi

Post by void »

Not that anyone asked for it... just my 2 cents on this whole thing:

The original lawsuit sucked, Cam De Leon's artwork was great... but it's over and settled now.

The insurance company lawsuit sucks even more... but it makes sense, these companies will do anything to avoid doing their job or paying out money.

Neither are a valid excuse as to why it's taken them this long to produce a couple songs.

Maynard has already insinuated, in the press and other places, that the guys in Tool besides him... are lazy... numerous times.
ms2r
Uncle Fucker

Post by ms2r »

Noyce!

The race between the new TooL album and the Winds of Winter gets more and more exciting! Who will be first!

George RR Martin vs Danny, Adam, Justin & Maynard.
badkittygothgirl
Stinkyfist

Post by badkittygothgirl »

^^^ Hahaha
Calfium Jay
Queric
Height: 189cm

Post by Calfium Jay »

Yeah, he's NEVER taken the "well there other circumstances involved beyond our control" path when asked about progress of new material.

As you say, he hints at the fact that the other three "take forever" to write the music and that he finds this incredibly "frustrating".

Still, it's beyond me how an argument in the courts over some unpaid licencing agreements regarding artwork could have such a devastating effect on the creative process.

Doesn't ring true....

You'd think that if anything Adam's divorce and the death of Danny's father would constitute more of a hindrance. But those two events don't even get a looksee in the Rolling Stone interview.
'It is time for us to be doing what we have been doing every day. And that time is now'

Actual quote from Kamala Harris
Bill Hilly
Droner

Post by Bill Hilly »

Tool's shit stinks so bad right now that the Social Media thread has turned into The Grudge. Amen.
hellboy
Site Admin
Height: 182cm

Post by hellboy »

Assuming that the lawsuit is the only reason for the delay is foolish. The fact that it was the only one discussed in yesterdays article doesn't imply that Tool are using it solely to blame for the delay in the new album.
ms2r
Uncle Fucker

Post by ms2r »

They just had other things to do which interested them more on a personal level.

Like George RR Martin says when people ask on when winds of winter will be released and he should hurry up and not waste time on side-projects & tours:
"I am not your Bitch."
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

Personally I don't think Tool should be giving any excuses for the new album. They are completely unneccessary and tend to cause more angst and misconceptions. The less said until there is tangible progress on the new album the better.
not tyson
Grammy Winner
Height: 186cm

Post by not tyson »

Now the carbon tax is repealed we should see some results any day now.
Bill Hilly
Droner

Post by Bill Hilly »

That's true, Hellboy. I think most of us get that. The problem is, as I mentioned a couple days ago, the contrasting views of the delay between actual band members. What's up with all of Maynard's tongue and cheek suggestions for the delay? Why has Danny said for 3 years now that the album is close and studio time is near? Why is Adam using Rolling Stone and other news outlets as a forum to air out some laundry right now when we haven't had any real news in months? Why does he have to mention again that he doesn't give a fuck about the fans and then mentions that the fans need to know? It's all so contradicting that it really does sound like some lame ass April Fool's joke......that's been going on for 5 years now.
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

Bill Hilly wrote:That's true, Hellboy. I think most of us get that. The problem is, as I mentioned a couple days ago, the contrasting views of the delay between actual band members. What's up with all of Maynard's tongue and cheek suggestions for the delay? Why has Danny said for 3 years now that the album is close and studio time is near? Why is Adam using Rolling Stone and other news outlets as a forum to air out some laundry right now when we haven't had any real news in months? Why does he have to mention again that he doesn't give a fuck about the fans and then mentions that the fans need to know? It's all so contradicting that it really does sound like some lame ass April Fool's joke......that's been going on for 5 years now.
They're a famous band. People want to interview them and ask questions, in particular about the new album. In reality, they can't just go around saying "no comment" in regards to that question. How far did that get Maynard? Scorn from almost every Tool analyst and Grudge poster on the net.

Unless Tool have a tour, or some form of release, they should politely decline all media requests for interviews in my opinion. It's a little harder for Maynard though, as he tends to be in the spot light a little more with Puscifer & APC commitments.

As to contrasting quotes on where the album is? I suspect Maynard is largely out of the loop. It's well documented that Danny is an optomist in regards to releases. Not just Tool, but remember how long Volto! took to come out.

I can only hazard to guess why Rolling Stone have been talking to Tool. Perhaps news of the lawsuit will be hitting the media soon, and they wanted to get some form of statement out there. Perhaps there's something else about to hit us - the curveball perhaps? It does seem a little strange to me tat Adam & Danny would all of a sudden be interviewed about a legal matter of all things. Perhaps there is a part of the interview we haven't seen yet.

As much as I wish they would say nothing, that's not necessarily realistic!
The Boss
LSDeeeeeee
Height: Not A Fucking Manlet

Post by The Boss »

hellboy wrote:Assuming that the lawsuit is the only reason for the delay is foolish. The fact that it was the only one discussed in yesterdays article doesn't imply that Tool are using it solely to blame for the delay in the new album.
You can't deny that Jones is using it as a scapegoat and a massive excuse, though, in the media.

So much for getting to know someone....
O love will you read the letters I will send to you.
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

Bill Hilly wrote:It's all so contradicting that it really does sound like some lame ass April Fool's joke......that's been going on for 5 years now.
Maybe, there is plenty of evidence out there to suggest the legal case is a legitimate concern for the band, though probably not to the extent that perhaps Adam or Danny are letting on. Bear in mind that Rolling Stone have a fair say in what is emphasised in the article. Context is important.
Bill Hilly
Droner

Post by Bill Hilly »

Why not "no comment"? That's all Adam said to the fans that forked out 500 lazy bones for the VIP. Also, I find it very hard to believe that Maynard is out of the loop with anything Tool related. Good points otherwise.
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

The Boss wrote: You can't deny that Jones is using it as a scapegoat and a massive excuse, though, in the media.
As I hinted above, let's not forget who wrote the article. Rolling Stone are moving with the part of the interview they think will generate more clicks.

I don't think Adam is aiming to make the legal case as big a deal in the delay as some of you guys are making out.
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

Bill Hilly wrote:Why not "no comment"? That's all Adam said to the fans that forked out 500 lazy bones for the VIP.
Well, I'm not a huge fan of the VIP sessions either to be honest.
Bill Hilly wrote:Also, I find it very hard to believe that Maynard is out of the loop with anything Tool related. Good points otherwise.
How would you explain the disconnect then? He's out of the loop in that he's not in the Loft every time they rehearse, so can only go on what he's told by the other three, and I bet they pick and choose what to send him.
Bill Hilly
Droner

Post by Bill Hilly »

hellboy wrote:
How would you explain the disconnect then? He's out of the loop in that he's not in the Loft every time they rehearse, so can only go on what he's told by the other three, and I bet they pick and choose what to send him.
Tool states they are a democratic band split 4 ways. If that is truly the case, Maynard has just as much say as to what is picked and chosen. Maynard supposedly got a demo of some rough tracks, has heard music during recent tours, and I guarantee actually communicates with the other band members through phone, email, and in person. He knows where the album is at.
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

Bill Hilly wrote:
hellboy wrote:
Tool states they are a democratic band split 4 ways. If that is truly the case, Maynard has just as much say as to what is picked and chosen. Maynard supposedly got a demo of some rough tracks, has heard music during recent tours, and I guarantee actually communicates with the other band members through phone, email, and in person. He knows where the album is at.
Cool, I don't disagree with you.
void
Fanboi

Post by void »

I agree with hellboy, the less they say... the better. We can all assume a lot of factors delayed the album...lawsuits, divorce, injury, parents dying, children being born, their slow writing process in general...

Also, maybe they have written a large amount of material or songs up to this point. And while a band member like Danny might be into a lot of it... Adam decides they can do better, and decides to scrap it and begin writing newer stuff. Who knows? But it's not that far fetched... especially with Adam's last comment in the Rolling Stone article, about not wanting to regret releasing a single piece of music.