Video game news

Discussions on gaming, gadgets and other technology related topics
BlindnCynical
formery Umadbrah?

Re: Video game news

Post by BlindnCynical »

EA Announces EA Access for Xbox One
Today we’re revealing a new way for gamers to play more EA games. This is something we’ve never done before and we’re excited to share it with you.

We have partnered with Microsoft to deliver EA Access, an all-new monthly (or annual) membership for gamers exclusively on Xbox One that starts at just $4.99 a month. The service is being rolled out in beta to a limited number of players today, but it will launch for everyone on Xbox One soon. At EA, we are always looking for new ways to make it easier for gamers to play more EA games across all platforms, and we are excited about what EA Access will offer to players on Xbox One.

EA Access membership unlocks The Vault, a collection of EA’s biggest games on Xbox One ready for you to download and play. During the beta, gamers will have unlimited access to four great EA games: FIFA 14, Madden NFL 25, Peggle 2 and Battlefield 4™, with more titles being added soon. That’s over $100 worth of games for $4.99 a month. You can play these EA favorites as much as you want with the click of a button.

EA Access is a totally new way for you to play more of the games you love, for less. Here’s a rundown of the additional benefits EA Access members will get:

Awesome Value– Besides the great games in The Vault, EA Access members will save 10% on purchases of EA digital content for Xbox One offered through the Xbox Games Store. From full digital-download titles like the upcoming Dragon Age™ Inquisition or NHL®15, to additional membership services such as Battlefield 4 Premium or even FIFA Ultimate Team points, it’s all 10% off for members.*

Play First – Membership in EA Access lets you experience trials of new EA games up to five days before the release date.* It starts with Madden NFL 15, NHL 15, FIFA 15, NBA LIVE 15, and Dragon Age: Inquisition, but more are on the way. If you decide to buy the game, your progress will carry over so you can pick up right where you left off.

You can join EA Access for just $4.99 per month, or you can purchase an annual membership for $29.99 per year on Xbox LIVE®.

Soon, fans of GameStop will be able to purchase their EA Access membership in local retail stores. GameStop and Amazon will also carry EA Access memberships for Xbox One gamers across Europe, as well as EB Games in Canada.

Excited to check it out? EA Access will launch on Xbox One soon. You will find more information on the program at the EA Access website. Be sure to follow EA Access on Facebook and Twitter as well.

Stay tuned!
I'm not sure what to think about this. I could see myself throwing $5 for access to 4 games for a month when i have nothing else to play. Do you think this could be the start of something? Will other publishers follow suit?
hellboy
Site Admin
Height: 182cm

Post by hellboy »

I think it's the way of the future for the big console publishers.
UndKeineZwEier
has a small dick

Post by UndKeineZwEier »

Sony turned it down because they didn't believe it was a good value for their customers.
Don't mow your lawn
ms2r
Uncle Fucker

Post by ms2r »

Nice avatar, guardian of the galaxy having a field day.
The Boss
LSDeeeeeee
Height: Not A Fucking Manlet

Post by The Boss »

UndKeineZwEier wrote:Sony turned it down because they didn't believe it was a good value for their customers.
I agree.
O love will you read the letters I will send to you.
BlindnCynical
formery Umadbrah?

Post by BlindnCynical »

UndKeineZwEier wrote:Sony turned it down because they didn't believe it was a good value for their customers.
I believe sony turned it down because they dont want anything competing with their playstation now service.

Which i see as a worse value. at $5 for 5 days vs $5 for 30 days.
BlindnCynical
formery Umadbrah?

Post by BlindnCynical »

You can add Evolve to the list of games that wont come out this fall.

http://kotaku.com/evolve-delayed-to-feb ... Socialflow

pretty bummed by this.
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

Nottoomadbrah
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

So I was watching Indie Game: The Movie today, and it turns out the guy who made Super Meat Boy & The Binding of Isaac is a big Melvins, Tool & Sunno fan.
UndKeineZwEier
has a small dick

Post by UndKeineZwEier »

Edward R... something, right? Or maybe it's a D...
Don't mow your lawn
UndKeineZwEier
has a small dick

Post by UndKeineZwEier »

Nope. Edmund McMullen. Not surprised I forgot that. Tommy Refenes is his partner at Team Meat, that's where I was getting the R from.
Don't mow your lawn
UndKeineZwEier
has a small dick

Post by UndKeineZwEier »

That Silent Hills "playable teaser" was pretty cool idea. I don't know much about it except Hideo Kojima and Guillermo Del Toro are involved. But I mean it's fucking Hideo Kojima and Guillermo Of The fucking Bull. Can't say my interest isn't peaked.
Don't mow your lawn
The Boss
LSDeeeeeee

Post by The Boss »

UndKeineZwEier wrote:That Silent Hills "playable teaser" was pretty cool idea. I don't know much about it except Hideo Kojima and Guillermo Del Toro are involved. But I mean it's fucking Hideo Kojima and Guillermo Of The fucking Bull. Can't say my interest isn't peaked.
I think it's safe to say that it's going to be the tits.
not tyson
Grammy Winner
Height: 186cm

Post by not tyson »

[youtube][/youtube]
not tyson
Grammy Winner

Post by not tyson »

http://www.techradar.com/news/gaming/th ... 15-1265010

So this will basically not be compatible with consoles, right? I know Sony have something in the works but if this tech is game changing it could kill off consoles.
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

I don't think that there's any doubt VR will come to consoles eventually. There's no reason consoles technically couldn't support it, I suspect that decision is more of a marketing one than the a specifications based decision. Sony, Microsoft & Nintendo will all want to be the ones to set the "standard" for console VR. To be honest I'm surprised Facebook nabbed Oculus before Sony & MS could have a play at it.
The Boss
LSDeeeeeee

Post by The Boss »

As usual, Bellboi knows his shit.

I would strongly recommend saving and preparing for the Morpheus (name? spelling? a/s/l?) on the PS4 in the next twelve months or so if you have literally NO interest in PC gaming, computers, or anything of that ilk. Fuck, I still game on my fucking laptop that I bought two years ago, and this hot fucking bitch is the centre of my world for all things ones and zeros.

If you dig PC gaming (and that is literally just the start of what VR tech will do . . .), get the first run of Occs as soon as they came out for beta/public market testing/whatever you want to call it next American spring. I have never experienced it, but I would happily bet your mother's life that it will change the world as we know it. It's going to be a massive game-changer in every conceivable way.

Not convinced? Samsung has a portable VR set coming out extremely soon, with their new phone.

This is the new face of a very new world. Companies have taken calculated risks and agreed that this is it for a new era of technological development. Ridiculous sums of money have been pouring into this for a while, and we're soon going to see it.

I'll probably going to end up getting both the PC and PS4 versions, for what it's worth. Because why not.

This is going to be huge. Absolutely fucking massive.
not tyson
Grammy Winner

Post by not tyson »

What did her question even fucking mean? :lol:

[youtube][/youtube]
ms2r
Uncle Fucker

Post by ms2r »

The demo of Super Mario Smash runs quite good on the 3ds.
Still racin Kart 8.
The Boss
LSDeeeeeee

Post by The Boss »

not tyson wrote:What did her question even fucking mean? :lol:

[youtube][/youtube]
Company with lots of promise openly decides to completely shut-out huge portions of their possible market. So glad this chick made them realise the error of their ways.

And no, I have literally no idea what she's talking about. To bring gender into this conversation is like bring softdrink to a 21st birthday: Everyone is going to think you're weird, and no one will want to talk to you.
not tyson
Grammy Winner

Post by not tyson »

The fact that people clapped at the end of her question reminded me of when people clap when someone with down syndrome does something 'So cute, they can be just like us too'
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

It's a silly question and well answered by Carmack I thought.
UndKeineZwEier
has a small dick

Post by UndKeineZwEier »

Metal Gear Solid V has a dog (or possibly a wolf) with an eyepatch and for some reason everybody thinks this is insane and/or ridiculous.

His name is DD (short for Diamond Dog).
Don't mow your lawn
UndKeineZwEier
has a small dick

Post by UndKeineZwEier »

Grand Theft Auto V on PC, PS4, and Xbone may have a first-person mode. If that's true I'm definitely going to have to buy it again.
Don't mow your lawn
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

UndKeineZwEier wrote:Grand Theft Auto V on PC, PS4, and Xbone may have a first-person mode. If that's true I'm definitely going to have to buy it again.
It sounds good, but I'd probably only repurchase if there is a new campaign, like The Ballad of Gay Tony in GTAIV. First person mode and all the released DLC isn't enough for me.