Peen Taster

Post by Kittaan »

HI ALL.
I DON'T KNOW IF YOU KNOW ABOUT THIS BUT I HAVE A PROJECT CALLED
ATOMS FOR PEACE.
A KIND OF CONTINUATION OF THE ERASER ..
BUT NO LONGER A SOLO PROJECT BECAUSE IT NOW INVOLVES THE BAND I GOT
TOGETHER TO PLAY THE ERASER LIVE.
JOEY WARONKER, MAURO REFOSCO, FLEA, NIGEL GODRICH AND ME.
IT'S A MIXTURE OF LIVE AND MACHINE, I GUESS.

AMOK IS OUT 25TH OF FEB, PRE-ORDER HERE
JUDGE JURY AND EXECUTIONER FROM AMOK WILL BE AVAILABLE ON 12" VINYL FROM 11TH OF MARCH. THE FLIPSIDE IS A TUNE CALLED S.A.D. PRE-ORDERHERE
IT'S UP ON YOUTUBE HERE - I HOPE YOU LIKE IT.

http://waste.uk.com/Emails/AFP-31012013.html

Stoked for this.  Saw them live and it was an excellent show.  Can't wait until they tour again.
Ki77aan :twisted:
badkittygothgirl
Stinkyfist

Post by badkittygothgirl »

I wish they would do a full fledged tour!  I loved Eraser and this is turning out to be just as good.  I expected nothing less than awesome from Thom Yorke.
ilikecheese
Hey Jude

Post by ilikecheese »

Will he be dancing to any groovy TooL tunes?  maybe he can try some Isley Brothers next?
The above post is entertainment. It is most likely not directed at any individual unless specified. Any other interpretation, gleaning, or reckoning, of this post without the express, written, consent of Cheese, is strictly prohibited.
petemasterpete
Lunchinator
Height: 7" (limp)

Post by petemasterpete »

Radiohead Planning 9th Album
well piss on my tits and tell me it's raining
badkittygothgirl
Stinkyfist

This is great news indeed!  
petemasterpete
Lunchinator

Post by petemasterpete »

Atoms for Peace streaming here
hellboy
Site Admin
Height: 182cm

Post by hellboy »

It's only marginally less boring than the last Radiohead album
petemasterpete
Lunchinator

Post by petemasterpete »

YOU'RE ONLY MARGINALLY LESS BORING THEN THE TOOL-HATE BANTER OF RECENT TIMES
Ravenpig
Peen Taster

Post by Ravenpig »

I agree with HB. Never got all the hubbub about Radiohead/Thom Yorke etc. Boring with a capital everything, this isn't that different.
Hey! Denty!
petemasterpete
Lunchinator

Post by petemasterpete »

^ COMMENTS FROM THE PEANUT GALLERY
badkittygothgirl
Stinkyfist

Looking forward to adding this to our vinyl collection. 
Kittaan
Peen Taster

Post by Kittaan »

ilikecheese said
Will he be dancing to any groovy tunes?

Yes.

thesheedspot
My pain is just an excuse

Post by thesheedspot »

i have to agree with the haters on this one. i dont like the new "blippity blip bloop" direction that thom is hellbent on taking radiohead in. that sort of drippy beat reminds me, of all things, of r kelly. the only track i enjoyed off the last radiohead album was codex, which is mostly a slow piano tune that reminded me of sail to the moon. atoms for peace does nothing for me at all, and was pretty much instantly forgettable imo. if thom yorke wasnt attached to this project i dont think it gets a tenth of the publicity or recognition.
joeypants
Goderator

Post by joeypants »

Love Atoms For Peace's new album. It's fun/groovy, yet still shows why Radiohead is so great and what happens without the other guys' input.

Hoping the next Radiohead is a full-blown return to form for them after that last one.
Kittaan
Peen Taster

Post by Kittaan »

^ And with this band live, the material was elevated significantly!  Very similar in that to Puscifer... I will definitely go see this assuming they tour it again in my area.

Regarding recent Radiohead material, I too miss the old days, but I still dig what they are doing and again, one of the better live bands out there.  I've never been disappointed live.
joeypants
Goderator

Post by joeypants »

I love them to pieces, but that last album (actually the first half of the last album) and ensuing tour left me cold. The 2008 tours beat the pants of the last outing. Still one of the best bands out there though.
Kittaan
Peen Taster

Post by Kittaan »

joeypants said
I love them to pieces, but that last album (actually the first half of the last album) and ensuing tour left me cold. The 2008 tours beat the pants of the last outing. Still one of the best bands out there though.

Even with the double drummer setup?  That was badass IMO.  Where did you see them, FL?  Wonder if that was early in the tour? They killed in San Jose.  I seem to remember Kat raving about it as well...  

And I hear you about KOL in comparison to their best, it doesn't measure up to the classic RH, but I prefer it to so much other drab crap being put out by lesser bands.  
thesheedspot
My pain is just an excuse

Post by thesheedspot »

2008 tour was amazing. first time seeing them for me. caught them in my hometown and then at lolla in chicago. soldier field shot off fireworks for some event they were having during the radiohead set and it was unreal. (lolla 08 killed, headliners of radiohead, NIN and RATM. rage on saturday was the best show ive ever been to) i just miss the days of the johnny greenwood led tunes over the new post dub step wtf ever you want to call what they play now.
joeypants
Goderator

Post by joeypants »

thesheedspot said
2008 tour was amazing. first time seeing them for me. caught them in my hometown and then at lolla in chicago. soldier field shot off fireworks for some event they were having during the radiohead set and it was unreal. (lolla 08 killed, headliners of radiohead, NIN and RATM. rage on saturday was the best show ive ever been to) i just miss the days of the johnny greenwood led tunes over the new post dub step wtf ever you want to call what they play now.

Saw them three times on that tour. Lolla didn't do much for me but that has almost everything to do with festival atmosphere rather than Radiohead. Ditto for Rage which we left half way through. Would kill to see Rage in a smaller venue*, or even an arena. NIN however destroyed that festival that year. No surprise I guess it was at the other slightly smaller stage. I was shocked that you could hear a fucking pin drop when the did Hurt, even at a festival. So awesome.

*Thankfully, I did see them in about a 1000 capacity place during the Evil Empire tour. It was magical.
badkittygothgirl
Stinkyfist

Kittaan said

joeypants said

Even with the double drummer setup?  That was badass IMO.  Where did you see them, FL?  Wonder if that was early in the tour? They killed in San Jose.  I seem to remember Kat raving about it as well...  

And I hear you about KOL in comparison to their best, it doesn't measure up to the classic RH, but I prefer it to so much other drab crap being put out by lesser bands.  

I did rave about it.  I <3 drummers and the double drummer set up was right in my wheelhouse.  Even though KOL was no In Ranbows, I really liked it.  At least they moved on from Pablo Honey.
joeypants
Goderator

Post by joeypants »

The show itself was cool, I just didn't enjoy the setlist as much as '08. They're still an amazing live band.
Kittaan
Peen Taster

Post by Kittaan »

badkittygothgirl said

At least they moved on from Pablo Honey.

I still dig Pablo Honey.  I just wish Creep had gotten more airplay.  
MOG
Scissorman

Post by MOG »

Slowly wanders into the room....

teehee

*runs off*
badkittygothgirl
Stinkyfist

Kittaan said

badkittygothgirl said

At least they moved on from Pablo Honey.

I still dig Pablo Honey.  I just wish Creep had gotten more airplay.  

Hahahaha...because Creep is the only song the radio stations play when they play Radiohead.